Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
So the original psychopomp was a "fun guy" Smile   :)

That explains why those authors had to create the neologism entheogen.

We're way ahead of you; both the Hindus and Zarathustra knew the truth, Soma (Haoma) created all our deities.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1597 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
As long as those fun guys don't take up too much room...

Posts: 9013 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
One more thing: cyclical time not linear. Have you read the Bible (and I know you have). It starts "In the beginning" and goes on from their about God's dealings with his people until about 400 BC the last prophet wrote and the closed the canon. But the New Testament picks up with a new prophet John the Baptist and announces the coming of the Messiah and after his death and resurrection it's about the new people of God, both Jews and Gentiles and finally we have Revelation telling us what will happen from that time (1st Century) until the consummation with the final conflict just before Jesus returns from heaven and we have the 1000 years of peace and safety and then he turns the kingdom over the the Father who creates the new heavens and the new earth.

Very linear wouldn't you say? or not?

The Greeks and Hindus do have a golden age cyclical thing related to ice age cycles and I would not be surprised if it relates to Biblical cataclysms. Noah's flood for sure relates and I suspect Exodus is associated with a solar minimum and I think Adam and Eve were three ice age cycles ago (a grand cycle).

I also would not be surprised if major events like the end times have something like a precursor trial run or less Biblical if something like Operation Northwoods planning was a precursor for something like 9-11. In other words there is kind of a cycle for what evil empires do as they rise and fall.

I by the way was John Gonsowski on Amazon (still am John Gonsowski actually!) Smile   :) You were the very first person I talked to there. I had arrived there via a suggestion from Linda. Linda and I had been on the Prodigy forums when they closed. This forum here was originally created by/for the Prodigy forum members who needed a new forum home.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
As long as those fun guys don't take up too much room...

Then you probably want to stay away from Buddhist fungis.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
So the original psychopomp was a "fun guy" Smile   :)

That explains why those authors had to create the neologism entheogen.

We're way ahead of you; both the Hindus and Zarathustra knew the truth, Soma (Haoma) created all our deities.

Ah but the wise women of the Dream Time knew they found not created their ancestors in the timeless realm. Christ is an ancestor who does go through our prayers in the timeless Dream Time 5th heaven/density realm. That might mean Paul only took a trip around the 3rd Heaven earth plane though he certainly knew about getting our bodies ready for the timeless realm. Polycarp also messed up what Paul thought of Christ earth history-wise. Us humans mess things up all the time.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Given the period, it fits well with Oppenheimer's Indonesia proposal, which is supported by others.

http://atlantipedia.ie/samples...stephen-oppenheimer/

There's no problem with the Indonesia Sunda Shelf being a sunk island part of Atlantis but if you trace things like language and the pyramid/monolith technology, the picture can get bigger. One of the people checking out the modern channeling is a University of Arizona anthropologist (with an expertise in linguistics)...

That University of Arizona anthropologist did do a short review of Oppenheimer's book; he mostly likes him especially for getting rid of the out of Taiwan idea but he thinks Oppenheimer overreaches a bit in having everything coming out of the Sundaland:

quote:
Eden in the East: The Drowned Continent of Southeast Asia

by Stephen Oppenheimer

From Amazon:

quote:

