Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Entheogens don't "create" anything. They simply produce an altered state of consciousness, through which "some" people can experience spiritual phenomena. And then there are "some" people who don't require entheogen enablers for such experiences.

My goodness, yet again I am indebted to you:

https://spiritualityhealth.com...s-spiritual-explorer
Though this history has been largely obfuscated by prohibitionist attitudes and misinformation, entheogens—substances that “generate the experience of God within”—hold a special place in the development of world religions and countless spiritual traditions. “Psychedelics,” as entheogens are often called, were not something discovered in the countercultural 1960s but in fact can be traced back to the very dawn of human cultures. Many of the earliest human artifacts—from mushroom shaman effigies in prehistoric African cave paintings to marijuana incense burners in shrines in ancient Europe—depict entheogenic fungi and plants with clear associations to ritual and religious activity. The “foods of the gods” have been with us from the beginning.

BTW I did not say entheogens "created" anything.

What I did say say is entheogens may give us access to neuron modules which are not accessible in a natural state of consciousness.

As for those who do not require entheogen enablers for such experiences, one needs to be careful here.

Natural brain hallucinogens do exist, do affect us.

Orthodox science is not keen on exploring this, however it has been suggested, for example, that some people do create excessive DMT and off they go.

No names, no pack drill, however I have long believed one poster we know has experienced that more than once.

Meant to post these earlier:

https://www.theatlantic.com/he...pic-drug-use/282484/
On Good Friday 1962, two groups of students received either psilocybin or niacin (a nonhallucinogenic "control" substance) on a double-blind basis prior to the service in Boston University's Marsh Chapel. Following the service nearly the entire group receiving psilocybin reported having had a profound religious experience, compared to just a few in the control group. This result was therefore judged to have supported the entheogenic potential of hallucinogenic drug use. Interestingly, the experiment has subsequently been repeated under somewhat different and arguably better controlled circumstances and the results were substantially the same.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...GriffithspsilocybinQ
Commenting on the Griffiths et al. study, Smith said:
"Mystical experience seems to be as old as humankind, forming the core of many if not all of the great religious traditions. Some ancient cultures, such as classical Greece, and some contemporary small-scale cultures, have made use of psychoactive plants and chemicals to occasion such experiences. But this is the first scientific demonstration in 40 years, and the most rigorous ever, that profound mystical states can be produced safely in the laboratory. The potential is great."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1569 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
duplicate (it's a wonder you didn't hear my language when I found the earlier one had indeed been transmitted).

Posts: 1569 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, and it's been a couple of years since I have been involved in it, so I'm a little rusty on the particulars at this time. But ultimately, Israel is not a place, it is a people whose name is a message:
Isra: Contends/Prevails.
el: God.
God prevails.

Judah was the fourth son of Jacob.
Judah: Praise.

That is something I want to do when I get the right tuit.

We all, me included, make a serious mistake when we fail to check the meanings of names involved in, especially, mythology.

All too often the name is not a personal name. Instead, it is an attribute. Augustus is one example. It actually was a title given to Octavian when he assumed power.

Means "great" or "venerable", derived from Latin augere "to increase". Augustus was the title given to Octavian, the first Roman emperor. He was the adopted son of Julius Caesar who rose to power through a combination of military skill and political prowess. wiki

So, how many "names" in the Bible are nothing more than an attribute of a person whose name we will never know.

Goes further, too, but the news is on.

Hey... Trump as a Nobel Prize winner???

The reality, IMO, is the Chinese have put great pressure on North Korea because they reckon Trump is idiot enough to start WWIII.

He and Netanyahu are a definite danger.

Despite their Islamic beliefs, the Iranians are one of us, and need to be treated as the highly intelligent people they are instead of Trump's ignorant assessment.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
The Amesha Spenta was a 7 heavens type scheme (7 densities in modern channeling) which would have Zurvan/Ein Sof/Brahman in the 7th heaven/density.
..The 6 immortals would be 6th heaven/density and this would be the highest heaven/density that you could actually channel. In the Judaeo-Christianity sense, you could call them archangels. There aren't literally six of them of course; that's just symbolism for being one step down from the seventh heaven of Zurvan/Ein Sof/Brahman.

Why should 7 be any more than a significant mythological metaphor for Sun, Moon, Mercury, Venus, Mars, Jupiter, and Saturn?

Compare the attributes of those seven and see how many match the ones you quote.

