Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Then there's this (hope you can cope better than I with the voice-over):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhDy7ygZg50

Yes, his voice was rather tinny, but I managed to get through it alright. Interesting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
How an outsider [Dr. Moir, a native Australian] in Alzheimer’s research bucked the prevailing theory — and clawed for validation

It's kinda long but very interesting.

https://www.statnews.com/2018/...d-prevailing-theory/

Looks interesting

Posts: 10813 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
How an outsider [Dr. Moir, a native Australian] in Alzheimer’s research bucked the prevailing theory — and clawed for validation
It's kinda long but very interesting.
https://www.statnews.com/2018/...d-prevailing-theory/

Hard to understand why science can't do better on this.

A firing squad for those who reject real science in those journals would be asking too much, I suppose.

Surely it would not be all that difficult to set up an Internet site for unorthodox non-conventional scientific thinking and get the good stuff out in the open?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hard to understand why science can't do better on this.

A firing squad for those who reject real science in those journals would be asking too much, I suppose.

Surely it would not be all that difficult to set up an Internet site for unorthodox non-conventional scientific thinking and get the good stuff out in the open?

Guess science is much like religion, science gets stuck on a theory just like religion gets stuck on a theology...

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Orthodoxy Rules OK

quote:
Guess science is much like religion, science gets stuck on a theory just like religion gets stuck on a theology...

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Took a while for it to dawn on me, then I remembered chasing up Brien Foerster way back on Amazon.

As I remember it, the issues was the elongated heads of Peruvians which he insisted had been found to contain alien DNA.

He refused to provide any evidence, refused to have those skulls tested by a reputable authority.

I'm still convinced orthodox science creates massive cover-ups, so I'll retain my interest in anything new.

Some of the material on his site most certainly needs real, not orthodox, scientists examining it.

In addition to Foerster, my favorite channeling hypnotherapist mentions Carleton Coon as saying there were lots of skulls but Coon would only talk about the ones with published reports. She agrees it's criminal how mainstream science handles these kinds of topics. Here's a link she mentioned (it has Nefertiti in there):

http://www.soul-guidance.com/h...tedskullseurope.html

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
In addition to Foerster, my favorite channeling hypnotherapist mentions Carleton Coon as saying there were lots of skulls but Coon would only talk about the ones with published reports. She agrees it's criminal how mainstream science handles these kinds of topics. Here's a link she mentioned (it has Nefertiti in there):

http://www.soul-guidance.com/h...tedskullseurope.html

Has anyone who believes elongated skulls were natural ever read https://www.independent.co.uk/...ornell-a8210521.html ?

Or https://www.ancient-origins.ne...ongated-skulls-00939 ?

Still leaves open the question of why round-heads chose to define their status this way.

Gotta go or will have nothing to eat or drink tonight.

Like Schwarzenegger. I'll be back.

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
There's a reason to look at Europe for possible natural ones too (there are artificial ones in the Americas too):

https://www.ancient-origins.ne...kulls-changes-020914

quote:
The elongated skulls of Paracas in Peru caused a stir in 2014 when a geneticist that carried out preliminary DNA testing reported that they have mitochondrial DNA “with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far”. Now a second round of DNA testing has been completed and the results are just as controversial – the skulls tested, which date back as far as 2,000 years, were shown to have European and Middle Eastern Origin. These surprising results change the known history about how the Americas were populated.

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/t...5/page-3#post-760615

quote:
Based on the articles posted above, which give more clear data about the DNA tests, they begin to look more reliable though the results are certainly not that of "aliens". Those of you who have read some of the books suggested in the "Into Africa Theory" thread ( The Forgotten Exodus: The Into Africa Theory of Human Evolution ), especially those works about sequencing ancient DNA, will see that the explanations are reasonable. What is annoying is the sensationalist and somewhat misleading way that Foerster presents the work. I don't think this is deliberate, he just doesn't seem to understand genetics.

Reading further about such skulls in the additional articles suggests that there is a definite connection between the Ica/Paracas skulls and European ones. The article about cranial deformation suggests strongly that the center of this "behavior", or more likely, the origin of this mutation, is in the Caucasus area, and that the individuals were elites.