From Kirkus Reviews

In an exhaustively researched and creatively argued reassessment of mankind's origins, British physician Oppenheimer, an expert in tropical pediatrics, contends that the now-submerged area of Southeast Asia was the cradle of ancient civilization. From time to time, scholars from various disciplines have argued for the existence of a vastly old "founder civilization." Among the most famous was Charles Hapgood, who based his theory of a lost seafaring civilization on his analysis of the famous 16th-century "Piri Re'is" maps of the Antarctic land mass. In this tradition, Oppenheimer blends evidence from geology, genetics, linguistics, archaeology, and anthropology to argue persuasively that such a civilization existed on a submerged land mass in Southeast Asia, which geologists call the Sunda shelf. Pointing to geological evidence for the submersion of the shelf by abrupt rises in the sea level about 8,000 years ago, Oppenheimer contends that the coastal cultures of Southeast Asia were drowned by a great flood, reflected in flood mythologies scattered from the ancient Middle East (such as the biblical story of Noah) to Australia and the Americas. According to the author, tantalizing archaeological evidence exists of settlements under a "silt curtain"* left by the sea floods in drowned coastal regions from Southeast Asia to the Middle East, while linguistic markers indicate that languages spread from Southeast Asia to Australia and the Pacific. The shared flood story is one striking example of similar Eurasian myths according to the author; the ancient Middle East and Asia share other myth typologies, conspicuously including creation and Cain and Abel myths, which point to common origins in a progenitor culture. Absorbing, meticulously researched, limpidly written, and authoritative: should be regarded as a groundbreaking study of the remote past of Southeast Asia, and of civilization itself.

Product Description

This book completely changes the established and conventional view of prehistory by relocating the Lost Eden—the world's first civilization—to Southeast Asia. At the end of the Ice Age, Southeast Asia formed a continent twice the size of India, which included Indochina, Malaysia, Indonesia, and Borneo. In Eden in the East, Stephen Oppenheimer puts forward the astonishing argument that here in southeast Asia—rather than in Mesopotamia where it is usually placed—was the lost civilization that fertilized the Great cultures of the Middle East 6,000 years ago. He produces evidence from ethnography, archaeology, oceanography, creation stories, myths, linguistics, and DNA analysis to argue that this founding civilization was destroyed by a catastrophic flood, caused by a rapid rise in the sea level at the end of the last ice age.

This is the same author that was mentioned in the Jan 30, 2010 session -- see also:

http://www.cassiopaea.org/foru....msg132485#msg132485

The book is very good, and is an excellent example of a mainstream source challenging the existing paradigm. While I think that Oppenheimer overreaches a bit in placing the driving force of ancient civilization solely with the peoples of Southeast Asia, he makes a valuable contribution in drawing various lines of evidence together to show that -- far from the Austronesian homeland being Taiwan and involving an improbably difficult and rapid expansion into the Pacific -- the Austronesian homeland was the Dryas Ice Age-era Sunda shelf, which formed a single continent until successive floods (at approximately 14,000, 11,000, and 8,000 years BP) submerged it, leaving the Indonesian archipelago that we see today. A corollary of this is that, instead of Southeast Asian peoples arriving from the west and north and colonizing Southeast Asia a la the Out-of-Africa hypothesis, that they instead were already located in Sundaland in situ during the last Ice Age, and moved instead from Sundaland into Eurasia as their homeland was progressively flooded.

The most interesting part of the book to me was the second half, where Oppenheimer collects a rich array of creation myths and subjects them to typological analysis. I was surprised by how many basic, common themes can be found worldwide which can serve as the basis for reconstruction of a few common motifs. There tends to be quite a bit of commonality between the Eurasian motifs, with less shared by Africa and the Americas, and Oppenheimer argues this is the result of the Southeast Asian maritime expansion across the southern periphery of Eurasian all the way to Mesopotamia. Although this pattern may be amenable to other explanations than Oppenheimer himself presents, the importance of this data lays in the fact that the current mainstream model of global colonization by modern humans can't easily be reconciled with it, so alternative models need to be explored.

*Regarding the "silt curtain", see The Cycle of Cosmic Catastrophes by Richard Firestone, Allen West, Simon Warwick-Smith.

The previous mention of Oppenheimer was actually for his ideas on Britain. Oppenheimer has Britain filled with ice age refugees from Spain. This actually fits with the idea of a bigger Atlantis confederation than just Sundaland. Plato himself as Wikipedia mentions had Atlantis as a confederation of Kings who also ruled over other islands and parts of the Continent.

