Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
I recall when the EU treaty went into effect in the early 90s, all the evangelicals were spewing fear everywhere, "This is it, this is the beginning of the end! This is where the beast will come from. They don't even understand what they are doing! Laying the groundwork for the devil himself!"
Sheesh!

I remember the total confusion when the EU went from the prophesied 10 nations to 12.

Stuffed them up completely.

Now, of course, until Brexit, there are 28.

So far as I know, none of the prophets said anything about that Clean Up   :clean:

Mind you, they could be heading for the even more numerologically powerful 72.

I don't even monitor the idiots anymore. Don't have time for their nonsense.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:
Was intrigued by the inclusion of New Model Army's Christian Militia, especially as our latest PM, an evangelical Christian, suggested Australia follow the USA by moving its Israeli embassy to Jerusalem, the "capital" of Israel.

Do you Aussies hear much regarding the evangelical's theological nonsense?

Here, they are sometimes referred to as "end-timers" and "Trump-trumpeters."

Read recently that evangelical white women, at least in Texas, are feeling betrayed by Trump and speaking out. One said she voted Republican because of the abortion issue, but after the separation of immigrant families they believe that was more in line with WWJD. Not exact words but the Essen. And yes there are Bumper stickers on the cars they take to church!

Yeah, now we'll see what they are willing to DO about it. I have serious doubts that it will be anything significant like voting for a Democrat.

Actually that is exactly what they were saying they were going to do this election!

Posts: 12934 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Just had my mouth mapped yesterday for the making of my new teeth and the metal implants on which they will sit. They should have my temporary non-implant dentures ready in about 2 1/2 weeks, at which time I will pick them up. Then we will set a date for the teeth to come out.

Not than I am selfish or anything, but rather you than me.

Seems to be taking an awfully long time.

Wouldn't have been so long except that I had to fire 2 other dentists first Smile   :) That used up about a month since it takes about 2 weeks to get a dental appointment. Then another 2 weeks for the first appointment with this dentist. Once we settled on a plan we both could accept in the first visit, I just went through the first round in the plan on my second visit; mapping my mouth for the dentures. Next appointment is 2 1/2 weeks away wherein I will pick up my temporary dentures, after which we get down to the really expensive business of removing and replacing the teeth. It will be 3-6 months before I have my permanent teeth installed on the prongs.

quote:

Yeah, I did grasp the Giai-tree connection. And the longer the intrigue played out, the closer Ronnie came to Emma's view.

That must help you get closer to their relationship. The two are effectively one in the Gaia concept.

Yes, it did give me some idea of the relationship.

quote:
You'd have noticed the underlying university theme (which one has two Firsts?), but did you get the two Henley blazer comments?

http://henleyboatraces.com/about
The Henley Boat Races are a series of match races held each Spring between crews from Oxford and Cambridge Universities. Two crews race side-by-side over a course of 2000 metres, from Phyllis Court to Temple Island along the famous 'Henley Reach'.
That is also the site for the even more famous Royal Regatta.

Those Henley blazers would, no doubt, all come from Harrods.

https://thetab.com/uk/2017/07/...henley-regatta-42319
https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/...hTerm=henley+blazers

Rather fancy the Brunello Cucinelli leather blazer down near the end.

Check these prices, too:
https://www.harrods.com/en-gb/...nt-1_the-coat-update

Wouldn't they do something for your wardrobe.

Sorry, I missed the Henley blazer comments completely. The only part of that I got was the mention of Harrods; far above my checkbook or CC.

quote:
What I really liked about Troy Martin is his way of maintaining and expanding on his themes with seemingly innocuous comments and asides.

Still trying to remember Baker's comment about England deserving (what?) because it was the only country in the world producing the standard of Come Dancing (BBC, naturally) which matched his own interest.

I hope that when I watch it again I will be able to pick up on some of these intricacies.

