Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR
Oh, and Mary Jean will soon be released from quarantine. Her leg is better and she is getting over her cold. So you better be up to taking her dancing!

I missed that Mary had been back in the hospital, I remember they weren’t handling her wound well. Glad she’s up and about.

Posts: 5448 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Oh, and Mary Jean will soon be released from quarantine. Her leg is better and she is getting over her cold. So you better be up to taking her dancing!

I missed that Mary had been back in the hospital, I remember they weren’t handling her wound well. Glad she’s up and about.

No, she wasn't in the hospital, just quarantined to her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4555 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
quote:

No, she wasn't in the hospital, just quarantined to her room.

That’s almost worse, but I suspect it was her they were trying to keep from adding infections? Hopefully not just fearful that her old MRSA would move around the ventilation system!

Posts: 5448 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
That’s almost worse, but I suspect it was her they were trying to keep from adding infections? Hopefully not just fearful that her old MRSA would move around the ventilation system!

Yes, they were waiting for her new MRSA wound to heal sufficiently to prevent possible spread of it (she had a weeping wound). They also quarantine those who have a cold or flu for a period of 14 days for the same reason.

My understanding is that quarantine is SOP for any contagion in both nursing homes and assisted living homes.

Posts: 4555 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, they were waiting for her new MRSA wound to heal sufficiently to prevent possible spread of it (she had a weeping wound). They also quarantine those who have a cold or flu for a period of 14 days for the same reason.

My understanding is that quarantine is SOP for any contagion in both nursing homes and assisted living homes.

Agreed, but I’m confused about how that works with the venting systems. Isolation has the additional rules of better care with stethoscopes etc!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Agreed, but I’m confused about how that works with the venting systems. Isolation has the additional rules of better care with stethoscopes etc!

Not up on all the present protocols regarding quarantine, but my understanding is the point is to keep all human fluids under containment.

On the skin, cold and flu viruses last less than 15 minutes, but about 24 hours on hard surfaces. Both are much more likely to be transferred via close contact with the patient and hard surfaces than a filtered vent system.

OTOH, weeping MRSA wounds can leave traces of live bacteria on both soft and hard surfaces for months. Colloidal Silver is the best known bactericidal. It comes in soap, gel, liquid and spray forms.
Colloidal Silver Against MRSA

One of my brothers got a MRSA infection on one of his hands a couple of years ago. I sent him 2 bottles of colloidal silver liquid that he washed the wound with and took orally until it was gone. There has been no recurrence.

When Mary Jean first told me of her MRSA, I told her about colloidal silver. She bought the liquid and the soap. It seemed to be working. But at some point she quit using them. Then a couple of months later, after she found them lying about, she asked me what they were for. I told her, but she said her wound had finally healed.

It later resurfaced on her foot and the nurses started treating it with colloidal silver salve. It healed again. But I don't think she ever took any of the liquid as I had instructed.

After she broke her other hip and was hospitalized, she was released from the hospital with another MRSA wound on her foot. They have just now gotten it under control.

If the bacteria has gotten into her bloodstream, the only way she will ever be rid of it is if she consumes the liquid.

I buy the soap by the 6-pack and keep a couple bottles of the liquid around at all times. Since I am allergic to many antibiotics, it has become my first line of defense against both viral and bacterial infections. Haven't had a cold or flu in over 10 years from simply spraying it up my nose and on my fingertips during cold and flu season. I shower with the soap and have had no infections except for below-the-gum-line-infections because of my shattering teeth. The only treatment I have used is colloidal silver rinses. And it has worked every single time.

That I'm aware of, there are NO bacteria or virus resistant to colloidal silver.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not up on all the present protocols regarding quarantine, but my understanding is the point is to keep all human fluids under containment.

On the skin, cold and flu viruses last less than 15 minutes, but about 24 hours on hard surfaces. Both are much more likely to be transferred via close contact with the patient and hard surfaces than a filtered vent system.

OTOH, weeping MRSA wounds can leave traces of live bacteria on both soft and hard surfaces for months. Colloidal Silver is the best known bactericidal. It comes in soap, gel, liquid and spray forms.
Colloidal Silver Against MRSA

One of my brothers got a MRSA infection on one of his hands a couple of years ago. I sent him 2 bottles of colloidal silver liquid that he washed the wound with and took orally until it was gone. There has been no recurrence.

When Mary Jean first told me of her MRSA, I told her about colloidal silver. She bought the liquid and the soap. It seemed to be working. But at some point she quit using them. Then a couple of months later, after she found them lying about, she asked me what they were for. I told her, but she said her wound had finally healed.

