Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Reply
  
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Really upsetting to see just how hard all your lives are.

How do you cope?


By planning them only once a year?
 
Posts: 5433 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Really upsetting to see just how hard all your lives are.

How do you cope?

With diligence, Dahlin', with diligence.

Took myself to the bathroom the other day to sit myself down for a little relief. As I sat pondering the wonders of life, I spied a bright green grasshopper sitting on the edge of the bathtub.

Well, that jolted me a bit. I could just see the little bugger jumping or flying right into my lap...and my head breaking through the ceiling, and a wet streak across the floor, as jumped up in fright from the monster daring to land on me.

What a rude interruption to my peaceful pondering. But I calmed myself and got a nice paper bag and a fly swat. Coaxed it into the bag by tapping the swatter behind it, then took it outside to set it free. Hopefully it found freedom before the cats found it. But I didn't hang around to find out. I still had to complete the pondering I had set out to do before I was so rudely interrupted.

That is the kind of stuff that serves as excitement these days...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
That is the kind of stuff that serves as excitement these days...


Apart from cockroaches and ants, all insects are safe within my house.

Just as well it was a grasshopper and not a huntsman who threatened to sit on your lap.

https://www.firstaidbrisbane.c.../Huntsman-spider.jpg

We have lots of them here.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Apart from cockroaches and ants, all insects are safe within my house.

Just as well it was a grasshopper and not a huntsman who threatened to sit on your lap.

https://www.firstaidbrisbane.c.../Huntsman-spider.jpg

We have lots of them here.

We have lots of small brown jumping spiders here, but their bite isn't usually harmful. And since they eat bugs, I usually leave them alone unless they set up shop in an inconvenient place - like the shower or near the bed.

Don't like stuff jumping on me. If I can manage to get them onto a piece of paper and out the door, their life is usually spared. But if they fail to cooperate...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
quote:
But if they fail to cooperate...


SWAT!
 
Posts: 9061 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:
But if they fail to cooperate...


SWAT!


Yep!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:
But if they fail to cooperate...


SWAT!


Yep!


One of my favourite football players, a delightful bloke, was a SWAT cop.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:
But if they fail to cooperate...


SWAT!


Yep!


One of my favourite football players, a delightful bloke, was a SWAT cop.

SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics). Yeah, we have bunches of those guys/gals. "Players" on a very different scale, few of whom can claim to play "football" as well.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics). Yeah, we have bunches of those guys/gals. "Players" on a very different scale, few of whom can claim to play "football" as well.


My one big frustration was I could never convince him or his coach that NLP actually does work.

A clean but hard player, he normally was in defence, left-back or left-wing. Towards the end of one season the team needed more goals, so he was put up as striker in the hope his toughness would lead to goals.

He did not score in the next five matches, so I sat down for a 10-minute NLP session with him.

He was put back in defence for the next match, and scored what earned him goal of the year. He added three or four more in the season-closing matches.

Those were this only goals for the season, but no one was able to accept that the 10min NLP session was entirely on goal-scoring.

And it did work.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics). Yeah, we have bunches of those guys/gals. "Players" on a very different scale, few of whom can claim to play "football" as well.

He did not score in the next five matches, so I sat down for a 10-minute NLP session with him.

...

And it did work.

After suffering a trauma (that I won't go into here) in college, there were several people who suggested I undergo a session with a hypnotherapist to help me get over/through it. I refused. I didn't want anyone "messing with my head" without being fully cognizant of every detail of how the session was to go. And since I didn't trust anyone at the time, and since they weren't anxious to come fully clean as to every nitnoid detail, I wouldn't allow it. Quite frankly, I don't think they would have been able to hypnotize me since I didn't trust them. My mind would not have complied.

Did finally submit to a psychotherapist, and after only a few sessions, I was well on my way to managing my life again without being swallowed up in fear. It all came down to a single sentence he said to me: "If you live in fear, he will have won." That single sentence jolted me to my core. And from that point on, I refused to let him win. I resolved to take back my life and live it without continually suffering from paralyzing fear.

Make no mistake about it, I make every effort to be aware of my surroundings, and don't put myself in certain situations, but I also don't live every moment fearing a repeat of that incident.

