Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 ... 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Over the past number of days I've had other people condemning the way other people dress (or not dress), I'd been pointing out the problems weren't with the way others dress, but with their dirty minds. Then yesterday my neighbor brings it up, and after the discussion I get reminded of the parable of the cup in John, that one must clean the inside as I was saying.

Also been having the standard argument with Vicki, who's always been claiming, among other things to being born from above, I ended up last night when she mentioned it again that according to John, those born from above don't sin, she still does. Though I admit John is not entirely correct.

Sin - missing the mark... Born from above is the mark that initiates the will to do unto others as you would would have done unto yourself?

If so, then John is correct, imho.

One can still be born from above and sin, it's a little less frequent and not that clear cut.....you're still undergoing having the Law written on your heart.

When you get Anointed however is probably the point it stops completely.

Well, I've been reading quite a bit of Franciscan Priest Richard Rohr's books. A point he has made more than once is that the Catholic Church, as well as most Protestant Denominations, have kept Christianity at the "infant milk" level. IOW, they teach at the lowest common denominator level rather than in progressive stages.

https://cac.org/

https://cac.org/richard-rohr/richard-rohr-ofm/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Steve expects to be released tomorrow!

YES!

Terrific!

He was sitting dressed and ready to go at 8 AM waiting for the results of his latest MRI. Gotta feeling that boy is gonna be making hot rod noises as they wheel him down the ramp on the way to the car!

I think you mean poopy noises...

He says they actually let him WALK out of the hospital! But of course they required someone be holding on to him...

That’s nearly unheard of, ever. I swear even someone in a full body cast would be put in a wheelchair, or so it seems!

I walked out once - because I got tired of waiting on someone to show up with a wheelchair!
But my understanding is that the hospital's insurance requires a wheelchair exit mostly for the hospital's protection against patient claims in cases of falls...

That’s pretty much what I understood!

I got out of a wheelchair still moving! Near the door we’re basically rumble strips, I had been in the hospital for what turned out to be a pinched nerve in my neck. When I yelled stopped I was told just a bit farther we are almost there! I stood up as I couldn’t stand the pain the area was causing me. And at that point I wasn’t particularly quiet or sympathetic to anyone’s rules!

Yep, one would hope that a little common sense would prevail, but then, we all know that 'common sense' isn't nearly as common as we would like. But another thing that makes no sense to me is that the attendant pushing your wheelchair has no idea what issue brought you to the hospital in the first place! No one informs them and they don't bother to ask.

I don’t think I had a volunteer that time but besides my telling them to go slowly you are right they didn’t have a clue! Then when I complain they should perhaps listen? I still am not sure what made the front like rumble strips, it felt sort of like a grate or cobblestones.

Posts: 12925 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Over the past number of days I've had other people condemning the way other people dress (or not dress), I'd been pointing out the problems weren't with the way others dress, but with their dirty minds. Then yesterday my neighbor brings it up, and after the discussion I get reminded of the parable of the cup in John, that one must clean the inside as I was saying.

Also been having the standard argument with Vicki, who's always been claiming, among other things to being born from above, I ended up last night when she mentioned it again that according to John, those born from above don't sin, she still does. Though I admit John is not entirely correct.

Interesting that you have found Vicki and still want to argue about whether being born from above includes being filled with the spirit which don’t sound the same at all. Seems to me that inviting Jesus into your heart implies a change here on earth.

As for the not sinning, Mary R used to argue she couldn’t sin because she was born again!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t think I had a volunteer that time but besides my telling them to go slowly you are right they didn’t have a clue! Then when I complain they should perhaps listen? I still am not sure what made the front like rumble strips, it felt sort of like a grate or cobblestones.

My understanding is that the rumble strips are to keep those with slick or wet shoes from slipping and falling when entering. But they also have the same "wake up" effect that they provide at stop lights/signs - "warning: stop/door ahead" for those exiting!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Interesting that you have found Vicki and still want to argue about whether being born from above includes being filled with the spirit which don’t sound the same at all. Seems to me that inviting Jesus into your heart implies a change here on earth.

