Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
You forget Adam's rebellion.

Adam never rebelled.

Instead, like any dutiful husband, he merely did what his wife told him to do.

Eve, of course, was the Jewish version of the Greek Pandora.

Given that the first humans are now said to have evolved some 300,000 years ago, I very much doubt that gardening was one of their occupations.

Adam rebelled. And his wife was the Holy Spirit, Eve. Whom he divorced.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich

Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Report This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Of random interest,

https://www.diffen.com/difference/Heaven_vs_Hell

bryan j borich

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Adam lacked caution and strayed from his network (an overly relying on self rebel of sorts) thus Adam fell to matter (cross/body) divorced from Eve (rose/silenced higher consciousness).

Perhaps one can fix the problem in a Heinlein-like way by forming a "Church of All Worlds" out of the existing yet flawed gnostic ideas with improved psychic connection back to Eve and each other and "grokking thou art God" to form a Paul-like "human superior" and avoid "Martians" giving us the doomed fate of the "fifth planet".

This doesn't mean the physical is bad; it just means we are in a learning environment hence we have to learn as you say a new language. If we don't we fall even further into matter (hellish) before rising again towards higher consciousness (heavenly).

In Zoraster terms we've kind of meandered around the three cosmic eras:

https://www.themystica.com/zoroastrianism/

quote:
The previous description is of the second time in cosmic history as Zoroaster envisioned it. To him, cosmic history was divided or spaced within three times or eras. In the first time era “Creation” Ahura Mazda brought all things in a disembodied state, called in Pahlavi, “menog,” or “spiritual immaterial.” To this he added the “material” or “getig” existence, which was better because it possessed perfection that the menog state did not have. The getig state was of solid and sentient form which completed the two states that constituted the act of Creation, called in the Pahlavi “Bundahishn.” The completion of the getig state signaled the start of Angra Mainyu’s evil attack. According to the myth in Pahlavi works, he broke in violently through the lower bowl of the stone sky, thus ruining its perfection. Then he plunged upward through the water, turning much of it in salt, and attacked the earth, creating deserts. There he withered the plant, and slew the uniquely-created Bull and the first man. Finally he fell upon the seventh creation, fire, and sullied it with smoke, so that he had physically blighted all the good creation.

He is basically describing Ein Sof (or Zurvan in Zoroastrianism terms or Brahman in Allan's Hindu terms) heaven then semi-physical but still Heinlein quite psychokinetic Eden then fall to fully physical Earth (with some comet damage). Don't want to fall further aka primordial matter hell (though there's no way but up from there).

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I doubt that Heinlein fully understood what he was writing.....

Just as well I know not to bother asking you to back up your allegation.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3004 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Adam lacked caution and strayed from his network (an overly relying on self rebel of sorts) thus Adam fell to matter (cross/body) divorced from Eve (rose/silenced higher consciousness).

Given that the Bible Adam never existed, and that the first "man" probably appeared some 300,000 years ago. why is it necessary to stick with this limited fable?

Clearly, few if any Jews gave any importance to the story. How often do Adam, Eve, and the Serpent re-appear in the Tanakh?

Compare that with their return in the NT after the exile in Babylon?
quote:

Perhaps one can fix the problem in a Heinlein-like way by forming a "Church of All Worlds" out of the existing yet flawed gnostic ideas with improved psychic connection back to Eve and each other and "grokking thou art God" to form a Paul-like "human superior" and avoid "Martians" giving us the doomed fate of the "fifth planet".
This doesn't mean the physical is bad; it just means we are in a learning environment hence we have to learn as you say a new language. If we don't we fall even further into matter (hellish) before rising again towards higher consciousness (heavenly).

You are right, we do indeed need a fresh approach, a new language: the scientific approach and language of neuropsychology.

Given what we have learned over the past 150 years or so, why must we stick with long-outmoded concepts which bear no relationship with life as we know it today?

Didn't someone here recently quote Bishop Spong's daughter saying much the same thing?

If God gave us our brains, why do we not put them to the best use?

Posts: 3004 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given that the Bible Adam never existed, and that the first "man" probably appeared some 300,000 years ago. why is it necessary to stick with this limited fable?

I'm just as OK with the Wizard of Oz as I am with Adam & Eve. It's only a symbolic rendition of what happened 300,000 years ago. Unfortunately about the only physical evidence from that long ago is the sudden appearance of tools all over Africa. This does surprise researchers in that they would have thought the tools would show up first in one local region first. It is like something happened that forced the whole continent into tool use quite quickly.

quote:
You are right, we do indeed need a fresh approach, a new language: the scientific approach and language of neuropsychology.