Plato also mentions Atlantis taking over North Africa and Plato cites Egypt as the source for his information. The idea that the Berber language in North Africa related to Akkad and the Canary Islands (where the Guanches were tall white guys) implies Atlantis might have been a big empire stretching quite far from Sundaland and including races besides the Native Americans/Polynesians/Indonesians. I suspect the kings were in various places before divvying up Sundaland and I think they continued to expand after Sundaland. Plato hints quite well for this.

Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 02-06-2018 12:05 AM Hide Post

quote:
Hello to all,
I haven’t been on for a while (if ever). Some of you I remember but others are new to me so I’ll Introduce myself.
I’m Jean Jones, a Christian who believes the Bible is the one and only book that is a revelation from God in heaven written by holy men inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is my one prejudice I think. If you see more please tell me for I’m far from perfect.
I believe the Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. One of the reasons I believe is because In Luke 11:47-51 When Jesus was talking to the Pharisees he said, :”For this reason also the wisdom of God said, 'I will send to them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and some they will persecute, so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.'
Now Zechariah was a human being who lived on earth and if Abel was only a myth this makes no sense. Why would Jesus hold them responsible for the death of a myth, no Abel also was a human being who lived on earth.
Allan: Jesus 1, Paul 0, although I could give reason from Paul and Jude as well.
I’m not Christian right but am very liberal in my politics.
I don’t pretend to be right and all else is wrong. I’ve been proved wrong too may times. If some believe differently that I do, I say let’s discuss it. They may have insight that I don’t. I’ve found that out by talking with some on Amazon and reading books of liberal Christians and speaking with a few atheists as well.
I’m 86 and they took my car away from me so I’m home bound most of the time. Bummer. I was born in Battle Creek, Michigan, but now I’m living in Redding, California but may be moving to Monroe, Washington later this year. Time will tell.

jean jones

Hey JJ!

Really good to see you back.

Now about that car... I've finally given mine up. Haven't driven it since about the middle of December because when my back is acting up I have difficulty braking fast and hard enough to stop the car.

Been using a taxi service. Nice. Real nice. I don't have to bother with inspections, tax, tag, insurance, maintenance, gasoline, tires, car wash... Oh, the freedom of it all!

Amazon and Instacart deliver the groceries, cat food, and household supplies. I use a taxi for doctor appointments and take-out. I order my meds online. It just couldn't get more convenient than that could it?

I'm liking it! They all take CC so I write fewer checks throughout the month. Try it, you might like it too!

Now, about that literal stuff. You and I are just gonna have to agree to disagree 'about it 'cause I ain't fightin' that battle with ya anymore. I'm done Bang Head Bang Head   :banghead:

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
posted 02-06-2018 12:05 AM Hide Post

quote:
Hello to all,
I haven’t been on for a while (if ever). Some of you I remember but others are new to me so I’ll Introduce myself.
I’m Jean Jones, a Christian who believes the Bible is the one and only book that is a revelation from God in heaven written by holy men inspired by the Holy Spirit. It is my one prejudice I think. If you see more please tell me for I’m far from perfect.
I believe the Bible from Genesis 1:1 to Revelation 22:21. One of the reasons I believe is because In Luke 11:47-51 When Jesus was talking to the Pharisees he said, :”For this reason also the wisdom of God said, 'I will send to them prophets and apostles, and some of them they will kill and some they will persecute, so that the blood of all the prophets, shed since the foundation of the world, may be charged against this generation, From the blood of Abel to the blood of Zechariah, who was killed between the altar and the house of God; yes, I tell you, it shall be charged against this generation.'
Now Zechariah was a human being who lived on earth and if Abel was only a myth this makes no sense. Why would Jesus hold them responsible for the death of a myth, no Abel also was a human being who lived on earth.
Allan: Jesus 1, Paul 0, although I could give reason from Paul and Jude as well.
I don’t pretend to be right and all else is wrong. I’ve been proved wrong too may times. If some believe differently that I do, I say let’s discuss it. They may have insight that I don’t. I’ve found that out by talking with some on Amazon and reading books of liberal Christians and speaking with a few atheists as well.
I’m 86 and they took my car away from me so I’m home bound most of the time. Bummer. I was born in Battle Creek, Michigan, but now I’m living in Redding, California but may be moving to Monroe, Washington later this year. Time will tell.

jean jones

Hey JJ!

