Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
      Page: 1 ... 70 71 72 73

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Annex
 Login/Register 
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:

But something kept popping out at me as I was reading from the URLs you provided though: [i]The "Jewish" God of the Second Temple was not the God of the First Temple...

-Clement knew many of the apocalyptic texts that were NOT canonized: 1 Enoch, Assumption of Moses, Apocalypse of Zephaniah, Gospel OF THE Hebrews, Gospel OF THE Egyptians.
-Enoch had ascended to the throne and had been transformed into a 'SON OF MAN' (1 En 7.1).
-Enoch describes how Enoch was anointed and clothed in the ROBES OF GLORY (2 En 22.10)...

The owner of those URLs describes it this way:

quote:
In the end, all of this does affect how one must "read" Paul. I would suggest that he was very familiar with the Enochian tradition derived from the Persian/Babylonian culture, and that his ideas of the "kingdom" were much in line with Zoroaster's "Making Wonderful." He was also most likely fully aware of the probable Zoroastrian nature of Second Isaiah and its acceptance of Cyrus/Persians as the Messiah. He would then have been fully able to transfer those concepts onto Caesar. Because, in the end, there is much of Zoroaster in Paul.

Since this post went to a new page I reposted this in the new "pub".

Posts: 910 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Here, "the Lord's Brother" does not necessarily mean a brother of Jesus. Most likely, it refers to James as a member of a brotherhood, the Nazoreans, Zealots, Essenes, whatever, and all of them were known this way. Cephas, as is pretty well know, was probably Simon bar Jonah, or Simon the Zealot. That expresses the political nature of this group. But then, in those times, there was no separation of religion and politics.

How come every time I say that I get my head chopped off?

Kevin got his head bite off too, he claimed they were cousins not Brody. Of course the posse disagreed as that would mean literal was false!

Posts: 5759 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Watch out for guillotine!

Posts: 9093 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Heard from Steve today. Poor baby has had the flu...

Says the weather is beautiful though and that he's gonna make himself a Chocolate Silk Pie tomorrow. Been a while since I've had a bite of one of those.

Speaking of which, Mrs Exp?

Sorry Bryan, haven't heard so much as a peep from Mary Jean. But I'm gonna keep trying...

Ok. That girl just insists on worrying me. If you hear from her send my love.

Btw, in your research did you find anything about where the House of Judah and the House of Israel will be returned. Someone I've been arguing with (who claims the current Israel despite bible passages pointing out the land is not only not there's but never truly was, it was just on loan) unintentionally brought up a possible interesting point. That while the Houses will be regathered, there might be no promise of where, maybe. I've been trying to stay away from all that stuff for a long while now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Says the weather is beautiful though and that he's gonna make himself a Chocolate Silk Pie tomorrow. Been a while since I've had a bite of one of those.

Sorry Bryan, haven't heard so much as a peep from Mary Jean. But I'm gonna keep trying...

Btw, in your research did you find anything about where the House of Judah and the House of Israel will be returned. Someone I've been arguing with (who claims the current Israel despite bible passages pointing out the land is not only not there's but never truly was, it was just on loan) unintentionally brought up a possible interesting point. That while the Houses will be regathered, there might be no promise of where, maybe. I've been trying to stay away from all that stuff for a long while now.

Never mind think I found my answers, but if you have anything it might be interesting to see.

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never mind think I found my answers, but if you have anything it might be interesting to see.

I've posted my response on the Part II thread. They want us to limit the length of our threads since length slows the system down...

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4781 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Re "I've posted my response on the Part II thread. They want us to limit the length of our threads since length slows the system down..."

Not quoting the entire preceeding post could help with that, too... Wink   ;)

Posts: 9093 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Re "I've posted my response on the Part II thread. They want us to limit the length of our threads since length slows the system down..."

Not quoting the entire preceeding post could help with that, too... Wink   ;)

I hear you, but we all got spoiled on the Amazon forum were you could click on a button and view the entire post that was being responded to. Then you could click to view the previous post to that one, and trace the previous responses, all the way back to the beginning of the subject. I'd sometimes have 6-8 windows open following a particular subject back to its beginning.

The way this one is set up, it makes it more difficult to trace the discussion back, especially for those who don't visit that often, so... But when I'm responding to someone who has been showing up daily, I tend to shorten the quotes.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4781 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Admin
posted Hide Post

Per *CJ's suggestion, JR has started a PART II topic to continue discussions.

I'm CLOSING this topic. It will still be preserved here for reference (and for any newcomers/lurkers that happen along in the future).

Posts: 24927 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Report This Post