Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... 25
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Oh, if I can get a good look at an egg, I can tell if it is fresh or not. The older it is the more space at the larger end of the egg - caused by evaporation through the shell. And a fresh egg will still have a slight sheen (called bloom) that fades as it ages or is handled.

Thanks, I knew the air was there but forgot there was candling, I only remembered the float test!

There is a small pocket in a fresh egg, but the older it is, the larger the pocket. It becomes VERY apparent when the eggs are boiled...but can be seen through the shell in good light except in the darkest of the brown eggs.

Here in the US, the only eggs that will have a bloom when fresh are the ones bought directly from a producer that doesn't wash their eggs. Store-bought eggs are required by USDA to be washed - which removes the bloom.

I read up on all that stuff when I had my chickens. Never washed my eggs and very few ever would have needed to be. Those few were immediately scrambled and fed to the kitties before they had an opportunity to become contaminated.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4141 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
quote:
Oh, if I can get a good look at an egg, I can tell if it is fresh or not. The older it is the more space at the larger end of the egg - caused by evaporation through the shell. And a fresh egg will still have a slight sheen (called bloom) that fades as it ages or is handled.

Thanks, I knew the air was there but forgot there was candling, I only remembered the float test!

There is a small pocket in a fresh egg, but the older it is, the larger the pocket. It becomes VERY apparent when the eggs are boiled...but can be seen through the shell in good light except in the darkest of the brown eggs.

Here in the US, the only eggs that will have a bloom when fresh are the ones bought directly from a producer that doesn't wash their eggs. Store-bought eggs are required by USDA to be washed - which removes the bloom.

I read up on all that stuff when I had my chickens. Never washed my eggs and very few ever would have needed to be. Those few were immediately scrambled and fed to the kitties before they had an opportunity to become contaminated.

I remember my grandmother selling eggs which meant she candled each egg and stamped it with a purple oval circle. I don’t remember exactly what it said, if anything, but it was to certify it was not a fertile egg. To me that means you can at least see shadows and lines!

Posts: 5131 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness gracious me.

Seems modern science is starting to catch up on what I have known for decades (thanks, of course, to a long list of forward-looking maverick theorists and researchers).

Read some years ago that Johns Hopkins was testing psilocybin, with just the results I expected. The institute then took it further, with a panel of religious subjects, rabbis, Catholic and Protestant priests and ministers. (No Muslims at the beginning, anyway.)

Let it go for a spell, then decided today to see how they were getting on.

And there it is.

You'll remember a great respected friend from an earlier forum who, some of us wondered, might be one of the select -- and elect -- few, whose body created more than the normal amount of DMT.

Now it must be getting very close to being wrapped up.

May I invite you all to check this one out?

Change a few words here and there, and we have exactly what
Allegro, Ruck, Hancock and many other of my sources have been saying for many a long year. If they did not create our deities, our religions, entheogens were and are essential to their formation.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/r...-drugs/#378bd80c24af
“On a December day in 1960, Baptist minister Reverend William Potoroka had one of the most transcendent spiritual experiences of his life. It was an event that would reframe his understanding of science, spirituality and of his own personal vocation,” reports PRØHBTD... “’I felt that I was ascending a spiral staircase and that this was leading me up, up, into the light,’” he recalled. ‘It was as if my ascent would soon put me within gazing distance of God and his throne.’”
...Though Potoroka found himself at the intersection of the age-old debate between science and religion, he described his healing experience with LSD this way: "Through a several-staged experience of being pulled upward, or of aspiration, I believe that I received an enhancement of my idea of God and grace. This came to me from what I believed before the experience and how much more God and grace mean to me because of the experience. LSD helped me so to make contact with the spiritual treasures I knew of… [and] I found new riches there."

Not hard, either, to see the connection between NDEs and the millennia-old shamanic initiatory experience.

Oh, ye of little faith Smile-Big   :D

My good mate the kookaburra is patiently sitting outside my computer-room window, so I'd better go.

