Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Still no word from Mary Jean.

Last 2 pings to Steve went unanswered.

Now Bryan is not responding either.

Wonder if I have BO or BB...

sniff sniff?

Nope, that's not it. Deodorant and mouthwash are working fine.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:

sniff sniff?

I'm watching this closely.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

sniff sniff?

I'm watching this closely.

Bryan has now answered.

Posts: 13050 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Bryan has now answered.

Yeah, but I don't like what I'm hearing...

I fear he is headed to a nursing home, shortly after another trip to the hospital, sometime real soon if this keeps up.

Steve has had a series of minor falls, so I worry about him since his daughters are so far away.

Cannot imagine what is keeping Mary Jean from getting onto her computer. She had been complaining that the nurses and therapists were taking up her mornings the last time I heard from her. But she said she was going to go to a non-resident (assisted living provided) doctor in reference to her foot sore. She didn't think the bindings they were using were doing the wound any service. In fact, she thought they were making it worse.

Must say, I had little confidence that they were sincere about passing her the message that I had called. And Steve was also going to see if he could make contact. I've heard nothing from either of them since...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bryan has now answered.

Yeah, but I don't like what I'm hearing...

I fear he is headed to a nursing home, shortly after another trip to the hospital, sometime real soon if this keeps up.

Steve has had a series of minor falls, so I worry about him since his daughters are so far away.

Cannot imagine what is keeping Mary Jean from getting onto her computer. She had been complaining that the nurses and therapists were taking up her mornings the last time I heard from her. But she said she was going to go to a non-resident (assisted living provided) doctor in reference to her foot sore. She didn't think the bindings they were using were doing the wound any service. In fact, she thought they were making it worse.

Must say, I had little confidence that they were sincere about passing her the message that I had called. And Steve was also going to see if he could make contact. I've heard nothing from either of them since...

Yep, Bryan doesn’t sound good. And I’m glad Mary Jean is taking matters into her own hands

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, Bryan doesn’t sound good. And I’m glad Mary Jean is taking matters into her own hands

Just spoke with Steve!

He called the assisted living facility and got the runaround much as I did. But he kept at it until someone let it slip that Mary Jean was back in rehab.

We'll keep at it and let you know what we uncover.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just spoke with Steve!

He called the assisted living facility and got the runaround much as I did. But he kept at it until someone let it slip that Mary Jean was back in rehab.

We'll keep at it and let you know what we uncover.

Thanks, glad he succeeded. I think I told you I got a call from a nurse when a friend was worried about paying his Medicare bill. Frustrated she called me and had the attitude that “could I imagine such a silly idea”, that was until I said he was right the bill needed to be paid, but he ha until the 22nd of that month. She gasp and said she’d never heard of such a thing! My initial instinct was to either tell her well now you have or that’s no reason to not believe someone who isn’t known to have memory lapses!!! Glad Steven persisted. Hope he hasn’t changed his mind about going there, unless of course we need to keep both out of there? Usually some just need an active advocate!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
We just stocked Bryan up with some groceries so he can save his energy. Hopefully some food and rest will help him a bit.

Oh, and Steve got Melanie's (Mary Jean's daughter) phone number. I'll place a call to her as soon as Steve remembers to text it to me Wink   ;)

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
We just stocked Bryan up with some groceries so he can save his energy. Hopefully some food and rest will help him a bit.

Oh, and Steve got Melanie's (Mary Jean's daughter) phone number. I'll place a call to her as soon as Steve remembers to text it to me Wink   ;)

Even better.

How did you get food to him? Amazon wasn’t delivering to upstairs last account I had!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Even better.

How did you get food to him? Amazon wasn’t delivering to upstairs last account I had!

InstaCart. They do front door delivery. You can also request in-house delivery! I set up an account for him wherein it is paid via my CC. He fills up the cart and lets me know so I can approve and authorize payment.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Even better.

InstaCart. They do front door delivery. You can also request in-house delivery! I set up an account for him wherein it is paid via my CC. He fills up the cart and lets me know so I can approve and authorize payment.

Interesting, thanks.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Interesting, thanks.

It works well. Either he or I can place items in the cart. I've shopped for him a couple of times by placing items in his cart and just letting him know the stuff was on the way. He prefers to do his own shopping though, because I pick stuff that's too healthy for him Smile   :) But he once told me he hadn't had a steak in YEARS. Well, you know how I handled that doncha!

So if you wanted to set up an account for another person and do all the shopping for them, you can do that too.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Interesting, thanks.

It works well. Either he or I can place items in the cart. I've shopped for him a couple of times by placing items in his cart and just letting him know the stuff was on the way. He prefers to do his own shopping though, because I pick stuff that's too healthy for him Smile   :) But he once told me he hadn't had a steak in YEARS. Well, you know how I handled that doncha!

So if you wanted to set up an account for another person and do all the shopping for them, you can do that too.

I remember the steaks! They aren’t always easy to cook though LOL!   :lol:

Had a friends that couldn’t lift his own luggage, or groceries made something’s difficult until he found peapod shopping. They brought it to the apt door at least. From there he could take items one at a time!

We need to replace our water softener, and since I can’t lift blocks I’m voting for pellets!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Steve finally got a text from Melanie! She says they were taking care of Mary Jean's legs and that Mary was "in transition" - whatever that is supposed to mean.