Were the skulls as exaggerated in the beginning, or was this a result of population isolation (according to the usual ways this happens as discussed in the thread linked above) which concentrated the mutation??? How OLD was the mutation? Foerster, not being a professional in this field, and going about this the way he is, is not in a position to make those kinds of judgments.

Notice another interesting factor: that the practice of cranial deformation was present early in the Americas... that is certainly true, based on the evidence, but were ALL such skulls artificially deformed, or were some natural, as the Ica/Paraca skulls appear to be?

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Had been having a really difficult time keeping myself on a sleep/wake schedule. Was sleeping only 2-3 hours at a time. So I finally got myself some Natural Balance Happy Sleeper capsules. Dang, I wish I had done it much earlier!

I have been taking Natural Balance Happy Camper for quite some time for my rainy day blues, but didn't know that they also had the sleep aid.

I don't do well with drugs, and I don't want to make a habit of taking them - especially for things like sleep. Really glad I found this stuff. I highly recommend it for any time you have a little difficulty sleeping due to aches, pains, jet lag, insomnia, etc.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
[So far, the only Natural Balance I can find here is dog food.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
[So far, the only Natural Balance I can find here is dog food.

That's because you didn't add "Happy Sleeper" in your search...

Happy Sleeper

Happy Camper

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Actually I did, and found the product.

But not, it seems, here in Australia.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Actually I did, and found the product.

But not, it seems, here in Australia.

When I search with "Natural Balance Happy Sleeper AU" it gives me a page of results that includes:

https://vitamingrocer.com.au/c...happy-sleeper-149289

And while it is a mail order site, the ".com.au" designates it as being an AU site...?

I also did a search on "Herbal Stores Brisbane" but couldn't find it listed on any of their websites.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are moving? Somehow I missed that event along with the new teeth!

Yeah, but not right away. I actually hadn't planned on looking for a place until sometime late next year, at the earliest. But...

The sis who lives 45 minutes north of me retired in July of this year.
We had originally agreed to move into the same neighborhood on the north end of Atlanta, somewhere around Acworth/Kennesaw/Canton/Cartersville area.

Her current property was bought out by a community development group and she only has until the end of this month to find a place to move to. Trouble is, she found that she can't afford to purchase a house on her own now that she only has retirement income, so I've reluctantly agreed to share a property with her IF we can establish separate living quarters within the same house. And my portion has to have easy access (no stairs). So she set out trying to find a 2-story home that was already divided into 2 separate living quarters. IF the upper floor had been even with the ground, I would have taken the upper floor and she, the basement. Had the lower floor been even with the ground, I would have taken the lower floor.

But she found a house within our price range where the garage in on the lower floor and connected to a walk-out basement, and with stairs going to the ground-level/main floor of the house. Trouble is, the basement has been only partially finished, so I will have to have contractors in to finish off the floor in which I will live. IOW, now I will have to build the house in which I will live, although I will have already paid half of the price for property... But, at least I won't be living there while the work is being done, because I'm not moving until it is already completed. And I'm not putting this house on the market until I have already moved out.

But, like I said earlier, this couldn't have come at a worse time for me. I don't like having to deal with contracts and large sums of money when I'm suffering this kind of pain and the upcoming surgery isn't going to be a picnic in the park either! IF we get this house, it will all have to be signed, sealed, and delivered by the 19th of this month!!! About the time I expect the surgery to take place.

It's just too much... And I have bitten that poor girl's head off several times already, and we are only 2 days into this. If it keeps up, she won't have a neck left to reattach the thing to. Not that she uses it much anyway...but...

The other trouble is - we are polar opposites. She is a run, run, run, do, do, do, worry, worry, worry, regret, regret, regret kinda person. I mean, she will get in the car, back out of the driveway, and head left for a mile or so without ever thinking of where she is headed, and then throw her hands up in the air and say, "Oh shoot, I shoulda gone the other way! I coulda just gone down Cherokee St. and turned onto McCullum PKY!" And then, "Well, I guess I'll just have to turn around and go back, because I don't know how to get there from here." Sheesh! A real estate agent strongly suggested she get a GPS...and she finally did!

I just cannot imagine backing out of the driveway with no clear idea of where I'm going and how to get there. If I don't know where something is, I look it up on the computer, jot a quick set of directions on a slip of paper and take it with me.