I recently go to venture into the first floor of Harrodsburg. In the back there are some overpriced restaurants that also had expensive items, although admittedly I don’t know the cost of the items. There was also a collection of teas. Any seemed comparable to the costs here. However, they also carried the exotic! I belelive had I gone to higher floors I could have found some of the same items I could find in Nordstrom’s. Admittedly I mostly bought from them on sales, but often could find reasonable shoes not on sale.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I recently go to venture into the first floor of Harrodsburg. In the back there are some overpriced restaurants that also had expensive items, although admittedly I don’t know the cost of the items. There was also a collection of teas. Any seemed comparable to the costs here. However, they also carried the exotic! I believe had I gone to higher floors I could have found some of the same items I could find in Nordstrom’s. Admittedly I mostly bought from them on sales, but often could find reasonable shoes not on sale.

Answering your questions on the dangers of Saudi Arabia I kept forgetting the disappearance of Jamal Khashoggi. Innocent until proven guilty, of course, but someone has a lot of explaining to do.

As for Harrods:

It's no doubt apocryphal, but the story goes that when Queen Elizabeth is at Buckingham Palace her breakfast items are brought from Harrods.

Did you see that woman busted for spending millions of dollars of ill-got gains? Much of it was spent at Harrods.

https://www.gladstoneobserver....r-departmen/3546787/
Azerbaijan-born Zamira Hajiyeva, who lived in a luxurious property in the wealthy London suburb of Knightsbridge, is being investigated by the UK's National Crime Agency (NCA).
... Her husband, Jahangir Hajiyev, was the former chairman of the state-owned International Bank of Azerbaijan but is now behind bars after being found guilty of fraud and embezzlement in October 2016.
He was slapped with a 15-year prison term and ordered to repay more than $52 million.
... During the course of the investigation, it was revealed Ms Hajiyeva racked up a staggering $30 million bill between 2006 and 2016 thanks to regular shopping sprees at high-end UK department store Harrods, located near the woman's $21.4 million home.
According to the NCA, Ms Hajiyeva was spending around $3 million a year - or $7400 a day - using 35 different credit cards at the store which were all issued by the International Bank of Azerbaijan, The Mirror reported.
... Harrods wasn't her only shopping haunt. Court documents also revealed the 55-year-old once splashed a whopping $280,000 on jewellery in a single day after snapping up a number of items by high-end jewellery, perfume and watches brand Boucheron.
The next day, she allegedly spent more than $3300 on wines and spirits.
Other items on her luxury shopping list include Cartier jewellery worth $186,000, men's goods worth $37,000, an $18.6 million golf club in Berkshire, England and a $58 million jet.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks I now use a colloidal silver nasal spray per YOU. I also have a soap but haven’t found the 6-packs though. My favorite for burns was Silvadene. Probably need to renew that script for our next trip!
Should have said crime.

Asked my friendly family pharmacist about this. It is close enough to being illegal in Australia. She would have nothing to do with it even if it were legal. Nor would the assistant with us at the time.

https://www.superpharmacy.com....log/colloidal-silver
Despite its antimicrobial properties, it is illegal in Australia to make any claims of therapeutic benefit for colloidal silver products. This is partly because there is not enough scientific evidence regarding their benefits, and partly because of the potential toxicity of colloidal silver.
Safety of colloidal silver
Long-term use of colloidal silver products can result in silver building up in the body’s tissues and organs, including the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, cornea, and muscle tissues.
This can lead to an irreversible condition called argyria, a bluish-grey discolouration of the skin, especially in skin areas exposed to the sun such as the face, neck, and arms. The discolouration may also appear in the eyes, internal organs, nails and gums.
The condition is rare and is not thought to cause any serious health problems other than the cosmetic appearance; however, once the silver is deposited, there is no way of getting it out.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:

My interest, of course, is there has to be some compelling behavioural need for all this garbage. Could be as simple as us versus them, our tribe against everyone else's tribes (à la mode de la posse).

It takes no time at all on the Internet to blow Creationism out of the water, so its victims must have some compelling subconscious drive.

Take the Grand Canyon, one of their favourite "proofs". It is clear the structure was build up over millions of years under water, the different sediment layers comprised of a variety of soils. That could not happen over-night, or even in Noah's year at sea.

Then there is the little matter of plants popping up, fully grown, after that spell under his fresh-water flood.

Still reckon the Black Sea inundation is a prime source, adding to my conviction we need to know far more about the real history of the surrounding region.

