Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Supposed to be like a fried egg, or perhaps poached? And they aren’t considered good if they aren’t running down to your elbow! At least two Americans sent them back as the whites were runny!

Eggs and beets just don't seem like a good combo to me. And yeah, don't even like runny egg whites.

Oh, got a call from Steve this afternoon, but I was all snuggled up in a much needed nap at the time. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Glad he called. Now, I noticed Allan is among the missing! Hope it’s just a weekend outing!

Posts: 8897 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,
I just made both of these Walruses in the darker brown color, just don't have the big one sown together yet:
https://www.pinterest.co.uk/pin/556335360211872077/

Made the small one to look more like a pup by giving him shorter whiskers and no tusks. They are just too cute!

Oh, and it's been 3 weeks now since I heard from Mary Jean. Can't seem to get her to respond to my emails.

Steve was to see the doc this morning because the pollen was getting him down. Gonna ask him when he last heard from Mary Jean...

I sent her an email, and all is silent for me too. Have you called? At one point her daughter had agreed to call someone if there was a problem. I’d expectat least some to email, if her computer still works. Haven’t heard from Gershom either!

Hope Steve gets better soon, he’s had enough of doctors I’m sure! Keep us posted!

As for the critters they are getting cuter and cuter!

I've called Mary Jean before, but she seems to have great difficulty hearing my voice over the phone. I'm thinking it may be the pitch (it's low). She wears hearing aids, but doesn't seem to help when it comes to hearing me. But if I don't hear from her this week, I may call her anyway.

Didn't hear from Steve this morning, so he is probably still regrouping.

One of my sisters came down yesterday to clean my house. Was the first time she had seen my amigurumi collection. Crazy girl was pulling the curly tail on my pink pig, then giggling like a little kid!

Send me the pig, I’ll profit!

I had a friend that could hear his sister but not necessarily me, at least on the phone. I was thinking that Bryan should call, surly she could hear the jolly green giant, ho ho ho

Nope, you ain't gettin' my little pink piggy! His tail would be straight in no time.

But yeah, maybe Bryan is a good choice.

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

No it wouldn’t, my stuffed pink piggy still has a curled tail and he is 30+ years old! He wouldn’t let anyone pull another pigs tail!

Perhaps an Aloha Bryan? And I read some thing other than a garment with shorts. I think that was the length of different rainings! They do make Muumuus that I’d wear. But remember hot pants? I had a navy blue pair I wore a frilly blouse and a long vest with, matching patent leather ivory boots! It could, at times look like I’d forgotten my shorts!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,
I just made both of these Walruses in the darker brown color, just don't have the big one sown together yet:

Made the small one to look more like a pup by giving him shorter whiskers and no tusks. They are just too cute!

Oh, and it's been 3 weeks now since I heard from Mary Jean. Can't seem to get her to respond to my emails.

Steve was to see the doc this morning because the pollen was getting him down. Gonna ask him when he last heard from Mary Jean...

I sent her an email, and all is silent for me too. Have you called? At one point her daughter had agreed to call someone if there was a problem. I’d expectat least some to email, if her computer still works. Haven’t heard from Gershom either!

Hope Steve gets better soon, he’s had enough of doctors I’m sure! Keep us posted!

I've called Mary Jean before, but she seems to have great difficulty hearing my voice over the phone. I'm thinking it may be the pitch (it's low). She wears hearing aids, but doesn't seem to help when it comes to hearing me. But if I don't hear from her this week, I may call her anyway.

One of my sisters came down yesterday to clean my house. Was the first time she had seen my amigurumi collection. Crazy girl was pulling the curly tail on my pink pig, then giggling like a little kid!

I had a friend that could hear his sister but not necessarily me, at least on the phone. I was thinking that Bryan should call, surly she could hear the jolly green giant, ho ho ho

Nope, you ain't gettin' my little pink piggy! His tail would be straight in no time.

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

No it wouldn’t, my stuffed pink piggy still has a curled tail and he is 30+ years old! He wouldn’t let anyone pull another pigs tail!

Perhaps an Aloha Bryan? And I read some thing other than a garment with shorts. I think that was the length of different rainings! They do make Muumuus that I’d wear. But remember hot pants? I had a navy blue pair I wore a frilly blouse and a long vest with, matching patent leather ivory boots! It could, at times look like I’d forgotten my shorts!

His tail really is cute - 4th picture up from the bottom of the pattern:
http://www.amigurumitogo.com/2014/06/pig-pattern.html

Yeah, I had a few pairs of hot pants. And that's as far as I'm gonna go with that story!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6171 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

My shirt is probably long enough to be a mini-skirt.

bryan j borich

Posts: 467 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Bad choice, I 'hate' phones. With the exception of 2 periods in my life.

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Yeah, so... This is Mary Jean we're talking about. And she'd do it for you.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Had a nice, long chat with Steve today. Mostly he is doing well, but still has moments when losing Marianne is just all too fresh and painful for him.

