Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
I vote for this being a common motif in myth/history where warring kings have a passed around woman/wife and violate theoxeny/hospitality and get a Thomas Nagel non-local teleological get rid of the dinosaurs plague in the interest of rebooting the evolution of consciousness. It's more like God's angels allow plagues to play out rather than causing them. They have a Star Trek prime directive-like don't overly interfere with developing species kind of view.

There you are! Nice to see you again.

And yeah, that could well be.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Cool. Like that.

Let's see how others react.

Have you yet managed to get a decent sleep?

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

Nah, maybe tonight. I left Baby outside until just 30 minutes ago, so maybe she won't be waking me up. Now, if I can just keep my mouth calmed, I may just be able to sleep 'til morning.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
So for me there's kind of a history/myth morphing of Nefertiti, Bathsheba, Sarah, Helen, Henti, etc. in relation to the Zoroastrianism, Atenism, and Judaism monotheism.

Given that the Epic of Gilgamesh shows a clear resemblance between Enkidu and the Neanderthals who had died out close to 30,000 years earlier, perhaps we need to go much further back than a few thousand years to find the origins of the rehashed mythologies and legends which arrived in the Tanakh somewhere around 3000 years ago.

Interestingly, one description of Enkidu closely matches that of the Australian Yowie, which is as near as dammit to descriptions of the Yeti, Bigfoot, and so on.

We know for a fact that at least 20 First Australian stories refer conclusively to the rise in sea water following the end of the Ice Age. Geologists and botanists agree that another story, from the Atherton Tableland, is factually based on seismic eruptions between 17,000 and 12,000 years ago.

Had fun with an Amazon poster who had no faith whatsoever in the memory skills of those living in oral cultures. He compared them with with the Chinese Whispers childhood game Doh!   :doh:

Reality is, training the memory was a basic task, at least for those selected such as the Druids, who are said to have spent 20 years on this.

Wish I could verify a reference to official Hawaiian story tellers. It said that if anyone erred when reciting their king's genealogy and history they were killed. Incentive enough to have a top-quality memory.

Synchronicity Rules OK

Found this instead:

Kapu refers to a system of taboos designed to separate the spiritually pure from the potentially unclean. This kapu system was brutal in its warlike rule, introducing gods in need of almost daily sacrifices . The Na Ali’i, or ruling class, who came to power were considered children of the gods. They required obedience in the form of protocols, restrictions, and rituals which could include human sacrifices. Punishments for breaking the kapu could include death, although if one could escape to a puʻuhonua, a city of refuge, one could be saved.
https://www.tourmaui.com/maui-demigod/

Yet more evidence for me, of course, there is no real difference between religion and politics. Religion, with its threats, reinforces the will of the political/royal rulers.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Cool. Like that.

Let's see how others react.

Finally! A decent night's sleep.

And we are in for a couple of cold and soggy days, so naps shouldn't be hard to come by either, even for Miz Baby Smile   :)

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Given that the Epic of Gilgamesh shows a clear resemblance between Enkidu and the Neanderthals who had died out close to 30,000 years earlier, perhaps we need to go much further back than a few thousand years to find the origins of the rehashed mythologies and legends which arrived in the Tanakh somewhere around 3000 years ago.

Well Nefertiti and Henti were actual history and yes they could have been morphed with modified myths going back tens of thousands of years; Zoroaster after all was trying to fix very old ideas that had morphed away from what they were originally. Old myths and old shamanism have a tendency to drift over time. I kind of have an interest in how well more modern things can get back to their original meaning and that includes modern channeling.

Posts: 1149 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:

At long last. Make the most of it.

When you finally have your new teeth in and can manage to get a firm grip on things, I have found a site which comes close to what I have been looking for most of my life. You'll need those teeth, so might I humbly suggest you put this on hold until then?

Ironically, Ashraf Ezzat is an Alexandrian. He is a little more, shall we say assertive, than I am, and goes astray when he tears a strip off the Jews for breach of copyright, a concept inconceivable at the time.

Apart from one aspect I consider important, his argument is pretty much in line with what I have been saying.

Nice to know there is indeed someone who thinks the same way Smile   :)

Have barely started reading him, and suggest you wait till you are back in your full form before taking this one on.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

At long last. Make the most of it.

When you finally have your new teeth in and can manage to get a firm grip on things, I have found a site which comes close to what I have been looking for most of my life. You'll need those teeth, so might I humbly suggest you put this on hold until then?

Ironically, Ashraf Ezzat is an Alexandrian. He is a little more, shall we say assertive, than I am, and goes astray when he tears a strip off the Jews for breach of copyright, a concept inconceivable at the time.