Yes the planets make a great binary numbering scheme for personality models and physics as well as spirituality. Rodney Collin matches the planets and the days of the week to the Enneagram's law of 7. Ramon Llull had a model linked to the Enneagram that he matched to the 7 virtues and vices. The Enneagram is also used as a modern personality model. The men are from Mars, women from Venus thing hints at the use of planets for personality too.

Ancients and the general public may like things like planets, elements, virtues, vices, days of the weeks, heavens, densities, or your linked seven names for information theory math but when you plot them on to sacred geometry like the Enneagram, Sefirot, and Sri Yantra, you can see the actual root lattice math involved. You get things like where for personality you have the Jungian abstract intuition vs concrete sensing personalities while for spirituality it relates to the intellectual top of the Sefirot vs the tactical bottom of the Sefirot. You can also for personality models like the Canadian Capability Snapshot inward vs outward on a left-right axis while the Sefirot have a restriction left pillar and an expansion right pillar. My favorite channeler plots the 7 densities on to the Sefirot and you do get Zoroaster's evil spirit on the restrictive left pillar side. Modern channeling refers to them as Service to Self beings and technically we humans are currently on that restrictive left pillar side too. We just aren't as high up on the Sefirot aka we are more physical/tactical. Also via my favorite channeler:

quote:
The Baghdad astrologer Kitab al-Mughni described Jupiter as ‘bearded’ and Mars as a ‘lamp’, Mercury as a ‘spear’ and Venus as a ‘horseman’.

Just like planets like Mars and Venus don't really have personalities to match to men and women or gods, planets don't really have these comet description terms either but planet names make a nice sacred geometry of sorts to match to all sorts of things. Channeling is an entanglement between the channeler and the channeled entity so you will get morphs of information in terms the channeler can understand even if it distorts things.

quote:
quote:
Well Nimrod and the Tower of Babel is going back to Noah/Atlantis/Younger Dryas times when there was still some odd psychic abilities/technology around. Would kind of be a rebellion against brainwashing.

One hell of a difference between brainwashing and accessing normally inaccessible brain neuron modules.

Our distant ancestors would have any number of such modules necessary for them in their environment. Some, such as automatic flight when danger looms, may well have been remodelled and now keep us alive when we drive in dense high-speed traffic.

But what about the others? Are they still there, accessible only in an altered stater of consciousness?

As for those lost psychic abilities/technology, they were alive and well when we whitefellas first arrived here, and were still recognised last century. Who's to say they are lost?
https://downloads.newcastle.ed...pdf/elkinjan1937.pdf

As for the other Bible tales: Babel was an uneducated attempt to explain the variety of languages (with the magical 72) while at the same time slinging off at those Babylonians whose Marduk had whupped Adonai's butt.

Here's your 7 yet again: Rabbinic Judaism describes seven names which are so holy that, once written, should not be erased:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Names_of_God_in_Judaism

The Younger Dryas, as I understand it, was some 10,000 years before the Bible's borrowed flood.

The Younger Dryas was about 12,000 years ago and the flood certainly wasn't 2,000 years ago. I tend to think of the Noah flood as Deucalion-like:

quote:
Deucalion, with the aid of his father Prometheus, was saved from this deluge by building a chest.[8] Like the Biblical Noah and the Mesopotamian counterpart Utnapishtim, he uses his device to survive the deluge with his wife, Pyrrha.

The fullest accounts are provided in Ovid's Metamorphoses (8 AD) and in the Library of Pseudo-Apollodorus.[9] Deucalion, who reigned over the region of Phthia, had been forewarned of the flood by his father, Prometheus. Deucalion was to build a chest and provision it carefully (no animals are rescued in this version of the Flood myth), so that when the waters receded after nine days, he and his wife Pyrrha, daughter of Epimetheus, were the one surviving pair of humans. Their chest touched solid ground on Mount Parnassus,[10] or Mount Etna in Sicily,[11] or Mount Athos in Chalkidiki,[12] or Mount Othrys in Thessaly.[13]

Hyginus mentions the opinion of a Hegesianax that Deucalion is to be identified with Aquarius, "because during his reign such quantities of water poured from the sky that the great Flood resulted."

