Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Seems I also received a message for someone else who might be transitioning to being truly born-again, as opposed to just being evangelical,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xb6Iuph19w

Lyrics are in the comment section.

Crimson blood would be the blood of Jesus.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 467 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:


One of the groups, perhaps Nutisystem, had basically a he mans plan! I’d still expect you’d want more, but we don’t “need”as much as we think we do. Then again the one size fits no one guidelines don’t fit most anyway! At best they work for health weights, and those numbers are debatable!

I was doing pretty well with low carb, but including low fat with that is not scientifically sound. I haven’t lost at the rate I started and hit what seems to be a plateau earlier than I expected, but I’m not giving up.

And, btw, a salad doesn’t have to take a lot of standing, other than washing the lettuce perhaps! For that I think I’d take a dish pan to the table! Canned tuna and chicken can go a bit farther in salads and still get you your protein. Or you can put yoghurt in your salad as you “dress it.


Yeah, I go through salad periods, but the chicken and tuna are currently to expensive, not to mention the dressing and tomatos. Also I get tired of it.


I grew up with salad everyday, and yes now I have long streaks of not wanting to even look at it. Currently I’m not adding tomatoes because they are Greek salads, so to speak, but I’ve used canned diced tomatoes on occasion. Consumers reports had an article about many veggies needing to be cooked to release some of the important nutrients.
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Seems I also received a message for someone else who might be transitioning to being truly born-again, as opposed to just being evangelical,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xb6Iuph19w

Lyrics are in the comment section.

Crimson blood would be the blood of Jesus.


Isn’t that what wayseeker described?
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
diabetic diet,

https://reason.com/blog/2018/0...for-type-ii-diabetes

All things considered in my case I expect it would be much cheaper for the government to pay for pre-packaged foods for use daily then my pharmas, but that would make too much sense.

On a separate note, it seems there might be more than 2 types of diabetes, a new, but limited study seems to indicate at least 5.

I like that site's approach.

And yeah, there are those of us who never had any difficulties until we experienced the diabetic side effects of certain BP meds...


My doctor(s) try regularly to bug me about it, but even besides the money, I'm not up to being able to stand at the stove cooking whatever as a rule.

Although I saw a commercial for Jenny's or Weight Watchers for diabetic meals. I'd just need larger quantities of lean meats in the portions I espect.


Yeah, portion would be an issue for you. Most of the frozen/deli meals are sufficient for me, although some of the larger sized frozen meals are too large. But you might be able to buy frozen cooked beef and chicken strips to add to the meals.
https://www.tyson.com/products...ed-beef-steak-strips
http://steakeze.com/
https://www.tyson.com/products...hicken-breast-strips

There are other brands I'm sure.

Since I had them put me on a different BP med (although I still have to take 1/3-1/2 pill of the previous med for heart arrhythmia) my blood sugar levels have gotten back to normal.


I was doing some chicken strips for awhile when they were on sale. But of late I've gotten somewhat intolerant of chicken.

Guess we all get tired of the same ol' same ol' after a while.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
On a side note locally, a Jesuit school locally has objected to the possible placement of a locker space for use by the homeless to store their things, as the current one is insufficient.

It seems the fact that kids might see more homeless then they do already is objectionable.


Oh, and mustn't forget that according to Graham's daughter his death was prophetic on the same level as Moses.....


SHEESH!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Allan,
Just for you:

https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe/pickled-eggs/

Cook a week's worth and put them in the fridge.

Oh, and you can dunk them in the creamy dressing of your choice. Slice them on a salad as well.

Good stuff!


As an Aussie the concept of setting aside beet root, as opposed to eating it right away just doesn’t seem feasible!

Not even long enough to make salad?

That's about how long I could set it aside...'cause I like 'em. Just can't eat very many of them at one time.


Not sure but since they are also put on burgers I’d say maybe!


Beets on burgers? Who would have thunk it!

Ah yeah, we are talking about those Aussies Doh!   :doh:


Actually not bad, but I couldn’t really taste them in the runny egg!

That sounds like living in a nightmare...  OMG!   :OMG:


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed,
I just made both of these Walruses in the darker brown color, just don't have the big one sown together yet:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/556335360211872077/

Made the small one to look more like a pup by giving him shorter whiskers and no tusks. They are just too cute!