Apart from one aspect I consider important, his argument is pretty much in line with what I have been saying.

Nice to know there is indeed someone who thinks the same way Smile   :)

Have barely started reading him, and suggest you wait till you are back in your full form before taking this one on.

Hmmm...

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well Nefertiti and Henti were actual history and yes they could have been morphed with modified myths going back tens of thousands of years; Zoroaster after all was trying to fix very old ideas that had morphed away from what they were originally. Old myths and old shamanism have a tendency to drift over time. I kind of have an interest in how well more modern things can get back to their original meaning and that includes modern channeling.

Still reckon we need to go much further back.

Given that we have been around some 300,000 years, and really started to hit our straps perhaps 50,000 years ago, for me it is not enough to begin our research less than 6,000 years in our past.

As you know, I can not separate religion from politics; both are about behaviour control. Hand in glove, religio-political control has denied us the right to follow the track we started on all those millennia ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ligion_and_mythology does a good job of showing us just what the Abrahamic religions have cost us as human beings.

Could well be wrong, however I see channelling as a neologism which covers just part of what the shamans included amongst climbing the World Tree. Once we started to build cities we began to lose touch with Nature, the core of all. Such a pity you live in Arizona. Maybe you could find a fellow-minded doctor, or take a trip to Colorado (actually that pun was not intended -- maybe it is telling us something?) Smile   :) Adonai did, after all, give us the herb and said it is good.

Even in our own pre-Christian culture the Druids had the Oak. We also had Yggdrasil, the Sumerians had the Cedar with its symbiotic Amanita muscaria, the Egyptians the Ished Tree and the Palm. Adonai's consort Asherah/Astarte was a tree goddess in earlier religions, hence the Jewish hatred of the Asherah Pole.

http://www.touregypt.net/featu...ries/treegoddess.htm
Horus was associated with the acacia, while Osiris and Re were tied with the willow and the sycamore, respectively... Re was also associated with the ished tree (a laurel). Also, Wepwawet was paired with the Tamarisk...

Long before that, the First Australians, with the oldest living culture, provided answers none of the Abrahamic politico-religions can match. Our problem, of course, is our Christianised Eurocentrism which denies us the ability to comprehend a culture which is at least ten times older than that of the Sumerians and Egyptians whose mythologies led to the much later Abrahamic ones.

Trees and humans: "Aborigine people believe that they share their being with their country and all that is within it". "So when a person dies their country suffers, trees die and become scarred because it is believed that came into being because of the deceased person ".[37]

Trees are vital in the all-important smoking ceremony:
https://www.australiaday.com.a...on/smoking-ceremony/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ligion_and_mythology
" Aboriginal people learned from their stories that a society must not be human-centred but rather land centred, otherwise they forget their source and purpose ... humans are prone to exploitative behaviour if not constantly reminded they are interconnected with the rest of creation, that they as individuals are only temporal in time, and past and future generations must be included in their perception of their purpose in life."[22]

We have, too, been denied the concept of reincarnation.

This explains why the Aboriginals are very protective of sites they call sacred. The Aboriginals believe that life is a never-ending cycle. You are born, you die, you are born again as an animal, human or other life form.

In particular, scholars suggest the Murrinh-Patha have a oneness of thought, belief, and expression [I] unequalled within Christianity, as they see all aspects of their lives, thoughts and culture as under the continuing influence of their Dreaming.[41] Within this Aboriginal religion, no distinction is drawn between things spiritual/ideal/mental and things material; nor is any distinction drawn between things sacred and things profane: rather all life is 'sacred', all conduct has 'moral' implication, and all life's meaning arises out of this eternal, everpresent Dreaming.[41][/I]

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm...

Judaism does say to distance ourselves from words of falsehood.

On the other hand, as we see in Islam, if told for the right purpose, "white" lies are perfectly acceptable.

Some suggest the Ten Commandments are based on the Egyptian Book of the Dead, where the soul says "I have not..." instead of "Thou shalt not..."

Why did the Ten omit Hail, Neba, who comest and goest, I have not uttered lies?

(Must admit: recently re-discovered a card I received from the religious group I volunteered with. One signed off with: To a fellow ****-stirrer. Keep stirring the pot.

Advice I have given my life to.)

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ligion_and_mythology does a good job of showing us just what the Abrahamic religions have cost us as human beings.

Could well be wrong, however I see channelling as a neologism which covers just part of what the shamans included amongst climbing the World Tree. Once we started to build cities we began to lose touch with Nature, the core of all. Such a pity you live in Arizona. Maybe you could find a fellow-minded doctor, or take a trip to Colorado (actually that pun was not intended -- maybe it is telling us something?) Smile   :) Adonai did, after all, give us the herb and said it is good.