But one thing I have learned about myself over the years is that I detest being manipulated under any circumstance. It's not just ordinary rejection of exploitation, it goes much deeper and is much stronger than that. And to keep me honest and to help instill a bit of flexibility, I keep a kitty around. She manipulates as kitties will, and yet I've never scratched her, not even once Wink   ;)

Now, I understand how NLP can be a very useful tool when prudently used by caring therapists. It's the monsters that give me pause...

I'm glad your kid had a caring therapist!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
SWAT (Special Weapons and Tactics). Yeah, we have bunches of those guys/gals. "Players" on a very different scale, few of whom can claim to play "football" as well.

He did not score in the next five matches, so I sat down for a 10-minute NLP session with him.

...

And it did work.

After suffering a trauma (that I won't go into here) in college, there were several people who suggested I undergo a session with a hypnotherapist to help me get over/through it. I refused. I didn't want anyone "messing with my head" without being fully cognizant of every detail of how the session was to go. And since I didn't trust anyone at the time, and since they weren't anxious to come fully clean as to every nitnoid detail, I wouldn't allow it. Quite frankly, I don't think they would have been able to hypnotize me since I didn't trust them. My mind would not have complied.

Did finally submit to a psychotherapist, and after only a few sessions, I was well on my way to managing my life again without being swallowed up in fear. It all came down to a single sentence he said to me: "If you live in fear, he will have won." That single sentence jolted me to my core. And from that point on, I refused to let him win. I resolved to take back my life and live it without continually suffering from paralyzing fear.

Make no mistake about it, I make every effort to be aware of my surroundings, and don't put myself in certain situations, but I also don't live every moment fearing a repeat of that incident.

But one thing I have learned about myself over the years is that I detest being manipulated under any circumstance. It's not just ordinary rejection of exploitation, it goes much deeper and is much stronger than that. And to keep me honest and to help instill a bit of flexibility, I keep a kitty around. She manipulates as kitties will, and yet I've never scratched her, not even once Wink   ;)

Now, I understand how NLP can be a very useful tool when prudently used by caring therapists. It's the monsters that give me pause...

I'm glad your kid had a caring therapist!


I hear you about trusting anyone, especially when one is in fear! It takes a long time to trust enough to hear you can’t let the other guy control your life.

My hubby maintains every time we deal with terrorist threats that they are winning, foiled plot or not! I’m inclined to agree on several levels.
 
Posts: 5433 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
"If you live in fear, he will have won." [QUOTE]

Can't understand the programs they have devised here to combat on-line bullying. Not one of them takes what for me is an obvious solution.

What would happen if the victim took a professionally guided approach, expressing their deep concern for what the unfortunate bully must be going through to have to do this to someone who can not fight back? Very kindly, without condescension, the victim would then offer the bully an appointment with a counsellor who would show them how to cope with their problem.

[QUOTE]I'm glad your kid had a caring therapist!


Kid? That SWAT cop was a first division player aged in his late 20s or thereabouts.

My problem with my own therapy is I am just too bloody smart for my own good Wink   ;)

I've got the psychologist's head in a spin, topping his every professional comment and exposing his conventional, orthodox, thinking. You should have seen the body language when I introduced him to the NLP "I can't do it YET" concept. He has worked in a number of top academic positions, and here he is, battling with a uni drop-out.

Same goes for the NLP therapist who charged me more than $200 a session. He has just sent his clients an email:

Allan Suicide Doesn't come from nowhere!. Most people who attempt suicide have previous symptoms. Severe Anxiety or Depression High levels of stress or Overwhelm...R U OK Allan ?
if you feel you need a little help, call me, text me, email me ...
Even if it's not me, do something to help yourself.


In reply, I said this is the very antithesis of NLP which, for me, takes an entirely different approach. It's all about reframing; any problem I fancy I have is not a problem at all, it is nothing more than looking at it in a different light.

I told him there was a time when suicide did cross my mind. Back then, I was driving 25 miles each way daily to and from work, with regular additional 12 miles each way to towns further north. Driving at more than 70mph on the freeway I'd look at bridge pillars and think how easy it would be to finish things off.

