Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
All,
Finally heard from Steve today! Says he's been having a few health problems, which he did not elaborate on, but that he is staying tuned to the news regarding the fires in Redding.

Thanks.

Got an email from Mary Jean today, FINALLY. She is fine...so fine that she got herself a new PURPLE chair! Last year it was a red sofa and now a purple chair. Girl has gone, as granny would say, slap dab crazy!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4242 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,
Finally heard from Steve today! Says he's been having a few health problems, which he did not elaborate on, but that he is staying tuned to the news regarding the fires in Redding.

Thanks.

Got an email from Mary Jean today, FINALLY. She is fine...so fine that she got herself a new PURPLE chair! Last year it was a red sofa and now a purple chair. Girl has gone, as granny would say, slap dab crazy!

A red hat gal to the core! There’s a poem about that! Glad she’s up to being crazy! And hey if it’s comfortable and it happened to be the best deal why not purple! Ask her if she know purple was reserved for royalty at one time!

Posts: 5181 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,

Thanks.

A red hat gal to the core! There’s a poem about that! Glad she’s up to being crazy! And hey if it’s comfortable and it happened to be the best deal why not purple! Ask her if she know purple was reserved for royalty at one time!

When I am Old

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
And I shall spend my pension
on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
And run my stick along the public railings,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
And set a good example for the children.
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me
are not too shocked and surprised,
When suddenly I am old
and start to wear purple!

by Jenny Joseph

Posts: 4242 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
All,

Thanks.

When I am Old

When I am an old woman I shall wear purple
With a red hat that doesn't go, and doesn't suit me,
And I shall spend my pension
on brandy and summer gloves
And satin sandals,
and say we've no money for butter.
I shall sit down on the pavement when I am tired,
And gobble up samples in shops and press alarm bells,
And run my stick along the public railings,
And make up for the sobriety of my youth.
I shall go out in my slippers in the rain
And pick the flowers in other people's gardens,
And learn to spit.
You can wear terrible shirts and grow more fat,
And eat three pounds of sausages at a go,
Or only bread and pickle for a week,
And hoard pens and pencils and beer mats
and things in boxes.
But now we must have clothes that keep us dry,
And pay our rent and not swear in the street,
And set a good example for the children.
We will have friends to dinner and read the papers.
But maybe I ought to practise a little now?
So people who know me
are not too shocked and surprised,
When suddenly I am old
and start to wear purple!

by Jenny Joseph

Pretty much, are you going to send it?

Posts: 5181 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Pretty much, are you going to send it?

I can do that!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke to Steve today. He sounded good and has recovered from his nasty experience with some new pain medication.

Still trying to get me to move to OR with him to be near Mary Jean. There are days when I wish I could do that, but...

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke to Steve today. He sounded good and has recovered from his nasty experience with some new pain medication.

Still trying to get me to move to OR with him to be near Mary Jean. There are days when I wish I could do that, but...

Iirc you would have to make it in at least two airplane rides. Via Houston might work!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Iirc you would have to make it in at least two airplane rides. Via Houston might work!

And I would likely never see my family again...hmmm, there are days when that even sounds appealing...Smile   :)

But I could never do it. Me mummy deserves better than that from her oldest daughter.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

And I would likely never see my family again...hmmm, there are days when that even sounds appealing...Smile   :)

But I could never do it. Me mummy deserves better than that from her oldest daughter.

Just had in mind a longish visit, preferable during a heat wave here.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I'm wondering if our mob has lost track of the Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally thread, so am re-posting this reply there back to the pub in the hope you will all pick it up and put ICB to the test (remembering, of course, that ICB represents the entity unifying I, Allan's Conscious Mind and our Brain's Confirmation Bias:

quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Julius Caesar formulated a policy of allowing Jews to follow their traditional religious practices, a policy which was followed, and extended, by Augustus, first emperor of Rome, reigned 27 BC - 14 AD. This gave Judaism the status of a religio licita (permitted religion) throughout the Empire.[5] The financial crisis under Caligula (37–41) has been proposed as the "first open break between Rome and the Jews", even though problems were already evident during the Census of Quirinius in 6 and under Sejanus (before 31).

Julius Caesar seemed to have a nice Cyrus the Great like relationship with the Jews but things seemed to steadily go downhill after that.

Speaking of Cyrus reminds me of that Ultra-Orthodox Brooklynite who insisted Ahura Mazda-worshipping Zarathustrian Cyrus gave thanks to Adonai for his victory over Babylon, whereas Cyrus' own records show he gave thanks to Marduk in Babylon. That sweetly Confirmed our Bias. As we keep saying, everyone but the Jews (and later Christians) had no difficulty whatsoever paying respect to the different deities assigned as Patron Deities to different geographic regions by the Supreme Deity, as El Elyon appointed Adonai to the Jews.

