Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
      Page: 1 ... 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Amazon Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part II
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I have to get to about 150mg before benedryl makes me groggy!

I've always tended to overreact to most drug side effects for some reason.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6089 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Alert: When we approach the 50 page mark, I'm gonna start a new heading for us - leaving out the reference to Amazon...

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
So no more mythological women from ancient Greece?

Posts: 9367 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I have to get to about 150mg before benedryl makes me groggy!

I've always tended to overreact to most drug side effects for some reason.

In general I under react. After 3 days of 150mg/day I called and asked what we were trying to achieve. He told me to help me feel better: I had a serious case of poison ivy! I cut back as it wasn’t needed to control it!

Posts: 8619 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
That being so, I'll be a bit scarce around here until I finish her afghan because she says she is cold all the time.
Pinged Steve on Monday and still haven't heard back...

Thank you, ma'am. I envy your hand skills.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2312 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Found this site and have been rummaging a bit. You might enjoy poking around as well by clicking on some of the headings at the bottom of the page:
http://www.abarim-publications.com/Meaning/YHWH.html

Yahwism emphasizes the importance of the individual (hence the idea of YHWH's Christ being Jesus of Nazareth; the quintessential Average Joe). Pagan religion wants blind obedience; Yahwism wants insight and responsibility. Pagan religion wants a reverential and essential gap between the holy and the profane; Yahwism dictates that God wants to fellowship with mankind — and just pause to dwell on that for a bit.
...We know beyond doubt that there are Yahwists among us who know far more than any scientist; they don't publish and that's why the general public doesn't know about them, but they are there.

Hoo boy, now we are really getting into word games. Nothing I like better. My heartfelt thanks from my heart of hearts Smile-Big   :D

Don't doubt these blokes are genuine, well and truly sold on what they believe.

However, just a few subtle changes in their letter groupings and we have exactly what I have been saying.

The difference between me and Abarim is I'm OK with the Deus Otiosus and they are not.

Would dearly love to know what is behind their claim that We know beyond doubt that there are Yahwists among us who know far more than any scientist; Who and where are these people?

Could it be they have some sort of version of Conspiracy Theory, their hidden know-it-alls being their equivalent of the Illuminati?

As for their claimed importance of the individual, clearly they have somehow totally missed or deleted Ish Milchama's genocide command.

Off hand I know of no "pagan" deities, gods or goddesses, who went so far out of their way to punish humanity, demanding blind obedience. Oedipus poking his eyes out for a totally unintended sin is one thing, wiping out entire tribes is something different altogether.

Our brains are made up of particles that have been around since the beginning of time, and just like ants must build an ant-hill in obedience to ant DNA, so must mankind come up with a model of reality in obedience to human DNA. In other words: the whole picture lies in our hearts, and that which we call inspiration or having a hunch, or even simply an idea for a hypothesis, comes straight from our heart of hearts

Word play all over again.

Change their letter-grouping heart of hearts to my brain neuron modules and surely we are saying exactly the same thing.

To quote the Blessed Wallace Greenslade, it's all in the mind, you know.

Posts: 2312 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, I think it fits with the Qumran sect documents, but I'm not so sure it fits with Jesus' 2 swords statement since there was no anticipation of an immediate war - just anticipation of an arrest.

Should have added to that previous post that the claim Yahwism dictates that God wants to fellowship with mankind — and just pause to dwell on that for a bit. is word for word what the posse insists on. To claim Yahweh wants fellowship with humans is total nonsense.

I'm not just slashing out there. Take my Brahman concept; what possible fellowship can there be with a mind capable of creating a 200billion-galaxy universe, with all its wonders, and any human brain? It's like expecting a new-born baby to play a key active role at a quantum-physics seminar.

Getting back to your point:

First, can anyone please tell me exactly why Jesus told his disciples to sell their cloaks and use the money to buy swords? I've seen some real doozies.