Even in our own pre-Christian culture the Druids had the Oak. We also had Yggdrasil, the Sumerians had the Cedar with its symbiotic Amanita muscaria, the Egyptians the Ished Tree and the Palm. Adonai's consort Asherah/Astarte was a tree goddess in earlier religions, hence the Jewish hatred of the Asherah Pole.

http://www.touregypt.net/featu...ries/treegoddess.htm
Horus was associated with the acacia, while Osiris and Re were tied with the willow and the sycamore, respectively... Re was also associated with the ished tree (a laurel). Also, Wepwawet was paired with the Tamarisk...

Long before that, the First Australians, with the oldest living culture, provided answers none of the Abrahamic politico-religions can match... this Aboriginal religion, no distinction is drawn between things spiritual/ideal/mental and things material; nor is any distinction drawn between things sacred and things profane: rather all life is 'sacred', all conduct has 'moral' implication, and all life's meaning arises out of this eternal, everpresent Dreaming.[41][/I]

Yeah my Paleochristian channeling group likes reincarnation and karma implications which includes the Younger Dryas comet fragments. I've been to Colorado, my wife was born and grew up there; there's a really good natural amphitheater there. Was a boy scout so I camped out a lot in the woods (used to live in upstate New York.) Will be back out in the woods with my Brother in law for Christmas vacation. Cabin not tents now though.

Posts: 1149 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
https://apple.news/AcDwLab6TS7WfIwC3kf4vIg

“Shortly before Fox News C.E.O. Roger Ailes was fired, in July 2016, after dozens of women accused him of sexual harassment, he delivered a warning to his boss, Rupert Murdoch. “Trump gets great ratings, but if you’re not careful, he is going to end up totally controlling Fox News,” Ailes said, a source briefed on the conversation recently recalled. “Roger was highly annoyed with Trump. He couldn’t contain him at all,” a high-level Fox staffer remembered.”

“But now there’s a new boss in charge—sort of. His name is Lachlan Murdoch. In May, Rupert named Lachlan, his elder son, chairman and C.E.O. of “New Fox,” the slimmed-down parent company that will emerge out of the Murdochs’ $71 billion deal to sell most of their entertainment assets to Disney. Lachlan, 47, is the heir that Rupert most wanted to succeed him even though, of the candidates in the family, Lachlan seemed to want the job least. He’s never been a political junkie like his father, an overt careerist like younger brother James, or a rebellious entrepreneur like older sister Liz. In 2005, Lachlan famously walked away from the company after clashing with Ailes and former C.O.O. Peter Chernin and moved back to the family’s native Australia.”

Posts: 12964 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
“But now there’s a new boss in charge—sort of. His name is Lachlan Murdoch. In May, Rupert named Lachlan, his elder son, chairman and C.E.O. of “New Fox,” the slimmed-down parent company that will emerge out of the Murdochs’ $71 billion deal to sell most of their entertainment assets to Disney.

Quest Newspapers was formed in 1985, a merger of Northern Star Holdings, where I then worked as a deputy editor on one masthead, and The Courier-Mail, which has been totally controlled by Murdoch since 1987.

Apart from my never-ending brawl with management over industrial issues, only once was I sacked for publishing an April Fool's Day story satirising the corrupt State Government.

This came from his National Party supporters in Northern Star, not the Courier.

As a trade union member I was reinstated in full by the Industrial Commission, and the Courier head honchos effectively promoted me as editor of two different newspapers.

Wasn't too popular with some, as I took over two utter failures and and pulled them into the top four mastheads out of maybe 14. That was all due to my mentor, a previous editor whose style I followed as best I could.

All Murdoch newspapers here are notoriously right-wing.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
“But now there’s a new boss in charge—sort of. His name is Lachlan Murdoch. In May, Rupert named Lachlan, his elder son, chairman and C.E.O. of “New Fox,” the slimmed-down parent company that will emerge out of the Murdochs’ $71 billion deal to sell most of their entertainment assets to Disney.

Quest Newspapers was formed in 1985, a merger of Northern Star Holdings, where I then worked as a deputy editor on one masthead, and The Courier-Mail, which has been totally controlled by Murdoch since 1987.

Apart from my never-ending brawl with management over industrial issues, only once was I sacked for publishing an April Fool's Day story satirising the corrupt State Government.

This came from his National Party supporters in Northern Star, not the Courier.

As a trade union member I was reinstated in full by the Industrial Commission, and the Courier head honchos effectively promoted me as editor of two different newspapers.

