Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
When you get back, bluelamp, take a long hard look at
https://www.ancient-origins.ne...t-croix-basin-005688

The home site there is well worth investigating IMO.

Then there's:
https://www.ancient-origins.ne...fferent-story-021833
In all three of the basic, ancient Middle Eastern languages —Hebrew, Sumerian and Babylonian – a scholar with a secular bias would produce a different translation of the same text from that produced by a scholar with a religious bias. This may be very easily illustrated. . . . and yet these simple phrases, which hold the fundamentals of present-day Jewish and Christian teaching, are beset with traps of which the average Church member knows nothing. We shall open our bag of doubts by discussing three of them.

When I get my head together, I'll send some sites on Viracocha which, for me, anyway, open up new vistas.

Shining ones with feathered beards using thunderbolts, causing floods and foamy seas, and making people out of stones sounds like the old Younger Dryas comet gods.

In general I have no problem with pre-Younger Dryas technology for energy use/storage related to things like sound waves and crystals; I don't even have a problem in general with aliens but lots of things have natural explanations though natural can get quite cosmic like with comets:

From a channeling session:

quote:
(Pierre) Let's shift to a more cheerful topic: cometary bombardments. So we discussed the death of the woolly mammoths due to a cometary bombardment. I would like to know about the transfer of water from Mars to planet Earth, when did it occur relative to this cometary bombardment? How many years before, how many years after?

A: Within 40 years more or less.

Q: (Pierre) So cometary bombardment, and then Mars water transfer?

(L) And how did that happen?

A: Electric arc of cosmic proportions.

Q: (Pierre) You mean the water transfer? Yeah, that's the arcing. The plasma connection between Earth and...

(L) Was this the same event that left that gigantic scar on Mars? (I don’t know how anybody can look at that scar and not get the willies!)

A: Yes.

Q: (Joe) How close was Mars? Water can be...

(Pierre) It was closer because...

(Joe) ...transferred through hundreds of millions of miles of space?

A: Mars was much closer temporarily. Tales of gods fighting in the sky and castration of Chronos relate to this event.

Q: (Pierre) So, this massive inflow of water from Mars reaching Earth...

A: Much of it precipitated as snow at poles, and was released into oceans gradually. Water moving through space is not liquid.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Good luck, and congratulations on you 2 months of “sobriety”! That can’t have been easy to achieve.

Thanks!

quote:
Btw are you going to take your feral community with you

No.

It's going to be difficult enough since my sis has an 18 lb male and I have a 7 lb female. Both behave as if they are the "one and only"...and they both insist on being able to go outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6527 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Shining ones with feathered beards using thunderbolts, causing floods and foamy seas, and making people out of stones sounds like the old Younger Dryas comet gods.

In general I have no problem with pre-Younger Dryas technology for energy use/storage related to things like sound waves and crystals; I don't even have a problem in general with aliens but lots of things have natural explanations though natural can get quite cosmic like with comets:

But there is limited mention in any way of comets or anything else from the sky. Nor, indeed, is there any mention of those peaceful people causing any damage except in self-protection.

I'm re-reading Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods, his updated 2001 version. Plenty of seismic issues, including massive movements taking Antarctica away from its original position. Little in the way of comets.

I know Hancock cops heaps from the orthodox scientists, but I have yet to see any real, substantiated, arguments. Like all reporters, he has the ability to see questions no one else does. He's human, so can make mistakes, however he has no problem dealing with them when shown how and why he is wrong.

While he goes into greater detail, his book matches Eden in the East in many ways. I can easily see Oppenheimer's relatively advanced civilisation, destroyed by rising sea levels, sending its survivors east and west all over the world, taking their knowledge with them. This matches numerous other legends of the arrival of these teachers and healers, including into the earliest Egypt.

quote:
From a channeling session:

quote:
(Pierre) Let's shift to a more cheerful topic: cometary bombardments. So we discussed the death of the woolly mammoths due to a cometary bombardment. I would like to know about the transfer of water from Mars to planet Earth, when did it occur relative to this cometary bombardment? How many years before, how many years after?

A: Within 40 years more or less.

Q: (Pierre) So cometary bombardment, and then Mars water transfer?

(L) And how did that happen?

A: Electric arc of cosmic proportions.

Q: (Pierre) You mean the water transfer? Yeah, that's the arcing. The plasma connection between Earth and...

(L) Was this the same event that left that gigantic scar on Mars? (I don’t know how anybody can look at that scar and not get the willies!)

A: Yes.

Q: (Joe) How close was Mars? Water can be...

(Pierre) It was closer because...

(Joe) ...transferred through hundreds of millions of miles of space?

A: Mars was much closer temporarily. Tales of gods fighting in the sky and castration of Chronos relate to this event.

Q: (Pierre) So, this massive inflow of water from Mars reaching Earth...

A: Much of it precipitated as snow at poles, and was released into oceans gradually. Water moving through space is not liquid.

What, exactly, does that tell you?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2946 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Steve today. He sounded good and was in good spirits. Then he fell while getting up from his chair to let one of the dogs out. He said he broke his knee open...again...

I'm beginning to get a bit worried about him living alone.