Once the deluge was over and the couple had given thanks to Zeus, Deucalion (said in several of the sources to have been aged 82 at the time) consulted an oracle of Themis about how to repopulate the earth. He was told to "cover your head and throw the bones of your mother behind your shoulder". Deucalion and Pyrrha understood that "mother" is Gaia, the mother of all living things, and the "bones" to be rocks. They threw the rocks behind their shoulders and the stones formed people. Pyrrha's became women; Deucalion's became men.

The stone thing tends to make me think of meteorite-gods; Younger Dryas Impact Hypothesis-like. The Tower of Babel language thing like with flood myths are everywhere thus like with the flood myths, I tend to think of something more than a local event. From Wikipedia's Tower of Babel article:

quote:
There is a Sumerian myth similar to that of the Tower of Babel... at one point reciting an incantation imploring the god Enki to restore (or in Kramer's translation, to disrupt) the linguistic unity of the inhabited regions — named as Shubur, Hamazi, Sumer, Uri-ki (Akkad), and the Martu land, "the whole universe, the well-guarded people — may they all address Enlil together in a single language... Another story, attributed by the native historian Fernando de Alva Cortés Ixtlilxóchitl (c. 1565–1648) to the ancient Toltecs, states that after men had multiplied following a great deluge, they erected a tall zacuali or tower, to preserve themselves in the event of a second deluge. However, their languages were confounded and they went to separate parts of the earth... Still another story, attributed to the Tohono O'odham people, holds that Montezuma escaped a great flood, then became wicked and attempted to build a house reaching to heaven, but the Great Spirit destroyed it with thunderbolts...

The Sibylline Oracles discuss the Tower of Babel too; mentioning its destruction which isn't actually mentioned in the Bible. I tend to think there was some local confusion going on in lots of places after people had been trying to connect to heaven psychically. This may be a Zoroaster evil spirit kind of confusion.

quote:
quote:
Dudes came down from the Steppes multiple times after dynasties crumbled cataclysmically.

I'm not aware of any cataclysms which drove the Indo-Europeans from the steppes. Can you help.

Graves made much of the Mycenaean Greeks who, it seems, arose from those Indo-Europeans I reckon we need to know more about. Since early Greek tribes are said to have moved to the Iberian peninsula then to Ireland, those migrations were vital.

Craters/Seismic cataclysms at 3300 BC, 2200 BC, and 1200 BC would be related to Early Dynastic, Hittite & Mycenaean Greeks, and Sea Peoples migrating into new areas.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
On sale today,

https://www.amazon.com/Harvard...tag=bookbubemail9-20

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
My new 'hero' of the day,

https://www.huffingtonpost.com...aed4e4b032b10bfa345f

For a few minutes this girl was at One with God.

She not only showed the hypocrisy of humanity that values looks over message. But she also allowed others to judge themselves for their immorality when they judged her.

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Craters/Seismic cataclysms at 3300 BC, 2200 BC, and 1200 BC would be related to Early Dynastic, Hittite & Mycenaean Greeks, and Sea Peoples migrating into new areas.

Will need to get back to this when my hay fever clears, bluelamp.

At first glance:

I thought the Sibylline Oracles were virtually completely destroyed by 365-408 C.E.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/sib/index.htm
As the translator notes, this collection should more properly titled 'the Pseudo-Sibylline Oracles'. The original Sibylline Books were closely-guarded oracular scrolls written by prophetic priestesses (the Sibylls) in the Etruscan and early Roman Era as far back as the 6th Century B.C.E. These books were destroyed, partially in a fire in 83 B.C.E., and finally burned by order of the Roman General Flavius Stilicho (365-408 C.E.).

As for what can be done with numbers...

I'm a regular viewer of UK dramas; twice a week the ad breaks include the Lotto draw. Just for the fun of it one night I checked the drawn numbers against the four used to identify the draw.

It worked.

Since that first night, never a draw goes by without an "amazing" mystical correlation.

As always, of course, I see, in mythological metaphors such as 7, information which relies, as you have noted, on new interpretations of long-forgotten or deliberately distorted mythologies. Look at the dates of George Gurdjieff.

The Jews made a meal of those distortions. Think of Abram's mockery of those who worshipped stone and wooden figures.

Oh, really?

Think I told you of a never-to-be-forgotten sight in a Spanish cathedral. It was the most extreme example I saw of walls lined with niches for saints. In front of one, behind the platform of burning candles, two young boys were praying fervently, clearly in deep trouble (smashed a window with their football, maybe?).

What were they praying to? A plaster model? Or a representative of the saint, maybe even the saint there in person to hear their pleas?

