Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
hälsningar än Sverige.

Swedes definitely are sincere.

Don't know how many decades it has been since I read Huxley's Heaven and Hell, but boy, it must have had an enormous effect.

Re-reading it now, I see the probable origins of some of our deepest spiritual thoughts.

It bloody well is all in the mind, you know, even though Huxley wants to take it outside to somewhere in or throughout the universe.

Whether our egos want to accept it or not, our animal brains are controlled entirely by physics and chemistry, electricity.

I've understood for a very long time that it is scientifically accepted that our brain tries to make sense out of every new experience.

If it can't, it makes as close a match as it can to what it already does know.

Let's take bluelamp's comet clusters.

An archaic hunter-gatherer sees a comet cluster. What the heck are these moving lights in the sky?

The only experience his brain can relate to is a flaming torch, or even a flaming spear.

So those moving lights in the sky become just that, all-too-real flaming spears.

Then the brain takes off.

In order to make sense of this, it has to create a creator of these moving lights, and then has to create a reason, a purpose, for this creator's created lights.

Not at all hard to imagine this archaic brain creating an entire new universe populated by super-human entities who, naturally enough, have to conform to what this archaic mind actually does know.

So now this brain creates a flaming-spear war between super-human cultures, and then has to create an acceptable, working, image of what is going on up there. Who is involved, how much more do they know than our hunter-gatherer knows? That is a question that archaic mind just has to create an answer for, a reality which fits what it already knows.

Especially since those spears are headed for our hunter-gatherer. Why do these super-human beings want to kill him.

There has to be a reason, hasn't there, so this brain creates a reason.

Maybe those super-humans are not happy with the way our hunter-gatherers live their lives, so the next task of this brain is to work out just what way of life would suit those entities which live in another reality?

For this brain, this created world is every bit as real as what an astronomer's brain has to create for them.

So, why do so many today insist on believing in the Other Worlds created by archaic brains when our "reality" is so much different?

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com...ven%20and%20Hell.pdf

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1611 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
hälsningar än Sverige.

Swedes definitely are sincere.

Don't know how many decades it has been since I read Huxley's Heaven and Hell, but boy, it must have had an enormous effect.

Re-reading it now, I see the probable origins of some of our deepest spiritual thoughts.

It bloody well is all in the mind, you know, even though Huxley wants to take it outside to somewhere in or throughout the universe.

Whether our egos want to accept it or not, our animal brains are controlled entirely by physics and chemistry, electricity.

Not the exact translation, but yes Sweden!

I've understood for a very long time that it is scientifically accepted that our brain tries to make sense out of every new experience.

If it can't, it makes as close a match as it can to what it already does know.

Let's take bluelamp's comet clusters.

An archaic hunter-gatherer sees a comet cluster. What the heck are these moving lights in the sky?

The only experience his brain can relate to is a flaming torch, or even a flaming spear.

So those moving lights in the sky become just that, all-too-real flaming spears.

Then the brain takes off.

In order to make sense of this, it has to create a creator of these moving lights, and then has to create a reason, a purpose, for this creator's created lights.

Not at all hard to imagine this archaic brain creating an entire new universe populated by super-human entities who, naturally enough, have to conform to what this archaic mind actually does know.

So now this brain creates a flaming-spear war between super-human cultures, and then has to create an acceptable, working, image of what is going on up there. Who is involved, how much more do they know than our hunter-gatherer knows? That is a question that archaic mind just has to create an answer for, a reality which fits what it already knows.

Especially since those spears are headed for our hunter-gatherer. Why do these super-human beings want to kill him.

There has to be a reason, hasn't there, so this brain creates a reason.

Maybe those super-humans are not happy with the way our hunter-gatherers live their lives, so the next task of this brain is to work out just what way of life would suit those entities which live in another reality?

For this brain, this created world is every bit as real as what an astronomer's brain has to create for them.