She will go shopping with nothing in mind to purchase, while I would never go shopping without a clear idea of what I was looking for or need.

She will find herself with an extra $100 and say, "I guess I could put it in the savings account" whereas I would make a point to have a $100 to move to the savings account.

Oh, let me shut up!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
At one time they were making houses with two master bedrooms. There was a house design that looked like an H that could have been modified that way too. The center of the H is the living room. But, by the time I finished reading I was thinking more duplex! And yes having to remodeling is a mess but it can be nice to have a choice, nevertheless I can’t imagine without a percentage of ownership different than 50-50 if you are contributing more than 50%,

As my MIL recovers from a stroke her live in daughter has been having her sister clay to help with care taking. My MIL does not own the house, it was gifted to her years ago to protect assets. She won’t be able to take care of the house by herself, on retirement. And I think her sister is going to try to move in and gift her house to her son who is on subsistence from the state. I fear she is going to expect some part of her mother’s house since she helped with the care taking. But not the other 30 odd years!

As for teet, I babysat for some teens whose mother went to the hospital for dentures. Their plan was that after taking her teeth out she would immediately have dentures in place and there was no time she would deal with missing teeth. Nevertheless it was comfortable, and iirc she was 3-4 days in the hospital.

I wish you less pain for sure. Having had a couple of implants I can tell you that the pain was less than expected. About 3-6 Percocets each.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
At one time they were making houses with two master bedrooms. There was a house design that looked like an H that could have been modified that way too. The center of the H is the living room.

We discussed that (it was HER idea), but I nixed it right away. I want my own living space sans all that constant 'you coulda, woulda, shouda' from her - as if I don't think of those things BEFORE I do something.

quote:
But, by the time I finished reading I was thinking more duplex! And yes having to remodeling is a mess but it can be nice to have a choice, nevertheless I can’t imagine without a percentage of ownership different than 50-50 if you are contributing more than 50%

The problem with duplexes is that they usually don't have much property with them because they are generally built with the idea as rental property.

And yes, I will have more than 50% investment in the property while she will have the larger living space, but, I am the one with the physical limitations, so I'm not going to get all hung up over it. And she will serve as my 'cleaning lady', so that is a big bonus as far as I am concerned. Plus, we tend to like a lot of the same foods, so sharing pots of soup, pasta salads, etc., rather than eating them for a week, is going to be nice for both of us. I just have to get her to throw out all of her rubber spatulas and lids and replace them with silicone ones because of my latex allergy. Will have to have separate laundry facilities for the same reason. She is big on latex/spandex and I can't have those things in my washer/dryer.

quote:
As my MIL recovers from a stroke her live in daughter has been having her sister clay to help with care taking. My MIL does not own the house, it was gifted to her years ago to protect assets. She won’t be able to take care of the house by herself, on retirement. And I think her sister is going to try to move in and gift her house to her son who is on subsistence from the state. I fear she is going to expect some part of her mother’s house since she helped with the care taking. But not the other 30 odd years!

This sis is the one I've chosen as my inheritor, and I am hers, so that part of it will work out well. And neither of us has any children or ex-spouses who can lay claim.

quote:
As for teet, I babysat for some teens whose mother went to the hospital for dentures. Their plan was that after taking her teeth out she would immediately have dentures in place and there was no time she would deal with missing teeth. Nevertheless it was comfortable, and iirc she was 3-4 days in the hospital.

I wish you less pain for sure. Having had a couple of implants I can tell you that the pain was less than expected. About 3-6 Percocets each.

Yes, I will come home with temporary dentures in place - until the gums heal (3-6 months). THEN they will place the posts in for the permanent dentures. The trouble is...I'm allergic to pain meds like percocet and codeine as well as many antibiotics. So I am not an easy patient to deal with.

Needless to say, it's not something I'm looking forward to, but it's also something that I just want to get over with!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Duplexes in our area do have owners and a bit of lawn, but I agree they don’t have much property in the cities.

I had no idea it was so long until gums healed! Even one of my implants that couldn’t be done immediately wasn’t that long. But yes I was thinking about you not taking meds. I actually prefer oxycodene to Percocet! I had too much codeine as a teen and young adult, so it now messes up my stomach!

