Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see logos of zgod as Wisdom of God!

I'm thinking it represents one of the many aspects of God - with an anointed human representative.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6169 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Thanks for looking that up now I need to be able to read it without losing track.

Yeah, I have to wait until I'm on my second cup of coffee or later, but not too late (like past midnight) to read things I'm unfamiliar with in order to make sense of it!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Update on Mary Jean.

She has determined to stay at the nursing home.

That being so, I'll be a bit scarce around here until I finish her afghan because she says she is cold all the time.

Pinged Steve on Monday and still haven't heard back...

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Update on Mary Jean.

That being so, I'll be a bit scarce around here until I finish her afghan because she says she is cold all the time.

She seems to like where she is and is moving forward. I sent her one of Allan’s questions that I thought I’d seen her answer before. As for Afghans, yep it’s hard to type when crocheting!

Posts: 8887 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Update on Mary Jean.

She seems to like where she is and is moving forward. I sent her one of Allan’s questions that I thought I’d seen her answer before. As for Afghans, yep it’s hard to type when crocheting!

Spoke with Steve tonight. He is doing well but hates that Mary Jean doesn't have a phone yet. And I've been given the task of getting her address so he can send her a card.

And yeah, typing and crocheting are 2 things I cannot do at the same time! But the afghan is coming along quite nicely. Sent Mary Jean a pic of a couple of the squares and she thinks it's beautiful. Now that makes me happy! It's made of 24 of these squares done in purple and teal:
Casablanca

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Update on Mary Jean.

Spoke with Steve tonight. He is doing well but hates that Mary Jean doesn't have a phone yet. And I've been given the task of getting her address so he can send her a card.

And yeah, typing and crocheting are 2 things I cannot do at the same time! But the afghan is coming along quite nicely. Sent Mary Jean a pic of a couple of the squares and she thinks it's beautiful. Now that makes me happy! It's made of 24 of these squares done in purple and teal:
Casablanca

That is pretty

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah, I have to wait until I'm on my second cup of coffee or later, but not too late (like past midnight) to read things I'm unfamiliar with in order to make sense of it!

My head's absolutely stuffed like a bag of cotton wool, despite all my assorted nasal sprays, Aspro, caffeine, and Berocca. As I told my pharmacy mate, in the old days as a journalist, no matter what happened the day before, one Berocca and I was right for the next day. Now three make bugger-all difference.

Just can't clear my head at all.

This has been going on for a bloody long time, and is one excuse I keep giving to myself for not responding to Mary Jean and Reed. Desperately want to be in a happier frame of mind when I email both.

I had told her that Allan was picking on Vicki!

Maybe you can use this as an excuse to get Mary Jean on to Aantares? Tell her to get out her big stick.

It really is no big deal. Just frustrating. I'm housebound, don't even have dinner for tonight, so, though it is just 1pm, (now 2pm, so that should give an idea of how I am struggling) I'm back to bed to see if that helps. To be honest, reckon all I have to do is *pull my finger out, but it seems I do not want to.

Couple of things:

I did change my approach to Vicki for the simple reason she was not answering any of my points.

Scatter-gun,yes, is how my mind does work. I think, though, that I also may be making connections others do not recognise. Ish milchama, for instance, was perfectly in accord with God ordering the Jews to commit genocide.

Oh, and one other thing Smile   :)

Look back at Abravanel:

He reads the verse as follows, “Is Hashem a man of war? No, Hashem is His name.” A question and an answer. God cannot be the lord of war because His essence is love and mercy.

Now ask yourselves what ha-shem means literally.

Jews are far better at playing word games than the likes of gotquestionas.org and AiG, but few are a match for me Smile-Big   :D

Does this qualify as scatter-gun?

Abravanel: On the occasion of the first battle that the not-yet nation of Israel was about to face, G-d assured them that He would fight for them and they needed only to stand back and watch.

Is that any different at all from the approach of the Qumran sect, and Jesus himself? They were convinced all they had to do (Jesus' two swords being enough) was to start the rebellion and God would send down his Heavenly Hosts to smash the oppressor.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...the_Sons_of_Darkness
There are many key differences in the way the War against the Kittim and the War of Divisions are described. The War against the Kittim is referred to as a day of battle with seven stages, with the Sons of Light and the Sons of Darkness each winning three of the first six before final victory for the Sons of Light by divine intervention in the seventh . While it is unclear if this is meant as a literal 24-hour period, it does not seem to describe a protracted battle.

I'm doing not much better than a page a day with Patai's The Hebrew Goddess. If any of you feel up to it, for a variety of reasons I won't go into yet, I strongly recommend it. A real eye-opener.