Our world today will never get rid of anti-Jewish anti-Semitism unless and until we know, understand, and accept that it all began because Jews and Jews alone mocked and scorned as superstitions the deities worshipped by the people whose very country those Jews were living in. I have even seen a fifth-generation USA Jew saying the worship of Jesus is idolatry.

As for Sejanus, did you see Patrick Stewart playing that part in Robert Graves' I, Claudius?

MTC

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1597 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I'm wondering if our mob has lost track of the Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally thread, so am re-posting this reply there back to the pub in the hope you will all pick it up and put ICB to the test (remembering, of course, that ICB represents the entity unifying I, Allan's Conscious Mind and our Brain's Confirmation Bias:

quote:
Julius Caesar formulated a policy of allowing Jews to follow their traditional religious practices, a policy which was followed, and extended, by Augustus, first emperor of Rome, reigned 27 BC - 14 AD. This gave Judaism the status of a religio licita (permitted religion) throughout the Empire.[5] The financial crisis under Caligula (37–41) has been proposed as the "first open break between Rome and the Jews", even though problems were already evident during the Census of Quirinius in 6 and under Sejanus (before 31).

Julius Caesar seemed to have a nice Cyrus the Great like relationship with the Jews but things seemed to steadily go downhill after that.

Speaking of Cyrus reminds me of that Ultra-Orthodox Brooklynite who insisted Ahura Mazda-worshipping Zarathustrian Cyrus gave thanks to Adonai for his victory over Babylon, whereas Cyrus' own records show he gave thanks to Marduk in Babylon. That sweetly Confirmed our Bias. As we keep saying, everyone but the Jews (and later Christians) had no difficulty whatsoever paying respect to the different deities assigned as Patron Deities to different geographic regions by the Supreme Deity, as El Elyon appointed Adonai to the Jews.

Our world today will never get rid of anti-Jewish anti-Semitism unless and until we know, understand, and accept that it all began because Jews and Jews alone mocked and scorned as superstitions the deities worshipped by the people whose very country those Jews were living in. I have even seen a fifth-generation USA Jew saying the worship of Jesus is idolatry.

As for Sejanus, did you see Patrick Stewart playing that part in Robert Graves' I, Claudius?

MTC

I saw this and wondered why you didn’t include some Christians thinking one should not worship Jesus, only God. Admittedly that can mess with their understanding of the trinity but I don’t see it as necessarily being a non starter.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jones and his large audience being friends of Trump probably is a reason Jones is getting so much censorship. Martin Luther King Jr. is definitely a better example of a guy using tons of lawyers for a good cause. However, if they are allowed to silence the Jones' and Assange's of the world, they might go after the King's of the world too.

This gets me back to my own views on Conspiracy Theory, something I have been following for decades.

First, conspiracies are an integral part of all human life, even inside families as some of us know all too well. As I keep saying, we (reasonably enough) often lose track of the original meanings assigned to created letter-groupings and focus only on the modern definition.

So what was the letter-group "conspire" originally created for?

Con = together

spirare = to breathe.

So the first conspirators were any group of people "breathing together", in other words agreeing on one interpretation of a disputed proposal and setting out to achieve that one result.

Only later did it acquire its sinister connotation.

It does not matter whether one is a member of a knitting circle, a sports club, a school Parents and Teachers' association, a political, banking, oil, pharmaceutical, industrial, military, military-industrial (think Eisenhower) entity, one is a conspirator working with fellow conspirators against conspirators with a different agenda.

For ICB, Conspiracy Theory was a letter-group concept deliberately created to suit political purposes. The good guys work together to achieve good purposes, the bad guys conspire together to achieve bad purposes.

The defined villains, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, thu Jooz, and so on, all have a veneration for education. If they did have any plan it would resemble my understanding of ancient China, where everyone, peasants included, was educated to a certain level where the very best were selected to go on to become Mandarins.

So let's take a look at the Bilderbergers, one target of the likes of Alex Jones.

Who are they?

We do know they come from all of the Western world and no doubt more (23 countries).

What is their purpose?

To divide the world into the haves and the have nots?

Or

Although members do not as a rule discuss what goes on within its conferences, (UK) Labour MP and onetime party deputy leader Denis Healey, a member of the steering committee for more than 30 years, did offer a clear statement of its intentions when quizzed by journalist Jon Ronson for his book Them in 2001.
"To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair," he said. "Those of us in Bilderberg felt we couldn't go on forever fighting one another for nothing and killing people and rendering millions homeless. So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing [ICB's emphasis]."
https://www.independent.co.uk/...-jones-a8377171.html

Given that ICB is committed to "innocent unless proven guilty", we remain sceptical but certainly not cynical.