As for the not sinning, Mary R used to argue she couldn’t sin because she was born again!

As I pointed out earlier, "The Church", for the most part, doesn't teach progressively in order to allow for "Christian maturity". And most of the Protestant Churches spend more time 'getting the theology right' according to which theologian they follow, than "living the faith" that Christians are called to do.

Which is why I like Richard Rohr so much:
https://cac.org/2018-daily-meditations/

https://cac.org/category/daily-meditations/

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
News reports state Trump has dandruff, there is orange snow in Russia.

Saw that. Kinda strange looking...Trump's hair and the orange snow!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My understanding is that the rumble strips are to keep those with slick or wet shoes from slipping and falling when entering. But they also have the same "wake up" effect that they provide at stop lights/signs - "warning: stop/door ahead" for those exiting!

I think they may have been to remove excess dirt from shoes, and water. I saw the entrance afterwards and couldn’t figure out whether they had changed or whether it is a different mat.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

As I pointed out earlier, "The Church", for the most part, doesn't teach progressively in order to allow for "Christian maturity". And most of the Protestant Churches spend more time 'getting the theology right' according to which theologian they follow, than "living the faith" that Christians are called to do.

I remember getting so frustrated with the posse, especially Cheri, as they repeated how to do the first step. Over and over and over and over! When challenged with “and then what” they couldn’t answer!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I think they may have been to remove excess dirt from shoes, and water. I saw the entrance afterwards and couldn’t figure out whether they had changed or whether it is a different mat.

Yep, that too.

Oh, got an email from Steve this afternoon that he tried to log onto Aantares this morning and got a NEW message: He has not yet been approved. Says that's the first time he's gotten that one and he sees it as promising!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I remember getting so frustrated with the posse, especially Cheri, as they repeated how to do the first step. Over and over and over and over! When challenged with “and then what” they couldn’t answer!

Yep, and that is as far as many of then ever want to go.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep, and that is as far as many of then ever want to go.

At times they seemed to be saying that theee was nothing more! Except having the right doctrine, of course!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep, that too.

Oh, got an email from Steve this afternoon that he tried to log onto Aantares this morning and got a NEW message: He has not yet been approved. Says that's the first time he's gotten that one and he sees it as promising!

Seems we all did a bit of that too!

Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
At times they seemed to be saying that theee was nothing more! Except having the right doctrine, of course!

So they're indoctrinated and just want to indoctrinate others? Huh.

Posts: 10090 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:

So they're indoctrinated and just want to indoctrinate others? Huh.

Succinctly!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yep, that too.

Seems we all did a bit of that too!

Didn't hear from him today.

Been kinda out-of-it myself all day...

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Texas is sinking Smile   :)

https://www.sciencealert.com/m...-sinkholes-geohazard

bryan j borich

Posts: 486 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Simple theology "Be Perfect as your Father is Perfect".

Everything else is extraneous, so to speak.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Not so. Went back on FB for the family page.

The discussion with Vicki might have started with how saintly Graham was (I'm not sure if that was her or someone else anymore to be honest).

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Well, I've been reading quite a bit of Franciscan Priest Richard Rohr's books. A point he has made more than once is that the Catholic Church, as well as most Protestant Denominations, have kept Christianity at the "infant milk" level. IOW, they teach at the lowest common denominator level rather than in progressive stages.

https://cac.org/

https://cac.org/richard-rohr/richard-rohr-ofm/

Well I know at times I've had theologians or those studying theology, anyway, teach me things that aren't told to parishioners. And that's become pretty clear from just various incidental readings where some openly state that.

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Simple theology "Be Perfect as your Father is Perfect".

Everything else is extraneous, so to speak.

IIRC, "mature" is a better translation than "perfect".

But of course, even that was asking way more than that bunch was willing to commit to...