That Last Supper mythology has never made a blind bit of sense to me. It's totally in opposition to logic, reason, and common sense.

Jesus is sitting there with his Zodiacally significant 12 disciples, and informs them one of their number is going to betray him to the Sanhedrin and Romans. Given the Sanhedrin is after his neck, and the Romans see him as a rebellious King of the Jews, that surely must mean Jesus will be executed.

The disciples' response?

Absolutely nothing. They just carry on eating and savouring their four glasses of Passover wine while chatting about whatever takes their interest while Judas (*Pisces?) strolls out to commit his traitorous deed, identifying Jesus to the same people who have been following him for yonks.

Yeah right.

Those of you who know the Bible may be able to tell me exactly why Jesus was going to Gethsemane knowing the Romans were going to get him. What, precisely, does the Bible actually state about this?

Let's apply logic and reason.

While the orthodox necessarily must avoid it, we do have an alternative version of that tale.

In line with the Dead Sea Scrolls, Jesus is one of those Jews absolutely convinced all they had to do was start the rebellion and Adonai would send his Heavenly Hosts down to smash the oppressing Romans. Some (Isaiah?) say the Jews would then rule the entire planet, any surviving world leaders becoming their slaves, those leaders' wives their concubines.

So Jesus orders Judas to go tell the Romans the rebellion has begun, and Judas, as one would, faithfully follows his master's voice.

QED

For the enjoyment and enlightenment of all:

https://www.myjewishlearning.c...anic-age-in-judaism/

Can't resist this:

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish...rlife-like-1.5362876
...there's no Heaven or Hell: we all go to the same place when we die, where Moses and Rabbi Akiva give constant and everlasting classes on the Bible and the Talmud. For the righteous this is eternal bliss, while for the wicked this is eternal suffering.

Oh, Synchronicity, Blessed be Thou.

From the same site (my emphasis):

As much is clearly stated in the Book of Daniel, which purports to be written during the Babylonian Exile, but was really written during the Maccabean Revolt: "And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth shall awake, some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt" (12:2).

Some other relevant points on that site for anyone interested in going there.

* Different sites attribute different signs to Judas to fit in with their emotionality. One even has the temerity to blasphemously say he is a Scorpio!!!!

It does create another genetically programmed question: what is the significance of the Bible's man carrying a pitcher of water?

Can it do anything other than indicate a change of Zodiac Ages, from Pisces (the Christian fish) to Aquarius? One site says it is in effect an insult: no man of that time would carry out in public such a weakening woman's role.

This may be fun for anyone with an interest in astrology. Some challenging interpretations of what the Bible really is saying:

http://www.solarmythology.com/bibleastrology.htm

quote:
I'm doing not much better than a page a day with Patai's The Hebrew Goddess. If any of you feel up to it, for a variety of reasons I won't go into yet, I strongly recommend it. A real eye-opener.
Now you're scatter shooting. Duck!   :duck:

Not really. If I can get my act into gear I want to expand on the blatant use of sex in all its forms as a means of mind-control and indoctrination. How better to control a man that take over his every sex thought?

Just how much control do those 613 laws have over the individual?

Patai, of course, does not interpret it the way I do, but he does place emphasis on this.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I'll never get to sleep tonight.

It all just keeps mounting up. Every time I chase JR and Reed's posts, I find yet more information confirming our biases. CB is going through my red wines at an alarming rate.

http://library.eteacherbiblica...ater_jar-en?pid=3024
A man walking around with a jar of water was a very unusual sight, as this was ordinarily women's work. Why would a man be carrying a water jar in Jerusalem? The only group of Jewish men that traditionally did carry water jars were Essenes. Essenes were mostly celibate, and their men did women’s work. They had their communities, not only in Qumran, but in various towns. They also had a community in Jerusalem.

Some (Barbara Thiering might be one of them) say that Jesus or John the Baptist or both were members of the (Essene?) Qumran sect.