Abram lied.

Then there is the Asherah pole.

What is that, exactly?

A lump of wood?

Or a date palm pole, representative of the Mother Goddess, Queen of Heaven and, possibly?, consort of the Canaanite deity which morphed into the Jewish deity?

All too often believers know nothing at all about how the ancients perceived life as they lived it. How many actually look up the significance of all those trees which have mythological significance; the Druids and their oak, Yggdrasil, the Bodhi Tree, the banyan and other fig trees, willow, birch, ash, apple, hazel, alder, elder, cedar, yew and all the rest (including, of course, the Tree of Knowledge, symbiont of the Amanita muscaria). Who today understands their significance, maybe apart from genuine Wiccans? Oh, lovely; I mistyped wicccan and was offered Anglican instead.)

When I get my act together I intend to go back to the sacred trees, birds, and animals to determine their origin as mythological symbols, a search much further back than most will ever have heard of.

Why is such a seemingly unimportant bird as the wren so important in mythology? Not just in Europe but in Native American cultures such as the Hopi and the Pueblo?

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
New info on the KJV

https://www.thedailybeast.com/...ing-method-they-hate

He he he.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4093 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, and it's been a couple of years since I have been involved in it, so I'm a little rusty on the particulars at this time. But ultimately, Israel is not a place, it is a people whose name is a message:

The tricky part is returning to the land of your fathers. Which fathers makes a huge difference.

Well yeah. And...was the text changed at some point...?

And did God not give them the land in which he sowed them...? Remember, they were to become "many nations" (a nation and a company of nations).

Posts: 4093 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Guess I'm gonna have to read up on the Persian/Babylonian culture and Zoroastrian religion... Haven't gotten that far yet.

There was a humorous post on the Onion about Netenyahu demanding the Zoroastrian Fire Temple back as it belonged to their ancestors along the rest of Iran.

LOL, good bloody luck with that!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Entheogens don't "create" anything. They simply produce an altered state of consciousness, through which "some" people can experience spiritual phenomena. And then there are "some" people who don't require entheogen enablers for such experiences.

My goodness, yet again I am indebted to you:

https://spiritualityhealth.com...s-spiritual-explorer
Though this history has been largely obfuscated by prohibitionist attitudes and misinformation, entheogens—substances that “generate the experience of God within”—hold a special place in the development of world religions and countless spiritual traditions. “Psychedelics,” as entheogens are often called, were not something discovered in the countercultural 1960s but in fact can be traced back to the very dawn of human cultures. Many of the earliest human artifacts—from mushroom shaman effigies in prehistoric African cave paintings to marijuana incense burners in shrines in ancient Europe—depict entheogenic fungi and plants with clear associations to ritual and religious activity. The “foods of the gods” have been with us from the beginning.

One of these days I'm gonna collect, LOL!

quote:
BTW I did not say entheogens "created" anything.

What I did say say is entheogens may give us access to neuron modules which are not accessible in a natural state of consciousness.

You consistently say things like: "So far, I have yet to find any religion which does not have its origin in entheogens" shortly after posting something similar to "soma-created the gods."

quote:
As for those who do not require entheogen enablers for such experiences, one needs to be careful here.

Natural brain hallucinogens do exist, do affect us.

Orthodox science is not keen on exploring this, however it has been suggested, for example, that some people do create excessive DMT and off they go.

No names, no pack drill, however I have long believed one poster we know has experienced that more than once.

Yep. As have I...but to a much lesser degree. In fact, she was able to help me "unpack" mine. And neither of us are into "drugs."

There was another...but they disappeared off the Amazon forum long before it folded up.

quote:
Meant to post these earlier:

https://www.theatlantic.com/he...pic-drug-use/282484/
On Good Friday 1962, two groups of students received either psilocybin or niacin (a nonhallucinogenic "control" substance) on a double-blind basis prior to the service in Boston University's Marsh Chapel. Following the service nearly the entire group receiving psilocybin reported having had a profound religious experience, compared to just a few in the control group. This result was therefore judged to have supported the entheogenic potential of hallucinogenic drug use. Interestingly, the experiment has subsequently been repeated under somewhat different and arguably better controlled circumstances and the results were substantially the same.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...GriffithspsilocybinQ
Commenting on the Griffiths et al. study, Smith said:
"Mystical experience seems to be as old as humankind, forming the core of many if not all of the great religious traditions. Some ancient cultures, such as classical Greece, and some contemporary small-scale cultures, have made use of psychoactive plants and chemicals to occasion such experiences. But this is the first scientific demonstration in 40 years, and the most rigorous ever, that profound mystical states can be produced safely in the laboratory. The potential is great."

