Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
JR: Shhh, don't tell my sister, but I just ordered 3 more skeins of pink yarn so I can make a few more of them!

I made one of these in white but want to make one in pink too:
https://www.ravelry.com/patter...ry/pig-amigurumi-cal

quote:
Reed: Whole litter!

LOL, yep.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR: But yeah, maybe Bryan is a good choice.

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:
Bryan: Bad choice, I 'hate' phones. With the exception of 2 periods in my life.

quote:
JR: Yeah, so... This is Mary Jean we're talking about. And she'd do it for you.

quote:
Bryan: Then why isn't she here Smile   :)

quote:
JR: Because she is too ill and unable to be here. She had to give up driving and is moving closer to her daughters because of both physical and mental decline. I thought you understood that... Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't want to say too much on a public forum.

quote:
Reed: Wish we knew which books she’s already read, perhaps a book might get her to call you?

Not sure about her reading abilities lately. I sent her step-by-step instruction on how to logon and how to post on this forum but she couldn't understand them. She tried real hard 'cause she really wanted to take Allan to task for one of his posts...

Missed my chance to call her today but I'll try again tomorrow.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR: Oh, got a call from Steve this afternoon, but I was all snuggled up in a much needed nap at the time. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

quote:
Reed: Glad he called. Now, I noticed Allan is among the missing! Hope it’s just a weekend outing!

quote:
JR: I'm beginning to think Allan likes to "go missing" just to see if we will miss him   Wink   ;)

quote:
Reed: Sneaky little Scotty, he is!

My gues is that he was looking for a more in depth discussion that we weren’t biting on. I’m either not understanding his point, or accepted it so long ago that I don’t see what different, but it feels like I can’t add anything because I gave up a long time ago trying to convert those who were comfortable not growing in their faith or underst. Mrs exp is an excellent example of those that is still trying to learn and understand!

Yeah, sometimes I'm not real sure what he is getting at because he seems to have put too many things on the table for me to sort out.

At other times I'm just not well read on the subject and haven't formed an informed opinion. But those are also the kinds of subjects I much prefer having face-to-face discussions on since so much gets lost in translation on the forum.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:
JR: Because she is too ill and unable to be here. She had to give up driving and is moving closer to her daughters because of both physical and mental decline. I thought you understood that... Sorry if I wasn't clear enough, but I didn't want to say too much on a public forum.

quote:
Reed: Wish we knew which books she’s already read, perhaps a book might get her to call you?

Not sure about her reading abilities lately. I sent her step-by-step instruction on how to logon and how to post on this forum but she couldn't understand them. She tried real hard 'cause she really wanted to take Allan to task for one of his posts...

Oh my. I just assumed that that was because reading computer directions really aren’t easy, normally. Did she ever give us her daughters phone number?

Posts: 12886 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
JR: Oh, got a call from Steve this afternoon, but I was all snuggled up in a much needed nap at the time. I'll give him a call tomorrow.

quote:
Reed: Glad he called. Now, I noticed Allan is among the missing! Hope it’s just a weekend outing!

quote:
JR: I'm beginning to think Allan likes to "go missing" just to see if we will miss him   Wink   ;)

quote:
Reed: Sneaky little Scotty, he is!

My gues is that he was looking for a more in depth discussion that we weren’t biting on. I’m either not understanding his point, or accepted it so long ago that I don’t see what different, but it feels like I can’t add anything because I gave up a long time ago trying to convert those who were comfortable not growing in their faith or underst. Mrs exp is an excellent example of those that is still trying to learn and understand!

Yeah, sometimes I'm not real sure what he is getting at because he seems to have put too many things on the table for me to sort out.

At other times I'm just not well read on the subject and haven't formed an informed opinion. But those are also the kinds of subjects I much prefer having face-to-face discussions on since so much gets lost in translation on the forum.

Amen

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Oh my. I just assumed that that was because reading computer directions really aren’t easy, normally. Did she ever give us her daughters phone number?

Called her again today and got the voice mail...left a message but still haven't received a return call.

And no, I don't have either of her daughter's numbers.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
All,
Spoke with Steve again tonight. He was in much better spirits!

In fact, he is talking about joining us here. I'm beside myself with glee!

Now it won't be instantaneous 'cause he will have to go through the approval process, but I think we can expect to see him within a few days.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

Called her again today and got the voice mail...left a message but still haven't received a return call.

And no, I don't have either of her daughter's numbers.

I think we begged her to give them to us and she never got around to it. I’d hoped she did it by email, to you.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
All,

Now it won't be instantaneous 'cause he will have to go through the approval process, but I think we can expect to see him within a few days.