Now about that car... I've finally given mine up. Haven't driven it since about the middle of December because when my back is acting up I have difficulty braking fast and hard enough to stop the car.

Been using a taxi service. Nice. Real nice. I don't have to bother with inspections, tax, tag, insurance, maintenance, gasoline, tires, car wash... Oh, the freedom of it all!

Amazon and Instacart deliver the groceries, cat food, and household supplies. I use a taxi for doctor appointments and take-out. I order my meds online. It just couldn't get more convenient than that could it?

I'm liking it! They all take CC so I write fewer checks throughout the month. Try it, you might like it too!

Now, about that literal stuff. You and I are just gonna have to agree to disagree 'about it 'cause I ain't fightin' that battle with ya anymore. I'm done Bang Head Bang Head   :banghead:

JR.
Please stop banging your head on that post you are giving me a headache..

I don't want to argue with you. I just want people to know where my head is.

I'm content without driving. The last time I drove I was having trouble getting to the brake in time. I was unsure of myself. That had not happened before. I new it was time to hang it up. Now I need to sell my car and get rid of my insurance.

My daughter in Redding and her family are moving to Washington sometime this summer/fall and my daughter who already lives in Washington said that she was going to come down and hire a truck and take me back with her until we can find a place for mom. Somehow the time seems right.

Good bye for now? I still can't figure out hou this works.

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR.
Please stop banging your head on that post you are giving me a headache..

I don't want to argue with you. I just want people to know where my head is.

I'm content without driving. The last time I drove I was having trouble getting to the brake in time. I was unsure of myself. That had not happened before. I new it was time to hang it up. Now I need to sell my car and get rid of my insurance.

My daughter in Redding and her family are moving to Washington sometime this summer/fall and my daughter who already lives in Washington said that she was going to come down and hire a truck and take me back with her until we can find a place for mom. Somehow the time seems right.

Good bye for now? I still can't figure out hou this works.

Yeah, I've cancelled my insurance but am still looking into who I should donate the car to.

It's good that you still have someone in Redding that can help you out if needed. And really nice that you will have 2 someones in Washington!

The sister who lives relatively close to me just retired December 31st, but it isn't very convenient for her to help me since she would have to drive through 30 miles of nasty Atlanta traffic just to get here...and back. She is also selling her house in June and moving even farther away.

However, IF she buys a home that is still close enough to one of my Kaiser Permanente sites, I may just try to move somewhere close to her. It could be beneficial for both of us since I'm a little better off financially while she is much better off physically.

Hey, it looks like you have almost figured out how this works! If you would just go down past ALL of the previous post, past the last /QUOTE that is in brackets (make sure it has the slash in front of it), then I think you've got it!

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4246 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Orthodox thinkers have no option but to say that.

Off to college to see when they want me to start.

See y'all.

So how did it go?

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
quote:
Have seen plenty of such reports, however the only concept I have been able to accept is Oppenheimer's hypothesis of a relatively advanced civilisation which was wiped out when the seas rose at the end of the Ice Age. Have never seen anything which indicates a space-age civilisation in the past, given that we date **** sapiens as far back as 300,000 years.

Right after the Younger Dryas event, they kind of broke up into circle people (Stonehenge-like) and Pyramid people (Egypt and South America). They kind of quickly lost their sound technology post cataclysm; maybe scattered groups remembered but then they faded away and so did the technology. Stonehenge and pyramid building is much much easier with "sonic screwdriver"-like technology.

I have some stories from that period, but I also understand it's much further back in time too.

Kind of semantics maybe but the "Lemurian" instead of "Atlantis" of my previous note would be going back 300,000 years.

I get roughly 65million Smile   :)

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
The only way to understand the Bible's "history" is to accept that the authors understood history in a totally different way from us.