Wasn't too popular with some, as I took over two utter failures and and pulled them into the top four mastheads out of maybe 14. That was all due to my mentor, a previous editor whose style I followed as best I could.

All Murdoch newspapers here are notoriously right-wing.

I was hoping you’d see this! I just wanted you to know how “they “ are doing.

The rest of the article is interesting and sad as it show how much Fox is either running the WH or the only group that has the president’s ear.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah my Paleochristian channeling group likes reincarnation and karma implications which includes the Younger Dryas comet fragments. I've been to Colorado, my wife was born and grew up there; there's a really good natural amphitheater there. Was a boy scout so I camped out a lot in the woods (used to live in upstate New York.) Will be back out in the woods with my Brother in law for Christmas vacation. Cabin not tents now though.

I, of course, was thinking of Colorado as a source of your ASC entheogen. Improves channelling no end Smile   :)

Oh, mate, is there no limit to the synchronicity which rules my life?

You know my reservations about earlier atomic civilisations on our planet.

Chasing up that Alexandrian I mentioned to JR, I found on one of his sites something I knew zilch about, the Tamil association with Lemurai. Nothing at all like what I know about the Tamils. That poster was absolutely spewing about the lack of recognition of how he saw Lemuria.

My reading since then also has further reinforced my Confirmation Bias towards orthodox science. Would love to know what is hidden in the depths of the Smithsonian. You have no idea how often I have seen those allegations.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I was hoping you’d see this! I just wanted you to know how “they “ are doing.
The rest of the article is interesting and sad as it show how much Fox is either running the WH or the only group that has the president’s ear.

Rupert Murdoch, for me, is a prime example of a fair dinkum Peter Pan. He has never grown up. A decade older than I, he married his fourth wife, Mick Jagger's ex, Jerry Hall, in 2016. In fairness, I envy his potency.

https://www.independent.co.uk/...-trump-a8138556.html
The youngest son of Fox News owner Rupert Murdoch has reportedly told people privately that he is embarrassed by some of the network’s coverage of issues like climate change, a New York Times report says.
The report indicates that James Murdoch, who became Chief Executive Officer of 21st Century Fox in 2015, holds more progressive views than his father or older brother, Lachlan Murdoch, and that those views have created friction within the family to some degree. The details came from individuals who are friendly with the Murdochs, though they had asked to remain anonymous to maintain close contact with the family.
...The President also reportedly has a keen interest in making sure the network, which regularly covers his presidency in a positive light, does not change incredibly if it is told to Disney. Last month, according to the report, Mr Trump personally called Rupert Murdoch — who is executive chairman of 21st Century Fox — to make sure that a potential deal wasn’t going to change Fox News.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
The whole of the other article seemed similar.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I, of course, was thinking of Colorado as a source of your ASC entheogen. Improves channelling no end Smile   :)

Oh, mate, is there no limit to the synchronicity which rules my life?

You know my reservations about earlier atomic civilisations on our planet.

Chasing up that Alexandrian I mentioned to JR, I found on one of his sites something I knew zilch about, the Tamil association with Lemurai. Nothing at all like what I know about the Tamils. That poster was absolutely spewing about the lack of recognition of how he saw Lemuria.

My reading since then also has further reinforced my Confirmation Bias towards orthodox science. Would love to know what is hidden in the depths of the Smithsonian. You have no idea how often I have seen those allegations.

I've only managed to visit one section, the Geology, Gems and Minerals Museum, but there has been much said about what "could" be hidden there. Only about 10% or so of its treasures are actually on display, so I'm told.

This first one is about 5 hours and I haven't watched but a few minutes of it.

What is the Smithsonian Hidding

Smithsonian Hidden Treasures

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I've only managed to visit one section, the Geology, Gems and Minerals Museum, but there has been much said about what "could" be hidden there. Only about 10% or so of its treasures are actually on display, so I'm told.
This first one is about 5 hours and I haven't watched but a few minutes of it.
What is the Smithsonian Hidding

Smithsonian Hidden Treasures

Took a while for it to dawn on me, then I remembered chasing up Brien Foerster way back on Amazon.

As I remember it, the issues was the elongated heads of Peruvians which he insisted had been found to contain alien DNA.

He refused to provide any evidence, refused to have those skulls tested by a reputable authority.

I'm still convinced orthodox science creates massive cover-ups, so I'll retain my interest in anything new.

Some of the material on his site most certainly needs real, not orthodox, scientists examining it.

Then there's this (hope you can cope better than I with the voice-over):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDy7ygZg50

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
How an outsider [Dr. Moir, a native Australian] in Alzheimer’s research bucked the prevailing theory — and clawed for validation

It's kinda long but very interesting.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/...d-prevailing-theory/