If Jesus instructs his disciples to meet a man carrying a pitcher of water, does this reinforce that thought?

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:

Forget it, sunshine (that's a putdown in Oz Smile-Big   :D )

I'm sticking with Aphrodite, Artemis, and Athena just for starters.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Pagan religion wants a reverential and essential gap between the holy and the profane; Yahwism dictates that God wants to fellowship with mankind — and just pause to dwell on that for a bit.
...We know beyond doubt that there are Yahwists among us who know far more than any scientist; they don't publish and that's why the general public doesn't know about them, but they are there.[/i]

Hoo boy, now we are really getting into word games. Nothing I like better. My heartfelt thanks from my heart of hearts Smile-Big   :D

Thought you might like to breeze through it.

quote:
Don't doubt these blokes are genuine, well and truly sold on what they believe.

However, just a few subtle changes in their letter groupings and we have exactly what I have been saying.

The difference between me and Abarim is I'm OK with the Deus Otiosus and they are not.

Would dearly love to know what is behind their claim that We know beyond doubt that there are Yahwists among us who know far more than any scientist; Who and where are these people?

Could it be they have some sort of version of Conspiracy Theory, their hidden know-it-alls being their equivalent of the Illuminati?

Yeah, I've been pondering where they are coming from on some of this stuff myself.

quote:
As for their claimed importance of the individual, clearly they have somehow totally missed or deleted Ish Milchama's genocide command.

How does the Talmud handle it?

quote:
Our brains are made up of particles that have been around since the beginning of time, and just like ants must build an ant-hill in obedience to ant DNA, so must mankind come up with a model of reality in obedience to human DNA. In other words: the whole picture lies in our hearts, and that which we call inspiration or having a hunch, or even simply an idea for a hypothesis, comes straight from our heart of hearts

Word play all over again.

Change their letter-grouping heart of hearts to my brain neuron modules and surely we are saying exactly the same thing.

Mind-of-God thing?

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Well, I think it fits with the Qumran sect documents, but I'm not so sure it fits with Jesus' 2 swords statement since there was no anticipation of an immediate war - just anticipation of an arrest.

Should have added to that previous post that the claim Yahwism dictates that God wants to fellowship with mankind — and just pause to dwell on that for a bit. is word for word what the posse insists on. To claim Yahweh wants fellowship with humans is total nonsense.

That is not what I get from the Bible. If one follows Jesus' instructions, they are told to unite/fellowship/become one with each other and with God:

"I pray that they will all be one, just as you and I are one--as you are in me, Father, and I am in you. And may they be in us so that the world will believe you sent me."

Nor will people say, ‘Look, here it is,’ or ‘There it is.’ For you see, the kingdom of God is in your midst [or 'within you'].”

quote:
I'm not just slashing out there. Take my Brahman concept; what possible fellowship can there be with a mind capable of creating a 200billion-galaxy universe, with all its wonders, and any human brain? It's like expecting a new-born baby to play a key active role at a quantum-physics seminar.

And yet a toddler can have a relationship with his genius father... Stop thinking of it in terms of the intellect and start looking at it in terms of spiritual unity.

quote:
Getting back to your point:

First, can anyone please tell me exactly why Jesus told his disciples to sell their cloaks and use the money to buy swords? I've seen some real doozies.

As far as I can tell, the idea is that Jesus is mindfully fulfilling prophecy in accordance with Isaiah 53:9-12; which was most likely taken from the ritualistic death of the King of Israel. But since Judaism had done away with the mystical part of the religion (Hezekiah/Josiah), this was to be a once-for-all-and-final fulfillment.

quote:
That Last Supper mythology has never made a blind bit of sense to me. It's totally in opposition to logic, reason, and common sense.

Jesus is sitting there with his Zodiacally significant 12 disciples, and informs them one of their number is going to betray him to the Sanhedrin and Romans. Given the Sanhedrin is after his neck, and the Romans see him as a rebellious King of the Jews, that surely must mean Jesus will be executed.