It later resurfaced on her foot and the nurses started treating it with colloidal silver salve. It healed again. But I don't think she ever took any of the liquid as I had instructed.

After she broke her other hip and was hospitalized, she was released from the hospital with another MRSA wound on her foot. They have just now gotten it under control.

If the bacteria has gotten into her bloodstream, the only way she will ever be rid of it is if she consumes the liquid.

I buy the soap by the 6-pack and keep a couple bottles of the liquid around at all times. Since I am allergic to many antibiotics, it has become my first line of defense against both viral and bacterial infections. Haven't had a cold or flu in over 10 years from simply spraying it up my nose and on my fingertips during cold and flu season. I shower with the soap and have had no infections except for below-the-gum-line-infections because of my shattering teeth. The only treatment I have used is colloidal silver rinses. And it has worked every single time.

That I'm aware of, there are NO bacteria or virus resistant to colloidal silver.

Thanks I think I missed some of the history, but I do remember the soap, which I do use. I have a spray bottle of the silver too, seems I don’t remember it regularly but remember when my system changes, seems to clear up fairly well. I also didn’t know that something’s live on hard surfaces better!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks I think I missed some of the history, but I do remember the soap...

Talking about soap:

Been looking forward to the BBC production of Tolstoy's War and Peace.

It has now started, and so far is little more than an upper-class soap opera.

Disappointing.

Some top actors, though.

Talking about actors, watching a new program I instantly recognised the lead actor as The Master, from Doctor Who. Problem was, as the show proceeded the less sure I was, as this role was entirely different from the other.

It is indeed John Simm, which raises my estimation of his skill.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1635 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
If you can find Madame Secretary , fifth season, I think, 92 episode showed tonight. Her speech at the end of the 1hour show was superb.

Try this link
https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6v10ur

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Thanks I think I missed some of the history, but I do remember the soap...

Talking about soap:

Been looking forward to the BBC production of Tolstoy's War and Peace.

It has now started, and so far is little more than an upper-class soap opera.

Disappointing.

Some top actors, though.

Talking about actors, watching a new program I instantly recognised the lead actor as The Master, from Doctor Who. Problem was, as the show proceeded the less sure I was, as this role was entirely different from the other.

It is indeed John Simm, which raises my estimation of his skill.

I’ll have to see if I can find it, but I’d prefer more of a movie!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Steve/yba for about an hour Wednesday afternoon. He was in good spirits and seemed to be doing well. He is still talking about moving to Washington state and hoping to meet up with Mary Jean.

Bryan also seems to be doing alright and looking forward to cooler weather.

Got a couple of emails from Mary Jean. She is in fine form these days. Has sorted through most of her books and has started getting her library in order. Hope to find out tomorrow if she has been released from quarantine.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke with Steve/yba for about an hour Wednesday afternoon. He was in good spirits and seemed to be doing well. He is still talking about moving to Washington state and hoping to meet up with Mary Jean.

Bryan also seems to be doing alright and looking forward to cooler weather.

Got a couple of emails from Mary Jean. She is in fine form these days. Has sorted through most of her books and has started getting her library in order. Hope to find out tomorrow if she has been released from quarantine.

Thanks been wondering about Steve, and even Bryan!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Mary Jean is out of quarantine!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yea! Now can she find us again?

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Don't bank on it. Neither she nor Steve ever quite figured out how to maneuver on this forum...

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Don't bank on it. Neither she nor Steve ever quite figured out how to maneuver on this forum...

It gets easier, but it’s still annoying! And, I’m on another similar board!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sheesh! I wouldn't be able to find the time to be on another board. I have hard enough time keeping up with this one.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan,
Saw on the News forum where you asked how to edit your signature. Don't know if you ever got a response, but just in case...

Go to Aantares (NOT Aantares BB), then Personal Zone. In the upper right hand corner of the light blue box you will see underscored: Click To View/Edit Your Public & Private Profile Details . The bottom half of the page is for Public Profile Details under which you will find Signature. Edit the white box to the right.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sheesh! I wouldn't be able to find the time to be on another board. I have hard enough time keeping up with this one.

The other board has to do with cruises. It can get detailed at times, but it’s a way to make a group for a particular tour.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan, if you can find the Dr. Phil show on racism, it showed today Thursday. You might like the test they did. It reminded me of the blue brown eyes, although not that parallel.