Yeah! Can’t wait!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR: And no, I don't have either of her daughter's numbers.

quote:
Reed: I think we begged her to give them to us and she never got around to it. I’d hoped she did it by email, to you.

She seems to forget things like that rather easily. But also at the time I was more concerned about her wound healing than getting a phone number that we may need at some later date.

Steve said he spoke with her about 3 weeks ago, but gave no details.

Oh, and speaking of Steve...he is currently living in a retirement community. One of his granddaughters is expected to visit in the next few days.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
All,

Yeah! Can’t wait!

Nor I!

And our resident Scotty had best present his face, butt, or at least a paw, to welcome Steve when he arrives...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Gonna be an early night for me. Tummy is acting up and this ol' girl is weary.

Good night and God bless.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Reed: I think we begged her to give them to us and she never got around to it. I’d hoped she did it by email, to you.

She seems to forget things like that rather easily. But also at the time I was more concerned about her wound healing than getting a phone number that we may need at some later date.

Oh, and speaking of Steve...he is currently living in a retirement community. One of his granddaughters is expected to visit in the next few days.

Many of those communities have step up facilities, means you don’t have to move away!

Great to hear a granddaughter is visiting. And that he got to Mrs e, and that she could hear him! I’m thinking though it was about 3 weeks since she was here?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Got my new cpap yesterday, this is the first time I’m trying to use it, hope I get some sleep, or some untiredness soon.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I understood part of it, but some of that referred to before the decline. In any case I'm not even sure how I'd handle the phone call. And I'm not sure I mentioned but in one of the phones cases I was being pushed.

Just saying.

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
All,

Yeah! Can’t wait!

That would be nice, and good for him too I think.

As for Mrs. Exp, we seriously need some contact for her daughters or something.

Btw one of my phone problems is I'm not sure I can do long distance and what the consequences might be (it being an Obamaphone under T-Mobile).

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Had a nice, long chat with Steve today. Mostly he is doing well, but still has moments when losing Marianne is just all too fresh and painful for him.

Seems he will have family members visit sometime in mid-late April to collect items they wish to keep, and will then move to somewhere more in tune to his present condition. Also says he can no longer properly care for "the pups" and is considering what to do with them.

He brought me close to tears a couple of times. Just wanna hug him 'til he burps.

Some nursing homes have house pets, others allow residents in assisted living to keep them in their room. Of course they do have to stay small. Right now Houston has been airlifting pets to other areas where they are quickly adopted, so yes a local adoption may be tough but other areas are helping.

He didn't say exactly where he intended to go, and I didn't pry. But it does sound like his mobility is getting even more limited. Right now he is still able to get around with braces and walker, but not sure for how much longer...

He also didn't list all the options he was considering for the pups, but with his heart of gold, I'm sure it will be somewhere nice.

Yeah, taking care of pets when you have certain problems can be troublesome.

I know. Miz Baby still wants to be hand-fed roasted chicken. Peeling the little strips of meat off isn't a problem, it's that getting down to her level on the floor that will mess with your back.

She also likes to be picked up and cradled in my arms. Not much of an issue since she is only 6-7 lbs, but there is no way I can bend over and pick her up. She HAS to wait until I'm seated and come to my lap these days.

When I was on the phone with Steve, you could hear that the dogs are a little rambunctious, and at least the 2 "pups" are fairly young. Not to mention that being half poodle, they will be pretty active for quite a while - all the while he is becoming less active...

Arthritis and breathing problems were my deal. My daughter was supposed to visit to clean the litter box. Of course that never happened despite just living a short distance up the street.....

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Many of those communities have step up facilities, means you don’t have to move away!

Great to hear a granddaughter is visiting. And that he got to Mrs e, and that she could hear him! I’m thinking though it was about 3 weeks since she was here?

Naw, Mary Jean hasn't posted since back on the 8th of February. And the last email I got from her was on the 13th of February.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Got my new cpap yesterday, this is the first time I’m trying to use it, hope I get some sleep, or some untiredness soon.

Hope you are able to get some good sleep 'cause girl you lookin' funny with those big loops under your eyes!

Of course, they don't look a bit better on me...went to bed at 9 PM and got up at 2 AM.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
quote:

Bryan? Oh, Bry yaaan?

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

I understood part of it, but some of that referred to before the decline. In any case I'm not even sure how I'd handle the phone call. And I'm not sure I mentioned but in one of the phones cases I was being pushed.

Just saying.

Don't worry about it, she doesn't seem to be answering the phone anyway. I know that she cannot hear the phone unless she is sitting right next to it, or if she is wearing her hearing aids, and that she doesn't wear them all the time.