As I told him, the very thought of what that would do to the ambulance and police crews was more than enough to put that idea well out of my head.

In passing, they have stopped producing the beetroot pills I was taking and my blood pressure has gone through the roof, close to 200/80. Will see my GP tomorrow -- taking with me my horoscope which tells me I must do something about my health immediately at this time of the full moon Smile   :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
"If you live in fear, he will have won." [QUOTE]

Can't understand the programs they have devised here to combat on-line bullying. Not one of them takes what for me is an obvious solution.

What would happen if the victim took a professionally guided approach, expressing their deep concern for what the unfortunate bully must be going through to have to do this to someone who can not fight back? Very kindly, without condescension, the victim would then offer the bully an appointment with a counsellor who would show them how to cope with their problem.

[QUOTE]I'm glad your kid had a caring therapist!


Kid? That SWAT cop was a first division player aged in his late 20s or thereabouts.

My problem with my own therapy is I am just too bloody smart for my own good Wink   ;)

I've got the psychologist's head in a spin, topping his every professional comment and exposing his conventional, orthodox, thinking. You should have seen the body language when I introduced him to the NLP "I can't do it YET" concept. He has worked in a number of top academic positions, and here he is, battling with a uni drop-out.

Same goes for the NLP therapist who charged me more than $200 a session. He has just sent his clients an email:

Allan Suicide Doesn't come from nowhere!. Most people who attempt suicide have previous symptoms. Severe Anxiety or Depression High levels of stress or Overwhelm...R U OK Allan ?
if you feel you need a little help, call me, text me, email me ...
Even if it's not me, do something to help yourself.


In reply, I said this is the very antithesis of NLP which, for me, takes an entirely different approach. It's all about reframing; any problem I fancy I have is not a problem at all, it is nothing more than looking at it in a different light.

I told him there was a time when suicide did cross my mind. Back then, I was driving 25 miles each way daily to and from work, with regular additional 12 miles each way to towns further north. Driving at more than 70mph on the freeway I'd look at bridge pillars and think how easy it would be to finish things off.

As I told him, the very thought of what that would do to the ambulance and police crews was more than enough to put that idea well out of my head.

In passing, they have stopped producing the beetroot pills I was taking and my blood pressure has gone through the roof, close to 200/80. Will see my GP tomorrow -- taking with me my horoscope which tells me I must do something about my health immediately at this time of the full moon Smile   :)


I still can find the brand I was taking, but I never increase the amount. I found them on Amazon. Besides, I thought you were taking the powder like JR.

Stay safe.
 
Posts: 5433 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I hear you about trusting anyone, especially when one is in fear! It takes a long time to trust enough to hear you can’t let the other guy control your life.


One thing I use in hypnosis is to assure that I am not taking control of their mind. Instead, I am showing them how they themselves do it. Never forget one session back in the 70s when, for the first time ever, I was directed to take on a client at a QHS demonstration. The Mum was the one who wanted the experience so a professional took her. The daughter was interested, so I was given her. The step-father was cynical, so I got him as well. The daughter went under easily, and I left her to explore the experience while I worked with the step-father. He clearly went under, according to all the body language. When he came out he denied being hypnotised. To my surprise, the daughter contradicted him, saying that while under her own trance she shared his trance. Boy, would I love to have been able to take that one further.

quote:
My hubby maintains every time we deal with terrorist threats that they are winning, foiled plot or not! I’m inclined to agree on several levels.


Could not agree more.

To begin with, I'd have politicians and the media describe Islamic terrorists as infidels, quoting the Koran to illustrate why. One of the prime responsibilities for genuinely devout Muslims is to care for widows and orphans, not create them. Especially when they are bombing other Muslims in their mosques.

While it understandable that suicide missions are in some way acceptable when armies are fighting armies, committing suicide to kill innocent children, men, and women in markets and souks must be the greatest possible sin.

As for demonstrating that terrorist attacks have failed to impress, what could be better than the typical Glaswegian response to the attempted attack on Glasgow airport in 2007?