So, why do so many today insist on believing in the Other Worlds created by archaic brains when our "reality" is so much different?

http://www.ignaciodarnaude.com...ven%20and%20Hell.pdf

Thanks for the link, and yes everything we see we try to put it into perspective of what we already know when trying to identify it.

As I watched and heard those in PT after a brain trauma being told that they can retrain the brain to do what it once understood without having to deal with the mechanics of say walking I can see how our different parts of our brain try to help us find our old reality. I’m not sure that is always bad though. I do see when it comes to the need to understand things beyond our current comprehension that we cannot Force fit it to our old understanding and yet we must use our old understanding in order to make our new understanding a part of it!

Posts: 5284 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the link, and yes everything we see we try to put it into perspective of what we already know when trying to identify it.

Orthodox thinking is the bane of my existence. Instead of making new information fit the old, we should be starting from scratch at least once a century to re-look at everything we know.

Does not matter what field of expertise: education, religion, politics, science, medicine, whatbloodyever.

Our education system is in one hell of a mess. Every single fault is easily identified, yet our governments do nothing.

Politics? Beginning to think Trump's lack of orthodoxy just might make a positive differenced despite all his efforts. We should have restored relationships with Russia and North Korea ages ago, and he just might pull it off. Not because of his own thinking, but because the Russians and Chinese can see the dangers and will make the right moves. One day, too, we might understand and accept that Iranians are the same as us; we need to stop treating them as Arabs and accept that we interfered in their politics in a way which makes Russia's interference in the USA look small-time. Think Shah, UK and CIA. Trump ignores that, but the Iranians never will.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...n_coup_d%27%C3%A9tat
the first United States covert action to overthrow a foreign government during peacetime.[10]

I've got my favourites, however my list of orthodox science setting us back decades is growing every week. Some of it is so blatantly obvious one has to wonder how they get away with it.

As for religion...

Thanks to our Brooklynite, I learned stuff about Judaism I otherwise would not have known. While Judaeo-Christianity does have its positive sides, it has done far more damage to Western culture than we will ever be able to measure. It will not be too long before someone examines this in the same way we examine all other mythologies. When that happens, the whole thing will fall apart. How many know the pre-birth and first years of Abram were almost identical to those of Jesus, including the Slaughter of the Innocents? How many know Abram first started on his track of a new religion when he was three years old? Seems no one even knows where the Jews originated, though I suspect they left north-west Africa when the Sahara dried up.

quote:
As I watched and heard those in PT after a brain trauma being told that they can retrain the brain to do what it once understood without having to deal with the mechanics of say walking I can see how our different parts of our brain try to help us find our old reality. I’m not sure that is always bad though.

Synchronicity Rules OK

Been going to the same chiropractor for decades. The clinic has grown immensely, so for years now I have rarely seen the one I started with. Last week, though, my regulars were not available so I was booked in with her. We had quite a chat, then she lent me Norman Doige's The Brain's way of Healing. I'm struggling with his style, but hoo boy.

I'd heard about neuroplasticity, but nothing like this. Seems the Russians and Koreans have been researching laser therapy for decades, while our orthodox Western medicos ignore this "Eastern nonsense".

Doidge has been following a number of US practitioners and, if what he says is correct, there is a whole new world opening up here (well, opening in the orthodox West). By the looks of it, much dangerous surgery will be a thing of the past, lasers reawakening neurons to cure issues normally reserved for surgery, and the healing of scar tissue will be left up to lasers.

These lasers can reactivate damaged brain cells, so just how far can this take us? Will we literally be born again?

quote:
I do see when it comes to the need to understand things beyond our current comprehension that we cannot Force fit it to our old understanding and yet we must use our old understanding in order to make our new understanding a part of it!

Wasn't all that long ago I first came up with the notion that when we finally discover what our Brain is that is when we discover the real God.

To think it was back in 1951 I first heard the Blessed Wallace Greenslade pronounce it is all in the mind, you know.

