Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I see I got on to the wrong thread :-(

Try again, Allan...

Right, you lot, time to get into gear.

Orthodox science looks as though it is starting to catch up on me at long last.

Seems the Blessed Wallace Greenslade was right all along, it IS all in the mind, you know, something I have know since I were a lad back in the 1950s.

Being the decent bloke I am, I give you fair warning: am about to buy the latest Great Courses lectures on Neuropsychology.

Lurking on Amazon, I see the same old errors time after time, from the orthodox believers and non-believers alike. Can't get my head around why the atheists insist the Bible must be read literally, when they do not believe it anyway. Noah's flood story WAS based on real events, as was the Sodom and Gomorrah mythology, designed for exactly the same purpose as the 12,000 years older story of the Rainbow Serpent blowing huge holes in the ground which are now a great tourist attraction as crater lakes.

Have been trying too, to no avail, to find ANYONE who can explain the two versions of David's census. WHY did God con him into making that census?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1576 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
mary s is now j m jones

Eh, why is Mary "j m jones"?

Still think you should be 'Mary Spud' and I'll just call you 'Tater', hee hee hee.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4103 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see I got on to the wrong thread :-(

Try again, Allan...

That's okay, Allan - it worked out just fine! Now you have duplicate posts on both threads, so JR and I both get the honor of replying to your first Aantares post at the same time. Smile   :)

I saw your post on the other thread right after you posted it, and theoretically could have replied before she did. But I was somewhat distracted earlier by one more go-round with an old enemy here on Aantares. Actually at one remove through her friend, since I put the b*tch on ignore yesterday. Should have done it years ago.

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see a new post by my favorite Aussie on any forum. Now things are starting to feel normal again. As normal as they ever get anyway.

I heard you met Reed on her cruise to Australia and where else??? Around the world apparently, since the cruise is still going on as I'm typing this. She said you're very much the same in person as you are online. In other words--not a phony. Which does NOT imply i thought for a minute you would be! Smile   :)

Love ya,
Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
Allan and everyone,

Something just happened on Amazon that's kinda creepy. The old thread is starting to turn into a ghost town, with nothing much being posted in the last few days. But I just posted a longish note on it, and Dime a Dozen was lurking and immediately posted a reply. Here's her post and my reply together:
quote:
[You are ignoring this customer's posts. Hide post again. (Show all ignored posts)]

Dime: Wow! I am laughing my head off. This is what I call blind and everybody else is too if they agree with this spiteful post.

Linda: So you're so bored and desperate you're lurking here? Why don't go back to chewing out the Catholics on the other topic, or is that getting old too?

You wouldn't like the person I'm talking about any more than I do. For one thing, she's an atheist.

I had been griping about the b*tch here on Aantares who has been harassing me for years. I ended my post with the lines
quote:
I hope this thread continues on Amazon, just so I have a safe place to write things like this. I also hope the regulars find a way to get reinstated here. I would like to see Aantares become an alternate venue to Amazon, not] necessarily a replacement.

What struck me as creepy about Dime's post was her use of the word "spiteful" to describe my post complaining about someone she doesn't even know...and wouldn't like if she did!

"Spitefulness" is the same smear she's gotten so many of you wonderful people banned for. It sounds like she may be setting ME up for getting banned too, before I can neutralize any more of her dirty work. Anything positive or constructive is anathema to a troll, especially that troll. She is totally evil.

--Linda

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Report This Post
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
mary s is now j m jones

Still think you should be 'Mary Spud' and I'll just call you 'Tater', hee hee hee.

You can call me whatever you want. I've been called many things by many people. Just don't call me late for strawberry shortcake.

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
"Just don't call me late for strawberry shortcake."

Or fresh strawberry pie:

http://allrecipes.com/video/11...ngContentType=recipe

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Welcome CMS

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
I had been griping about the b*tch here on Aantares who has been harassing me for years.

"Spitefulness" is the same smear she's gotten so many of you wonderful people banned for. It sounds like she may be setting ME up for getting banned too, before I can neutralize any more of her dirty work. Anything positive or constructive is anathema to a troll, especially that troll. She is totally evil.

If you ever need any backup for neutralizing the opponents here in the News topic or there with the Posse, let me know. Some opponents are more frustrating than anything, but others are as you say quite evil.

Seems like some maiden-mother-crone Greek/Hindu golden age-dark age end times cyclical thing with Little David Aantares to Goliath Amazon back to Aantares.

David could throw stones and make craters just like Allan's Rainbow Serpent in the Younger Dryas days of Noah.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you ever need any backup for neutralizing the opponents here in the News topic or there with the Posse, let me know. Some opponents are more frustrating than anything, but others are as you say quite evil.

Thanks, bluelamp. It's on the News forum if you're interested. Right here on this topic. Incredibly, I haven't even read the OP yet! Didn't get a chance. I posted what I thought was a casual reply and right away she was tearing into me...AGAIN!

I should warn you it ain't pretty. But I'm relieved because I not only told her off, but wrote her off. Big difference. I let her know it too.

--Linda

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Seems like some maiden-mother-crone Greek/Hindu golden age-dark age end times cyclical thing with Little David Aantares to Goliath Amazon back to Aantares.

bluelamp,

That's a great association of images...went right past me at first! Very creative and original.