Wouldn't mind having a few more of those "mystical states" myself...

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought the Sibylline Oracles were virtually completely destroyed by 365-408 C.E.

http://www.sacred-texts.com/cla/sib/index.htm
As the translator notes, this collection should more properly titled 'the Pseudo-Sibylline Oracles'...

Yeah I prefer the modern Cassiopaen channeling which has the Tower of Babel destroyed too and there are other sources for that like Josephus.

quote:
As for what can be done with numbers...

I'm a regular viewer of UK dramas; twice a week the ad breaks include the Lotto draw. Just for the fun of it one night I checked the drawn numbers against the four used to identify the draw.

It worked.

Since that first night, never a draw goes by without an "amazing" mystical correlation.

As always, of course, I see, in mythological metaphors such as 7, information which relies, as you have noted, on new interpretations of long-forgotten or deliberately distorted mythologies. Look at the dates of George Gurdjieff.

I'm often OK with more recent things since channeling can be redone at any time. Zoroaster and Vedic sources may be newer than Younger Dryas times or even older 40,000 year old Zurvan lion times but that does not mean they can't be channeling again to get the information again. Modern channeling mentions that Gurdjieff's system of hydrogens which is used to label the Enneagram was clever. I looked at them and realized it was just assigning bivectors in a circular order to the Enneagram's law of 7. As far as I knew I was the only person writing papers assigning Jungian bivectors to Enneagram vertices but really Gurdjieff beat me to it even if instead of using Jung in a clear easy to see way, he used some weird hydrogen element scheme. The scheme though represented bivectors which is better than Collin who just used planets and days of the week. It's like the way the Zodiac points get represented with elements (this is actually a Jungian bivector scheme).

quote:
The Jews made a meal of those distortions. Think of Abram's mockery of those who worshipped stone and wooden figures.

Oh, really?

Think I told you of a never-to-be-forgotten sight in a Spanish cathedral. It was the most extreme example I saw of walls lined with niches for saints. In front of one, behind the platform of burning candles, two young boys were praying fervently, clearly in deep trouble (smashed a window with their football, maybe?).

What were they praying to? A plaster model? Or a representative of the saint, maybe even the saint there in person to hear their pleas?

Abram lied.

Then there is the Asherah pole.

What is that, exactly?

A lump of wood?

Or a date palm pole, representative of the Mother Goddess, Queen of Heaven and, possibly?, consort of the Canaanite deity which morphed into the Jewish deity?

All too often believers know nothing at all about how the ancients perceived life as they lived it. How many actually look up the significance of all those trees which have mythological significance; the Druids and their oak, Yggdrasil, the Bodhi Tree, the banyan and other fig trees, willow, birch, ash, apple, hazel, alder, elder, cedar, yew and all the rest (including, of course, the Tree of Knowledge, symbiont of the Amanita muscaria). Who today understands their significance, maybe apart from genuine Wiccans? Oh, lovely; I mistyped wicccan and was offered Anglican instead.)

When I get my act together I intend to go back to the sacred trees, birds, and animals to determine their origin as mythological symbols, a search much further back than most will ever have heard of.

Why is such a seemingly unimportant bird as the wren so important in mythology? Not just in Europe but in Native American cultures such as the Hopi and the Pueblo?

For me, the Guardian of the Cedar Forest was an aura clad comet and the Norse world tree was a glowing rainbow bridge meteor stream in the ecliptic.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Isra: Contends/Prevails.
el: God.
God prevails.

Judah was the fourth son of Jacob.
Judah: Praise.

That is something I want to do when I get the right tuit.

We all, me included, make a serious mistake when we fail to check the meanings of names involved in, especially, mythology.

All too often the name is not a personal name. Instead, it is an attribute. Augustus is one example. It actually was a title given to Octavian when he assumed power.

Means "great" or "venerable", derived from Latin augere "to increase". Augustus was the title given to Octavian, the first Roman emperor. He was the adopted son of Julius Caesar who rose to power through a combination of military skill and political prowess. wiki

So, how many "names" in the Bible are nothing more than an attribute of a person whose name we will never know.