Posts: 1611 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
...So those moving lights in the sky become just that, all-too-real flaming spears... So, why do so many today insist on believing in the Other Worlds created by archaic brains when our "reality" is so much different?

Kind of two different groups. The mystery folk religions like Mithraism may have had bulls rampaging across the cosmos but the more philosophic ones like Socrates and his supernatural sign were into divination.

Posts: 906 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Kind of two different groups. The mystery folk religions like Mithraism may have had bulls rampaging across the cosmos but the more philosophic ones like Socrates and his supernatural sign were into divination.

The difference is far greater.

First and foremost, we have to remember that Mithras and Socrates represent only a tiny fragment of human experience.

Been watching documentaries on the first civilisations, and one of them cost me another cracked rib. Imagine my CB's delight when they stressed that civilisation began less than 10,000 years ago, and the **** sapiens Great Ape animal first appeared some 300,000 years ago.

You're the mathematician: what percentage of 300,000 is 10,000?

At the very least we should be taking the past 50,000 years into full and complete account. To do otherwise is to lose the plot utterly, causing us to fail to understand what "reality" and religion really are.

We put far too much emphasis on the past 4000 years, and all too often forget that the likes of Socrates were initiated into the infinitely older entheogenic Mystery Religion concept. Because of our Judaeo-Christian culture we necessarily ignore this.

Every single concept in the later religions evolved out of the entheogenic experiences of the great thinkers of the far-distant past. Everything of value in any of today's religions comes from tens of thousands of years ago, not just the past 4000 or so.

My psychologist likes to remind me of just how much our reptilian brain affects how we perceive life, and how many millions of years does that date back?

They way I am reading Doige, today's laser treatment is going right back to the 3.5 billion year old core, the very structure of our being.

Same goes for human psychology. Unless and until we fully accept that we ARE evolved animals, then things will just get worse.

AS I said, Huxley sees "reality" as the entire universe as One.

Not all that different from my spiritual understanding of the Big Bang.

Before that, we WERE all One.

Still are.

Getting our 21st century heads around that one is something few can manage.

Stripped down to letter-groupings there is no actual difference between the Big Bang and God (whatever name one gives that asexual entity).

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan,
For some reason unknown to me, George Donaldson started singing in my head this morning. Brought you to mind, remembering when you had me look for "My Boy" for you...

So I pulled up a few of his performances on youtube:

George Donaldson

Mull of Kintyre
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-R5OklYwFT8

Caledonia
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0KZjmiL7xs

I'm Gonna Be 500 Miles
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rLqIujK-0qw

My Boy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JA9F471STqU

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4453 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
At the very least we should be taking the past 50,000 years into full and complete account. To do otherwise is to lose the plot utterly, causing us to fail to understand what "reality" and religion really are.

We put far too much emphasis on the past 4000 years, and all too often forget that the likes of Socrates were initiated into the infinitely older entheogenic Mystery Religion concept. Because of our Judaeo-Christian culture we necessarily ignore this.

As I've mentioned before, 50,000 years ago has data problems. The art in caves could have been from folk religion types instead of from people following the scientific method. Nothing wrong with checking out Judaeo-Christianity and its Zoroasterish roots both historically and scientifically. While a Mithraic priest would just be doing what he was taught; a Socrates would take field trips to learn about divination and then do his own divination experiment.

Socrates took only two field trips his whole life, one to Delphi (the oracle) and the other to Pythagoras' birth place (Pythagoras was also into divination and supposedly had information from Zoroaster). Like my favorite physicist, Socrates talked to his supernatural sign himself aka he did not just rely on what others said though he certainly learned from others too.

Yes both Greek philosophers and Judaeo-Christianity trace back to Zoroaster; nothing wrong with that. Socrates and my favorite physicist just have the advantage of doing their own scientific experimenting with divination instead of just relying on Zoroaster's channeling getting imprecisely relayed over time via folk religions.