For example, they simply did not have the detailed written records we rely on. As well, time was cyclical for them, not linear as it is for us. That makes an enormous difference in understanding.

It is only natural that, over time, certain events will be similar to others in the past, and they accepted this as their "reality"; the same events will recur. IMO it is extremely difficult for us to get our heads around in a way that allows us comprehend what a difference there is between their way of thinking and ours.

In addition, *we take a full-world view while their world consisted solely of the region they lived in (though I also think some such as traders did indeed travel far more widely than we credit them).

Some of the discrepancies are obvious. All we need do is look at the reference in the Bible to Ur of the Chaldees. This was written when Ur was controlled by the Chaldeans, however the events referred to actually took place long before the Chaldeans got there.

I still can;t figure out how to respond to a post and I did want to respond to this post.

Bible history is just like other history except we know what part God played in what was happening.

I disagree that the Hebrews didn't have written records. Moses wrote in the 1400 BC the whole Pentateuch and they have been writing ever since, not only what is in the Bible but the books mentioned in the Bible that we don't have plus all their writings during the time between the testaments, the DSS, the Agrapha, the Pseuepigrapha (sp).

One more thing: cyclical time not linear. Have you read the Bible (and I know you have). It starts "In the beginning" and goes on from their about God's dealings with his people until about 400 BC the last prophet wrote and the closed the canon. But the New Testament picks up with a new prophet John the Baptist and announces the coming of the Messiah and after his death and resurrection it's about the new people of God, both Jews and Gentiles and finally we have Revelation telling us what will happen from that time (1st Century) until the consummation with the final conflict just before Jesus returns from heaven and we have the 1000 years of peace and safety and then he turns the kingdom over the the Father who creates the new heavens and the new earth.

Very linear wouldn't you say? or not?

Personally I think I've always seen history as cyclical. I could make an exception for technology I admit, or could have, but not even that anymore as that appears to be cyclical too.

bryan j borich

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In summer school.

Smile-Big   :D

Posts: 9013 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

In summer school.

Smile-Big   :D

And there you have it in a nutshell!

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Interesting set of songs from early in the day,

Never to Far - Mike Oldfield featuring Tarja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?...em-subs_digest-vrecs

We're never too far
We're never too far
We're never too far
We're never too far

We're islands, but never too far

A Thousand years - Sting

WITHIN TEMPTATION - Jillian (I'd Give My Heart)

Within Temptation - Paradise (What About Us?) ft. Tarja
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dy6MpsDPKts

Within Temptation - Somewhere
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IR_mBh5mqok

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Somewhere lyrics
Lost in the darkness, hoping for a sign
Instead there is only silence
Can't you hear my screams?
Never stop hoping
Need to know where you are
But one thing is for sure
You're always in my heart

I'll find you somewhere
I'll keep on trying until my dying day
I just need to know whatever has happened
The truth will free my soul

Lost in the darkness, try to find your way home
I want to embrace you and never let you go
Almost hope you're in heaven
so no one can hurt your soul
Living in agony cause I just do not know
Where you are

I'll find you somewhere

Wherever you are, I won't stop searching
Whatever it takes, I need to know

I'll find you somewhere

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Paradise (what about us)

There's no sense, the fire burns
When wisdom fails, it changes all
The wheel embodies all that keeps on turning

Blood red skies, I feel so cold
No innocence, we play our roll
The wheel embodies all
Where are we going?

All in all
You expect the wise to be wiser
Fallen from grace and
All and all I guess we should have known better
'Cause

What about us
Isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
And it's all that we're fighting for
Though it's not paradise

You and us, or I and them
There comes a time to take a stand
The wheel is watching all it keeps on burning

The venom works, it's like a curse
A trojan horse, when will we learn?
The wheel embodies all that keeps returning

All in all
You expect the wise to be wiser
Fallen from grace and
All and all I guess we should have known better
'Cause

What about us
Isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
Though it's not paradise

What about us
Isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want

What about us
Isn't it enough
No we're not in paradise
This is who we are
This is what we've got
No it's not our paradise
But it's all we want
But it's not paradise

