Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Be careful with flu like symptoms there are several types going around and one isn’t exactly a flu.

Not to worry Dahlin', this is just my IBS acting up.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 3818 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Those ancient minds were great at things like hospitality/theoxeny driven cometary catechlysms. It's more like we modern people have lost the ability to understand history. Hindu/Brahman, Judaism/Ein Sof, Zoroastrianism/Zurvan, Stoicism/Divine Fire, Pluralistic Idealism/Central Monad, Modern Channeling/7th Density, and Physics/Planck scale are all the same thing. Now if only we could understand Herodotus for history better.

Been trying to get back to you for some time.

Just how do you understand the impact of comets and meteors? Why do they have any influence on us, and what is this influence?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1545 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh in this case for sure I love waxing Doctor Who as much as Allan. Still can't figure out exactly what Abraham was doing during that critical Amarna period but there are very interesting clues floating around. If only the Doctor could channel me just a couple more little clues.

The only way to understand the Bible's "history" is to accept that the authors understood history in a totally different way from us.

For example, they simply did not have the detailed written records we rely on. As well, time was cyclical for them, not linear as it is for us. That makes an enormous difference in understanding.

It is only natural that, over time, certain events will be similar to others in the past, and they accepted this as their "reality"; the same events will recur. IMO it is extremely difficult for us to get our heads around in a way that allows us comprehend what a difference there is between their way of thinking and ours.

In addition, *we take a full-world view while their world consisted solely of the region they lived in (though I also think some such as traders did indeed travel far more widely than we credit them).

Some of the discrepancies are obvious. All we need do is look at the reference in the Bible to Ur of the Chaldees. This was written when Ur was controlled by the Chaldeans, however the events referred to actually took place long before the Chaldeans got there.

We make much of that time difference, however it was irrelevant to them.

Some like to see me as an arrogant SOB. However, that is not quite true. Instead, for a very long time I failed to understand the impact of my eclectic reading. In discussions, I took it for granted that everyone else had the same broad reading. Took a long time before I realised this is not the case. Instead, I am in sharp contrast to those who study a subject in depth. They have to go into minute detail, while I quickly get the gist and move on. All too often I pick up relevant bits of information from entirely separate fields which do have an important impact on the field we are discussing. I see examples of this in the wide variety of documentaries I watch each week. Far too much information around for anyone to be fully aware of what has been established. No matter how educated they are in their own field, many experts are not aware of what has been established elsewhere.

I need to find a way of inviting others to accept this. I get my SOB reputation in large part because, as a proof-reader, I automatically correct these errors I spot and do it in a way which antagonises my listener/reader.

I'll get there.

Must now go shopping or I'll have nothing to eat tonight. With luck, will manage to get back in time to respond to earlier posts this evening so they will be there when you all return.

*One of the problems I have here is the stereotypical USA isolationist POV which still applies (cf Donald Trump). I communicated much more easily with Gershom simply because of his European experience.

Posts: 1545 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well if you go back over 12000 years ago it wouldn't surprise me if Atlantis/Stonehenge/pyramid people had better "sonic screwdriver-like" technology than we do!

I deliberately avoid using the letter-grouping Atlantis as, for me, the mythology does not work.

Have seen plenty of such reports, however the only concept I have been able to accept is Oppenheimer's hypothesis of a relatively advanced civilisation which was wiped out when the seas rose at the end of the Ice Age. Have never seen anything which indicates a space-age civilisation in the past, given that we date **** sapiens as far back as 300,000 years.

I associate those glazed areas in the likes of the Gobi to the Greek legend of Phaethon losing control of the immortal steeds and the sun-chariot veering out of control setting the earth ablaze. The plains of Africa were scorched to desert.
http://www.theoi.com/Titan/Phaethon.html

Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Oh in this case for sure I love waxing Doctor Who as much as Allan. Still can't figure out exactly what Abraham was doing during that critical Amarna period but there are very interesting clues floating around. If only the Doctor could channel me just a couple more little clues.

The only way to understand the Bible's "history" is to accept that the authors understood history in a totally different way from us.