The idea is that 50,000 years ago Siberian shamans could channel, then later Zoroaster could channel then later Socrates could channel then later my favorite physicist could channel. It really is a b theory of time timeless realm for ancestors just like dreamtime researchers say. Mathematical physics things related to a paper I wrote earlier this month and ancestor channeling were mentioned in the channeling session this week. It's a very interesting experiment.

Posts: 906 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by That JR Thang:

I'm deeply indebted, m'dear.

Played your songs with my 9am cup of coffee and now, as I prepare to give the birds their evening meal, My Boy is still playing in my head.

Hadn't realised George Donaldson died so young, only 46.

https://www.irishcentral.com/c...on-from-heart-attack
George Donaldson was a self-taught musician, accomplished on both guitar and flute, with a lifelong passion for Celtic music inspired by his late father Bernard. One of George’s greatest thrills was performing for his Dad – and 65,000 other fans – at Glasgow Celtic's opening match of the 2000 season at Celtic Park in Glasgow.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by That JR Thang:

I'm deeply indebted, m'dear.

Played your songs with my 9am cup of coffee and now, as I prepare to give the birds their evening meal, My Boy is still playing in my head.

Hadn't realised George Donaldson died so young, only 46.

https://www.irishcentral.com/c...on-from-heart-attack

George Donaldson was a self-taught musician, accomplished on both guitar and flute, with a lifelong passion for Celtic music inspired by his late father Bernard. One of George’s greatest thrills was performing for his Dad – and 65,000 other fans – at Glasgow Celtic's opening match of the 2000 season at Celtic Park in Glasgow.

I was shocked when I first heard of it because he looked so happy and healthy. But I had an uncle who died at 45 from a one and only massive heart attack. He too, looked the picture of health.

Love his voice...so mellow. Seemed to be a nice guy.

Posts: 4453 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
As I've mentioned before, 50,000 years ago has data problems. The art in caves could have been from folk religion types instead of from people following the scientific method. Nothing wrong with checking out Judaeo-Christianity and its Zoroasterish roots both historically and scientifically. While a Mithraic priest would just be doing what he was taught; a Socrates would take field trips to learn about divination and then do his own divination experiment.

Must admit I get confused when I see religion and science in the same sentence.

While I was delighted to discover that quantum physicists are finally taking a long-overdue interest in Hinduism for obvious reasons, at the same time I know that any genuine scientific examination of the Judaeo-Christian religions would put an end to them in 10 minutes.

Archimedes may be credited with scientific understanding of the lever, but the ancients beat him to it by some 40,000 years with the atlatl and woomera; the Neanderthals invented a method of creating resin out of birch tree bark which has modern scientists bluffed, the first industrial process; and they all obviously had to take a scientific approach to their daily lives.

Even Buddha agrees with the Blessed Wallace Greenslade: It's all in the mind, you know.
To enjoy good health, to bring true happiness to one's family, to bring peace to all, one must first discipline and control one's own mind. If a man can control his mind he can find the way to Enlightenment, and all wisdom and virtue will naturally come to him.
Buddha

However, mythology and the later religion come from entirely different areas of the brain.

Bottom line, of course, is that it all comes down to chemistry and physics. For as far back as we can go, certain people always have demanded answers, and they did not share the orthodox belief in the scientific method.

The chemistry and physics which make up our brains work together to provide an answer -- any answer -- so long as it fits what one already has been conditioned to by one's environment.

Imagine trying to tell a Jew, a Christian, a Muslim, that their Adonai is the Brahma Trinity, the Ultimate Spiritual Concept is the Brahman.

We do not even understand how we create then use our letter-groupings, words.

