Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
My book came yesterday. Wish I had the time to read it through in just a couple of days...but that ain't gonna happen. Got too many other things going on to dedicate myself to it, no matter how much I'd like to. But it's looking mighty interesting and I'm only on page 100...

Fear: Trump in the White House

I would have thought you were going through more than enough agony to want to indulge yourself even further.

It serves as a bit of distraction...

Have another dental appointment next Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4445 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
My book came yesterday. Wish I had the time to read it through in just a couple of days...but that ain't gonna happen. Got too many other things going on to dedicate myself to it, no matter how much I'd like to. But it's looking mighty interesting and I'm only on page 100...

Fear: Trump in the White House

I would have thought you were going through more than enough agony to want to indulge yourself even further.

There is something to be said for owning the book, running up book sale counts, even if one has no intention of reading it. It’s on my lust after I finish Comeys book!

Posts: 5281 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Don't envy you one bit.

My sole pain at the moment is a tiny flat circle on my ring finger which has three small lines drawn into it.

Only notice the pain when I rub against it.

Odd thing is, it is a perfect circle and the lines are aligned side by side.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1611 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don't envy you one bit.

My sole pain at the moment is a tiny flat circle on my ring finger which has three small lines drawn into it.

Spider bite?

Posts: 5281 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Spider bite?

Doubt it. Thinking about it now, it is where the finger rests against the mouse?

Hardly enough pressure there to cause it, one would think.

Posts: 1611 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
There is something to be said for owning the book, running up book sale counts, even if one has no intention of reading it. It’s on my lust after I finish Comeys book!

On your LUST, huh?
He he, know where your mind is... Busted!   :busted:

Posts: 4445 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don't envy you one bit.

Could it be psorisais?

psoriasis

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

On your LUST, huh?

Certainly not on my typing!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

On your LUST, huh?

Certainly not on my typing!

I knew that!

Read Comey several weeks ago but I didn't get to my "Fire" book today.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Oh, Allan, check to see if your issue is a ganglion cyst?

Press VERY LIGHTLY on the spot to see if there is a nodule under the skin. It will usually protrude from a bone underneath and feel very tender.

I've had several come up on the underside of my ring fingers between the knuckles just above the palm. Always right where I rest them on the steering wheel.

In fact, each of them popped when I gripped the steering wheel while trying to evade and idiot, or while making a sharp and quick turn. It hurts like hell for a nanosecond, then it is all back to normal.

The usual treatment is either to drop a heavy book on the spot, or surgery. Or just grip the steering wheel like your life depends on it...

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, Allan, check to see if your issue is a ganglion cyst?

Press VERY LIGHTLY on the spot to see if there is a nodule under the skin. It will usually protrude from a bone underneath and feel very tender.

I've had several come up on the underside of my ring fingers between the knuckles just above the palm. Always right where I rest them on the steering wheel.

In fact, each of them popped when I gripped the steering wheel while trying to evade and idiot, or while making a sharp and quick turn. It hurts like hell for a nanosecond, then it is all back to normal.

The usual treatment is either to drop a heavy book on the spot, or surgery. Or just grip the steering wheel like your life depends on it...

Definitely not psoriasis.

It's right on the bottom side of the top knuckle. If I press it hard it stings, but only while I am pressing it. Can't feel any nodule.

Had it not been the mouse finger I doubt I'd have noticed it.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Definitely not psoriasis.

It's right on the bottom side of the top knuckle. If I press it hard it stings, but only while I am pressing it. Can't feel any nodule.

Had it not been the mouse finger I doubt I'd have noticed it.

Then it's possibly the beginning of a bedsore/pressure ulcer? You see, as we age, our skin becomes more delicate and that may leave an area that gets even light pressure over extended periods of time vulnerable.

Try this: attach a small cotton ball (under a bandage) either above or below (not on) the sore area while you scroll. Don't make the bandage tight; you just want to prevent the area from coming in contact with the mouse. Do the same thing while you are driving. Couple of days should let you know if that is the issue.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Try this: attach a small cotton ball (under a bandage) either above or below (not on) the sore area while you scroll. Don't make the bandage tight; you just want to prevent the area from coming in contact with the mouse. Do the same thing while you are driving. Couple of days should let you know if that is the issue.

Will do.

In fact, have done.

You could well be right. The cotton took the pressure off straight away.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Will do.

In fact, have done.

You could well be right. The cotton took the pressure off straight away.

Excellent!

Just watch it very carefully. You should start noticing healing within a few days. But don't go back to putting pressure on it for quite a while or it will return.

Oh, and move the cotton ball to a slightly different position every time you apply it. You don't want to start a new area for a pressure sore to get a foothold. If the sore spot becomes hot or cold, or the skin breaks, stop allowing any contact with the area and get to the doctor immediately. The quicker it is dealt with the better.

Needless to say, you are going to have to get a new mouse - maybe several - of different shapes and sizes - so that your finger doesn't touch the mouse in the same spot all the time.

https://msktc.org/sci/factshee...ating-Pressure-Sores

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OK, it's time for some pickled eggs!

Pickled Eggs

It will soon be time for Chicken Soup and I can hardly wait. I've been making Lemon Chicken Soup for several years and it is WONDERFUL. But I either make my own chicken broth or I make a broth using Better Than Bouillon Roasted Chicken Base for this recipe. The dry white wine is optional. I also sometimes substitute rice for the orzo.
Lemon Chicken Soup

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Today our camping club makes soup, an annual event! It starts with a butchering pot to hold it all. Left over vegetables from the gardens are added to the soup for a while trying not to cool the soup down too much, as some were frozen earlier in the season!

Alway a fun get together, and too much soup!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Today our camping club makes soup, an annual event! It starts with a butchering pot to hold it all. Left over vegetables from the gardens are added to the soup for a while trying not to cool the soup down too much, as some were frozen earlier in the season!

Sounds nice!

There is not such thing as too much soup. Just freeze it.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Sounds nice!

There is not such thing as too much soup. Just freeze it.

The soup was great! Everyone brought enough containers to hold at least a gallon of soup, and we still had leftovers!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
The soup was great! Everyone brought enough containers to hold at least a gallon of soup, and we still had leftovers!

We have a chili cook off here in Atlanta that I have gone to a few times. But my IBS doesn't allow for me to eat it anymore.

The crowd got so big that they had to keep moving the venue. It was at Stone Mountain for a while, but I think they have moved it to Brookhaven now. Been a long time and I don't follow it these days.

One of my sisters and her husband used to be with a group that attended every year, even entered the contest a few times. It was a blast and the food, company, and fun was always good whether you won or not.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Really upsetting to see just how hard all your lives are.

How do you cope?