*For those not familiar with that (read a couple down near the bottom -- oops, pun totally unintended; my subconscious making its presence felt?):

https://www.theguardian.com/no...,5753,-26685,00.html

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2386 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan, on several occasions I have suggest antihistamines when people have complained of congestion and headaches that they cannot shake. Almost 100% resistance, at first, almost all reported good results. Since you may not have them at hand, I suggest sniffing salt water. It’s messy and you’ll curse trying it for 5-10 minutes after your sinuses start to drain, but then you will have some clearance! Then your nasal sprays may work!

Make the salt water like you were going to gargle it. If it burns there isn’t enough salt in it!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan, on several occasions I have suggest antihistamines when people have complained of congestion and headaches that they cannot shake. Almost 100% resistance, at first, almost all reported good results. Since you may not have them at hand, I suggest sniffing salt water. It’s messy and you’ll curse trying it for 5-10 minutes after your sinuses start to drain, but then you will have some clearance! Then your nasal sprays may work!
Make the salt water like you were going to gargle it. If it burns there isn’t enough salt in it!

[B] See!!!!!! [/B]

I was going to have a shower and go shopping. Half past bloody four and I'm still sitting here.

Get on well with my pharmacists, so will go now and ask about antihistamines.

What distracted me this time was my follow-up to my Patai recommendation.

Started thinking about the Semitic view of sex.

That, of course, started my Confirmation Bias off on Her own tangents, scattering off to find a history of homosexuality.

We're bloody well right again.

All this crap about sex is nothing more than yet another way of keeping those worthless plebs in the place.

Ever read up on just how kaleidoscopic the sex lives of the politico-religious leaders were?

They were doing exactly the same thing they were chopping plebeian heads off for.

Given our fixation on our too-high population, we were delighted to see that homosexuality was once seen as a way of controlling the population rate. We are all but convinced that if there is any statistical increase at all, Mother Nature is finding Her own cure.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ory_of_homosexuality

Posts: 2386 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

My head's absolutely stuffed like a bag of cotton wool, despite all my assorted nasal sprays, Aspro, caffeine, and Berocca. As I told my pharmacy mate, in the old days as a journalist, no matter what happened the day before, one Berocca and I was right for the next day. Now three make bugger-all difference.

This has been going on for a bloody long time, and is one excuse I keep giving to myself for not responding to Mary Jean and Reed. Desperately want to be in a happier frame of mind when I email both.

Try some natural treatments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8TWB7ux4s

My chiropractor used this technique on me. The first time he did it, he swore to me it would work, but when I left his office I still had felt little relief. Then, very suddenly, while I was driving home, my sinuses opened up and just poured out down the front of my clothes! I was careful to have a box of tissues in the car from then on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fQzsdWflQ

quote:
Maybe you can use this as an excuse to get Mary Jean on to Aantares? Tell her to get out her big stick.

I've promised to quit harassing her about joining us here. It's just too difficult for her to navigate.

quote:
Look back at Abravanel:

He reads the verse as follows, “Is Hashem a man of war? No, Hashem is His name.” A question and an answer. God cannot be the lord of war because His essence is love and mercy.

Jews are far better at playing word games than the likes of gotquestionas.org and AiG, but few are a match for me Smile-Big Smile-Big   :D

Good going! That translates into "Is The Name a man of war? No, The Name is His name." IOW, it says absolutely nothing.

Gotquestions is more than a little biased, imho, because it attempts to adhere to Christian theologies.

Found this site and have been rummaging a bit. You might enjoy poking around as well by clicking on some of the headings at the bottom of the page:
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/YHWH.html

quote:

Not since you separated the rest with this sentence. Duck!   :duck:

quote:
Abravanel: On the occasion of the first battle that the not-yet nation of Israel was about to face, G-d assured them that He would fight for them and they needed only to stand back and watch.

Is that any different at all from the approach of the Qumran sect, and Jesus himself? They were convinced all they had to do (Jesus' two swords being enough) was to start the rebellion and God would send down his Heavenly Hosts to smash the oppressor.

Well, I think it fits with the Qumran sect documents, but I'm not so sure it fits with Jesus' 2 swords statement since there was no anticipation of an immediate war - just anticipation of an arrest.

quote:
I'm doing not much better than a page a day with Patai's The Hebrew Goddess. If any of you feel up to it, for a variety of reasons I won't go into yet, I strongly recommend it. A real eye-opener.

Now you're scatter shooting. Duck!   :duck:

quote:
*For those not familiar with that (read a couple down near the bottom -- oops, pun totally unintended; my subconscious making its presence felt?):

I've heard the sitting on your thumb one before.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Really and truly I'm off to the shower right now.

Promise.