What about us
What about us
What about us
Isn't it enough

What about us
What about us
What about us
Isn't it enough

What about us
What about us
What about us
Isn't it enough

What about us
What about us
What about us
Isn't it enough

bryan j borich

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

For me conformal group physics, Jung-Pauli synchronicity, Nagel's teleological consciousness, ancient theoxeny/hospitality/portent/divination ideas related to cataclysms, the order of magnitude for what actually did happen (aka the numbers game gave us billions not millions or trillions for both the age of a sun and the development of consciousness), and modern channeling all combine to make an interesting case. For me it often comes down to if the conformal group can handle it, I keep it as a favorite idea for research.

I've had three encounters with channellers. Not one produced anything at all, though one was frustrated enough to say she would have been better off training me as I had greater potential. No doubt in my mind they were in one way genuine, however they were either innately skilled or highly trained in reading body language; not much help when up against a good poker player.

On the other hand, had another, different, experience when I was told something the woman could not possibly have known about, and it may well have saved my life. Never since have I heard from my guardian angel.

quote:
What/Who created the script Doctor Who read by tape to Sally Sparrow in "Blink"? Some things are just eternally built into the fabric of a universe state to be summed over by path integrals subtly giving you your probabilities in the present.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blink_(Doctor_Who)
"Blink" is the tenth episode of the third series of the British science fiction television series Doctor Who. It was first broadcast on 9 June 2007 on the British Broadcasting Corporation (BBC). The episode was directed by Hettie MacDonald and is the only episode in the 2007 series written by Steven Moffat. The episode is based on a previous short story written by Moffat for the 2006 Doctor Who Annual, entitled "'What I Did on My Christmas Holidays' By Sally Sparrow".
..."Blink" received widespread critical acclaim, and is widely considered to be one of the best episodes of the show. Moffat won the BAFTA Craft and BAFTA Cymru awards for Best Writer, and the Hugo Award for Best Dramatic Presentation, Short Form, while for her single performance in the series, Mulligan won the Constellation Award for Best Female Performance in a 2007 Science Fiction Television Episode. In 2009 the episode was voted the second best Doctor Who story ever by readers of Doctor Who Magazine.

No question in my mind that UK scriptwriters understand mythology. Don't watch much from the USA so could be missing it there, however time and again I see it in a range of UK dramas. The verbal interplay between characters, too, can be brilliant. Often wonder just how much viewers can miss; bit like watching Stephen Fry pulling his oft-scripted Cambridge University lines on QI. The audience lapped it up, newer missed a trick, however I'll bet dollars to peanuts that a great many others would not have a clue, miss them completely.

You will understand I see mythology differently from all too many.

Foyle's War is an ideal example. Modern mythology runs throughout the series. Time and again major modern issues are thrashed out, the final wrap-up providing the essential message on what we need to do to sort things out effectively. The British Government and other institutions cop many a harsh serve.

No one should miss the fact that modern mythology is alive and well. Problem is, billions of people spend their lives analysing out-of-date mythology so must miss what they are being taught today.

It will come.

Probably after my predicted world-wide revolution. If that works the way I think it may, then the survivors will have nowhere else to turn.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1597 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hello to all,

jean jones

Hmmm the plans to move are still there! Didn’t know/recall that you had your car taken away. That require a whole lot of planning, especially before Lyft and Uber, fr sure!

Posts: 5182 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Hello to all,

jean jones

Hey JJ!

Now, about that literal stuff. You and I are just gonna have to agree to disagree 'about it 'cause I ain't fightin' that battle with ya anymore. I'm done Bang Head   :banghead:

Check what is availability for seniors as far as cab rides, in Arlington Virginia you got five dollars rides, several times a month. Doctor, groceries etc. can recall the specifics but had a friend who love it. Could lift much so the grocery shopping was frustrating, I introduced him to Peapod, and he loved it! For what it is worth, we’re talking as GS13 retiree.

Posts: 5182 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post