My baby sis was really into the meaning of names and places. When she stayed with me a while back, I got her all sorts of books on the subject. Learned a little in the processSmile   :)

quote:
Goes further, too, but the news is on.

Hey... Trump as a Nobel Prize winner???

The reality, IMO, is the Chinese have put great pressure on North Korea because they reckon Trump is idiot enough to start WWIII.

He and Netanyahu are a definite danger.

Despite their Islamic beliefs, the Iranians are one of us, and need to be treated as the highly intelligent people they are instead of Trump's ignorant assessment.

Nobel Prize winner? Pfft, what a putz!

Yep, without China in this mix, I'm afraid the two ego maniacs would be whizzing on each other with bombs.

And yep, without the US' backing, Netanyahu would have to shut up and start treating his relatives as human beings.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Whew! 90 degrees today and it ain't even Summer yet!

Time for some Summer Pasta Salad...

12 oz. jar Pickled Crispy Asparagus (pickled green beans work well too)
https://www.burpy.com/kroger/t...oduct-detail/1813395

2 oz. Sliced Black Olives drained and rinsed
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mar...ced-2-25-Oz/10323350

8 to 12 oz. Baby Corn drained and rinsed, cut in half
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Pam...-Corn-12-oz/33339497

2 oz. Banana Pepper Rings drained
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Mez...Rings-16-Oz/10313640

7.5 oz. Jarred Marinated Artichoke Hearts
https://www.amazon.com/Reese-M...-Ounce/dp/B001HTP2Y2

1 Medium Tomato, chopped (seeds removed)

6 Oz. Rotini Pasta cooked al dente and drained
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Bar...tini-1-0-LB/10309181

About 8 oz. Zesty Italian Dressing
https://www.walmart.com/ip/Kra...an-16-fl-oz/10295687

Place all prepared ingredients in a large covered bowl and refrigerate overnight to marinate. Can also add cubed cooked chicken and/or sliced pepperoni (my sister adds cooked shrimp). But it is great with no meats at all. I eat from it all week long in the summer.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
New info on the KJV

He he he.

My thanks, as I missed this one. It explains much.

I was brought up on the KJV in James VI's Scotland, so I know far more than does Candida. No big deal, I was brought up in a different culture.

When trying to communicate with Tonya I repeatedly said the translators themselves, in their preface, said they were not creating a new translation. Instead, they were making existing translations better*. I even listed some of the earlier translators James' scholars used, especially Wycliffe, and the RCC Douay–Rheims NT.

I went to the bother of buying Gordon Campbell's (another Scot) Bible: The Story of the King James Version, 1611-2011. One recollection is none of the king's men knew Koine Greek!

In addition, I pointed out that James insisted his version supported both his belief in the Divine Right of Kings (who mentioned politics?) and his battle with Cromwell's mob, who wanted nothing to do with "Roman" bishops.

*I'm thoroughly confused, probably because of my CB. Was certain I read an extract from the preface in Bryan's link, but now can't find it.

WTF?

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
You consistently say things like: "So far, I have yet to find any religion which does not have its origin in entheogens" shortly after posting something similar to "soma-created the gods."

Nope.

What I do say is both Zarathustra and the Hindus say that. My apologies for not making it perfectly clear that instead, in my opinion, entheogens give us access to neuron modules which are normally suppressed.

quote:

Is the good stuff not yet available in your State?

I strongly recommend that, when you do get around to it (my round tuit), you make sure you have the right people there to look after you, at least the first time. The smoke can be harsh, which is why I got back on tobacco a decade or so ago. Maybe you can bake Alice B. Toklas brownies.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.co...o-weed-brownies-n696
https://dangerousminds.net/com...e_b._toklas_cookbook

I would not have credited some of the experiences I have now, the distinct understanding we are all part of the One. Sometimes it is no big deal, just a new way of seeing trees, clouds, varying shades of the setting sun. It is a sense of complete unity.

You should hear me discussing matters especially with my territorial lorikeet mates.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would not have credited some of the experiences I have now, the distinct understanding we are all part of the One. Sometimes it is no big deal, just a new way of seeing trees, clouds, varying shades of the setting sun. It is a sense of complete unity.

You should hear me discussing matters especially with my territorial lorikeet mates.

There are personality and depression/obsession/stress reducing effects that can be permanent and perhaps this helped the young Zoroaster who did go through rituals to become a channeler of information. Later however he did not like the idea of getting drunk on the experience in rituals.