--Linda

Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

Lurking on Amazon, I see the same old errors time after time, from the orthodox believers and non-believers alike. Can't get my head around why the atheists insist the Bible must be read literally, when they do not believe it anyway. Noah's flood story WAS based on real events, as was the Sodom and Gomorrah mythology, designed for exactly the same purpose as the 12,000 years older story of the Rainbow Serpent blowing huge holes in the ground which are now a great tourist attraction as crater lakes.

Atheists probably insist it be read literally because the people they are argu er discussing things with insist on a literal translation. Everyone and everything that happens in the bible is truth.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
This being a pub and all, how much light profanity is allowed?
As in hell, damn and *****.

ETA: I see certain words get automatically changed.

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
My most recent post on the Amazon Judaism forum, which I am also reposting here. I thought they should know, but for personal reasons I don't want to post the Aantares link there. I'll send it to Jezzie asap by email.

Jezzie and everyone,

I just learned from a mutual friend on another forum that yba's wife is in the hospital again. It seems she has taken a turn for the worse since the last time he posted here. I thought everyone should know, so you can pray for them if you so desire. I know I'm praying for both of them, and so are many of yba's Amazon friends from both the Judaism and Christianity forums.

yba posted on both forums, but only on one topic on the Christianity forum. It's one where he knew he was among friends, many of whom have been recently banned.

I assume he had the two ringleaders of the Posse on ignore just as I did, so he never had a chance to get on their bad side. This is something I have pieced together recently, with the help of some longtime Amazon members. I was trying to find a pattern to the epidemic of recent bannings, which for so long seemed to have no rhyme or reason to them. This is what I finally came up with.

Incredibly, ALL the damage to the religion forums has been done by two malicious "born again" trolls who have figured out a way to game the system. I'll explain how that works in another post. That's right, just TWO of them--and they work more or less as a team.

They have both been banned multiple times themselves for valid reasons, but keep coming back with different screen names because they open new Amazon accounts. They are both posting on the Christianity forum right now.

If you posted on the Judaism forum exclusively, you were and are on safe ground since these two harpies never come here. Their home board is the Christianity forum. They always open or contribute to hot, controversial topics like the Protestant-Catholic debates--fertile ground for flame wars on every religion forum I've ever been involved with.

The damage to the Judaism forum is basically collateral damage. They don't target Jews specifically, or atheists or mainstream Christians specifically, or any other group. The common denominator seems to be *whether or not you engaged them.* If you challenged them in any way at all--for their dishonesty and intolerance, their nonexistent knowledge of Hebrew and/or their equally nonexistent scientific knowledge--and especially if you did that repeatedly, you ended up on their hit list.

That's how people as different from each other as Allan and Bryan and Josh and Big Shmooz, along with some others from the Christianity forum known to yba and Lois, all ended up getting banned.

I've been on their list for a while now, but so far they have been unsuccessful in getting me banned. ;-) Maybe it is because I don't post as much so they don't have as many opportunities to "report" me. At the end of the week last week I gave "Dime" plenty of ammo though, and for some reason she couldn't even get my posts removed. Maybe I shouldn't, but I get pleasure goading her along.

"I'll explain how that works in another post. That's right, just TWO of them--and they work more or less as a team."

I'd like to know what you think they do.

Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:

I've been on their list for a while now, but so far they have been unsuccessful in getting me banned. ;-) Maybe it is because I don't post as much so they don't have as many opportunities to "report" me. At the end of the week last week I gave "Dime" plenty of ammo though, and for some reason she couldn't even get my posts removed. Maybe I shouldn't, but I get pleasure goading her along.

"I'll explain how that works in another post. That's right, just TWO of them--and they work more or less as a team."

I'd like to know what you think they do.

I would like to know that too as I did get a post removed and all it said was something to the tune of "that in itself is a lie" when one of them said she never lied. Right. Just use alternative facts.

Or why a quoted reply gets deleted but not the original post.

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
I guess sometimes the administrator just reacts to whoever makes the most noise first?

Posts: 8990 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
quote:
quote:
mary s is now j m jones

You can call me whatever you want. I've been called many things by many people. Just don't call me late for strawberry shortcake.

I'm back on amazon as jean jones

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
"Just don't call me late for strawberry shortcake."

Or fresh strawberry pie:

http://allrecipes.com/video/11...ngContentType=recipe

or fresh strawberry pie. Too true.

j m jones

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm back on amazon as jean jones

Mary Jean,

Thanks for letting us know. I'll do my best not to alert the posse.

--Linda

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I guess sometimes the administrator just reacts to whoever makes the most noise first?

Henry,

There is no administrator and there are no moderators on Amazon. That's a big part of the problem. Yes, it's basically about the number of complaints, not whether or not there is any merit to them. So if somebody has it in for you and sends in a bunch of bogus alerts over nothing, there really isn't much you can do about it.

I had a couple of totally innocuous posts pulled today. The trolls know what I'm doing here at Aantares and have been making snide remarks about it. I think it would be best if I just stay off their radar screen for a while.

--Linda

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Welcome CMS

I'm still trying to figure this out. Thanks for mentioning me. I saw a post by Linda on Amazon about starting a topic, but I lost what thread it was on. I need to get new glasses, so it is hard for me to read through everything.

Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post