Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
quote:
I guess sometimes the administrator just reacts to whoever makes the most noise first?

Henry,

There is no administrator and there are no moderators on Amazon. That's a big part of the problem. Yes, it's basically about the number of complaints, not whether or not there is any merit to them. So if somebody has it in for you and sends in a bunch of bogus alerts over nothing, there really isn't much you can do about it.

I had a couple of totally innocuous posts pulled today. The trolls know what I'm doing here at Aantares and have been making snide remarks about it. I think it would be best if I just stay off their radar screen for a while.

--Linda


I'm saving money on Amazon with the interesting people gone who recommended good books and ideas. I can't even read posts from the ones attacking you. I have most on ignore.
 
Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm back on amazon as jean jones


Glutton for punishment, are you?-)

I find the cultivated ignorance and petty vindictiveness of that little clique a bit more than I am willing to subject myself to...not to mention that discussion is a foreign word to them.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm saving money on Amazon with the interesting people gone who recommended good books and ideas.



I'm trying to read "The Invention of the Bible and Talmuds" by Donald Akenson. But after reading Barker, I'm finding it a bit of a 'dry' read.

And...I haven't ordered a single book since I got banned. Not that I need any, mind you. I have plenty that I haven't gotten around to yet. But that forum was a money maker for them while we were there simply because of the number of books we bought.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by CMS:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Welcome CMS


I'm still trying to figure this out. Thanks for mentioning me. I saw a post by Linda on Amazon about starting a topic, but I lost what thread it was on. I need to get new glasses, so it is hard for me to read through everything.


I plan to just hang out on this and the refugee thread for a little while because I am just too busy right now with my crochet work to spend too much time chatting - which always leads to research - when engaging with The Mob.

Speaking of glasses...me too. But glad you were able to find your way here!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw a post by Linda on Amazon about starting a topic, but I lost what thread it was on.

CMS,

You're not the only one! I forgot which thread it was on too. Did you see what I posted to Allan on the "Amazon Refugee Camp" topic?
quote:
I only had a quick look, but you and CMS seem to have something really interesting going on about the names of God--El Elyon, Shaddai, YHVH, Tsvaoth (my transliterations), etc.

I thought I posted a note to CMS suggesting we start a topic here on that subject or a related one. I'm now reading the topic again and can't find the note I thought I posted. Maybe I started writing it and didn't get it finished or posted.

If you saw my note, then obviously I did get it posted--but not on the thread I thought I posted it on!

This is the topic I'm currently reading. It's quite a long one--goes up to page 62. Are you posting on any others? If so, which ones?

--Linda


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell
 
Posts: 18702 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Report This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
So, where is everyone? Amazon is dead, no one posts here, what's up?
 
Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
So, where is everyone? Amazon is dead, no one posts here, what's up?


Whatsamattah sugah, you missin' the inability of the ignorant rednecks to respond to well laid questions and refutations to their convoluted theologies that even they do not understand?

Who does this remind you of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBOcwgb4OA


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
So, where is everyone? Amazon is dead, no one posts here, what's up?


Whatsamattah sugah, you missin' the inability of the ignorant redneck's to respond to well laid questions and refutations to their convoluted theologies that even they do not understand?

Who does this remind you of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBOcwgb4OA


There is still some of that going on, just not as much, but yes I miss the lively discussions. I just told Cheri to mind her business, ;-) she is such a buttinsky.

For the song, I would say Mary Russell.
 
Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
So, where is everyone? Amazon is dead, no one posts here, what's up?


Whatsamattah sugah, you missin' the inability of the ignorant redneck's to respond to well laid questions and refutations to their convoluted theologies that even they do not understand?

Who does this remind you of:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=YcBOcwgb4OA


There is still some of that going on, just not as much, but yes I miss the lively discussions. I just told Cheri to mind her business, ;-) she is such a buttinsky.

For the song, I would say Mary Russell.


Guess I found all the dissension very tiresome. Felt much like having to hold your nose far above the sewage in order to carry on a civil discussion. The constant judgmental, condemnatory, holier-than-thou, when-my-mouth-moves-God-is-speaking, cyber bullying, and childish reporting to be much more like a spiritual vacuum than a spiritual uplift. Can't say that I miss it.

Oh, and Cheri loves to butt in, always hoping someone will step on her, so that she can play the victim. Fancies herself suffering for the Lord when she does. And loves the attention she gets in the process. Some real strange heads in that bunch.

And yeah, spot on with the song! Really blew my mind when she said her husband was Superintendent of Schools (for the county?). I kept thinking IF that were true, one would think she'd have learned a little something above 5th grade school-yard trash talk.

'Nuff of that stuff already! I am 1 of 9 children, 3 of whom are Evangelical-End-Times-Hyped-Up fanatics. My exposure to that deception was in overload on that forum!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:

I've been on their list for a while now, but so far they have been unsuccessful in getting me banned. ;-) Maybe it is because I don't post as much so they don't have as many opportunities to "report" me. At the end of the week last week I gave "Dime" plenty of ammo though, and for some reason she couldn't even get my posts removed. Maybe I shouldn't, but I get pleasure goading her along.