There are certainly illegal drugs with similar effects. Jonathan Haidt in his "Righteous Mind" book mentions a description of using ecstasy at a rave:

quote:
What I experienced next changed my perspective forever.… Yes, the decorations and lasers were pretty cool, and yes, this was the largest single room full of people dancing that I had ever seen. But neither of those things explained the feeling of awe that I was experiencing … As someone who is usually known as being the most logical and rational person in a group, I was surprised to find myself swept with an overwhelming sense of spirituality—not in the religious sense, but a sense of deep connection with everyone who was there as well as the rest of the universe. There was a feeling of no judgment.… Here there was no sense of self-consciousness or feeling that anyone was dancing to be seen dancing.… Everyone was facing the DJ, who was elevated up on a stage.… The entire room felt like one massive, united tribe of thousands of people, and the DJ was the tribal leader of the group.… The steady wordless electronic beats were the unifying heartbeats that synchronized the crowd. It was as if the existence of individual consciousness had disappeared and been replaced by a single unifying group consciousness.

Haidt, Jonathan. The Righteous Mind: Why Good People Are Divided by Politics and Religion (pp. 268-269). Knopf Doubleday Publishing Group. Kindle Edition.

Haidt refers to this as "flipping the hive switch" and he does mention mushrooms, ayahuasca, and peyote being able to flip the switch too. Raves are basically a more modern version of the rituals that Zoroaster and the Aztecs and their neighbors went through.

Zoroaster though wanted to focus on going beyond the experience (especially getting too drunk on it) and getting information which is mostly what we all do here aka research with some channeled (some received without knowing it) hints.

The all is one thing is also considered the highest development level for personality models. From John Fudjack:

quote:
At the fifth level of development of the feeling function, the individual begins to experience what Thich Nhat Hahn calls 'interbeing'. At this level it is recognized that in some basic (ie, 'ontological') sense, we are 'one' with each other. The 'individual' is a 'singularity' in the intersubjective field, a construct. We are essentially SOCIAL beings, in the most profound sense of the word.

At the fifth level of development of the thinking function, thought comprehends its own nature, conceiving itself. The 'one' gives birth to itself by turning back on itself - simultaneously becoming container and contained - reflectively telescoping itself out into an infinite series of nested 'chinese boxes' that wraps back around on itself. This capacity to 'act upon one's self' is appreciated as the primordial core around which 'will' and 'intentionality' comes into being, and 'control' over the outside world becomes possible.

At the fifth level of development of the intuitive function, the individual participates in the co-creation of the socio-symbolic fields in which she is immersed. An appreciation for complex (and paradoxical) whole-part relationships emerge - holographic, fractal organizations which wrap back around on themselves in such a way that the part 'includes' the whole, and the largest is experienced as 'within' the smallest. An undifferentiated holistic awareness that is not 'object-oriented' is realized and integrated into everyday bifurcated consciousness.

At the fifth level of development of the sensing function, the individual is more likely to be able to directly experience the phenomenon of 'embodiment' - from the 'inside out', as it were, as a 'movement' that precedes our perception of the re-ified and alienated 'thing' that we call the 'body'. We observe the 'real' world with the sophisticated eyes of modern science, in its multiple levels of description, as implicate and explicate order.

Kind of wild for just a personality theorist not using drugs. He is however very into meditation with mandala figures like the Shri Yantra and I suppose like with drugs if one is studying it for knowledge of the oneness structure rather than getting drunk on it (as Zoroaster phrases it); it's OK.

Fudjack's Shri Yantra description:

quote:

In much the same way in which Jung sought to better understand the obscure elements in an individual's dream by drawing on the symbols that are their counterparts in mythology (a practice he called 'amplification'), in these papers we attempt to shed light on the Enneagram by comparing it to various other mandala figures about which more is known. To this end we explore the Shri Yantra and the Tibetan 'mandala practice'. But as the insights that are embodied in these systems seem not to be exclusively the product of Eastern minds and may in fact be universal, we will also turn our attention in this paper, albeit only for a brief moment, to another mystical system that seeks to describe the manner in which spirit 'emanates' into matter - the Kabbalah. It also has apparently been diagrammed as a three-dimensional 'torus'.

The Shri Yantra, an ancient Indian figure that was designed for use as an object of meditation... 'The Shri Yantra, in its formal content, is a visual masterpiece of abstraction', they say, 'and must have been created through revelation rather than by human ingenuity and craft'. This is high praise indeed, and might seem, at first, like an exaggeration. But it is not...

