Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Never goes away...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Somewhere along the line, our forebears realised that it was indeed their rumpy pumpy which produced children.

I'd guess it was from watching their farm animals, and noticing a correlation between previous activities and later results. Australia wouldn't have had the variety of farm animals that the other continents had.

Posts: 10107 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Oh for the good old days when it all was so simple and straight-forward

I believe we have a president that ran on that platform!

I very much doubt he had in mind what I have in mind.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
quote:
Oh for the good old days when it all was so simple and straight-forward

I believe we have a president that ran on that platform!

I very much doubt he had in mind what I have in mind.

Most likely, not! But it did sound like he longed for the 50s.

Posts: 12964 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I remember the steaks! They aren’t always easy to cook though LOL!   :lol:

Had a friends that couldn’t lift his own luggage, or groceries made something’s difficult until he found peapod shopping. They brought it to the apt door at least. From there he could take items one at a time!

We need to replace our water softener, and since I can’t lift blocks I’m voting for pellets!

IIRC, someone there had a grill that he managed to borrow and cook the steaks.

But yeah, both Amazon and Instacart tend to overfill the bags for my poor back. Plus Amazon packs their stuff hours in advance and so they add frozen bottles of water and dry ice to keep it cold. IE, I had an Amazon order scheduled for 7-9AM this morning (They don't knock, so you have to watch for them). They packed it all in 2 chill bags, divided between fridge and freezer items. I couldn't lift either one of them, so I dragged them over the threshold, unpacked them at the front door, and carried the items to the kitchen from there.

Instacart doesn't use the chill bags, frozen water, or dry ice, but they will do in-house delivery (which I don't use). Since I tend to get more fresh items from the local stores, those orders are usually much larger and heavier! But I had to pitch a big hissyfit to get them to stop placing the bags directly in front of the storm door. I'd have to go out the back door, around to the front and move the bags, open the storm door, then the front door, before I could bring the stuff in the house. And since I don't usually get dressed until after my second cup of coffee, I'd be in my nightgown during this annoying episode. And yeah, I can be a major b itch before my second cup of coffee, and that's over minor stuff. Lord help you if you do something really stupid like block my front door!

I think Peapod is very similar to Instacart...but I've never used them. I pay a yearly delivery fee for both Amazon Fresh and Instacart, and between the 2, I can have just about anything I need, both grocery and household wise, delivered. Amazon Prime takes care of the rest.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Well of course they did Sugah. That's why there were 6 Moses, 6 Aarons, and 6 Miriams!
Your Brooklynite never did get back to me on that...Smile-Big   :D

Once you get back to yourself, you can add The Hebrew Goddess to your must-read list. We could have had a ball.

Well Dahlin', as long as you understand that's gonna be a while. With my teeth, having a kitchen and bathroom put into the new house, packing, moving, getting this house repainted and put on the market, I should be more than a little busy for a year or so.

And when I think of moving all these books, you may very well have a rather difficult time talking me into another book for a long, long time!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh for the good old days when it all was so simple and straight-forward.

Oh for the days of the dauntless stallion, huh...romping in the fields and meadows... Duck!   :duck:

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh for the days of the dauntless stallion, huh...romping in the fields and meadows... Duck!   :duck:

Oh no, m'dear. This was way before we rode on horses and had hay to romp in.

I fully respect what you are going through, though I'm surprised you see it taking as long as a year.

You'd have to be in top form before you get to Patai. One has to be able to read between the lines.

Posts: 5046 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh no, m'dear. This was way before we rode on horses and had hay to romp in.

I fully respect what you are going through, though I'm surprised you see it taking as long as a year.

You'd have to be in top form before you get to Patai. One has to be able to read between the lines.

Oh, but I'm not talking about riding them. I'm talking about acting like them - wild and free.

I've lived in this house for 24 years and I won't be taking everything with me when I move. Starting to get the picture?

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Steve tonight.

He heard from Mary Jean this afternoon. She has been kicked out of the assisted living facility...because she fell and broke one of her hips again. That's why she was back in the hospital and then rehab.

She is currently staying in a hotel until she establishes other living arrangements. Don't know yet if she will be staying with one of her daughters or if she will go to a nursing home - or maybe with the daughter until they find a nursing home.