The disciples' response?

Absolutely nothing. They just carry on eating and savouring their four glasses of Passover wine while chatting about whatever takes their interest while Judas (*Pisces?) strolls out to commit his traitorous deed, identifying Jesus to the same people who have been following him for yonks.

Yeah right.

Those of you who know the Bible may be able to tell me exactly why Jesus was going to Gethsemane knowing the Romans were going to get him. What, precisely, does the Bible actually state about this?

While the orthodox necessarily must avoid it, we do have an alternative version of that tale.

In line with the Dead Sea Scrolls, Jesus is one of those Jews absolutely convinced all they had to do was start the rebellion and Adonai would send his Heavenly Hosts down to smash the oppressing Romans. Some (Isaiah?) say the Jews would then rule the entire planet, any surviving world leaders becoming their slaves, those leaders' wives their concubines.

So Jesus orders Judas to go tell the Romans the rebellion has begun, and Judas, as one would, faithfully follows his master's voice.

QED

Oh, how I do wish you could get your head out of the literal and start looking at it mystically/mythologically! Duck!   :duck:

Later...I've gotta get back to work!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
That being so, I'll be a bit scarce around here until I finish her afghan because she says she is cold all the time.
Pinged Steve on Monday and still haven't heard back...

Thank you, ma'am. I envy your hand skills.

Don't know the trouble I'd get into if I hadn't found a craft as an outlet for my creative side.

Maternal granny made quilts and Paternal granny made clothes and curtains. Mom never got into either.

Really don't know what or how I got into crochet and cross stitching because I didn't know anyone who did either craft. Just saw some craft magazines, bought the patterns and materials and gave it a shot, liked it and kept at it until I mastered it. Started out making lace for towels, sheets and pillowcases, or stitching for the same. Have graduated to afghans and pillows or toys for kids. Both fun and useful items, which of course satisfies my need to be useful and keeps me occupied and delighted at the same time Smile-Big   :D

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh, how I do wish you could get your head out of the literal and start looking at it mystically/mythologically! Duck!   :duck:

Oh, no, you've got that so totally wrong.

Will explain when you've had a good sound sleep.

So do let me know when you are fit and ready Smile-Big   :D

12.30am, so I'm off to bed too.

Both of us in bed together at the same time???

Oh, no, you're doing all the hard work.

That makes a nice chance.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm not just slashing out there. Take my Brahman concept; what possible fellowship can there be with a mind capable of creating a 200billion-galaxy universe, with all its wonders, and any human brain? It's like expecting a new-born baby to play a key active role at a quantum-physics seminar.[quote]Yes fellowship is with the judge of a divine council not Brahman/Zurvan/Ein Sof. Fellowship with Brahman quantum physics seminar-wise would be like having a particle accelerator that gets to the Planck energy; it can't be done.

[quote]That Last Supper mythology has never made a blind bit of sense to me. It's totally in opposition to logic, reason, and common sense.

The disciples' response?

Julius Caesar had a last supper (related to the astrologically inclined Mithraism of his army and its emphasis on the meal) where he was asked how he would like to die; anything fast was his response. His Gethsemane moment was actually his et tu Judas death hence he's not talkative afterwards and his victorious trophy/tropaeum cross was his funeral. This was the original Pauline gentile gospel of Christ via the imperial cult in Rome, Corinth, etc.

https://www.amazon.com/Judas-T...-Jesus/dp/0595777902

quote:

