Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Spoke with Steve just about an hour ago. He is well.

He spoke with Mary Jean again. She is still at Best Western @ Sky Valley in Monroe, WA.

I've sent her an email c/o Tess at the Sky Valley Best Western. If you guys want to try it, send to:
stay@bwskyvalley.com
Make sure you put c/o Tess in the subject line and open with a salutation to Mary Jean.

My goodness, she can’t find anywhere else? Certainly cheaper than assisted living or nursing home but I thought she needed some of those options.

Posts: 11579 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Read an article about the diminishing of congressional powers. Wonder if the new Senate will be bolt enough to take back their power and vote with enough to overrule a veto? That temper tantrum might involve the military storming Congress!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
My goodness, she can’t find anywhere else? Certainly cheaper than assisted living or nursing home but I thought she needed some of those options.

I'm hoping to get a response from her so I can determine her circumstances...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm hoping to get a response from her so I can determine her circumstances...

I hope so, this seems scary. And the term used earlier about being thrown out sounds like it may be more accurate than anyone might imagine.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
JR and Reed, you might take a look at my posts on Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally.

I've bookmarked http://bhairavah.blogspot.com/...qumran-damascus.html. It's dynamite, but I need to be in top form to analyse it properly.

The site contains other information which will keep me quiet for a while.

Well, relatively quiet Smile-Big   :D

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3477 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
JR and Reed, you might take a look at my posts on Biblical Scholar: Dont take Bible literally.

I've bookmarked http://bhairavah.blogspot.com/...qumran-damascus.html. It's dynamite, but I need to be in top form to analyse it properly.

Haven’t read the really long discussions. I’m in sort of flighty mode. Knowing I need to get some things done and never quite getting my mind focused on anything.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm staying away from Biblical Scholar: Don't take Bible literally. I have no intention of becoming embroiled in a protracted discussion on either the Bible or religion.

What I will say is that I'm not convinced that "Paul" is the subject of the Qumran Scrolls. IMHO, that subject is most likely a much earlier temple priest. IOW, I'm much more likely to agree with Margaret Barker on this one; that the Qumran group was initially a priestly break-off from the temple which could have started around the time of Josiah, or possibly following the return from Babylon, and then continued gaining a following that could easily have included some of the apostles, and even Jesus. It's even possible that they originally moved so far away from Jerusalem as to set up in Damascus - and then moved to Qumran at some later date as politics shifted - but continued to refer to their diaspora relocation as "Damascus". Who knows.

Another issue I have is with what is meant by "the Law." Clearly it meant different things to different sects, and yet many scholars seem to want to have it mean the entire litany of the "The Torah." It is clear to many scholars (including Margaret Barker) that Deuteronomy was written around the time of Hezekiah/Josiah (with further redactions). Therefore, within the groups, their concepts of "the Law" could easily have been quite different from other groups, including the "Christian' group who were originally referred to as "The Way."

Furthermore, the concept of "covenant" is essentially the same as "contract." When a new covenant is issued, it replaces the old, and as per Jeremiah 32:31
…31 Behold, the days are coming, declares the LORD, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah. 32It will not be like the covenant I made with their fathers when I took them by the hand to lead them out of Egypt— a covenant they broke, though I was a husband to them,” declares the LORD. 33“But this is the covenant I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the LORD. I will put My law in their minds and inscribe it on their hearts. And I will be their God, and they will be My people.…

Therefore, if one believes that the New Covenant replaced the old, then they will have no issue with the the concept delineated by Paul in Colossians 2:14 "having canceled the written code, with its regulations, nailing it to the cross."

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Heard from Mrs exp. she’s expecting to move to her daughters when they make a room for her!

She sounds good! And obviously found a computer!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heard from Mrs exp. she’s expecting to move to her daughters when they make a room for her!

Yeah! I spoke with Steve for about 45 minutes tonight. He was beside himself that he had finally made contact with her.

Seems he had attempted to contact her again today at the same hotel, but was told that she had left. She had moved to a "home care place" until her room is available at her daughter's house. She evidently got access to her computer and started emailing. As soon as Steve received his, he immediately called me so excited he could hardly speak!

Oh, and it seems that the taxi Mary Jean was traveling in was hit from behind. The driver of the other vehicle and her daughter were injured, but not seriously. She said her daughter's back was made worse.

Sounds like she is regretting moving to Washington...

Stay tuned for updates.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah! I spoke with Steve for about 45 minutes tonight. He was beside himself that he had finally made contact with her.

Seems he had attempted to contact her again today at the same hotel, but was told that she had left. She had moved to a "home care place" until her room is available at her daughter's house. She evidently got access to her computer and started emailing. As soon as Steve received his, he immediately called me so excited he could hardly speak!

Oh, and it seems that the taxi Mary Jean was traveling in was hit from behind. The driver of the other vehicle and her daughter were injured, but not seriously. She said her daughter's back was made worse.

Stay tuned for updates.

Geez! She said something about home care but I hadn’t connected that that was different than where she was. It meant, to me, she was sent home to have nursing come to her.

So what’s with the taxi? Is that what got her thrown out? And yes I remember the daughter wasn’t that able so her back being worse could certainly be a big problem.

I’m thinking much of this might have happened anyway, but having tonretrain doctors is really the pits! Did I tell you I turned my scooter over backwards trying to get into a handicap bathroom? Hit my head hard on the floor of the ship! Never lost consciousness but hurt for several days. I had to refuse to sit up! I said I hit my head too hard to sit up!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Stay tuned for updates.