See y'all.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1590 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
’I felt that I was ascending a spiral staircase and that this was leading me up, up, into the light,’” he recalled. ‘It was as if my ascent would soon put me within gazing distance of God and his throne.’”
...Though Potoroka found himself at the intersection of the age-old debate between science and religion, he described his healing experience with LSD this way: "Through a several-staged experience of being pulled upward, or of aspiration, I believe that I received an enhancement of my idea of God and grace. This came to me from what I believed before the experience and how much more God and grace mean to me because of the experience. LSD helped me so to make contact with the spiritual treasures I knew of… [and] I found new riches there."

Not hard, either, to see the connection between NDEs and the millennia-old shamanic initiatory experience.
Entheogens seem to have a couple of effects. One is to get the ego out of the way and this kind of happens with just one use (personality change to being more open which NDEs can certainly do too).

The other effect is something synesthesia-like. It kind of jumbles sensory information together which includes the symbolic 6th sense DNA antenna information. I think it helped Timothy Leary be quite ready for his transition to an afterlife. For Terence McKenna it might have put him into the afterlife sooner via a brain tumor.

For me things like modern trance channeling without entheogens produces transcripts less jumbled in abstract synesthesia-like ways. Sure the body can have its own chemicals to help keep the ego at bay and get hold of hard to get to DNA antenna information.

Another thing to keep in mind is that these types of experiences like modern channeling can get hold of your own biases to mix in with the DNA antenna info. For example this from Stafford Betty's "When did you ever become less by dying":

quote:
Many spirits continue to observe the man-made forms of religion they practiced on earth until they discover a deeper, fuller spirituality “purged of every trace of meaningless creed, of doctrines and dogmas,” as one spirit put it. Some say they have seen Jesus. AD Mattson, a Lutheran theologian on earth, says that each of us will see Jesus, if we want to, as we think of him. Presumably that would hold true of other religious savior figures.

An addition of something like a spiral staircase leading to the throne of God could certainly be your own previous ideas merging into the experience.

Here's a DNA antenna paper just dealing with its wave properties not consciousness (for life or the afterlife) though one of the authors also co-wrote a paper with a researcher who has a quantum consciousness model with states he thinks of as being able to exist after death.

https://arxiv.org/pdf/1809.03438.pdf

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Oh my goodness gracious me.

Seems modern science is starting to catch up on what I have known for decades (thanks, of course, to a long list of forward-looking maverick theorists and researchers).

Been poking around re this subject. Might have something to say if/when I can get my thoughts together.

Head has been rather stuffy as our pollen count has been ramping up and reached 6262 ppm yesterday. I am suffering bigly.

Sis is spending the day with me today so I'll be a bit distracted most of the day. Gonna try some Tilapia Florentine with Mashed Garlic Potatoes at IHOP for lunch. Nice and soft but far from being a smoothie!

Posts: 4141 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Entheogens seem to have a couple of effects. One is to get the ego out of the way and this kind of happens with just one use (personality change to being more open which NDEs can certainly do too).
The other effect is something synesthesia-like. It kind of jumbles sensory information together which includes the symbolic 6th sense DNA antenna information. I think it helped Timothy Leary be quite ready for his transition to an afterlife. For Terence McKenna it might have put him into the afterlife sooner via a brain tumor.
For me things like modern trance channeling without entheogens produces transcripts less jumbled in abstract synesthesia-like ways. Sure the body can have its own chemicals to help keep the ego at bay and get hold of hard to get to DNA antenna information.
Another thing to keep in mind is that these types of experiences like modern channeling can get hold of your own biases to mix in with the DNA antenna info. For example this from Stafford Betty's "When did you ever become less by dying"

My reading says otherwise. Psilocybin, in particular, seems to have a lasting effect and actually changes the way one experiences life.

quote:
An addition of something like a spiral staircase leading to the throne of God could certainly be your own previous ideas merging into the experience.

Something I read years ago puts a slightly different slant on this.

While I agree those steeped in the Abrahamic religions actually would "see" what they have been indoctrinated to see, this other source said if it can't work out what it is seeing our brain makes it fit into what it does know. How often to we recognise someone or something then, on closer examination, we know s/he or it is not what we first thought?

Same goes for what see "see" under entheogens. Our brain interprets it as something we already know.

The big question, so far unanswered, is why did and do people from entirely different cultures see the same things under an entheogen? Therianthropes are a big question here.