Seems the author of that UK Independent site shares my opinion of Alex Jones:

American alt-right "shock jock" Alex Jones has been one of the loudest proponents of such theories, stating on air: "We know you are ruthless. We know you are evil. We respect your dark power".
He appeared on Andrew Neil's Sunday Politics show in 2013 to discuss the Bilderberg Group's meeting at a hotel in Watford, ranting wildly about them as "puppeteers above the major parties" and insisting on their role in the founding of the EU. "A Nazi plan", according to Mr Jones.
He has more recently attended protest camps, sent InfoWars pundit Owen Shroyer to try and invade their 2017 gathering in Chantilly, Virginia, and accused them of plotting to overthrow US president Donald Trump.
That might all sound alarming but is fairly mild by Mr Jones's standards. He also believes Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are demons and that the Pentagon has a secret "gay bomb".

Posts: 1597 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw this and wondered why you didn’t include some Christians thinking one should not worship Jesus, only God. Admittedly that can mess with their understanding of the trinity but I don’t see it as necessarily being a non starter.

Synchronicity Rules OK

Was thinking about that, too, especially as we found this while researching that post:

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/154.htm

So who, exactly IS the Bible deity?

Haven't read it all yet and, as the magpies and kookaburras are conspiratorially uniting outside, best I go feed them.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

I've been semi-following the discussion but haven't seen fit to chime in. IOW, I find it interesting but that's just not where my head is these days.

quote:

Yeah, when Josiah went legalistic and mono, the adherents pretty much set the standard for the NT dispensationalists; they shunned, shamed, and condemned all who disagreed with their theology. IOW, Josiah's adherent's were Darby's dispensationalist's role models. They scorn and mock all other Christians and all other religions.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
This gets me back to my own views on Conspiracy Theory, something I have been following for decades.

First, conspiracies are an integral part of all human life, even inside families as some of us know all too well. As I keep saying, we (reasonably enough) often lose track of the original meanings assigned to created letter-groupings and focus only on the modern definition.

So what was the letter-group "conspire" originally created for?

Con = together

spirare = to breathe.

So the first conspirators were any group of people "breathing together", in other words agreeing on one interpretation of a disputed proposal and setting out to achieve that one result.

It does not matter whether one is a member of a knitting circle, a sports club, a school Parents and Teachers' association, a political, banking, oil, pharmaceutical, industrial, military, military-industrial (think Eisenhower) entity, one is a conspirator working with fellow conspirators against conspirators with a different agenda.

For ICB, Conspiracy Theory was a letter-group concept deliberately created to suit political purposes. The good guys work together to achieve good purposes, the bad guys conspire together to achieve bad purposes.

The defined villains, the Illuminati, the Freemasons, thu Jooz, and so on, all have a veneration for education. If they did have any plan it would resemble my understanding of ancient China, where everyone, peasants included, was educated to a certain level where the very best were selected to go on to become Mandarins.

So let's take a look at the Bilderbergers, one target of the likes of Alex Jones.

Who are they?

We do know they come from all of the Western world and no doubt more (23 countries).

What is their purpose?

To divide the world into the haves and the have nots?

Or

Although members do not as a rule discuss what goes on within its conferences, (UK) Labour MP and onetime party deputy leader Denis Healey, a member of the steering committee for more than 30 years, did offer a clear statement of its intentions when quizzed by journalist Jon Ronson for his book Them in 2001.
"To say we were striving for a one-world government is exaggerated, but not wholly unfair," he said. "Those of us in Bilderberg felt we couldn't go on forever fighting one another for nothing and killing people and rendering millions homeless. So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing [ICB's emphasis]."
https://www.independent.co.uk/...-jones-a8377171.html

Given that ICB is committed to "innocent unless proven guilty", we remain sceptical but certainly not cynical.

Seems the author of that UK Independent site shares my opinion of Alex Jones:

American alt-right "shock jock" Alex Jones has been one of the loudest proponents of such theories, stating on air: "We know you are ruthless. We know you are evil. We respect your dark power".
He appeared on Andrew Neil's Sunday Politics show in 2013 to discuss the Bilderberg Group's meeting at a hotel in Watford, ranting wildly about them as "puppeteers above the major parties" and insisting on their role in the founding of the EU. "A Nazi plan", according to Mr Jones.
He has more recently attended protest camps, sent InfoWars pundit Owen Shroyer to try and invade their 2017 gathering in Chantilly, Virginia, and accused them of plotting to overthrow US president Donald Trump.
That might all sound alarming but is fairly mild by Mr Jones's standards. He also believes Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton are demons and that the Pentagon has a secret "gay bomb".

