Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part V
      Page: 1 2 3 4 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part V
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted
Welcome to Part V!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
H e l l o .......echo, echo,echo!

Posts: 11144 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Who said dat?

Posts: 9702 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
The house is coming along, but slowly. Made another $10,000 installment yesterday. Most of the interior walls are in and the pocket doors have arrived.

Next comes installment of a new HVAC system for the entire house, of which sis will pay for half. Then they will start on the electrical wiring and throwing up new exterior walls around the patio for my new living/dining area. Last will be the kitchen. So we've still got a ways to go.

Sis came by for a bit yesterday and we finally got out to pick up a tilapia dinner before she went home. Been wanting tilapia for quite some time now!

Mom is still unable to recognize anyone, at least most of the time. Every now and then she will seem to know who baby sis and baby brother are. Still isn't eating enough and has lost down from about 95 lbs to about 70 lbs. Of course, she's only 4'8" but still...that's pretty thin for her.

Also learned she has an abdominal aneurysm in addition to the aortic dissection, but they said it wasn't as likely to cause her trouble as the aortic dissection - which is 2" and very fragile - and located just at the top of the aorta where it comes out of the heart.

Baby sis says mom still wants to get up and move around, but gets confused as to where she wants to go... Poor sis is exhausted and hasn't had many good night's sleep for a while now. But at least she gets a break when the hospice ladies come...almost daily. As Allan would say, "I dips me hat" (love that!) to her!

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Most are prescribed ensure when they aren’t eating much.

As for baby sis, god bless her indeed! Sounds like she could use a bed or a chair alarm although I’ve known some that have figured out how to shut them off! I’d suggest some old movies or tv shows to keep her occupied, and still!

As for hospice, yes they are a help to many caretaker, encourage your sis to use that time for herself!

Posts: 11144 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Yeah, sis said she was trying to get some Ensure into her and she does try to get a nap/shower/whatever while the hospice ladies are there.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
There is now an extra high something Ensure. I think it’s higher calorie too. And all of it at once can be hard especially if she has trouble swallowing. The nursing home here used to also freeze it. They then called it a milkshake which if it sat out was closer to slushy as it could freeze rather hard. They used their own mix.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Mom is eating a bit better and is up and moving around again! Driving my sis batsh*t!

Good thing is she can only walk about for a few minutes at a time and always forgets where it was she wanted to go...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Buy her some large legos! If you can keep them off the floor, it may keep her busy and actually her mind active.

Children’s puzzles might keep her put too.

Good luck, tell your sis I feel for here!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

Can you access this?

https://vw.ffmovies.sc/film/cl...the-fifth-kind-2020/

You may need a vpn, but it’s not obvious that you might.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Something odd, Reed.

All I am getting is a young woman popping up and down on an actual phallus???

Finally got on track.

Can't access it, however this review of Greer's earlier work, along with others on the likes of Rotten Tomato, give me pause:
Ferryman 2.0 out of 5 stars Fact or fiction? You decide. Reviewed in the United Kingdom on 29 September 2018 Verified Purchase If even a quarter of what is being claimed in this book is true, it would be the story of the century - the story of for ever. But, without going into tedious detail, there's a lot of old material here, recycled and turned into 'well of course it has been discredited, that's all part of the plot" I've still not seen or heard any irrefutable evidence. A good story, but the jury is well and truly out.

A little time back I posted my latest thinking, where I said we have those who need deities to explain everything, while there are others who think almost exactly the same way but replace deities with space aliens.

Becoming more than ever convinced it is indeed all in the mind.

We just have not yet worked out how to understand how our minds work.

One thing we do know; our minds do not like not-knowing, so they make the unknown match up with something they do know.

In the most minor way, how often in a street crowded with unknown faces do we think "oh, there's so and so" only to discover when we get closer they are nothing like who we thought they were?

At the other end, how often do we see faces, animals, even space ships, in cloud formations?

Which reminds me, we had a cracker of a storm one afternoon earlier this week. Been so long I can't remember anything like such a lashing in years.

At the tail end the blackout hit, lasting until well into the night.

Fortunately there was now enough moonlight for me to be able to sit out the back and see enough to roll my cigarettes.

Best of all, though, was about 8pm, when I saw a possum walking along the side fence.

Used to have a couple years ago who, while cautious, would come down to eat the birdseeds while I sat there.

Thought I'd lost them forever, but here he was...

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3172 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Omg!

Let me check again. What I saw at the beginning wasn’t at all clear. How about I move to email?

It’s close encounters of the fifth kind.

Here’s another link. ... email sent.

Here's a far more reliable site (Daily Motion), which shouldn't have any nefarious crap to be encountered, and which has the full 2 Hour documentary/movie FOR FREE:

https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x7t5cb4

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have to say that, judging by the look on her face, that young woman was not at all enjoying her close encounter.

Must add that had her partner known what I knew he could have done much better Wink   ;)

Did you see my edited post?

Posts: 3172 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I see you’ve concluded you can’t get there, Seychelles, straight.

There is a browser called opera, I think, that has a free vpn. You choose what country your server is in and that’s where the film check figures you are. That’s the way I can see some of the SBC posts you’ve referenced.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

Have to say that, judging by the look on her face, that young woman was not at all enjoying her close encounter.

Must add that had her partner known what I knew he could have done much better Wink   ;)

Did you see my edited post?

So your strange film is a close encounter! Try the new link.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

Since you love strange news reports, tonight this sentence was broadcast. You’ll have to supply the punctuation though.

in Philadelphia, an unarmed man was shot and killed with a knife.

Sorry, it’s hard to get the verbal totally correct now

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Proofreaders Rule OK

My pedantry cringes every night as I see example after example of this total lack of understanding of the English language, something we were properly taught in primary school.

One of the worst is when we are told someone has set a new record.

Of course it is bloody new. How can anyone set an old record?

Have reached the stage where I am convinced this ballsed-up education is deliberate, part of the Big Conspiracy.

How can anyone analyse what is being said if they can not understand our own language?

Accessed your site, but all I could find was the trailer. Have a feeling, too, that one of the presenters looks very much like one on Ancient Aliens.

Just like the deeply religious, they can't even think of the obvious questions.

It's like trying to explain Ezekiel's target could not possibly have been the King of Tyre.

By the sounds of it, we are heading for another soaking as the clouds roll in from the west. Thunder is almost non-stop.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I actually feel sorry for some of the news people when I think they are reading what others have written. The very idea that the material was written by others would imply to me that professional proofreading or editors could be employed for all but breaking news!

I’ve heard a few news casters question what they’ve just read but not recently and not very often.

Sorry you can’t get the whole film. From what little I saw it’s more recent than the ancient aliens things I’ve seen.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Still getting only the trailer.

Noticed I missed your response on another thread on the same topic, where you said: For the US and the EU I’d guess the concern would be not to recreate the panic that was caused in New York etc with the reading of a fictional book containing a news report! The name, momentarily escapes me.

That would have been Orson Welles' broadcast of HG Wells' The War of the Worlds.

Like everyone, I understood there was such a panic, however, the scale of that panic is disputed, as the program had relatively few listeners.[2]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ds_(1938_radio_drama)