Churchianity is the sole reason I can see for all this focus on a relatively unimportant culture, militarily and economically. Apart from religion, it played bugger-all part in the region's development.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Thanks I now use a colloidal silver nasal spray per YOU. I also have a soap but haven’t found the 6-packs though. My favorite for burns was Silvadene. Probably need to renew that script for our next trip!
Should have said crime.

Asked my friendly family pharmacist about this. It is close enough to being illegal in Australia. She would have nothing to do with it even if it were legal. Nor would the assistant with us at the time.

https://www.superpharmacy.com....log/colloidal-silver
Despite its antimicrobial properties, it is illegal in Australia to make any claims of therapeutic benefit for colloidal silver products. This is partly because there is not enough scientific evidence regarding their benefits, and partly because of the potential toxicity of colloidal silver.
Long-term use of colloidal silver products can result in silver building up in the body’s tissues and organs, including the skin, liver, spleen, kidney, cornea, and muscle tissues.
This can lead to an irreversible condition called argyria, a bluish-grey discolouration of the skin, especially in skin areas exposed to the sun such as the face, neck, and arms. The discolouration may also appear in the eyes, internal organs, nails and gums.
The condition is rare and is not thought to cause any serious health problems other than the cosmetic appearance; however, once the silver is deposited, there is no way of getting it out.

Argyia is an irreversible discoloration of the pigment (skin) caused by excessive silver intake or chronic exposure to silver by certain tissues. The amount of silver required to develop Argyria is estimated [by the EPA] to be 3.8 grams per day. By comparison standard 10 ppm colloidal silver contains silver in amounts equaling less than 1 milligram of silver (1,000 micrograms = 1 milligram; 1,000 milligrams – 1 gram), which therefore represents an amount approximately 1/500th to 1/1000th of the amount of silver considered to be a risk in the development of Argyria.
Alexander G. Schauss, Ph.D. Director, Life Sciences Division John Hopkins University
https://www.truesilvercolloids.../what-about-argyria/

I use a 20 ppm solution for prevention of colds, flu, minor cuts and scrapes, and to prevent fungal infections on my toenails. But I DO NOT INGEST IT DAILY like some people do!!! And I have been using it for over 20 years. I am as pink as I ever was.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My interest, of course, is there has to be some compelling behavioural need for all this garbage. Could be as simple as us versus them, our tribe against everyone else's tribes (à la mode de la posse).

It takes no time at all on the Internet to blow Creationism out of the water, so its victims must have some compelling subconscious drive.

Take the Grand Canyon, one of their favourite "proofs". It is clear the structure was build up over millions of years under water, the different sediment layers comprised of a variety of soils. That could not happen over-night, or even in Noah's year at sea.

Then there is the little matter of plants popping up, fully grown, after that spell under his fresh-water flood.

Still reckon the Black Sea inundation is a prime source, adding to my conviction we need to know far more about the real history of the surrounding region.

Churchianity is the sole reason I can see for all this focus on a relatively unimportant culture, militarily and economically. Apart from religion, it played bugger-all part in the region's development.

Sorry, but I am so beyond trying to get into their heads anymore. It's gotta be a scary place in there!

Eventually, maybe, just maybe, they will tire of sitting on the edge of their seats and let go of all the continuous and stupid hype.

But when it appeared that the 1948 generation that founded the new Israel was going to die out, they moved the goalpost to the 1967 war generation. The diehards will likely move it again when it appears that generation is expiring without their wildly concocted end times scenario. I just don't care anymore as long as they don't try to preach it to me!

That compelling subconscious drive is to cling to something that they think they understand, imho. They are real quick to tell you that THEY BELIEVE and all you've got is science and it ain't perfect like GOD IS. Never mind that mere imperfect men wrote the Bible!!! As far as they are concerned, GOD WROTE IT. You can show them all the different versions until the cows come home, and they simply will not acknowledge it.

Aadmirable
Picture of Lynn Dee
posted Hide Post
I heard something on the radio the other day that folks here might enjoy. (I know I did.)

A young woman was talking about some breathtaking scene of rural beauty (and it did sound lovely -- somewhere in Louisiana, I think), and she wound up with a rapturous: "When I see the beauty of nature, I just know God created it. It couldn't have been made by man!"

And I said to nobody in particular -- or to her, I guess -- "What?! That's not the dispute! No one's ever said man created earth!"