If there really were something other than the Deus Otiosus it would long ago have reunited me with my Boswellian amanuensis (ye gods and little fishes, is there no end to this synchronicity? Tried to find Boswellian amanuensis and went straight to Boswellia thurifera, one tree which produces frankincense. All I need now is gold and myrrh).

quote:
Socrates took only two field trips his whole life, one to Delphi (the oracle) and the other to Pythagoras' birth place (Pythagoras was also into divination and supposedly had information from Zoroaster). Like my favorite physicist, Socrates talked to his supernatural sign himself aka he did not just rely on what others said though he certainly learned from others too.

Problem is, of course, we do not know enough about the influence of entheogens on the neuron modules of the brains of the Greek philosophers, so we are left with guesswork.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bluelamp:
Yes both Greek philosophers and Judaeo-Christianity trace back to Zoroaster; nothing wrong with that.[QUOTE]

That's the problem.

Everyone goes back 4000 years without taking into account what happened in the tens of thousands of years before.

The ancients built the foundation, the moderns came along and put a superstructure on the foundation without ever understanding what was meant to be built there.

Go back to animism, scorned and mocked by moderns.

How did the brains of those long-gone ancients perceive reality?

They saw every aspects of everything they knew as all being imbued with the One Spirit.

As with monotheism, they now faced a major problem. How can that One Spirit bring with it disease, drought, famine, earthquakes, volcanoes, wars, and all the other problems which are a basic part of life?

So their next step was to create the concept where they used letter-groupings to differentiate these bad spirits from good spirits.

Todd Tremlin's Minds and Gods: the Cognitive Foundations of Religion has the best explanation I have yet to see. Because all their lives relied heavily on the contribution of their fellow humans -- tools, weapons, all their food, whatever clothing and shelter they made -- they logically and reasonably hypothesised there were super-human agents doing all they could not understand. Those hypothetical super-beings, in time, became the later deities, first Isis/Mother Nature then, after men realised they actually do play a part in human conception, we moved on to all-male deities.

They united in places such as Göbekli Tepe (Potbelly Hill, to translate their letter-grouping), predating Stonehenge by some 6000 years.

They knew exactly where they were going. We ARE all One.

Until the priests arrived.

Synchronicity Rules OK

Yet again, SBS has just run a program which fits this perfectly.

This time, it was about a recently discovered tomb which took the Egyptologists back to a time when the priests, normally hand in glove with the royal rulers, took over, wiping out the Pharaoh and his family and running the southern region all by themselves.

Just as I have been saying for yonks.

Religion and politics are and should be subsets of mythology. Once they took over we lost the plot.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bottom line, of course, is that it all comes down to chemistry and physics...

How did the brains of those long-gone ancients perceive reality?

They saw every aspects of everything they knew as all being imbued with the One Spirit.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ligion_and_mythology

quote:
The individual who enters the Dreamtime feels no separation between themselves and their ancestors... Through Dreamtime the limitations of time and space are overcome.[7] For the Aborigine people dead relatives are very much a part of continuing life. It is believed that in dreams dead relatives communicate their presence.

They knew the One Spirit shared with dead relatives was important but back then could not ask about it in modern science terms:

quote:

Session Date: August 11th 2018

(L) Well, on an adjacent topic to DNA, I would like to know why I feel... Um... compelled or obsessed by my genealogy database. [laughter] I'm embarrassed to talk about it because it's taken SO much time, and yet it's like I WANT TO KNOW!

A: Keep in mind that there is a certain power transmitted by awareness of ancestors.

Q: (L) How can there be power transmitted by awareness of ancestors? They're dead, first of all. Second of all, maybe those that had the potential have reincarnated and would be living other lives in other places. Or they'd be floating around in 5th density or whatever dead ancestors do...

(Artemis) Well, in a roundabout way, it's almost like knowing about your past lives.

(Andromeda) Yeah.

A: Yes

Q: (L) So, knowing past lives is helpful. Knowing ancestors is helpful. Well, the ancients believed that if you remembered your ancestors, they helped you. If you didn't take care of them or you forgot about them, they could bring bad luck on you. Can it? [laughter]

A: Something like that. You can help to heal some things and draw strength via your DNA antennae which, you must remember, is also their DNA antennae.