For example, they simply did not have the detailed written records we rely on. As well, time was cyclical for them, not linear as it is for us. That makes an enormous difference in understanding.

It is only natural that, over time, certain events will be similar to others in the past, and they accepted this as their "reality"; the same events will recur. IMO it is extremely difficult for us to get our heads around in a way that allows us comprehend what a difference there is between their way of thinking and ours.

In addition, *we take a full-world view while their world consisted solely of the region they lived in (though I also think some such as traders did indeed travel far more widely than we credit them).

Some of the discrepancies are obvious. All we need do is look at the reference in the Bible to Ur of the Chaldees. This was written when Ur was controlled by the Chaldeans, however the events referred to actually took place long before the Chaldeans got there.

Some like to see me as an arrogant SOB. However, that is not quite true. Instead, for a very long time I failed to understand the impact of my eclectic reading. In discussions, I took it for granted that everyone else had the same broad reading. Took a long time before I realised this is not the case. Instead, I am in sharp contrast to those who study a subject in depth. They have to go into minute detail, while I quickly get the gist and move on. All too often I pick up relevant bits of information from entirely separate fields which do have an important impact on the field we are discussing. I see examples of this in the wide variety of documentaries I watch each week. Far too much information around for anyone to be fully aware of what has been established. No matter how educated they are in their own field, many experts are not aware of what has been established elsewhere.

I need to find a way of inviting others to accept this. I get my SOB reputation in large part because, as a proof-reader, I automatically correct these errors I spot and do it in a way which antagonises my listener/reader.

I'll get there.

Must now go shopping or I'll have nothing to eat tonight. With luck, will manage to get back in time to respond to earlier posts this evening so they will be there when you all return.

*One of the problems I have here is the stereotypical USA isolationist POV which still applies (cf Donald Trump). I communicated much more easily with Gershom simply because of his European experience.

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluelamp:

Mary! Good to see ya!

Now tell us, how are you doing?

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Been trying to get back to you for some time.

Just how do you understand the impact of comets and meteors? Why do they have any influence on us, and what is this influence?

It's just synchronicity. It's the same reason why the I-Ching worked for Jung. Thomas Nagel is an atheist but he thinks there's a teleological thing going on in relation to the evolution of consciousness. He's right, this is not the reason I believe in God; this is just a built in Pauli-Jung synchronicity; no micro-managing God required.

In fact it's not really based on human behavior; it's just that human behavior can get in the way of where we need to evolve to next in the given amount of time. It's no accident that human consciousness evolution and the lifetime of the sun both have billions of years for the order of magnitude (not millions or trillions).

If comets have to wipe out dinosaurs to subtlety make the planet better for mammals then that is built in via a future effects past causality (conformal group physics). If comets have to wipe out dictatorships so we get on with our evolution towards variably physical beings (4th density angels not to be confused with fully etherial 6th density angels) then that is built in. In general ice age cycles bring more comets closer but specific causality relationships (like our dictators' behaviors or too many dinosaurs) determine if some actually hit. It's all very subtle.

Your revolution ideas are much more likely to work if the playing field gets leveled (literally) first. Remember what V in V for Vendetta said about what usually happens when people without guns go against those with guns (not pretty; it's what they want). The cosmos have bigger guns and they know how to use them.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Well if you go back over 12000 years ago it wouldn't surprise me if Atlantis/Stonehenge/pyramid people had better "sonic screwdriver-like" technology than we do!

I deliberately avoid using the letter-grouping Atlantis as, for me, the mythology does not work.

Have seen plenty of such reports, however the only concept I have been able to accept is Oppenheimer's hypothesis of a relatively advanced civilisation which was wiped out when the seas rose at the end of the Ice Age. Have never seen anything which indicates a space-age civilisation in the past, given that we date **** sapiens as far back as 300,000 years.

I associate those glazed areas in the likes of the Gobi to the Greek legend of Phaethon losing control of the immortal steeds and the sun-chariot veering out of control setting the earth ablaze. The plains of Africa were scorched to desert.
http://www.theoi.com/Titan/Phaethon.html

Yeah Atlantis wasn't crudely technological like we are. They basically used just sound and consciousness in an "anti-gravity" way very much like Edward Leedskalnin and Coral Castle (related to conformal group physics). Also Atlantis was more like NATO aka an agreement between different groups (basically Aryans, Native Americans, and an aborigine group related to how people in India look today).