Wishing you some luck and low pain during the surgery. And yes I was thinking about your cleaning being easier and being able to lay on the couch without having to interact with someone!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
The elongated skulls of Paracas in Peru caused a stir in 2014 when a geneticist that carried out preliminary DNA testing reported that they have mitochondrial DNA “with mutations unknown in any human, primate, or animal known so far”. Now a second round of DNA testing has been completed and the results are just as controversial – the skulls tested, which date back as far as 2,000 years, were shown to have European and Middle Eastern Origin. These surprising results change the known history about how the Americas were populated.

When you get back, bluelamp, take a long hard look at
https://www.ancient-origins.ne...t-croix-basin-005688

The home site there is well worth investigating IMO.

Then there's:
https://www.ancient-origins.ne...fferent-story-021833
In all three of the basic, ancient Middle Eastern languages —Hebrew, Sumerian and Babylonian – a scholar with a secular bias would produce a different translation of the same text from that produced by a scholar with a religious bias. This may be very easily illustrated. . . . and yet these simple phrases, which hold the fundamentals of present-day Jewish and Christian teaching, are beset with traps of which the average Church member knows nothing. We shall open our bag of doubts by discussing three of them.

When I get my head together, I'll send some sites on Viracocha which, for me, anyway, open up new vistas.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I had no idea it was so long until gums healed! Even one of my implants that couldn’t be done immediately wasn’t that long. But yes I was thinking about you not taking meds. I actually prefer oxycodene to Percocet! I had too much codeine as a teen and young adult, so it now messes up my stomach!

Evidently it's a little different when working with a mouthful of extractions. And many of mine will have to be surgically removed because they are crowned with root canal.

Some dentists will do a full-mouth extraction and immediately install the posts, but the patient runs a big risk of getting an infection with dentures sitting on the prongs before the gums have fully healed. The alternative is to have the prongs sticking up out of your gums for weeks without the dentures attached. Nyet! Or a long regiment of antibiotics. Nyet, nyet! My IBS has gone into remission (2 months now after taking small doses of chickory root for 2 weeks), so I'm in no hurry to set it off again, thank you very much!

Oh, and my psoriasis is almost gone following a regiment of topical coconut oil, not to mention that my BP is doing very well with the new BP meds. Buy I do think the psoriasis may have also reacted positively to my IBS issues being resolved to the point that I now get considerably more nutrition from the foods I eat. Seems that the psoriasis started clearing right after the IBS went into remission...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Evidently it's a little different when working with a mouthful of extractions. And many of mine will have to be surgically removed because they are crowned with root canal.

Some dentists will do a full-mouth extraction and immediately install the posts, but the patient runs a big risk of getting an infection with dentures sitting on the prongs before the gums have fully healed. The alternative is to have the prongs sticking up out of your gums for weeks without the dentures attached. Nyet! Or a long regiment of antibiotics. Nyet, nyet! My IBS has gone into remission (2 months now after taking small doses of chickory root for 2 weeks), so I'm in no hurry to set it off again, thank you very much!

Oh, and my psoriasis is almost gone following a regiment of topical coconut oil, not to mention that my BP is doing very well with the new BP meds. Buy I do think the psoriasis may have also reacted positively to my IBS issues being resolved to the point that I now get considerably more nutrition from the foods I eat. Seems that the psoriasis started clearing right after the IBS went into remission...

For my molar my oral surgeon would not install the post right away, for the other tooth which was first he did. Both on top so I did well with no infections. Of course antibodies were involved but I’m convinced weren’t particularly needed.

Hadn’t thought about what happens to crowns and root canals. I just had a crown replaces and they opted to break it in two rather than pull in off! I was impressed, fast and easy. Of course, the post had to have decay so there was more drilling! Those can’t be that easy to get ahold of and pull.

My implants were done in an office. They turned me into a smurf with blue sterile garb as a precaution. Of course that’s when your nose starts itching. With all of this the crown is done after healing. Now that I think about it an infection may have been suspect for the molar! It had had a root canal already. In fact two, and was still causing problems after a few years of quiet.

Good luck, and congratulations on you 2 months of “sobriety”! That can’t have been easy to achieve.

Btw are you going to take your feral community with you