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 46146 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I use a 20 ppm solution for prevention of colds, flu, minor cuts and scrapes, and to prevent fungal infections on my toenails. But I DO NOT INGEST IT DAILY like some people do!!! And I have been using it for over 20 years. I am as pink as I ever was.

Ta. Will print that out and give it to my FFP.

The rain has eased, so I'd better go feed the birds.

The sooner the magpie breeding season is over the better. The buggers prefer fighting to feeding.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
I heard something on the radio the other day that folks here might enjoy. (I know I did.)

A young woman was talking about some breathtaking scene of rural beauty (and it did sound lovely -- somewhere in Louisiana, I think), and she wound up with a rapturous: "When I see the beauty of nature, I just know God created it. It couldn't have been made by man!"

And I said to nobody in particular -- or to her, I guess -- "What?! That's not the dispute! No one's ever said man created earth!"

You would then get a response about the Big Bang theory not being credible, which is science disputing what God did. And then on to evolution defying what Genesis literallysays happened! :-)

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Yeah, ain't it funny how they all seem to have that ability to derail any real debate on the subject like that! See it all the time amongst my siblings who are "fundies", i.e., literalist and dispensationalist in their beliefs.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The sooner the magpie breeding season is over the better. The buggers prefer fighting to feeding.

For ancient pre-antibiotic use, see:
http://www.silver-colloids.com.../history-silver.html

Lots of people use it as a topical antifungal for feet, toenail and crotch fungus (either soap or liquid). Sprayed up the nose and on fingertips during public exposure during cold and flu season, it prevents the viruses from being able to get a foothold. A couple of gargles with it will stop a sore throat or tonsillitis in its tracks. My sister stops her sinus infections by spraying it up her nose and letting it drain down her throat. The soap easily puts an end to teen pimples and any overgrowth of yeast on the skin which causes "heat rash". A couple of drops in the ears after a swim will prevent "swimmer's ear". It's also effective on boils and other skin infections.

I haven't had a cold or flu for something close to 20 years (except the one time I went to the grocery store with my sister without spraying myself - and I caught a cold). And I've taken no flu shots during that period. I used it once when I got some kind of eye infection (probably from the feral cats). Couple of drops in each eye a couple times a day for 2 days and it was history.

Since I am allergic to several antibiotics, I don't know what I would do without the stuff. Don't know a single soul who is allergic to it either... And it certainly keeps my doctor bills down.

The birds here have been quite frisky here since it started getting cooler. Even the cats are romping and frolicing!

Although we got a late start, we didn't ease into Fall the way we normally do. It came in with a big bang! Couple of weeks ago it was 70s at night with highs in the 80s-low 90s for daytime temps. Then we got about a week and a half with lows in the 60s and highs in the low 80s, but last night it fell into the low 40s and we are to reach 63 for a high today. Next couple of weeks looks like 40s for lows and 60s-near 70, which is "normal" for this time of year, it's just that we normally ease into it instead of being slapped with it!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

For ancient pre-antibiotic use, see:
http://www.silver-colloids.com.../history-silver.html

Lots of people use it as a topical antifungal for feet, toenail and crotch fungus (either soap or liquid). Sprayed up the nose and on fingertips during public exposure during cold and flu season, it prevents the viruses from being able to get a foothold. A couple of gargles with it will stop a sore throat or tonsillitis in its tracks. My sister stops her sinus infections by spraying it up her nose and letting it drain down her throat. The soap easily puts an end to teen pimples and any overgrowth of yeast on the skin which causes "heat rash". A couple of drops in the ears after a swim will prevent "swimmer's ear". It's also effective on boils and other skin infections.

I haven't had a cold or flu for something close to 20 years (except the one time I went to the grocery store with my sister without spraying myself - and I caught a cold). And I've taken no flu shots during that period. I used it once when I got some kind of eye infection (probably from the feral cats). Couple of drops in each eye a couple times a day for 2 days and it was history.

Since I am allergic to several antibiotics, I don't know what I would do without the stuff. Don't know a single soul who is allergic to it either... And it certainly keeps my doctor bills down.

The birds here have been quite frisky here since it started getting cooler. Even the cats are romping and frolicing!