Geez! She said something about home care but I hadn’t connected that that was different than where she was. It meant, to me, she was sent home to have nursing come to her.

So what’s with the taxi? Is that what got her thrown out? And yes I remember the daughter wasn’t that able so her back being worse could certainly be a big problem.

I’m thinking much of this might have happened anyway, but having tonretrain doctors is really the pits! Did I tell you I turned my scooter over backwards trying to get into a handicap bathroom? Hit my head hard on the floor of the ship! Never lost consciousness but hurt for several days. I had to refuse to sit up! I said I hit my head too hard to sit up!

She is staying temporarily in a nursing home that only has room for 6 patients. There is only 1 other person there at this time; a man with dementia.

The reason they were in a taxi is because the daughter she is going to live with, when the room is ready, is blind and cannot drive. Don't know any more about that incident.

I know that her daughter Melanie lives about 50 miles from the assisted living facility where Mary used to live. Don't know where Cassie lives in relation to that place.

But Mary Jean said she was "thrown out because of the problems with her legs." All I know about that is that she was reaching the end of her patience with the nurses regarding the bandages being too tight...and was supposed to have an appointment with a doctor outside the assisted living facility just prior to when I last heard from her. Steve said that he was told that she fell and broke her hip again, but she didn't mention that in her email to me. However, she had fallen twice before and broke a hip in each of those falls. Just haven't ascertained if she has now fallen a third time and broke one of them again.

YIKES! I didn't know that those scooters could turn over...

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I imagine you all have heard from Mary now?

Just received a brief email and replied, telling her how concerned we all are.

Posts: 3477 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
I imagine you all have heard from Mary now?

Just received a brief email and replied, telling her how concerned we all are.

Mine is a lightweight Triaxe tour. It has back wheels that we are being more deligent at putting down, now! The problem is that if the front wheel catches, or the tip over casters behind it, the rear wheel stills still have power to them and when you get free the scooter lurches. That means that people who stand in front of me trying to help are in danger too. We’ve removed the casters as they seem to be more of a problem than a help. I’ve now bent 3 of them! They are good on smooth slopes but not much else!

I had actually turned it over once before on a curb cur that had a bad slope and a sever hole at the bottom. That time I just ended with it sitting up and didn’t hit my head. I was okay, except I couldn’t get up with my feet higher than my head and the scooter in the way. This last time it actually landed on top of me. I know not to add power, but with a door closing on you it’s hard to remember to turn the key off before messing with the ledge. We’re now diligent to put down the back wheels. They are simple but effective, it seems. The first incident was in Russia and a ship guest just happen upon us. He was trained in elder care and told his wife to get two or three strong guys. He told them to left by putting their elbow under my arms. Easy lift and I wasn’t hurt doing it. Others have been useless like the police outside the courthouse where I fell on uneven pavement. They just pulled on my arms and I had fallen on both knees after my knee surgery!

Anyway, besides the ship people failing first aid I was okay. I did tell them that I thought that I could sit up but I wasn’t supposed to when I hit my head so hard! I did have blood pooling at the base, based on the X-ray, but no bleeds. Of course I still had to wake up every two hours that night.

Not interested in doing that again!

As for nursing homes, the term I heard was that they could no longer manage the problem, and so would call an ambulance. I think that was fluid retention, and blood pressure. An advocate helps though. My friend complained that they were coming in early in the morning and cutting on his foot. After his second complaint I investigated deeper to find out that he had a spot on his heel that had turned black. I convinced them that they had to explain that if he was going to be awakened really early especially. I told him what they were trying to remove and that they were going to talk to him more. I think you could have kept her in the nursing home if you’d been an advocate.

As for the taxi, I was just trying to imagine where they were going. I knew one of the daughters was losing her sight, but I couldn’t imagine moving to a home care in a taxi! We have a similar facility close by, but afaik thereis no place for rehab etc just personal care.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Yep, Allan apparently she has emailed all of us. My note had been that Bryan had been in the hospital I was hoping she’d be able to read it earlier even without an answer.

I sent her the link to Antares and told her you were picking on Vicki!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
That's all I need.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
That's all I need.

Glad I could help!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Was Mary Jean able to get emails sent to y'all yesterday? She was having a bit of trouble.

Oh, and she says she did NOT break her hip again...it was all about the bandaged legs...but she didn't go into it. I'm sure she'd tired of talking about her legs!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I got a short note that said she couldn’t reply to mesages, but nothing about her hip being fine. Like your I s, I think they didn’t like her knowing about her own body as well as she did. And if she mentioned MRSA I can only imagine what happened, and that’s probably actionable!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I got a short note that said she couldn’t reply to mesages, but nothing about her hip being fine. Like your I s, I think they didn’t like her knowing about her own body as well as she did. And if she mentioned MRSA I can only imagine what happened, and that’s probably actionable!

She was having trouble "replying" to previous emails. For some reason it just wouldn't work for her.

There is no way that the assisted living facility wouldn't have known about the MRSA. She had it when she arrived and was being treated for it by the facility's nurses and doctors.

It was the leg-wraps that were giving her fits. Just never quite learned why she was retaining fluid in her legs that necessitated the wraps...but it can be caused by several different things - none of the good.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

She was having trouble "replying" to previous emails. For some reason it just wouldn't work for her.

There is no way that the assisted living facility wouldn't have known about the MRSA. She had it when she arrived and was being treated for it by the facility's nurses and doctors.

It was the leg-wraps that were giving her fits. Just never quite learned why she was retaining fluid in her legs that necessitated the wraps...but it can be caused by several different things - none of the good.

For a diabetic, I’d say all pretty bad!