Right after the Younger Dryas event, they kind of broke up into circle people (Stonehenge-like) and Pyramid people (Egypt and South America). They kind of quickly lost their sound technology post cataclysm; maybe scattered groups remembered but then they faded away and so did the technology. Stonehenge and pyramid building is much much easier with "sonic screwdriver"-like technology.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'll get there.

Try reading Herodotus' history; it isn't any easier than the Bible but it is probably the history most related to the Old Testament. There are modern scholars (Courtney, Carotta) who relate the gospels to Julius Caesar. I think they are correct but obviously reading the gospels doesn't even come close to making you think about Julius Caesar. You have to be a really good historian to do this work.

The main message of the Bible is theoxeny/hospitality and it's relationship to cataclysms. That's still there; relating it to Herodotus is more a curiosity thing for me than something I spiritually need to do. It's kind of an overkill but I'm simply curious. If you can relate the Gospels to Julius Caesar, who knows what a good historian might do for the Old Testament too. The U.S. is a total disaster and requires a comet fragment; my channeling group is in France and I tend to not have any U.S. bias at all.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You do know that that words origin is in the 1970s right? How is that going back to our outer of the language?

I usually have little problem with typos, but that one has me beat.

Anyway, this neologism was created to get around the obvious problem -- most people reading hallucinogen and psychedelic automatically "see" party drugs.

Allegro failed to take that into account, and this allowed his opponents to minimise what he said or even dismiss it completely.

Later authors following up on The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross realised his mistake and created entheogen -- "generating the divine within".

No chance of avoiding exactly what these authors mean.

It is standard "word play". Very often, this can be a real problem for the reader. They are so used to one definition of a word or phrase that their brain has difficulty accepting any alternative definition.

As a reporter and check-sub editor I see that all the time.

On the other hand, of course, there are those who cynically take advantage of the reader's confusion to destroy the original author's intent.

Everyone knows this, takes it for granted.

However, in my far from humble opinion, it takes years of proof-reading and reporting before the mind automatically sees this disparity in word use.

Causes me heaps of trouble.

I had to read it several times befor I found it, I think that was roots of our language, but who,knows!

Posts: 4589 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Be careful with flu like symptoms there are several types going around and one isn’t exactly a flu.

Whew, I think

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
quote:
quote:

I'll get there.

I was just going to ask if anyone had seen you and then here you are!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's just synchronicity. It's the same reason why the I-Ching worked for Jung. Thomas Nagel is an atheist but he thinks there's a teleological thing going on in relation to the evolution of consciousness. He's right, this is not the reason I believe in God; this is just a built in Pauli-Jung synchronicity; no micro-managing God required.

Sounds to me like a numbers game.

Given the universal laws we have so far discovered, given the fact there are some 200 billion galaxies, each with something like one billion stars and uncountable planets, it would seem anything which can happen under those laws will happen.

quote:
In fact it's not really based on human behavior; it's just that human behavior can get in the way of where we need to evolve to next in the given amount of time. It's no accident that human consciousness evolution and the lifetime of the sun both have billions of years for the order of magnitude (not millions or trillions).

Need to evolve?

Why?

quote:
If comets have to wipe out dinosaurs to subtlety make the planet better for mammals then that is built in via a future effects past causality (conformal group physics). If comets have to wipe out dictatorships so we get on with our evolution towards variably physical beings (4th density angels not to be confused with fully etherial 6th density angels) then that is built in.

Comets have to?

Why?

quote:
In general ice age cycles bring more comets closer but specific causality relationships (like our dictators' behaviors or too many dinosaurs) determine if some actually hit. It's all very subtle.

What causes the cause and why is it caused?

quote:
Your revolution ideas are much more likely to work if the playing field gets leveled (literally) first.

Who levels the playing field and why does it do so?

Why go through all this rigmarole which, as we know, has produced a remarkably inadequate human being compared with the attributes of so many other animals? Why not just create a perfect being?