Well my favorite church is called "Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind" which seems nicely Heinlein-like otherworldly. It is co-owned by a Humboldt Prize winning physicist and his hypnotherapist, NeurOptimal neurofeedback/ouija board using wife. This seems nicely Heinlein psychic as well as nicely scientific/neuropsychology based.

The new language thing related to Bryan's use though would be more a learning from symbolism thing like in The Wizard of Oz and Stranger in a Strange Land as well as Adam & Eve, Lucifer, and Zoroaster's "first man". Modern channeling tends to reference symbolism too as in this from the most recent session I read:

quote:
Q: (L) Well, according to the postmodernists, there is no objective reality. They say that everything people think is completely culturally conditioned, and one truth is no more true than another truth or whatever.

A: That will backfire tragically. Think "Tower of Babel."

(L) So in other words, this whole left attempt to take over our world is sort of what 2nd Thessalonians referred to as man attempting to take the seat of god in the temple, so to speak?

A: Yes. The Beast.

A: Indeed. But do not get misled by labels because the right has similar tendencies.

and I suspect symbols like labels can mislead so one does have to be careful when learning a new language or else one can get separated from their Kansas network and not find the yellow brick road with their Oz network.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm just as OK with the Wizard of Oz as I am with Adam & Eve. It's only a symbolic rendition of what happened 300,000 years ago. Unfortunately about the only physical evidence from that long ago is the sudden appearance of tools all over Africa. This does surprise researchers in that they would have thought the tools would show up first in one local region first. It is like something happened that forced the whole continent into tool use quite quickly.

What was strange about those tools?

Many animals use tools, and the oldest tools I know of date back to about 3.3 million years ago, long before we appeared on the scene.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...hed-kenya-180955341/
That’s the conclusion of an analysis published today in Nature of the oldest stone tools yet discovered. Unearthed in a dried-up riverbed in Kenya, the shards of scarred rock, including what appear to be early hammers and cutting instruments, predate the previous record holder by around 700,000 years. Though it’s unclear who made the tools, the find is the latest and most convincing in a string of evidence that toolmaking began before any members of the **** genus walked the Earth.
quote:

Well my favorite church is called "Fellowship of the Cosmic Mind" which seems nicely Heinlein-like otherworldly. It is co-owned by a Humboldt Prize winning physicist and his hypnotherapist, NeurOptimal neurofeedback/ouija board using wife. This seems nicely Heinlein psychic as well as nicely scientific/neuropsychology based.
The new language thing related to Bryan's use though would be more a learning from symbolism thing like in The Wizard of Oz and Stranger in a Strange Land as well as Adam & Eve, Lucifer, and Zoroaster's "first man". Modern channeling tends to reference symbolism too as in this from the most recent session I read:
quote:
Q: (L) Well, according to the postmodernists, there is no objective reality. They say that everything people think is completely culturally conditioned, and one truth is no more true than another truth or whatever.

A: That will backfire tragically. Think "Tower of Babel."

(L) So in other words, this whole left attempt to take over our world is sort of what 2nd Thessalonians referred to as man attempting to take the seat of god in the temple, so to speak?

A: Yes. The Beast.

A: Indeed. But do not get misled by labels because the right has similar tendencies.

and I suspect symbols like labels can mislead so one does have to be careful when learning a new language or else one can get separated from their Kansas network and not find the yellow brick road with their Oz network.

I've never had any problem with reading something then studying what it actually means. I knew Frank Herbert understood his mythologies, yet I later learned I had indeed missed some of it. I doubt any novelist could match Lewis Carroll when it comes to hidden meanings. Ever had the opportunity to see just what the mathematician Dodgdson was saying to the intellects of his time?

As for hypersensitivity, check this out:

"Alice's Adventures in Wonderland was originally banned in China and other parts of the world because some people objected to the animal characters being able to use human language. They felt this put animals on the same level as humans"(Banned). Alice's Adventures in Censorship - Lewis Carroll Alice in Wonderland https://sites.google.com/a/mar...rland/.../censorship

What happens, though, when stories such as the Tower of Babel make no sense at all -- unless, of course, you are convinced there is some knowledge which someone wants to deny us completely? No one has yet been able to explain this to me. Can you?