A: We keep telling you that we are you in the future. You are them in the future.

They knew about overcoming the limitations of time and space in order share this no separation One Spirit with dead relatives but again could not ask about it in modern science terms (from the same session):

quote:
(Ark)Are any of these exceptional mathematical structures of importance in my search for unifying gravity, consciousness, and everything?

A: No. Lie groups lie in wait to entrap the unwary.

Q: (Ark) Every symmetry is described by a Lie group. So, symmetry is unimportant? Because this is a mathematical tool for description of rotations, translations, propagation of waves, so... It's all bad. :-( So what is good?? Which mathematics is good?

A: Geometric algebra.

Q: (Ark) Lie groups are at the foundation of geometry and algebra, and they are bad. So, I don't know what to do.

A: You need to be wary.

Q: (L) I guess that means that Lie groups are useful, but you don't need to be entrapped by them.

A: Yes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geometric_algebra

quote:
The geometric algebra (GA) of a vector space is an algebra over a field, noted for its multiplication operation called the geometric product on a space of elements called multivectors, which is a superset of both the scalars {\displaystyle F} F and the vector space {\displaystyle V} V. Mathematically, a geometric algebra may be defined as the Clifford algebra of a vector space with a quadratic form... Geometric algebra has been advocated, most notably by David Hestenes[2] and Chris Doran,[3] as the preferred mathematical framework for physics. Proponents claim that it provides compact and intuitive descriptions in many areas including classical and quantum mechanics, electromagnetic theory and relativity.[4] GA has also found use as a computational tool in computer graphics[5] and robotics.

I used cellular automata for optical testers at IBM and cellular automata is described by Geometric/Clifford algebra. I wrote this paper about it.

http://prespacetime.com/index....ticle/view/1348/1397

My interest in comets, Zoroaster, Hittite king history, the math of computer graphics tools applied to physics, etc. has come via channeling though unfortunately not my own (best I could do was my 9-11 dream).

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]The individual who enters the Dreamtime feels no separation between themselves and their ancestors... Through Dreamtime the limitations of time and space are overcome.[7] For the Aborigine people dead relatives are very much a part of continuing life. It is believed that in dreams dead relatives communicate their presence.

Yeah, but why?

Because, from birth, they are indoctrinated in the Dreamtime, in the fact they belong to the land the land does not belong to them, they are one with all nature, and the tribe has to be put first.

Yet again we see how words change in meaning, perhaps especially when these letter-groupings are created from foreign letter-groupings.

Indoctrinate simply means "brainwash" to many people. But its meaning isn't always so negative. When this verb first appeared in English in the 17th century, it simply meant "to teach"-a meaning that followed logically from its Latin root. The "doc" in the middle of indoctrinate derives from the Latin verb docēre, which also means "to teach." Other offspring of "docēre" include "docent" (referring to a college professor or a museum guide), "docile," "doctor," "doctrine," and "document." It was not until the 19th century that "indoctrinate" began to see regular use in the sense of causing someone to absorb and take on certain opinions or principles.

As I say, we are genetically programmed to learn at least from birth. The Dreamtime cultural indoctrination unites the people as one.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ligion_and_mythology
All such myths variously "tell significant truths within each Aboriginal group's local landscape. They effectively layer the whole of the Australian continent's topography with cultural nuance and deeper meaning, and empower selected audiences with the accumulated wisdom and knowledge of Australian Aboriginal ancestors back to time immemorial ".[2]
...Australian Aboriginal mythologies have been characterized as "at one and the same time fragments of a catechism, a liturgical manual, a history of civilization, a geography textbook, and to a much smaller extent a manual of cosmography."[4]

As always, we destroyed that Dreamtime culture and, as a result, the First Australians have been all but destroyed.

I spend a lot of time with young people, and they have no idea who they are, have no real identity.

Why?