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:

But there is limited mention in any way of comets or anything else from the sky. Nor, indeed, is there any mention of those peaceful people causing any damage except in self-protection.

I'm re-reading Graham Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods, his updated 2001 version. Plenty of seismic issues, including massive movements taking Antarctica away from its original position. Little in the way of comets.

I know Hancock cops heaps from the orthodox scientists, but I have yet to see any real, substantiated, arguments...

The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis has new papers (4 in the last two years); the idea still looks good to me. The locals for the Tunguska meteorite had no trouble relating meteorites to their legends so old men/gods with thunderbolts/stones/iron tend to be comets/meteorites for me:

http://www.defendgaia.org/bobk/evenkiv.html

quote:
"[page 4] The Tungus have only one expression for the thunder - agdy -, by which they also describe the old man, the lord of the thunder as well as all the thunderbirds that come down to earth and cause the thunder. The Agdy birds are as big as black grouses, are made of iron, and their eyes are fiery. The thunder arises from their flight above the earth and their eyes flash like lightning. All the Agdy have close relationships to certain shamans, because the ancestors of the thunder live in Khergu(1) where also the souls of the shamans can be found perpetually. Some old shamans were great friends of the thunder, and this friendship has passed to their descendants. That is why any wicked shaman can call the Agdy in order to do harm to a group of people he hates or even to a whole clan.

The famous story of the Tunguska meteorite, which L. A. [page 5] KULIK tries to investigate since 1927, (2) was explained to me by the Tungus at the mouth of the Chunya on the Stony Tunguska (3) in a very simple way. When, in 1926 at the Chunya, I talked with the Tungus about the catastrophe of 30 June 1908 - in order to obtain more exact data to be used for the forthcoming search operation for the meteorite - they persistently kept silent and deflected the inquiry into this event again and again; however, I persisted in my questions and they reported the following:

For a long time, there had been tribal feuds between a group of Tungus clans in the basin of the Stony Tunguska and clans living along the right tributaries of the Lower Tunguska. Eventually, this hostility resulted in the shamans sending their evil spirits against each other to cause diseases. Then one of the shamans called the Agdy to destroy the hated enemies. In the early morning of the 30th June 1908 an interminable legion of Agdy came flying down upon the grounds of the Shanyagir clan (4) and brought disaster to many families of the Shanyagir: some tents flew into the air, «higher than the forest», and the people sleeping inside suffered from bruises; (5) From [the herd of] Andrey Onkoul, a Tungus, 250 reindeer vanished without any trace; other Tungus' dogs and some reindeer were killed; the storage platforms with bread and equipment were destroyed; the forest, a real, ancient taiga, was flatened within a few seconds to an expanse of approximately 10,000 km² in the catchment areas of the rivers Chambe, Zhilushmo and Khushmo; there was a tremendous thunderous noise, which caused crevices in the earth (at this moment, the seismograph of Irkutsk recorded a really extraordinary type of earthquake). Owing to these impressions, the inhabitants of that part of the taiga fled in panic in all directions, leaving every last one of their belongings behind. All this is blamed on the Agdy.

quote:
What, exactly, does that tell you?

Well the extra water idea was kind of a long winded possible explanation for an anomaly noticed for the Younger Dryas period:
quote:
(Pierre) Well, that's answered my question I think. I was about to ask is this water transfer why sea levels raised about 50 meters during the Younger Dryas while the temperatures were dropping?

A: Yes

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Younger Dryas impact hypothesis has new papers (4 in the last two years); the idea still looks good to me. The locals for the Tunguska meteorite had no trouble relating meteorites to their legends so old men/gods with thunderbolts/stones/iron tend to be comets/meteorites for me:

quote:
(Pierre) Well, that's answered my question I think. I was about to ask is this water transfer why sea levels raised about 50 meters during the Younger Dryas while the temperatures were dropping?

A: Yes

You do have a delightful tendency to keep me on my toes.

Yet again, I have to go now or will not eat tonight.

When I return, I'll have two issues to respond to.

1. Have a feeling your sources are seeking Confirmation Bias, and need to explore mythology on a much wider basis.

2. I need to have a long hard look at sea levels during the Ice Age. For me, the more ice the less sea water.

http://ocp.ldeo.columbia.edu/r...p/arch/printer.shtml
Around 15,000 years ago, the Earth started warming abruptly after ~ 100,000 years of an "ice age"; this is known as a glacial termination. The large ice sheets, which covered significant parts of North America and Europe, began melting as a result. A climatic optimum known as the "Bölling-Allerød" was reached shortly thereafter, around 14,700 before present. However, starting at about 12,800 BP, the Earth returned very quickly into near glacial conditions (i.e. cold, dry and windy), and stayed there for about 1,200 years: this is known as the Younger Dryas (YD), since it is the most recent interval where a plant characteristic of cold climates, Dryas Octopetala, was found in Scandinavia.
The most spectacular aspect of the YD is that it ended extremely abruptly (around 11,600 years ago), and although the date cannot be known exactly, it is estimated from the annually-banded Greenland ice-core that the annual-mean temperature increased by as much as 10°C in 10 years.