Babel, in the Bible, says one thing, and one thing only: The Lord said, “If as one people speaking the same language they have begun to do this, then nothing they plan to do will be impossible for them. 7 Come, let us go down and confuse their language so they will not understand each other.”

Could not be any clearer. No mention of us trying to replace the deities, trying to reach Heaven, no mention of us actually doing anything morally wrong.

Just as Adam must not eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life and gain immortality to become fully equal to the gods, so women and men must not be permitted to work together in harmony the way our genetic programming dictates.

So who needs to deny us this vital knowledge, and what is it exactly?

As for the "interpretations" of Babel, they make even less sense.

We are told those legendary flood survivors were told to "go forth and multiply". So what did they do? They turned to farming, built a city, and were punished for doing so.

That punishment, of course, is in total opposition to the command they were given.

Take three tribes, each with 100 people. One stays as hunter-gatherers, one turns to nomadic herding, one turns to farming.

Come back a century later, and which tribe has "multiplied"?

The Bible, we are told, is God's divine revelation to his Chosen People, in some instances his own words, in others the inspiration he raised in mortal men.

So how did he go with his communication?

How many Judaisms, how many Christianities, how many Islams?

All from one inspired book.

Then, to extend JR's metaphor, how many Synagogueianities, how many Churchianities, how many Mosqueianities?

How many man-devised volumes are there in the two Talmuds which have been found necessary to interpret God's inspired word correctly? How many books have the Church Fathers written in order to explain the New Testament?

Is it any wonder this proof-reader offered his services to God?

http://www.talmudunmasked.com/chapter2.htm
Also when there are differences of opinion between the Law and the doctors, both must be taken as the words of the Lord God.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OFzk-Zl9oQY

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Could not be any clearer. No mention of us trying to replace the deities, trying to reach Heaven, no mention of us actually doing anything morally wrong.

Got sort of left out. But it might seem we made the same mistake then as now. Poisoning the world to the point we kill almost all of humanity off.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I doubt that Heinlein fully understood what he was writing.....

Just as well I know not to bother asking you to back up your allegation.

How do you prove the non-material?

However, like most artists, Heinlein was channeling.

bryan j borich

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

In Zoraster terms we've kind of meandered around the three cosmic eras:

https://www.themystica.com/zoroastrianism/

quote:
The previous description is of the second time in cosmic history as Zoroaster envisioned it. To him, cosmic history was divided or spaced within three times or eras. In the first time era “Creation” Ahura Mazda brought all things in a disembodied state, called in Pahlavi, “menog,” or “spiritual immaterial.” To this he added the “material” or “getig” existence, which was better because it possessed perfection that the menog state did not have. The getig state was of solid and sentient form which completed the two states that constituted the act of Creation, called in the Pahlavi “Bundahishn.” The completion of the getig state signaled the start of Angra Mainyu’s evil attack. According to the myth in Pahlavi works, he broke in violently through the lower bowl of the stone sky, thus ruining its perfection. Then he plunged upward through the water, turning much of it in salt, and attacked the earth, creating deserts. There he withered the plant, and slew the uniquely-created Bull and the first man. Finally he fell upon the seventh creation, fire, and sullied it with smoke, so that he had physically blighted all the good creation.

He is basically describing Ein Sof (or Zurvan in Zoroastrianism terms or Brahman in Allan's Hindu terms) heaven then semi-physical but still Heinlein quite psychokinetic Eden then fall to fully physical Earth (with some comet damage). Don't want to fall further aka primordial matter hell (though there's no way but up from there).

Well, while I didn't fully grok Stranger till I went through the process, Heinlein was essentially rewriting the Gospels in a Gnostic way. Mike represented his Jesus (from my viewpoint more likely Thomas, but that's another story).

The major part missing from the Adam story is that the Father demanded we pay obeisance to Him, we refused because we thought we were His equal (hence the story elsewhere about Satan and his pride and the fall). When that occured the Father created the material world to jail Adam in. And cursed Eve (the 'Mother') to give birth to us (born from above, baptism by Water).

Roughly anyway. The short dirty story.

bryan j borich

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Thanks, Bryan.

It is bird time so, like Schwarzenegger, I'll be back.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Got sort of left out. But it might seem we made the same mistake then as now. Poisoning the world to the point we kill almost all of humanity off.

I know it does not go down well, and so far have yet to find a way of expressing myself in a manner which can be accepted.