Because, as always since we took on religion, we had to destroy that sense of belonging with the tribe and replace it with having to belong to the religion.

We should have stuck with the tribal Elders, who upgraded their mythologies as and when required, usually when something in the environment impacted heavily on the tribe.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I owe you big time, bluelamp. You are providing the necessary impetus I need to get my head straight. Told JR on another thread that I am printing out some of my responses to you to give to my psychologist to see if this will help him sort me out. With a bit of luck he'll have a few sleepless nights.

quote:
They knew the One Spirit shared with dead relatives was important but back then could not ask about it in modern science terms:

Why should they?

Over tens of thousands of years they had, without any scientific basis, worked out precisely what was needed to ensure survival. The way the scientific method is going, it could well wipe us out. We got through the Cold War in part because one Russian leader had served in WWII and there was no way he was going to be the one who inflicted that again on his own people.

If the USA understood and got over its superstitious Capitalist fear of Communism, separated it from the way it evolved under Stalin, we could get back to normality. In real terms, so long as it is respected, Russia would play the world games peacefully. Same goes for Iran: I'd love to know if Trump et al understand that Iranians are not Arabs, which is how they treat them.

Again, if they understood Islam, they would not be terming ISIS, al Qaeda, the Taliban, Bokum Harum and the rest as terrorists. Instead, they would term them infidels , and invite genuine Muslims to deal with that.

Behavioural psychology (as I understand it, anyway) has far more to offer than any religious teaching. The Abrahamic religions, in particular, are all about separation, not unity. How could one book result in half a dozen or so Judaisms, anywhere between 2000 and 35,000 Christianities, and another half-dozen or so Islams? Protestants and Catholics, Sunnis and Shi'ites. What a mess.

MTC

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
My interest in comets, Zoroaster, Hittite king history, the math of computer graphics tools applied to physics, etc. has come via channeling though unfortunately not my own (best I could do was my 9-11 dream).

Had a long look at all this, and am stuffed because I am not educated to
make the mathematical link.

Not that I am gainsaying maths. It is a vital tool.

But how do we use it when trying to sort out the human brain?

That is where I struggle. Maths is essential, but we need first to know what questions to ask.

My own shattering dream was confirmed later that same day and, as you may remember, I had a session in a spiritualist church which could well have saved my life.

I have no answer to that.

However, the more I see on neuropsychology, for me starting off with chemistry, physics, electricity, the more I see the direction we need to go.

However it works, as Buddha said the brain is the key to it all.

But orthodoxy gets in the way.

Religious scientists will need to see their deity in everything. But what if it is not there at all? We do accept there is no scientific evidence for deities, so how and why should they be included in scientific research?

Before they start, those scientists need first and foremost to understand themselves, why and how do they create the questions they ask, how capable are they of setting their own indoctrinations aside when necessary?

Time and again I see scientists totally unable to accept established evidence which contradicts what they have been programmed to believe. How can we make all possible progress in our thinking when the people at the top can't break out of their own mould?

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Can't access

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Can't access

Funny, your url posting doesn't take me there either, but when I click on bluelamp's it goes right to it...

Try this:
Prespacetime

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Religious scientists will need to see their deity in everything. But what if it is not there at all? We do accept there is no scientific evidence for deities, so how and why should they be included in scientific research?

Before they start, those scientists need first and foremost to understand themselves, why and how do they create the questions they ask, how capable are they of setting their own indoctrinations aside when necessary?

Time and again I see scientists totally unable to accept established evidence which contradicts what they have been programmed to believe. How can we make all possible progress in our thinking when the people at the top can't break out of their own mould?

We aren't talking about proving models for deities; nobody can prove a model for human consciousness much less a model for consciousness at the Planck scale (Brahman/Ein Sof) or a model for massless particle consciousness (ancestors in the dreamtime). We are just talking model building.