Posts: 2946 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed,
Found you a 6 pack of colloidal silver soap...

6-pack

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed,

6-pack

Thanks,

This one
https://www.amazon.com/gp/prod...ilpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Has not been available recently.

Posts: 10500 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Reed,

6-pack

Thanks,

This one

Yeah, I've bought those a few times, but since they are rarely available, I started buying the other in 3 or 6 packs.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Reed,

6-pack

Thanks,

This one

Yeah, I've bought those a few times, but since they are rarely available, I started buying the other in 3 or 6 packs.

They last a long time. Originally the price was scary compared to normal soap bars.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Here's one that fits your bill, and also suits me Smile-Big   :D

https://wattsupwiththat.com/20...aterrestrial-impact/
“These scientists have identified three contemporaneous levels more than 12,000 years ago, on two continents yielding siliceous scoria-like objects (SLO’s),” said H. Richard Lane, program director of National Science Foundation’s Division of Earth Sciences, which funded the research. “SLO’s are indicative of high-energy cosmic airbursts/impacts, bolstering the contention that these events induced the beginning of the Younger Dryas. That time was a major departure in biotic, human and climate history.”
Morphological and geochemical evidence of the melt-glass confirms that the material is not cosmic, volcanic, or of human-made origin. “The very high temperature melt-glass appears identical to that produced in known cosmic impact events such as Meteor Crater in Arizona, and the Australasian tektite field,” said Kennett.

Fits in sweetly with your bypassing comet and with my conviction that the legend of Phaethon, who famously lost control of the Sun chariot and scorched our planet, was based on a real event.

One of theses days orthodox scientists will follow the lead of the geomythological scientists who do take relevant mythology into account when exploring their field of research.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Geomythology

Of course, that comet/meteor hypothesis fits nicely into both Oppenheimer's Eden in the East and Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods though, so far, Hancock sees more seismic than cosmic causes of the disruption.

The first book is seen by many as a heavy slog, but I managed it OK.

Hancock suits me perfectly. While his career was way ahead of mine, he has the reporter's skill of seeing questions few others do, and making sure his readers know when he is placing facts and when he is hypothesising. As we can expect, as with John Allegro, those orthodox lie their arses off when what is hypothesised threatens their pet schemes.

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Of course, that comet/meteor hypothesis fits nicely into both Oppenheimer's Eden in the East and Hancock's Fingerprints of the Gods though, so far, Hancock sees more seismic than cosmic causes of the disruption.

Yeah as I think I mentioned before, my channeling group has a University of Arizona anthropologist who liked Oppenheimer's idea. For Antarctica, the channeling does confirm Atlanteans using Antarctica but the details are a little different than what Hancock says. Hancock gets into the Younger Dryas Impact hypothesis in Magicians of the Gods.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah as I think I mentioned before, my channeling group has a University of Arizona anthropologist who liked Oppenheimer's idea. For Antarctica, the channeling does confirm Atlanteans using Antarctica but the details are a little different than what Hancock says. Hancock gets into the Younger Dryas Impact hypothesis in Magicians of the Gods.

Only one-third of the way through Hancock, and see yet again where many of my perceptions come from.

Delightfully, he has exactly the same approach to Atlantis as I do. Like him, I avoid using that word simply because of the connotations other people put on it.

One thing I am having to do is rethink just how great that destroyed civilisation was. Still do not see it in any mythical way, however Hancock's explorations have moved them into a far higher level than I had thought.

His line on the mathematics involved in the greatest structures in the Middle East and in Mexico demands a proper answer. They were using pi, and a proper zero, thousands of years before we cottoned on to them. In addition, from Popol Vuh, they knew they lived on a sphere, not the flat land of the Bible.

Lots of facts the orthodox are avoiding. Just why are Sirius and Orion's Belt so important*? Why are maps such as those of Piri Reis so accurate with Antarctica?

Hancock makes clear the different ways Middle East and Mexican mythologies evolved, however he also make it clear they must have had a common origin; the coincidences are too great to be just coincidence.

*I should include the Pleiades, which are in every mythology I know of, and many more besides.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan,
Did you see my reply to your question on the The Julian Assange Sealed Indictment thread?

Hate to think I bared my soul for nothing...

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan,
Did you see my reply to your question on the The Julian Assange Sealed Indictment thread?

Read it, and decided to cone back to it as it deserved more thought.

Been tied up, so will go back today.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Allan,

Read it, and decided to cone back to it as it deserved more thought.

Been tied up, so will go back today.

Thanks.

You might want to place your response to the Pub rather than bumping the Assange thread again...?

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed, Allan,
Just got an email from Bryan. He may be going to the ER tonight because he thinks he's having AFIB problems again.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Haven't heard anything from Mary Jean in almost 2 weeks...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reed, Allan,
Just got an email from Bryan. He may be going to the ER tonight because he thinks he's having AFIB problems again.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

Haven't heard anything from Mary Jean in almost 2 weeks...

Thanks. Hope he does better yet!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
You might want to place your response to the Pub rather than bumping the Assange thread again...?

Went straight there as soon as I had posted that.

Looking forward to your response Smile   :)

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
deleted duplicate