Melanie will let Mary Jean know we are all concerned and thinking about her.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
It's taken me a long time, JR and Reed, but I now know where my Ultra-Orthodox Brooklynite was coming from.

https://thetorah.com/reintrodu...f-the-fallen-angels/
8a Rabbi Levi said: They bore their sons and increased and multiplied like a great reptile, six children at each birth. They (their progeny) immediately stood on their feet, and spoke the holy tongue, and skipped about before them, as it says, “They let their infants run loose like sheep, And their children skip about” (Job 21:11).

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
It's taken me a long time, JR and Reed, but I now know where my Ultra-Orthodox Brooklynite was coming from.

https://thetorah.com/reintrodu...f-the-fallen-angels/
8a Rabbi Levi said: They bore their sons and increased and multiplied like a great reptile, six children at each birth. They (their progeny) immediately stood on their feet, and spoke the holy tongue, and skipped about before them, as it says, “They let their infants run loose like sheep, And their children skip about” (Job 21:11).

Well of course they did Sugah. That's why there were 6 Moses, 6 Aarons, and 6 Miriams!

Your Brooklynite never did get back to me on that...Smile-Big   :D

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Steve finally got a text from Melanie! She says they were taking care of Mary Jean's legs and that Mary was "in transition" - whatever that is supposed to mean.

Melanie will let Mary Jean know we are all concerned and thinking about her.

Glad to hear contact was made! Transition implies to me she is shortly to be permanently in a specific living arrangement. It doesn’t say whether it is more independent, or less.

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well of course they did Sugah. That's why there were 6 Moses, 6 Aarons, and 6 Miriams!
Your Brooklynite never did get back to me on that...Smile-Big   :D

Once you get back to yourself, you can add The Hebrew Goddess to your must-read list. We could have had a ball.

Raphael Patai is a devout Jew and a pragmatist. As often as not he bends over backwards to get round the tricky bits, while at other times he cuts straight to the chase.

You might think the Trinity is awkward enough. What about a tetrad? Father/Mother/Son/Daughter.

CB is having a ball, costing me more of my best reds.

Patai is boosting one Bias after another.

We have long wondered just how much impact India's Hinduism had on earlier Judaism. Patai does not touch that, but he is adamant it impacted heavily once the Kabbalists made their mark.

Then there's the little matter of rumpy pumpy, hanky panky.

One might think Jews are even more strait-laced than one imagines the ideal Christians must be, but boy, does/do their deity/deities make a meal of it.

That, of course, is not how Patai expresses it. Nevertheless one gets the idea.

We've been saying for a long time now that it is all perfectly simple. Detailing the simplicity is easy; explaining and justifying it would take volumes.

Somewhere along the line, our forebears realised that it was indeed their rumpy pumpy which produced children.

Imagine what the next few centuries must have been like as they adjusted to the facts of life. What once had been nothing more than an automatic reaction to their genetic programming now became the sole means of ensuring the tribe survived.

Some might doubt they didn't know, but, aside from the Khoi and the San, the First Australians are the oldest living culture in the world and, until we arrived, they most certainly did not know. I, the Aboriginal, is the autobiography of Waipuldanya, a full-blood Aboriginal of the Alawa tribe at Roper River in Australia's Northern Territory, as told to Douglas Lockwood.
https://www.goodreads.com/book...395-i-the-aboriginal

Waipuldanya was a magnificent bloke. Coming from his tribe, not only was he a quality bush mechanic, he learned enough to act as a medic, including taking and developing X-rays.

He knew what we whitefellas believed regarding procreation, but still harboured the conviction that when his people died their spirits returned to their spirit tree (or perhaps to a small fish in a billabong). From there they popped back into a passing woman when they decided to reincarnate.

Once we had got the idea, though, it is not hard to see them expanding the concept to Mother Earth and Father Sky, source of all being.

That was OK until politico-religious mob got into the act.

In order to increase their power over the plebs, they took this over and magnified it.

Patai details the shenanigans the later rabbis had to go through as they tried to accommodate the concept there was one and one only Supreme Deity, yet were driven by their basic emotions to include the Female.

It really is a fascinating survey on just what those politico-religious rulers came up with. By the time they had got their act together the plebs had no chance.

Don't know if you have ever bothered to check out just how much control today's rabbis have over their flock. They even dictate the frame of mind the men must get into at Sabbath midnight when they and their wives ritually emulate Mother Earth and Father Sky to ensure they got about their rumpy pumpy in a way which ensure the universe stays on its course.

So far, Patai hasn't mentioned our north-western British and European rituals, though he makes no doubt about the fact the rabbis took much from Hinduism.

I'm waiting to see if he connects the Celtic Imbrolc with all this. At the start of Spring, the tribal king led the way, his example with the High Priestess showing everyone just what was required to ensure the new planting season would be as fertile as needed to ensure a great crop.

Then, of course, Christendom took over that one for its Saint Brigid, just as it turned the Celtic harvest festival Samhain into Halloween.

We need to get back to basics.

Oh for the good old days when it all was so simple and straight-forward.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh for the good old days when it all was so simple and straight-forward

I believe we have a president that ran on that platform!