Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Keep us posted, too, on when you can see a light in the tunnel and know for sure it is not the headlight of an express train heading right atcha.

Eh? Tunnel? What tunnel?

Nice to see you are getting your sense of humour back.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Smile-Big   :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you feel up to it, can you please check my posts on Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally

Boy, have I got some heavy work for you when you feel up to scratch.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
This has a lot of pages again, is it time to start again.

Btw, hi. Not completely home, but back to WiFi coverage! It may be a couple of days to get back in tune.

Posts: 13061 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:

Why? Seems to be working OK
quote:

Btw, hi. Not completely home, but back to WiFi coverage! It may be a couple of days to get back in tune.

Hope you had a great time.

Off to feed the birds. Their numbers seems to be getting back to normal. End of the breeding season, it seems, so maybe they've stopped fighting each other.

Them were the days ;(

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why? Seems to be working OK
quote:

Hope you had a great time.

Off to feed the birds. Their numbers seems to be getting back to normal. End of the breeding season, it seems, so maybe they've stopped fighting each other.

Them were the days ;(

There was a technical reason, the last time to cut the pages. But I agree it’s working well atm.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

If you feel up to it, can you please check my posts on Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally

Boy, have I got some heavy work for you when you feel up to scratch.

Really don't want to get into religious discussions for a while. Need a break from it. A long break.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Hey Reed!

I thought we had decided we would start a new one when we reached 50 pages. Think we should drop the Amazon Mob's reference and go with Pub & Coffee Shop next iteration.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Hey Reed!

I thought we had decided we would start a new one when we reached 50 pages. Think we should drop the Amazon Mob's reference and go with Pub & Coffee Shop next iteration.

Couldn’t remember the exact count, but I do like dropping the Amazon reference

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Just finished Spong on the Fourth Gospel! I was delighted to see that shortly after I had concluded he sounded like Paul Tillich, he mentioned him as a source of some of his beliefs!

I’d need to study it better to do too much in-depth discussion, but I did find a lot of what he discusses as reassuring.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Couldn’t remember the exact count, but I do like dropping the Amazon reference

Yeah, it seems to me that others might be more inclined to join us if we are no longer associated with Amazon...and since Amazon is long ago and far away...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
FWIW, I attempted to call Mary Jean today. Got a recording that the phone number was no longer in service.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
FWIW, I attempted to call Mary Jean today. Got a recording that the phone number was no longer in service.

That doesn’t sound good, but it could also be a messed up system. Tried to call the hotel last night and got no ring and a message phone was forwarded. Ended up calling a hotel nearby to drop me off there. They were indeed aware their phones weren’t working, but unable to get them fixed!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That doesn’t sound good, but it could also be a messed up system. Tried to call the hotel last night and got no ring and a message phone was forwarded. Ended up calling a hotel nearby to drop me off there. They were indeed aware their phones weren’t working, but unable to get them fixed!

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about it except that no one has heard from her since Nov 6.

She was supposed to be seeing a new doctor re her foot on the Thursday prior. She said she would let me know how things went after the visit.

I've pinged her several times a week since, but have heard nothing back.

If she has fallen again, it is possible they would have placed her in a nursing home vice assisted living - ergo a disconnected phone number.

Dunno. And I have no other way of reaching her.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Managed to track down which assisted living address where Mary Jean is/was staying. Since I am not a family member, the only info they would give me is that her phone number is disconnected, and that she is not available at this time.

They did say that they would let her know that I was trying to reach her.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wouldn't be terribly concerned about it except that no one has heard from her since Nov 6.

She was supposed to be seeing a new doctor re her foot on the Thursday prior. She said she would let me know how things went after the visit.

I've pinged her several times a week since, but have heard nothing back.

If she has fallen again, it is possible they would have placed her in a nursing home vice assisted living - ergo a disconnected phone number.

Dunno. And I have no other way of reaching her.

She had promised to give someone a way to contact a daughter. Although month missing seems common, they are getting too close and thus scarier. Hoping allis well

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Managed to track down which assisted living address where Mary Jean is/was staying. Since I am not a family member, the only info they would give me is that her phone number is disconnected, and that she is not available at this time.

They did say that they would let her know that I was trying to reach her.

The last time o got such an answer it included that I should contact the family! Fingers still crossed.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
She had promised to give someone a way to contact a daughter. Although month missing seems common, they are getting too close and thus scarier. Hoping allis well

She told me that she would email me contact info for one of her daughters but never did so.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Steve late morning. The anniversary of Marianne's passing is tomorrow, so he is expecting a difficult day ahead.

He wanted the phone number I found for the assisted living facility where Mary Jean is so that he can start leaving messages for her to make contact again. We'll see how it goes.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke with Steve late morning. The anniversary of Marianne's passing is tomorrow, so he is expecting a difficult day ahead.

He wanted the phone number I found for the assisted living facility where Mary Jean is so that he can start leaving messages for her to make contact again. We'll see how it goes.

I’ll be thinking about Steve especially on his Sabbath.

Hoping we hear from Mary Jean soon too.