Oh, and it's been 3 weeks now since I heard from Mary Jean. Can't seem to get her to respond to my emails.

Steve was to see the doc this morning because the pollen was getting him down. Gonna ask him when he last heard from Mary Jean...


I sent her an email, and all is silent for me too. Have you called? At one point her daughter had agreed to call someone if there was a problem. I’d expectat least some to email, if her computer still works. Haven’t heard from Gershom either!

Hope Steve gets better soon, he’s had enough of doctors I’m sure! Keep us posted!

As for the critters they are getting cuter and cuter!

I've called Mary Jean before, but she seems to have great difficulty hearing my voice over the phone. I'm thinking it may be the pitch (it's low). She wears hearing aids, but doesn't seem to help when it comes to hearing me. But if I don't hear from her this week, I may call her anyway.

Didn't hear from Steve this morning, so he is probably still regrouping.

One of my sisters came down yesterday to clean my house. Was the first time she had seen my amigurumi collection. Crazy girl was pulling the curly tail on my pink pig, then giggling like a little kid!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Seems I also received a message for someone else who might be transitioning to being truly born-again, as opposed to just being evangelical,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xb6Iuph19w

Lyrics are in the comment section.

Crimson blood would be the blood of Jesus.


Isn’t that what wayseeker described?


I don't recall. I do remember TDM and her talk about being bathed in blood and her attempts at blood magic.....

Scary. And most especially disgusting. Unless you are a Kardashian it seems...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 467 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Another btw, it actually rained here yesterday and I got to walk in it.

Now imagine someone walking down the street in an Hawaiian type shirt, shorts in a heavy drizzle.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 467 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
From Trumps speech yesterday,

47. "I don't know that the United States frankly is ready for it. They should be ready for it."
The "it" Trump is talking about here is giving convicted drug dealers the death penalty, which he says is how China solved its opium problem.


We solved our opium problem by invading Afghanistan and increasing imports from roughly 100 tons a year to over a thousand. And this was within the first year.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 467 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
On a side note locally, a Jesuit school locally has objected to the possible placement of a locker space for use by the homeless to store their things, as the current one is insufficient.

It seems the fact that kids might see more homeless then they do already is objectionable.


Oh, and mustn't forget that according to Graham's daughter his death was prophetic on the same level as Moses.....


SHEESH!


Wasn’t 99? Not sure most everyone couldn’t have predicted Graham’s death!
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Allan,
Just for you:

https://www.incredibleegg.org/recipe/pickled-eggs/

Cook a week's worth and put them in the fridge.

Oh, and you can dunk them in the creamy dressing of your choice. Slice them on a salad as well.

Good stuff!


As an Aussie the concept of setting aside beet root, as opposed to eating it right away just doesn’t seem feasible!

Not even long enough to make salad?

That's about how long I could set it aside...'cause I like 'em. Just can't eat very many of them at one time.


Not sure but since they are also put on burgers I’d say maybe!


Beets on burgers? Who would have thunk it!

Ah yeah, we are talking about those Aussies Doh!   :doh:


Actually not bad, but I couldn’t really taste them in the runny egg!

That sounds like living in a nightmare...  OMG!   :OMG:


Supposed to be like a fried egg, or perhaps poached? And they aren’t considered good if they aren’t running down to your elbow! At least two Americans sent them back as the whites were runny!
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Another btw, it actually rained here yesterday and I got to walk in it.

Now imagine someone walking down the street in an Hawaiian type shirt, shorts in a heavy drizzle.

Nice ain't it.

Thunderstorms, not so much.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed,
I just made both of these Walruses in the darker brown color, just don't have the big one sown together yet:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/556335360211872077/

Made the small one to look more like a pup by giving him shorter whiskers and no tusks. They are just too cute!

Oh, and it's been 3 weeks now since I heard from Mary Jean. Can't seem to get her to respond to my emails.

Steve was to see the doc this morning because the pollen was getting him down. Gonna ask him when he last heard from Mary Jean...


I sent her an email, and all is silent for me too. Have you called? At one point her daughter had agreed to call someone if there was a problem. I’d expectat least some to email, if her computer still works. Haven’t heard from Gershom either!

Hope Steve gets better soon, he’s had enough of doctors I’m sure! Keep us posted!

As for the critters they are getting cuter and cuter!