The models can have evidence but the evidence isn't proof; technically even Einstein's relativity isn't proven. I do consider matches between Wikipedia's Aborigine myth article (a Dreamtime with ancestors and timelessness) and modern channeling transcripts to be evidence. A subject like Einstein's relativity is going to have lots more opportunity for evidence compared to a subject like consciousness (and deities/dead ancestors is a type of consciousness).

Ideally you do as much of the research yourself as you can so that you don't have to worry so much about corruption in fields like science and religion. I do my own physics research. I can't do my own channeling research. I did though have a 9-11 dream so I do have no problem thinking of Dreamtime as timeless just from my own experience.

My physics research conveniently lead me to a physicist who channels. I liked his physics for eight years before I even knew he channeled. Since via my own physics research I trust his physics research, I 'm tempted to trust his channeling research too even though other than my 9-11 dream, I can't check his (actually it's mostly his hypnotherapist wife's) channeling as well as I can his physics. You do the best you can do to have trustworthy sources in areas you can't check yourself via checking them out in areas you can check yourself.

I do consider my own physics as a possible check on the channeling too since like with Geometric Algebra there can be channeled hints that actually have more to do with my work than with the physics models of the channeling physicist.

Not sure why you can't get to Prespacetime.com but I put my paper on google drive here in case none of our other links work:

https://drive.google.com/open?...dOWgaClrcUc6DmTBRW_o

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Funny, your url posting doesn't take me there either, but when I click on bluelamp's it goes right to it...

Try this:
Prespacetime

Thanks, mate. Done and dusted.

Me, that is :-)

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Found your site, thanks, bluelamp.

As I expected, I have as much chance of understanding maths at that level as I have of reading Egyptian hieroglyphics.

quote:
We aren't talking about proving models for deities; nobody can prove a model for human consciousness much less a model for consciousness at the Planck scale (Brahman/Ein Sof) or a model for massless particle consciousness (ancestors in the dreamtime). We are just talking model building.

WE might be, but countless others are not.

Look at what Percy Seymour has to say about the astronomy involved in the Jesus mythology:

According to the statistician Michel Gauquelin, people born when Jupiter had just risen, was at its highest point in the sky, had just set or was at its lowest point (ie directly above on the opposite of Earth), were very likely to succeed in the following walks of life: in the military, in politics, as executives, journalists, playwrights or actors.
The kings of old must have had some of the qualities associated with these professions, so it is possible that the astrologers who worked in royal households noticed patterns in the births of these people (without the use of the statistics which Gauquelin applied).
... Astrology can also shed light on another aspect of the Christmas story. On the 15 September 7 BC the Sun was in the constellation of Virgo the Virgin - this could have generated the belief that he was born the Son of a Virgin.
Professor Ferrari d’Occhieppo was the first astronomer to identify the three Saturn-Jupiter conjunctions for 7 BC. These were 29 May, 29 September and the 5th December. He proposed, however, that Jesus was born on the 15 December 7 BC. On the basis of my own research, I would support this date because on this day (at sunset), the alignment between the planets Jupiter and Saturn in the constellation of Pisces on the one side of Earth, and the Sun in the constellation of Virgo on the other side of Earth, was at its closest.
https://www.telegraph.co.uk/to...birth-of-Christ.html

How many people insist on seeing those mathematically predictable astronomy sightings as a real , supernatural sign created by God for us?

quote:
The models can have evidence but the evidence isn't proof; technically even Einstein's relativity isn't proven. I do consider matches between Wikipedia's Aborigine myth article (a Dreamtime with ancestors and timelessness) and modern channeling transcripts to be evidence. A subject like Einstein's relativity is going to have lots more opportunity for evidence compared to a subject like consciousness (and deities/dead ancestors is a type of consciousness).

Problem is, I would wonder if we just might be letting our 21st century indoctrinated conditioning control our perception. I'm sure the First Australian Elders who created the Dreamtime stories had something entirely different in mind.

Have to go feed the birds. so will think this over while I have a beer and a smoke.