I was born and brought up in a political family, began as a Christian; my Socialist Dad ran for council when I was about 6 or 7. One of his targets was the slums, his aim to make a better life for those living there. He failed. Why? Because the slum landlords were the Church.

Meant to watch a World Cup game last night, and instead watched the 1998 Man in the Iron Mask.

Synchronicity Rules OK

As you'd expect, I was reminded that it was not just French Royalty which led to the French Revolution. French Upper-Class Christians also enjoyed the luxurious depravity of Versailles while their fellow Parisians starved to dearth.

It is hard to accept, I know, however politics and religion have been hand in glove since we first created our deities. Pharaohs were Osiris Himself and, as we know, my fellow Scot James VI had the Bible re-written to enforce his Divine Right of Kings.

I was born and brought up in a class society, led and driven by people who were accepted as devout Christians. I know what those self-proclaimed Christians did to my culture -- the Highland Clearances, the Irish potato famine, the enormous city slums to name but three -- and to the cultures of the First Nations in the Americas, Africa, Australia. I doubt many know what the New Zealand Maoris were subjected to.

I know my own cultural history.

For me, unacceptable as it is to so many, we make a fatal mistake when we place our spiritual life in one book, one culture.

You mention our destruction of our world.

USA politicians, as with many Western cultures, make a virtue of their Christianity, yet we see today your President destroying First Nation sacred sites in order to make a profit. How much of our planet's pollution is generated in the Christian West, the Muslim East?

Our ancient forebears, because of their lack of knowledge, did harm their environment. However, that was never their intention. Their world was One, everything in it containing and part of the One Spirit.

It was not until we turned to farming, then private property, then organised religion, that we failed our duty as stewards of our planet.

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
What was strange about those tools?

Many animals use tools, and the oldest tools I know of date back to about 3.3 million years ago, long before we appeared on the scene.

https://www.sott.net/article/3...n-previously-thought

quote:
But here's the thing: abundant evidence makes it increasingly clear that the Middle Stone Age didn't emerge in one location at the purported dawn of humanity. Instead, there was a wholesale, continent-wide shift to this new technology around 300,000 years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Middle_Stone_Age

quote:
Artifact technology during the Middle Stone Age shows a pattern of innovation followed by disappearance. This occurs with technology such as the manufacture of shell beads,[19] arrows and hide working tools including needles,[20] and gluing technology.[21] These pieces of evidence provide a counterpoint to the classic "Out of Africa" scenario in which increasing complexity accumulated during the Middle Stone Age. Instead, it has been argued that such technological innovations "appear, disappear and re-appear in a way that best fits a scenario in which historical contingencies and environmental rather than cognitive changes are seen as main drivers".

So it's not the tools that are odd but the pattern of how the tools showed up that is odd. In other words it's like the whole continent already knew how to make the tools but didn't actually need to do it until some kind of historical/environmental change caused them to do it. This change, whatever it was, matches dates with the "fall" according to modern channeling.

quote:
What happens, though, when stories such as the Tower of Babel make no sense at all -- unless, of course, you are convinced there is some knowledge which someone wants to deny us completely? No one has yet been able to explain this to me. Can you?... No mention of us trying to replace the deities, trying to reach Heaven, no mention of us actually doing anything morally wrong.

Genesis 11:4 does mention reaching heaven. The problem was more like with postmodernism aka legislating what all should be doing aka forcing a unification of the masses aka playing god by saying what is the only right thing for all (when they are really quite clueless). At least Churchianity usually allows people not to be in the church if desired but postmodernism/Babel aimed in the direction of no choice aka fascism.

quote:
(L) They were joining together to build this tower in order to reach heaven, and then God made them all speak different languages and scattered them all over. So the “unification of the masses” under the umbrella of Postmodernism has its own seeds of destruction of society contained within?

A: Right. Think of the strong fascist trend of the modern left.

quote:
Just as Adam must not eat of the fruit of the Tree of Life and gain immortality to become fully equal to the gods, so women and men must not be permitted to work together in harmony the way our genetic programming dictates.

So who needs to deny us this vital knowledge, and what is it exactly?

Nothing wrong with the fruit really or Dorothy's dog but if you lack caution and run off from the help of your network and serpents/witches are around, it becomes a learning experience before you can realize there's no place like home/Eden.

quote:
We are told those legendary flood survivors were told to "go forth and multiply". So what did they do? They turned to farming, built a city, and were punished for doing so.