Although we got a late start, we didn't ease into Fall the way we normally do. It came in with a big bang! Couple of weeks ago it was 70s at night with highs in the 80s-low 90s for daytime temps. Then we got about a week and a half with lows in the 60s and highs in the low 80s, but last night it fell into the low 40s and we are to reach 63 for a high today. Next couple of weeks looks like 40s for lows and 60s-near 70, which is "normal" for this time of year, it's just that we normally ease into it instead of being slapped with it!

We supposedly had the chance of flurries last night. The winds were to get to 55. Calmer today but still windy enough to make towing a trailer a pain! We aren’t seeing any more high 60s which is early for us.

As for silver, it is out in clothing that needs a deodorant property. I’ve seen programs on blue people, but they were taking only orally. I’m using the nose spray when I remember mostly on my hands since I got the CPAP before then just when I was in crowds that seemed sick, in winter, or winter flights!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
We supposedly had the chance of flurries last night. The winds were to get to 55. Calmer today but still windy enough to make towing a trailer a pain! We aren’t seeing any more high 60s which is early for us.

We had a bit of wind last night after a rainy day. The sun is out today, so that makes it a bit more easy to take.

quote:
As for silver, it is out in clothing that needs a deodorant property. I’ve seen programs on blue people, but they were taking only orally. I’m using the nose spray when I remember mostly on my hands since I got the CPAP before then just when I was in crowds that seemed sick, in winter, or winter flights!

Yeah, it's those crazies who drink the high ppm stuff that tend to turn blue! But 10-20 ppm is plenty strong enough - no need to get it in the 100s-1000s ppm. I think it's 2 minutes within 1/4 inch of the silver particles is all it takes to kill bacteria, viruses, and fungi.

I bought a colloidal silver making machine and 5' of silver wire about 15 years ago when there was some stink about banning it. Have never used it since I can still purchase it at a decent price. And anyway, I want to keep the machine and silver just in case...

And yes, they have been using it in clothing for a number of years now. It will cause body odor to drop dead in a matter of minutes with a couple of squirts of the stuff in the armpits, feet, and clothing. Knocks bad breath to kingdom come in short order too.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, ain't it funny how they all seem to have that ability to derail any real debate on the subject like that! See it all the time amongst my siblings who are "fundies", i.e., literalist and dispensationalist in their beliefs.

I remember asking that type to explain why God conned David into conducting his census.

No one even tried.

Takes only a few minutes to realise why that story was manufactured.

You'll see what I mean if you read https://www.gotquestions.org/David-census.html

No explanation at all of why God was angry with Israel in the first place, the reason he conned David into creating his census in the first place.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:

What really bugs me, and I see it every time there is a disaster anywhere in the world, is those survivors who give thanks to their deity for saving them.

Not a word to the firemen, police, military, the enormous variety of volunteers, who actually did the saving.

No mention, either, of the countless victims who were not saved at all by deity or valiant caring human effort.

I note, too, that in the Genesis creation stories, although they do mention the "heavens", in fact the entire focus is on the creation of our one planet. Not one word about what actually is in the heavens, that the stars are in fact suns in countless other solar systems.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I remember asking that type to explain why God conned David into conducting his census.

No one even tried.

Takes only a few minutes to realise why that story was manufactured.

Oh yeah, ain't the mixing of religion and politics grand!?

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
What really bugs me, and I see it every time there is a disaster anywhere in the world, is those survivors who give thanks to their deity for saving them.

Not a word to the firemen, police, military, the enormous variety of volunteers, who actually did the saving.

Wouldn't it be nice if they would simply thank them and ask God to bless them?

quote:
I note, too, that in the Genesis creation stories, although they do mention the "heavens", in fact the entire focus is on the creation of our one planet. Not one word about what actually is in the heavens, that the stars are in fact suns in countless other solar systems.

Now, now. You know the Bible is neither a historical nor scientific thesis of "creation" Duck!   :duck:

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh yeah, ain't the mixing of religion and politics grand!?

Does that mean you are agreeing with me that religion and politics are mere subsets of mythology Smile   :)

You might have missed my later (now amended) addition to David's census:

Takes only a few minutes to realise why that story was manufactured. You'll see what I mean if you read https://www.gotquestions.org/David-census.html

No explanation at all of why God was angry with Israel to begin with, the reason he conned David into creating his census in the first place.