This would be the modified James/Cephas/John revolutionary gospel with their martyred leader in the title role but can't make this too obvious thus:

quote:
The numerous mentions of mountains and their proximity to the Sea of Galilee, in the gospels, should raise a red flag as Nazareth is more than twenty miles from the Sea and situated on a flat plateau and Capernaum is at sea level, but with no mountains. However, the Sea is actually visible from Gamala or Gamla, which is seven miles northeast of the east bank, and unlike Nazareth actually existed during the time of Christ and had its own Temple, This city, which was excavated during the 1970’s and 80s, was the home of Judas of Galilee, and would too closely tie the Jesus of Christianity with the Jewish rebels. It is also the main region inhabited by the original Nazorean sect.

https://www.amazon.com/Judas-N...placed/dp/1591431824

Posts: 967 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Report This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Forget it, sunshine (that's a putdown in Oz Smile-Big   :D )

I'm sticking with Aphrodite, Artemis, and Athena just for starters.

Actually, I was referring to Amazons. Smile   :)

Posts: 9367 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

The disciples' response?

Yeah right.

First: Recall the changes made by Hezekiah and Josiah.
The point of which was to take the religion from a mystical one to a legalistic one (when they found the book of the law). They did away with all the emblems of the old religion; the memorial stones, Asherah/Wisdom poles/trees, and completely emptied out the Holy of Holies in the Temple, to include the anointing oil.

Second: Then in Daniel 7:25 it states:
He will speak against the Most High and oppress his holy people and try to change the set times and the laws. The holy people will be delivered into his hands for a time, times and half a time.

IOW, they also changed the date of Passover (as well as Day of Atonement, IIRC). Don't have the time to pull out my books and look it up, but it has to do with On Earth As In Heaven; timing of the rituals was important.

Now, back to the story...The disciples are portrayed as not fully understanding what Jesus has been teaching them. Yet they seem to understand considerably more after the resurrection event. So I dunno if that portrayal is purposeful, nor why it would be - except maybe to overstate that they were students.

And yes, there is significance to the man carrying a water jug and riding into Jerusalem on a donkey. I recall reading something about it quite a while back, but I don't recall where and don't have time to run it down right now. The water jug has to do with the zodiac and the donkey has to do with the King of Israel/Judah riding into the city following his anointing (1 Kings 1:33/2 Samuel 16:2, plus others).

quote:

Why don't we apply the point that Jesus is purposefully changing the Josiah religion back to the pre-Josiah one? Much had been changed; the dates, emblems, anointing, rituals, and subsequent mystical significance.

quote:

QED

I think you are way off base on that one...

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, I was referring to Amazons. Smile   :)

Two of them here I have learned over the years would have done better against Herakles than did Hippolyte, better than Penthesilea against Achilles.

I learned the hard way and forget to carry a big stick.

Metaphorically speaking, anyway Smile   :)

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh, no, you've got that so totally wrong.

Will explain when you've had a good sound sleep.

So do let me know when you are fit and ready Smile-Big   :D

12.30am, so I'm off to bed too.

Both of us in bed together at the same time???

Oh, no, you're doing all the hard work.

That makes a nice chance.

Dreaming out loud, Sugah?

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jews are far better at playing word games than the likes of gotquestionas.org and AiG, but few are a match for me Smile-Big Smile-Big   :D

Good going! That translates into "Is The Name a man of war? No, The Name is His name." IOW, it says absolutely nothing.

Gotquestions is more than a little biased, imho, because it attempts to adhere to Christian theologies.[/QUOTE]

It's much more than that.

When I first arrived on the Internet big-time, it wasn't long before I recognised a type. Usually it was a neo-nazi site, but so well-written few would recognise it unless they were clued up.

AiG, gotanswers, and so on, are far less skilled, but do well enough to con the unwary.

On the surface they make sense, and seem to be addressing the issue, but no sub-editor could miss what they really are up to.

Some on those sites may well be perfectly genuine, however there are skilled wordsmiths at the helm.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
How does the Talmud handle it?[QUOTE/]

You have any idea how many volumes there are in the Talmudim?

Wink   ;)

Had a quick butcher's, but found nothing.

Mind-of-God thing?[/QUOTE]

No.

Mind IS God thing.