As such, this figure represents, in an exemplary fashion, the manner in which the mandala succeeds in reconciling the two incommensurable 'orders' that we participate in as human beings - the unborn 'eternal' order, and the manifest 'temporal' order...

Torus wrap around inside out Chinese box structure very much entangles us in time and space with emanations that can be channeled. The general structure is useful for lots of things:

http://www.csidiagnostics.com/about-the-methodology
https://scontent-lax3-1.xx.fbc...0dbc80cc&oe=5B87FD85
http://www.soul-guidance.com/h...flifetraditional.htm

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
New info on the KJV

He he he.

My thanks, as I missed this one. It explains much.

I was brought up on the KJV in James VI's Scotland, so I know far more than does Candida. No big deal, I was brought up in a different culture.

When trying to communicate with Tonya I repeatedly said the translators themselves, in their preface, said they were not creating a new translation. Instead, they were making existing translations better*. I even listed some of the earlier translators James' scholars used, especially Wycliffe, and the RCC Douay–Rheims NT.

Tonya was saturated in religious indoctrination. She couldn't hear anything from outside her indoctrination sources.
quote:
I went to the bother of buying Gordon Campbell's (another Scot) Bible: The Story of the King James Version, 1611-2011. One recollection is none of the king's men knew Koine Greek!

In addition, I pointed out that James insisted his version supported both his belief in the Divine Right of Kings (who mentioned politics?) and his battle with Cromwell's mob, who wanted nothing to do with "Roman" bishops.

Correct on all three counts.

quote:
*I'm thoroughly confused, probably because of my CB. Was certain I read an extract from the preface in Bryan's link, but now can't find it.

WTF?

Now, now. I looked at it again and couldn't find it there. But then, I didn't see it there the first time either. Try these:

Scanned Copy:
https://library.osu.edu/innova...ators-preface-to-the

Updated Spelling Version:
http://www.ccel.org/bible/kjv/preface/pref1.htm

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Nope.

What I do say is both Zarathustra and the Hindus say that. My apologies for not making it perfectly clear that instead, in my opinion, entheogens give us access to neuron modules which are normally suppressed.

OK if you say so.

quote:

quote:
Is the good stuff not yet available in your State?

I strongly recommend that, when you do get around to it (my round tuit), you make sure you have the right people there to look after you, at least the first time. The smoke can be harsh, which is why I got back on tobacco a decade or so ago. Maybe you can bake Alice B. Toklas brownies.
https://www.royalqueenseeds.co...o-weed-brownies-n696
https://dangerousminds.net/com...e_b._toklas_cookbook

What you call "good stuff" just doesn't work for me. I'm thinking psilocybin or mescaline would be a much better match for me. But in small doses, because I do tend to overreact to certain types of drugs - even natural ones.

And yes, I understand the unity thing. I got it by contemplating the universe(s), and God as Spirit, Omnipresent, Omniscient, and Omnipotent. Because if God is Spirit, and if God is Omnipresent, then we all exist within God. That would mean that God permeates everything. So how can we (and "creation") not all be One?

Don't you recall me taking Cheri to task for continually stating that "God can't be in the presence of sin"? She was another who couldn't hear anything from outside her indoctrination sources. She would say silly things like "Hell exists because God can't be in the presence of sin." I would ask her if she believed God was Omnipresent" and she would, of course, say "Yes." And I would say "Then God would have to be in hell as well." She quite simply could not wrap her brain around it. So of course, she would tell me that I was the one who didn't understand...

Have done the same with some of my brothers and sisters. They just give me the "dear in the headlights" stare and move on. They can't even bring themselves to contemplate it.

Anyway, I have my little chats with Miz Baby. As long as I'm petting her at the same time, she is willing to listen to just about anything Smile   :)

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
We are in for a long and rainy week due to a tropical disturbance in the Gulf of Mexico. Florida has already been inundated and it is moving our way - then up the east coast.

One or two rainy days don't seem to bother me so much, but if it goes into three or four days - or heaven forbid - a week, I sink into a deep depression. So if I seem out of sorts for the next week or so, that is likely the reason why, so please just forgive me.

And never mind that I just had the lawn mowed and all the hedges trimmed by a new (and more expensive) lawn service. With all this rain, it will be growing like weeds!