Quite apart from the fact the airport was back in action quick-time, check this out:

A Strathclyde Police spokesman confirmed the two men in the car were arrested,[25] one of them badly burned. The man was initially taken to Royal Alexandra Hospital in Paisley before being transferred to the intensive care unit at Glasgow Royal Infirmary due to it having a specialist burns unit, where he died on 2 August.[26]
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...asgow_Airport_attack

Within hours, Glaswegians were told a nurse asked one attacker why he had committed such a dreadful act.

"I was promised 70 virgins when I arrived in Heaven," the terrorist said.

"You were looking for virgins and you came to Glasgow???" the nurse asked in astonishment.

Oh, Reed, you've done the synchronicity bit yet again.

Looking for a source for that nurse joke, I stumbled on http://hahas.co.uk/glasgow/. It's beautiful.

Try these jokes that only work in Scotland:

A Glasgow woman goes to the dentist and settles down in the chair.
"Comfy?" asks the dentist.
"Govan."

After announcing he"s getting married, a boy tells his pal he"ll be wearing the kilt.
"And what"s the tartan?" asks his mate.
"Oh, she"ll be wearing a white dress," he replies.

As for those terrorists:

Strathclyde Police have named one of the Glasgow Airport terror suspects as: "Sinje Majeep" who was apparently celebrating the lesser known Muslim festival of Ramavan.
(They were driving a Jeep Cherokee.)


One of the Glasgow bombers, Singed Majeep, is complaining that all he gets in hospital to eat is haggis, neeps and tatties.
What the heck does he expect in the Burns unit?
(As in Robert Burns)

One of the Glasgow terror suspects has died from his injuries.
His condition has been described as satisfactory.

1 can of petrol - �202 Calor gas bottles - �42.501 Cherokee jeep - �2000 Watching two terrorists burn alive - Priceless

https://www.glasgowlive.co.uk/...ll-just-set-13261903


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I still can find the brand I was taking, but I never increase the amount. I found them on Amazon. Besides, I thought you were taking the powder like JR.

Stay safe.


First time I tried the powder it was too much bother. I will give a go tomorrow.

Have to challenge you all from the Scottish joke site. See who can work these out:

What do you call an illegitimate Scottish insect?
A wee fly b*****d.

What about the Scotsman who lost his testicles in a motorcycle accident?
The surgeon re-attached them with Bostik.

A Glasgow man - steaming and skint - is walking along Argyle Street when he spots a guy tinkering with the engine of his car. "What"s up, Jimmy?" he asks.
"Piston broke," he replies.
"Aye, same as masel..."

Glasgow airport bar have a drinks deal. Two pints of lager, an Asian guy soaked in petrol and a box of matches.
It"s called "Two Pints of Lager and a Paki to Crisp".


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I’m afraid I like the jokes, too much!

As for hypnosis, my Dad was told he could easily be taught to do self hypnosis!

Just the security in the airports tells us the terrorist are winning. And yes, I’ve called the Muslim terrorist infidels too!

I think I told you while in class I had several Muslim colleagues so to speak. We were talking about tribes or the like when I asked some question that not the idiots that are current fighting as isis. I got the quick answer that they weren’t part of what they consider when talking about Islam etc. iirc we were talking about how hot burkas are, only one colleague wore the whole garment that revealed all but her eyes. She was married, iirc. Some of the others just wore head scarves all of them quite pretty without being out of place. The only thing black was the black veil.

I miss a lot of the people in that class.

Btw, there was a car bomb in Philadelphia in the last few days. It’s several hours away.
 
Posts: 5433 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I still can find the brand I was taking, but I never increase the amount. I found them on Amazon. Besides, I thought you were taking the powder like JR.

Stay safe.


First time I tried the powder it was too much bother. I will give a go tomorrow.

Have to challenge you all from the Scottish joke site. See who can work these out:

What do you call an illegitimate Scottish insect?
A wee fly b*****d.

What about the Scotsman who lost his testicles in a motorcycle accident?
The surgeon re-attached them with Bostik.

A Glasgow man - steaming and skint - is walking along Argyle Street when he spots a guy tinkering with the engine of his car. "What"s up, Jimmy?" he asks.
"Piston broke," he replies.
"Aye, same as masel..."