I've called Mary Jean before, but she seems to have great difficulty hearing my voice over the phone. I'm thinking it may be the pitch (it's low). She wears hearing aids, but doesn't seem to help when it comes to hearing me. But if I don't hear from her this week, I may call her anyway.

Didn't hear from Steve this morning, so he is probably still regrouping.

One of my sisters came down yesterday to clean my house. Was the first time she had seen my amigurumi collection. Crazy girl was pulling the curly tail on my pink pig, then giggling like a little kid!


Send me the pig, I’ll protect it!

I had a friend that could hear his sister but not necessarily me, at least on the phone. I was thinking that Bryan should call, surly she could hear the jolly green giant, ho ho ho
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Seems I also received a message for someone else who might be transitioning to being truly born-again, as opposed to just being evangelical,

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Xb6Iuph19w

Lyrics are in the comment section.

Crimson blood would be the blood of Jesus.



Isn’t that what wayseeker described?


I don't recall. I do remember TDM and her talk about being bathed in blood and her attempts at blood magic.....

Scary. And most especially disgusting. Unless you are a Kardashian it seems...


I didn’t find the lyrics, but the video seemed to be a reconciling and a freeing from the “disgusting!
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Supposed to be like a fried egg, or perhaps poached? And they aren’t considered good if they aren’t running down to your elbow! At least two Americans sent them back as the whites were runny!


Eggs and beets just don't seem like a good combo to me. And yeah, don't even like runny egg whites.

Oh, got a call from Steve this afternoon, but I was all snuggled up in a much needed nap at the time. I'll give him a call tomorrow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Another btw, it actually rained here yesterday and I got to walk in it.

Now imagine someone walking down the street in an Hawaiian type shirt, shorts in a heavy drizzle.


I suspect they would have stared less if you’d worn more than the Hawaiian shirt!
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
From Trumps speech yesterday,

47. "I don't know that the United States frankly is ready for it. They should be ready for it."
The "it" Trump is talking about here is giving convicted drug dealers the death penalty, which he says is how China solved its opium problem.


We solved our opium problem by invading Afghanistan and increasing imports from roughly 100 tons a year to over a thousand. And this was within the first year.


For Singapore they don’t have repeat offenders but there are some who used opioids for religion or just always that are older I think, they don’t even get arrested unless they are selling. Of course I had to ask how they got them if no one could sell them. I ended up with the “blue wall”.
 
Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed,
I just made both of these Walruses in the darker brown color, just don't have the big one sown together yet:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/556335360211872077/

Made the small one to look more like a pup by giving him shorter whiskers and no tusks. They are just too cute!

Oh, and it's been 3 weeks now since I heard from Mary Jean. Can't seem to get her to respond to my emails.

Steve was to see the doc this morning because the pollen was getting him down. Gonna ask him when he last heard from Mary Jean...


I sent her an email, and all is silent for me too. Have you called? At one point her daughter had agreed to call someone if there was a problem. I’d expectat least some to email, if her computer still works. Haven’t heard from Gershom either!

Hope Steve gets better soon, he’s had enough of doctors I’m sure! Keep us posted!

As for the critters they are getting cuter and cuter!

I've called Mary Jean before, but she seems to have great difficulty hearing my voice over the phone. I'm thinking it may be the pitch (it's low). She wears hearing aids, but doesn't seem to help when it comes to hearing me. But if I don't hear from her this week, I may call her anyway.

Didn't hear from Steve this morning, so he is probably still regrouping.

One of my sisters came down yesterday to clean my house. Was the first time she had seen my amigurumi collection. Crazy girl was pulling the curly tail on my pink pig, then giggling like a little kid!


Send me the pig, I’ll profit!

I had a friend that could hear his sister but not necessarily me, at least on the phone. I was thinking that Bryan should call, surly she could hear the jolly green giant, ho ho ho

Nope, you ain't gettin' my little pink piggy! His tail would be straight in no time.

But yeah, maybe Bryan is a good choice.

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Another btw, it actually rained here yesterday and I got to walk in it.

Now imagine someone walking down the street in an Hawaiian type shirt, shorts in a heavy drizzle.


I suspect they would have stared less if you’d worn more than the Hawaiian shirt!


Now, now. He did say shorts as well... Tellin' on ya self.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 73 

Locked Topic Locked

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex

© 2003-2020 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.