Seems he will have family members visit sometime in mid-late April to collect items they wish to keep, and will then move to somewhere more in tune to his present condition. Also says he can no longer properly care for "the pups" and is considering what to do with them.

He brought me close to tears a couple of times. Just wanna hug him 'til he burps.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Yeah, I had a few pairs of hot pants. And that's as far as I'm gonna go with that story!

Too cute. I’ll send his new address shortly!

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Had a nice, long chat with Steve today. Mostly he is doing well, but still has moments when losing Marianne is just all too fresh and painful for him.

Seems he will have family members visit sometime in mid-late April to collect items they wish to keep, and will then move to somewhere more in tune to his present condition. Also says he can no longer properly care for "the pups" and is considering what to do with them.

He brought me close to tears a couple of times. Just wanna hug him 'til he burps.

Some nursing homes have house pets, others allow residents in assisted living to keep them in their room. Of course they do have to stay small. Right now Houston has been airlifting pets to other areas where they are quickly adopted, so yes a local adoption may be tough but other areas are helping.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Shhh, don't tell my sister, but I just ordered 3 more skeins of pink yarn so I can make a few more of them!

I made one of these in white but want to make one in pink too:
https://www.ravelry.com/patter...ry/pig-amigurumi-cal

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Some nursing homes have house pets, others allow residents in assisted living to keep them in their room. Of course they do have to stay small. Right now Houston has been airlifting pets to other areas where they are quickly adopted, so yes a local adoption may be tough but other areas are helping.

He didn't say exactly where he intended to go, and I didn't pry. But it does sound like his mobility is getting even more limited. Right now he is still able to get around with braces and walker, but not sure for how much longer...

He also didn't list all the options he was considering for the pups, but with his heart of gold, I'm sure it will be somewhere nice.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

He didn't say exactly where he intended to go, and I didn't pry. But it does sound like his mobility is getting even more limited. Right now he is still able to get around with braces and walker, but not sure for how much longer...

He also didn't list all the options he was considering for the pups, but with his heart of gold, I'm sure it will be somewhere nice.

Yeah, taking care of pets when you have certain problems can be troublesome.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Then why isn't she here Smile   :)

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Because she is too ill and unable to be here. She had to give up driving and is moving closer to her daughters because of both physical and mental decline. I thought you understood that... Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't want to say too much on a public forum.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yeah, taking care of pets when you have certain problems can be troublesome.

I know. Miz Baby still wants to be hand-fed roasted chicken. Peeling the little strips of meat off isn't a problem, it's that getting down to her level on the floor that will mess with your back.

She also likes to be picked up and cradled in my arms. Not much of an issue since she is only 6-7 lbs, but there is no way I can bend over and pick her up. She HAS to wait until I'm seated and come to my lap these days.

When I was on the phone with Steve, you could hear that the dogs are a little rambunctious, and at least the 2 "pups" are fairly young. Not to mention that being half poodle, they will be pretty active for quite a while - all the while he is becoming less active...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Supposed to be like a fried egg, or perhaps poached? And they aren’t considered good if they aren’t running down to your elbow! At least two Americans sent them back as the whites were runny!

Eggs and beets just don't seem like a good combo to me. And yeah, don't even like runny egg whites.

Oh, got a call from Steve this afternoon, but I was all snuggled up in a much needed nap at the time. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

Glad he called. Now, I noticed Allan is among the missing! Hope it’s just a weekend outing!

I'm beginning to think Allan likes to "go missing" just to see if we will miss him   Wink   ;)

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Shhh, don't tell my sister, but I just ordered 3 more skeins of pink yarn so I can make a few more of them!

I made one of these in white but want to make one in pink too:
https://www.ravelry.com/patter...ry/pig-amigurumi-cal

Whole litter!

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I was just hoping he could find a place they fit well, without too much trouble. As for living space, many of the complexes can handle mobility problems without needing to be in assisted care. You need to be able to transfer and evacuate but not much else on the mobility scale, I’m sure because he has already done some research, he has a good idea where he thinks he might like and definitely where he knows he’s not going!

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

Because she is too ill and unable to be here. She had to give up driving and is moving closer to her daughters because of both physical and mental decline. I thought you understood that... Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't want to say too much on a public forum.

Wish we knew which books she’s already read, perhaps a book might get her to call you?

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I'm beginning to think Allan likes to "go missing" just to see if we will miss him   Wink   ;)

Sneaky little Scotty, he is!

My gues is that he was looking for a more in depth discussion that we weren’t biting on. I’m either not understanding his point, or accepted it so long ago that I don’t see what different, but it feels like I can’t add anything because I gave up a long time ago trying to convert those who were comfortable not growing in their faith or underst. Mrs exp is an excellent example of those that is still trying to learn and understand!