Will answer this later tonight.

Did you see this addition to my previous post?

Worth the read, but I'm not going to take the time to say why.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Try some natural treatments:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg8TWB7ux4s

My chiropractor used this technique on me. The first time he did it, he swore to me it would work, but when I left his office I still had felt little relief. Then, very suddenly, while I was driving home, my sinuses opened up and just poured out down the front of my clothes! I was careful to have a box of tissues in the car from then on:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6fQzsdWflQ

quote:

I've promised to quite harassing her about joining us here. It's just too difficult for her to navigate.

quote:
Look back at Abravanel:

Jews are far better at playing word games than the likes of gotquestionas.org and AiG, but few are a match for me Smile-Big Smile-Big   :D

Good going! That translates into "Is The Name a man of war? No, The Name is His name." IOW, it says absolutely nothing.

Gotquestions is more than a little biased, imho, because it attempts to adhere to Christian theologies.

Found this site and have been rummaging a bit. You might enjoy poking around as well by clicking on some of the headings at the bottom of the page:
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/YHWH.html

quote:

Not since you separated the rest with this sentence. Duck!   :duck:

quote:

Well, I think it fits with the Qumran sect documents, but I'm not so sure it fits with Jesus' 2 swords statement since there was no anticipation of an immediate war - just anticipation of an arrest.

quote:

Now you're scatter shooting. Duck!   :duck:

quote:

I've heard the sitting on your thumb one before.

You reminded me of the rubbing of area just below the ankle bone. It’s part of reflexology iirc. Don’t remember inside or out, think it was right ankle. Worked wel, and suddenly. As for salt not being natural ,,,? Tee hee

Dristan used to be what I used but I’d now probably start with clorotrimitine. Simple. The dristan I think had aspirin in it, but I no longer remember.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Dristan used to be what I used but I’d now probably start with clorotrimitine. Simple. The dristan I think had aspirin in it, but I no longer remember.

There was a time when all I used was Sudafed and aspirin, but Sudafed can raise the blood pressure, so it is now verboten.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Promise.

Nothing new here for me. I've understood homosexuality and transgender to have been around for a very long time.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There was a time when all I used was Sudafed and aspirin, but Sudafed can raise the blood pressure, so it is now verboten.

Never used Sudafed, clorotrimetine is old and mild. I recommend it to those who fall asleep looking at benedryl!

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Promise.

Nothing new here for me. I've understood homosexuality and transgender to have been around for a very long time.

And very much part of a tribal community. Often training girls in tanning etc. I didn’t come accross pairing in the readings I did for sociology.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never used Sudafed, clorotrimetine is old and mild. I recommend it to those who fall asleep looking at benedryl!

Sudafed is pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, which is a stimulant and evidently helps to control weight. I gained 8 lbs after I quit using it! It's also an ingredient used in making methamphetamine.

Never liked benedryl because it made me feel as groggy as the stuffy nose did! My baby sis used it as a sleeping aid because of that effect.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

For my ego's sake, let's pretend I didn't have enough time to explain myself properly.

Yes, we all know homosexual behaviour is perfectly natural to many animals, including us. God-given, one might say, if one were so inclined.

So, after tens of thousand of years of acceptance in seemingly every culture, as that site demonstrated,, why all of a relative sudden has homosexuality become a mortal sin?

What made such a dramatic difference in our perception?

Keep forgetting that a new reply deletes an already existing one I am working on so, since I'm too tired (3am) to repeat it, I'll respond to the two-swords response for a second time when I awake.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Sudafed is pseudoephedrine hydrochloride, which is a stimulant and evidently helps to control weight. I gained 8 lbs after I quit using it! It's also an ingredient used in making methamphetamine.

Never liked benedryl because it made me feel as groggy as the stuffy nose did! My baby sis used it as a sleeping aid because of that effect.

I have to get to about 150mg before benedryl makes me groggy!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

For my ego's sake, let's pretend I didn't have enough time to explain myself properly.

Yes, we all know homosexual behaviour is perfectly natural to many animals, including us. God-given, one might say, if one were so inclined.

So, after tens of thousand of years of acceptance in seemingly every culture, as that site demonstrated,, why all of a relative sudden has homosexuality become a mortal sin?

What made such a dramatic difference in our perception?

Keep forgetting that a new reply deletes an already existing one I am working on so, since I'm too tired (3am) to repeat it, I'll respond to the two-swords response for a second time when I awake.

Ah, so you are getting at the churchianity/sin angle.

OK, some dimwit decides some guys are having too much fun and declares it a sin just like the legalistic Jews declared certain foods unfit to eat. It's a segregation thing, imho. Turned it into a we-them situation.