Glasgow airport bar have a drinks deal. Two pints of lager, an Asian guy soaked in petrol and a box of matches.
It"s called "Two Pints of Lager and a Paki to Crisp".


That last one is really bad, still working on the others. Tomorrow, or later today must sleep!
 
Posts: 5433 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I’m afraid I like the jokes, too much!

As for hypnosis, my Dad was told he could easily be taught to do self hypnosis! [QUOTE]

For some reason that is something I have yet to achieve. Did get close with one bloke I respected, but his health got the best of him. My psychologist has told me about a hypnotherapist in the next suburb, so I will look her up tomorrow.

[QUOTE]I think I told you while in class I had several Muslim colleagues so to speak. We were talking about tribes or the like when I asked some question that not the idiots that are current fighting as isis. I got the quick answer that they weren’t part of what they consider when talking about Islam etc. iirc we were talking about how hot burkas are, only one colleague wore the whole garment that revealed all but her eyes. She was married, iirc. Some of the others just wore head scarves all of them quite pretty without being out of place. The only thing black was the black veil.
I miss a lot of the people in that class.


It's a great loss.

Because of the terror attacks, Muslim migrants in Australia do it tough in a country recognised for its multi-culturalism. That drives them into ghettoes , worsening the separation.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
JR: I'm glad your kid had a caring therapist!

Allan: Kid? That SWAT cop was a first division player aged in his late 20s or thereabouts.[/QUOTE]

JR: That's about the time I really started growing up...

Allan: In reply, I said this is the very antithesis of NLP which, for me, takes an entirely different approach. It's all about reframing; any problem I fancy I have is not a problem at all, it is nothing more than looking at it in a different light.

JR: Guess I go at it a little differently. I figure that problems ultimately have solutions. You just have to determine the end result and work towards that end. And never expect it to be easy.

Allan: I told him there was a time when suicide did cross my mind. Back then, I was driving 25 miles each way daily to and from work, with regular additional 12 miles each way to towns further north. Driving at more than 70mph on the freeway I'd look at bridge pillars and think how easy it would be to finish things off.

As I told him, the very thought of what that would do to the ambulance and police crews was more than enough to put that idea well out of my head.

JR: Then you weren't serious about committing suicide. IMHO, suicide for anything other than a easier way to go in the face of a more gruesome imminent death is very selfish.

Allan: In passing, they have stopped producing the beetroot pills I was taking and my blood pressure has gone through the roof, close to 200/80. Will see my GP tomorrow -- taking with me my horoscope which tells me I must do something about my health immediately at this time of the full moon Smile   :)

JR: Sheesh mate! Just try to find any brand (preferably organically grown) and start taking them. Until then, use the powder mixed with pomegranate juice. The pomegranate has a strong enough flavor to mask the beetroot. Just mix some up and let it sit in the fridge overnight before you start taking it. And do it quickly. Your BP is at a dangerous level!

I'm not going to be around much these days. I'm up to my eyes in alligators with too may projects and demands. But I'll try to check in whenever time allows.

Oh, and Mary Jean will soon be released from quarantine. Her leg is better and she is getting over her cold. So you better be up to taking her dancing!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4550 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
JR: Guess I go at it a little differently. I figure that problems ultimately have solutions. You just have to determine the end result and work towards that end. And never expect it to be easy.


That's the problem, though. How many people baulk at questions? Remember our Brooklyn mate who accused me of being a fiend of the devil because of the questions I asked and he was directed by his rabbis not to answer?

quote:
JR: Then you weren't serious about committing suicide. IMHO, suicide for anything other than a easier way to go in the face of a more gruesome imminent death is very selfish.


I did consider it, but in an academic way.

My thoughts on suicide are culturally different from yours. Don't know how many UK stories which had someone leave a pistol on the desk of another person as an indication they should take the honourable way out. Think, too, of the Samurai seppuku and hari kari.

As for my BP, could be my gauge is getting old. My GP's dial showed good, and he refused to add any more scripts. Will see about trying the powder again.

Great to hear about Mary Jean. Owe her an email, so yours is just the spur I need. Ta muchly.
Enjoy your business.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 ... 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 ... 50 
 

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II

© 2003-2019 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.