"I'll explain how that works in another post. That's right, just TWO of them--and they work more or less as a team."

I'd like to know what you think they do.


I would like to know that too as I did get a post removed and all it said was something to the tune of "that in itself is a lie" when one of them said she never lied. Right. Just use alternative facts.

Or why a quoted reply gets deleted but not the original post.

You might want to consider sizing your avatar to Aantares specifications.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.
 
Posts: 19420 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Ictalurus Punctatus:

You might want to consider sizing your avatar to Aantares specifications.


I might but it won't allow me to put one of my own up. I am also used to the place I post one to to edit it to size or all posts reverting to a new avatar.

My definite bad.


I also learned there is like a 5 hour window to edit your posts.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
 
Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I also learned there is like a 5 hour window to edit your posts.

robinhood,

Yes, it's very frustrating when you're used to Amazon's no-time-limit editing policy. You can edit an old post a year after you originally wrote it if you want.

I'm pretty sure the 5-hour editing window was originally put in place to foil an incurable liar and plagiarist (since banned). When someone would quote one of this dude's posts in order to refute him, they would discover he had engaged in yet another of his slimy CYA maneuvers. He had edited the post they were trying to refute, so it no longer said what it did originally.

This all happened on the News forum of course.

So the 5-hour editing window was put in place. It's frustrating to honest posters who just want to fix a typo, or maybe add a few lines to what they said previously.

--Linda


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell
 
Posts: 18702 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
quote:
I also learned there is like a 5 hour window to edit your posts.

robinhood,

Yes, it's very frustrating when you're used to Amazon's no-time-limit editing policy. You can edit an old post a year after you originally wrote it if you want.

I'm pretty sure the 5-hour editing window was originally put in place to foil an incurable liar and plagiarist (since banned). When someone would quote one of this dude's posts in order to refute him, they would discover he had engaged in yet another of his slimy CYA maneuvers. He had edited the post they were trying to refute, so it no longer said what it did originally.

This all happened on the News forum of course.

So the 5-hour editing window was put in place. It's frustrating to honest posters who just want to fix a typo, or maybe add a few lines to what they said previously.

--Linda


Or edit an avatar. I gotta ask why it says you can use an image from your computer and then not allow you too. Or use one from OneDrive.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
 
Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I gotta ask why it says you can use an image from your computer and then not allow you too. Or use one from OneDrive.

Robb,

I can't help you because I've never had an avatar on Aantares, or even tried to have one. I really should, especially now since I revived the R&S forum.

The real reason I don't have an avatar is because I am very cyber-challenged. I get frustrated trying to do things that are easy for everyone else. If I ask for help, I often don't understand the instructions given, which is even more embarrassing.

Still, I'm an old-timer here, so I should try it and see what happens. There might be restrictions on newbies that wouldn't apply to me. I'm sorry to say I don't even know THAT!

--Linda


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell
 
Posts: 18702 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
It just doesn't work like I am used to. They have 2.5 pages of presorted avatars to choose from but there are others I would rather use. It is okay. This site has some good points over Ammy and some bad ones.

At least there are no trolls as of yet.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
 
Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
It just doesn't work like I am used to. They have 2.5 pages of presorted avatars to choose from but there are others I would rather use. It is okay. This site has some good points over Ammy and some bad ones.

At least there are no trolls as of yet.

I could volunteer if you like. ;-)
 
Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
It just doesn't work like I am used to. They have 2.5 pages of presorted avatars to choose from but there are others I would rather use. It is okay. This site has some good points over Ammy and some bad ones.

At least there are no trolls as of yet.

I could volunteer if you like. ;-)


Resume for the job? Sparkle   :sparkle:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”
 
Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
"I could volunteer if you like. ;-)"

Butt!-)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
If you saw my note, then obviously I did get it posted--but not on the thread I thought I posted it on!

This is the topic I'm currently reading. It's quite a long one--goes up to page 62. Are you posting on any others? If so, which ones?

--Linda

--Linda[/QUOTE]

I'm kind of just posting here and there. From the list that shows up on the right side of the Amazon page of top titles with new posts.. A little back and forth with Vicki on one thread. I like her, so I hope she doesn't mind me bugging her. I have stopped paying attention to the topics, since no one seems to stay on topic. Vicki and I were at the point of Hezekiah's boil and if it was the plague could it fit Isaiah 53.
 
Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
I'm saving money on Amazon with the interesting people gone who recommended good books and ideas.



I'm trying to read "The Invention of the Bible and Talmuds" by Donald Akenson. But after reading Barker, I'm finding it a bit of a 'dry' read.

And...I haven't ordered a single book since I got banned. Not that I need any, mind you. I have plenty that I haven't gotten around to yet. But that forum was a money maker for them while we were there simply because of the number of books we bought.



I just messed up a post to Linda. Oh, well.. Hey, that sounds like a good title. Too bad it is dry. I'll have to see if I can read some of it on Google.

You are good friends with Barker, right? Wink   ;) Where is she hiding Mother of the Lord volume 2 ?

Not that I have gotten through every page of Volume one... Just enough to be dangerous. 8)
 
Posts: 7 | Location: Texas | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 73 

Locked Topic Locked

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex

© 2003-2020 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.