My introduction to "conspiracy theories" came via the dispensational junk religion. They are all over it. Seems it stems from their taking the Bible literally and throwing all the parts of the NT that they don't understand (especially when taken literally) into the future under the End Times theme of their theology.

Their future anti-Christ is supposedly going to attempt to unite the entire earth under his sole rule, and so they watch the goings on of the world, seeing every step as a move toward that end. According to their imaginings, he will start out as a ruler of a single strong nation and then bring all other nations under his rule. They still go on and on about the EU as the beginning of that process...

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Synchronicity Rules OK

Was thinking about that, too, especially as we found this while researching that post:

http://www.bibletopics.com/biblestudy/154.htm

So who, exactly IS the Bible deity?

Haven't read it all yet and, as the magpies and kookaburras are conspiratorially uniting outside, best I go feed them.

Think I may have figured most of this out, but I'm still working on it. So far:

Elohim/gods - the multitude of gods
El Elyon/God Most High - Father
El Shaddai/Wisdom - Mother
Yahweh/Adon/LORD - Son
Lord God/My God/Adonai - King

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:

...So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing

Yeah my paleochristian group likes pointing out that technically the official explanation for 9-11 is a conspiracy theory since the theory has more than one guy involved. Even with a single world community idea starting out with good intentions, doesn't mean it stays that way. There was a reason the original US colonies were weary about having a centralized government. Somewhere in the timeless dreamtime, Paul is probably quite grumbly about what Polycarp did with Paul's good intentions.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

From Philip R. Davies book "On the Origins of Judaism":
quote:
there is every reason to suppose, given the treatment of Persian kings in the biblical literature, that a tacit recognition of Marduk, Ahuramazda and Yhwh as the same high god was widespread in Judah, and that Second Isaiah gives us a glimpse into the process whereby the creation of the cult of the high god Yhwh was promoted in the temple city of Jerusalem so favoured, it seems, by the Persians. Yhwh became imperial: god of gods, king of kings, Most High, but his REAL capital city was Jerusalem...
Might we go as far as to claim that the cult of Yhwh in the Persian period was Zoroastrianism, localized and grafted onto an indigenous cult?
I think they lost their roots later via Hellenistic Alexandria Jews creating historical fiction that wasn't meant to be taken literally. Polycarp and company kind of created the same problem for Christians.

I knew of him, but it took me a long time to read up on Zarathustra. Once I did, and combined it with what I was reading on the changes following what had to be nothing other than a political deal with Cyrus, I came to realise that the Tanakh we have today bears little relationship with the pre-Exile Judaism.

Add in the fact that those exiles would have learned about the Dragon Lady Tiamat rebelling against the ruling pantheon and being thrown out of Heaven. Her victor, Marduk, formerly a minor god, became the Supreme Deity in line with the rise of Babylonia, and we can see just what happened.

Tiamat becomes the newly created Christian Devil, aka Ahriman, and we have a whole new mythology.

Did the Talmud exist before the exile? If not, we also see the creation of Samael, the Judaic equivalent of the Christian Devil but never a rebel against Adonai. So far as I can tell, most if not all of the Talmud was a post-exile rabbinic invention.

quote:

I should probably check Youtube for Stewart's work outside of Star Trek. I knew he did Shakespeare roles.

If you have not watched I, Claudius I can highly recommend the BBC series.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?...jdIoK60XBZm1bIpeOn-I

Derek Jacobi leads a brilliant cast, including John Hurt, Brian Blessed and the absolutely frightening Siân Phillips as Livia Drusilla.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

...So we felt that a single community throughout the world would be a good thing

Yeah my paleochristian group likes pointing out that technically the official explanation for 9-11 is a conspiracy theory since the theory has more than one guy involved. Even with a single world community idea starting out with good intentions, doesn't mean it stays that way. There was a reason the original US colonies were weary about having a centralized government. Somewhere in the timeless dreamtime, Paul is probably quite grumbly about what Polycarp did with Paul's good intentions.

In our Brave New World, I can see all minority cultures being fully restored. The great nation States may survive in an altered form, however the Scots, Irish, Welsh, Bretons, Catalans, Basques, all the Asian cultures, will exist in their own right.

Imagine an America, Australia, New Zealand, all the Pacific Islands, returning to where they should be.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
hälsningar än Sverige.