She will be getting another phone (maybe a cell this time), and it will likely be a bit before she has access to her computer.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Spoke with Steve tonight.

He heard from Mary Jean this afternoon. She has been kicked out of the assisted living facility...because she fell and broke one of her hips again. That's why she was back in the hospital and then rehab.

She is currently staying in a hotel until she establishes other living arrangements. Don't know yet if she will be staying with one of her daughters or if she will go to a nursing home - or maybe with the daughter until they find a nursing home.

She will be getting another phone (maybe a cell this time), and it will likely be a bit before she has access to her computer.

Thanks for the report.

Assisted living requires that. You be able to transfer take care of your own toileting, and in general be able to evacuate. Nursing is at least double the cost and isn’t covered by Medicare past about 1 month. At that point Medicaid is contacted!

I hope she can find a place that suits her though. My mil rehab at home moved to offices after she became more able and able to walk after a stroke. Someone did have to be around to help her with things she can’t do like open jars, pill bottles, pull some shirts over her head, etc.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Thanks for the report.

Assisted living requires that. You be able to transfer take care of your own toileting, and in general be able to evacuate. Nursing is at least double the cost and isn’t covered by Medicare past about 1 month. At that point Medicaid is contacted!

I hope she can find a place that suits her though. My mil rehab at home moved to offices after she became more able and able to walk after a stroke. Someone did have to be around to help her with things she can’t do like open jars, pill bottles, pull some shirts over her head, etc.

I'm just hoping she doesn't become bed-bound and that she soon gets access to her computer. She always seems much happier when she has access to those of us who care about her.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Thanks for the report.

I'm just hoping she doesn't become bed-bound and that she soon gets access to her computer. She always seems much happier when she has access to those of us who care about her.

If a tablet wasn’t so hard to deal with, at times, I suggest she needs one!

And yes with a hearing problem it is even more important to be print connected. My gr andmother refused to walk after recovering from a broken hip and walking for a short while. She was afraid of falling again. Nevertheless, the nursing home regularly got her into a wheelchair and wheeled her to crafts and meals! Same with my friend, but he didn’t like sitting in the chair! I think he might have lived a bit longer had he had access to his computer, the nursing home didn’t have WiFi.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

What’s this latest mess look like from your island!

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan,

I normally watch only our equivalent to the BBC, the ABC, and the highly rated SBS.

All very circumspect and polite, however I get the feeling they are just waiting for the impeachment.

We do have nutters who like him, but I'd say most Aussies see him as an embarrassment to a great ally.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Allan,

I normally watch only our equivalent to the BBC, the ABC, and the highly rated SBS.

All very circumspect and polite, however I get the feeling they are just waiting for the impeachment.

We do have nutters who like him, but I'd say most Aussies see him as an embarrassment to a great ally.

It’s good they haven’t totally given up!

Devoted...
posted Hide Post
As always, we are way ahead of you lot, 5pm on Christmas Eve, so I wish you all the best for this important celebration.

JR and Reed, if you manage to get in touch with more of our mob, please tell them all I am thinking of them, and would love to hear that it lives up to all their hopes.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
As always, we are way ahead of you lot, 5pm on Christmas Eve, so I wish you all the best for this important celebration.

JR and Reed, if you manage to get in touch with more of our mob, please tell them all I am thinking of them, and would love to hear that it lives up to all their hopes.

I’ve been thinking of more of them that are still missing. Craig made it over, but we never found Gershom, unless Bryan heard from him. JR posts about Steve and Mrs exp.

May the season bring us all hope and peace and the New Year a path to a world at peace.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Merry Christmas Allan, Reed, bluelamp, Henry J. Wishing you all peace and joy.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Merry Christmas Allan, Reed, bluelamp, Henry J. Wishing you all peace and joy.

Thank you, and back at you, again.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Spoke with Steve just about an hour ago. He is well.

He spoke with Mary Jean again. She is still at Best Western @ Sky Valley in Monroe, WA.

I've sent her an email c/o Tess at the Sky Valley Best Western. If you guys want to try it, send to:
stay@bwskyvalley.com
Make sure you put c/o Tess in the subject line and open with a salutation to Mary Jean.