Lots of whys there, aren't there.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I assume you have considered that it is the Christ that god sends to everyone? The one that tells you who you are or gives you insight into who you are? Jesus may be an example of what a Christ is, or a myth about how one comes to see the Christ and become one with it.

We group letter sounds into "words" so we can discuss matters.

What lies behind the letter-sounds God and Christ?

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'll have to get back to you on the rest of this stuff 'cause I'm not feeling very well since I was up sick all night.

You seems to be doing it tough. Please make sure you keep us all up to date.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Whew, I think

Yeah, I'm trying real hard to stay away from the flu.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was just going to ask if anyone had seen you and then here you are!

Shot her an email and she says she is doing "about the same". She is having trouble remembering how to post here, and I don't expect that she will be here often enough to remember.

Oh, and she is going to try to reach Steve/yba. She says he just had cataract surgery and is anxious to see how things went.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'll have to get back to you on the rest of this stuff 'cause I'm not feeling very well since I was up sick all night.

You seems to be doing it tough. Please make sure you keep us all up to date.

Just foggy-headed and tired from sleep deprivation and dehydration.

Sleeping in 2-3 hour naps and working and reworking my crochet puppy 'cause I don't seem to be able to concentrate on what I'm doing.

This too shall pass. Does seem to be a little better today, but it will take a couple of days to get back on my normal schedule.

And it started raining a couple of hours ago, so maybe I'll be able to sleep a little better. We'll see.

Good night and God bless.

Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'll get there.

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Sounds to me like a numbers game.

Given the universal laws we have so far discovered, given the fact there are some 200 billion galaxies, each with something like one billion stars and uncountable planets, it would seem anything which can happen under those laws will happen.

For me conformal group physics, Jung-Pauli synchronicity, Nagel's teleological consciousness, ancient theoxeny/hospitality/portent/divination ideas related to cataclysms, the order of magnitude for what actually did happen (aka the numbers game gave us billions not millions or trillions for both the age of a sun and the development of consciousness), and modern channeling all combine to make an interesting case. For me it often comes down to if the conformal group can handle it, I keep it as a favorite idea for research.

quote:

Need to evolve?

Why?

Again it's that conformal group. The probabilities associated with conscious Worldlines in the future (ready for a cyclical return to the Planck scale) subtly attract in a conformal group future effects past Thomas Nagel teleological way the evolving that is is necessary to get there aka we in our current form are quite far from Planck scale-like.

quote:
If comets have to wipe out dinosaurs to subtlety make the planet better for mammals then that is built in via a future effects past causality (conformal group physics). If comets have to wipe out dictatorships so we get on with our evolution towards variably physical beings (4th density angels not to be confused with fully etherial 6th density angels) then that is built in.

quote:
Comets have to?

Why?

Again the conformal group math. Comets are dumb and nobody smart is steering them. They just follow the probabilities which happen to be calculated by summing over the complete universe state including the future aka in spite of being dumb they probabilisticly steer like they know the future.

quote:
What causes the cause and why is it caused?

What/Who created the script Doctor Who read by tape to Sally Sparrow in "Blink"? Some things are just eternally built into the fabric of a universe state to be summed over by path integrals subtly giving you your probabilities in the present.

quote:
Who levels the playing field and why does it do so?

Again the universe state levels the playing field via probabilities in the present calculated by summing over a complete universe state including the future.

quote:
Why go through all this rigmarole which, as we know, has produced a remarkably inadequate human being compared with the attributes of so many other animals? Why not just create a perfect being?

Lots of whys there, aren't there.

All the whys answered by the same two words: Conformal group. I basically just go where the math takes me. This quite imperfect human was created via probabilties. Nobody smart fine tuned anything; it's just the math of probabilities. The smart guy Brahman at the Planck scale via a math symmetry breaking just created all possible possibities for our low energy existence which all have probabilties. Brahman has nothing to do with where the probabilities take any particular version of us. In fact other versions of us are doing all the other possibilities. No possibility is left behind! Math, it's all math, even for Brahman. We need to take the mathematical physics of Doctor Who quite literally. Doctor Who itself is a very useful Pauli-Jung sychronicity.