Go forth and multiply doesn't mean become fascists (or mess up the land via agriculture and private property).

quote:
All from one inspired book.

which of course is just a collection of stories from all over; lots of similar stories from elsewhere to look at too.

quote:
Also when there are differences of opinion between the Law and the doctors, both must be taken as the words of the Lord God.

Well you kind of have to do your own research even if it ends up in surprising places like Hittites and Julius Caesar and the Wizard of Oz.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Do me a favour please, folks.

Look up Lord Howe Island on Google Earth.

A bloody long way from the rest of real world, isolated in its own corner of the Pacific Ocean.

Each year, tens of thousands of its sea birds die of starvation.

Why?

Because there are no fish in its corner of the Pacific Ocean?

Nope.

Because their stomachs are so filled with human pollution, plastics especially, that they can not digest the fish they do catch.

God bless tall those Judaeo-Christians he created as stewards of his world.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I know it does not go down well, and so far have yet to find a way of expressing myself in a manner which can be accepted.

I was born and brought up in a political family, began as a Christian; my Socialist Dad ran for council when I was about 6 or 7. One of his targets was the slums, his aim to make a better life for those living there. He failed. Why? Because the slum landlords were the Church.

Meant to watch a World Cup game last night, and instead watched the 1998 Man in the Iron Mask.

Synchronicity Rules OK

As you'd expect, I was reminded that it was not just French Royalty which led to the French Revolution. French Upper-Class Christians also enjoyed the luxurious depravity of Versailles while their fellow Parisians starved to dearth.

It is hard to accept, I know, however politics and religion have been hand in glove since we first created our deities. Pharaohs were Osiris Himself and, as we know, my fellow Scot James VI had the Bible re-written to enforce his Divine Right of Kings.

I was born and brought up in a class society, led and driven by people who were accepted as devout Christians. I know what those self-proclaimed Christians did to my culture -- the Highland Clearances, the Irish potato famine, the enormous city slums to name but three -- and to the cultures of the First Nations in the Americas, Africa, Australia. I doubt many know what the New Zealand Maoris were subjected to.

I know my own cultural history.

For me, unacceptable as it is to so many, we make a fatal mistake when we place our spiritual life in one book, one culture.

You mention our destruction of our world.

USA politicians, as with many Western cultures, make a virtue of their Christianity, yet we see today your President destroying First Nation sacred sites in order to make a profit. How much of our planet's pollution is generated in the Christian West, the Muslim East?

Our ancient forebears, because of their lack of knowledge, did harm their environment. However, that was never their intention. Their world was One, everything in it containing and part of the One Spirit.

It was not until we turned to farming, then private property, then organised religion, that we failed our duty as stewards of our planet.

May i assume that you also know that “the wall” will divided a First Nation into two. AFAIK there is no plan for an entry point along that stretch to facilitate their movement through their land, not that that is sufficient for either the people or the wildlife.

Posts: 10737 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluelamp:[unquote/]

Will have to get back to this after a big World Cup night.

Seems, though, to put the assorted Bible revelations far outside reality.

Never was any "Fall" before we acquired private property, hence Capitalism.

At least Churchianity usually allows people not to be in the church if desired but postmodernism/Babel aimed in the direction of no choice aka fascism.

You have to be kidding.

Try telling the Catharists and Gnostics that.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
In a world so full of bad news lately, it's nice to see that there is still some good news:

Young Girl Helps Blind Deaf Man

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6575 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
In a world so full of bad news lately, it's nice to see that there is still some good news:

What a delightful story! Although I’m surprised that he was allowed to fly alone, I’m ecstatic that he was. I’ve recently seen others who cannot self rescue that didn’t require companions also, so maybe the airlines have figured out how to actually be helpful. Kudos to a teen doing positive things and making the news for it!

Posts: 10737 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:

What a delightful story! Although I’m surprised that he was allowed to fly alone, I’m ecstatic that he was. I’ve recently seen others who cannot self rescue that didn’t require companions also, so maybe the airlines have figured out how to actually be helpful. Kudos to a teen doing positive things and making the news for it!

Yeah, did my heart good!

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6575 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
May i assume that you also know that “the wall” will divided a First Nation into two. AFAIK there is no plan for an entry point along that stretch to facilitate their movement through their land, not that that is sufficient for either the people or the wildlife.

I did not.

But then, what else can we expect of his type?