Posts: 1590 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
My reading says otherwise. Psilocybin, in particular, seems to have a lasting effect and actually changes the way one experiences life.
Yes that's the first of the two effects I mentioned aka the one you only have take the drug once for aka it's a lasting effect that makes you more open in an abstract kind of way.

The mixing of senses visions are the not permanent part aka you don't keep having hallucinating-like experiences like the "sea of faces" without the drug which is good though maybe if you used it too often/too much you could have some bad trip lasting effects but Leary at least didn't seem to have a problem in this area.

quote:
The big question, so far unanswered, is why did and do people from entirely different cultures see the same things under an entheogen? Therianthropes are a big question here.
Yeah that would be a "sea of faces" haven't gone into the light yet earth spirit realm and a more hyperdimensional alien realm.

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
JR

Where do you buy yarn. JoAnns is insisting on using FedEx. Package arrive in Hagerstown mid afternoon Sunday. Joann sent me notice Monday it would be delivered. Never say it get on a truck until near 8 p last night, Today it is in Georgia! Joann say Friday now, but FedEx says they don’t know. For what it is worth, ordered on 1 April.

Posts: 5131 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR

Where do you buy yarn. JoAnns is insisting on using FedEx. Package arrive in Hagerstown mid afternoon Sunday. Joann sent me notice Monday it would be delivered. Never say it get on a truck until near 8 p last night, Today it is in Georgia! Joann say Friday now, but FedEx says they don’t know. For what it is worth, ordered on 1 April.

Hmmm, I buy yarn from numerous sources. Have ordered very little directly from JoAnn's although I have shopped in the store, but that was a while back.

I mostly order from Hobby Lobby, Herschener's, Amazon, or Annie's Attic these days. And on a rare occasion from JoAnn's.

And yeah, delivery is getting to be something of a hit or miss exercise these days. Had a problem with an Amazon order yesterday. It was storming big time when the USPS came by. Didn't surprise me that my package wasn't delivered. What surprised me was that the USPS failure-to-deliver-notice was "Unable to access residence" which Amazon took to mean that USPS needed an access code to gain access to a gate to my address, so they requested I call USPS and give them the access code!

But I've notice a steep decline in the USPS and FedEx delivery systems lately. Really don't seem to have their acts together.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I tried to find what I wanted on Amazon, or someplace else. It was not my first time ordering, but the first serious problem, but I don’t recall them using FedEx before.

I was having trouble with Smartpost because FedEx had some codes wrong. Those go to Philly and then either toured the area or got sent to Lancaster from Harrisburg. Harrisburg is where it should have gone. I got where if I knew they were using Smartpost I entered a different zip, the main one at the post office. I think it finally got fixed after a conversation I had with Fashion Fabrics.

We have UPS trained now. But when we first got here we asked for a notice and we’d pick it up. Not particularly close. One card said there was no house on the property! We’ve also gotten inclimental weather when we in fact had been in town and the roads were clear. Some times the weather changes and late evening there is ice! USPS has too far to go to find us not home, and we are normally home except when USPS seems to want to deliver a package! We’ve ask they just give us a pick up notice.

I assumed since you do get out too much that you were doing more online.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I assumed since you do get out too much that you were doing more online.

Presume you mean "don't get out too much"...

Most of my shopping for the last 18-24 months has been done online. But even prior to my back issues, I did as much online shopping as I could simply because shopping isn't one of my favorite things to do. Makes my sisters crazy! They ALWAYS include shopping in any outings they schedule...I never do. I usually shopped on my way home from some other necessary trip. Just a quick in-and-out. But to spend hours shopping is boring beyond tears to me.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Yep, do not get out, sorry.

I don’t mind, or didn’t mind shopping, but if I’m looking for something specific the searching is too much! And since we live way out of town our shopping is after doctor appointments and the like. Hubby does most of the grocery shopping now. I used to like shopping in the malls, now it’s all alike and looks awful on me!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Before my frustration gets the better of me once again, thought I’d invite you all to check out the Jack Son
V.O.Chidambaram College, Tuticorin contribution on https://www.researchgate.net/p...m_influenced_Judaism

It is the one thing which has cheered me up over the past few weeks.

Combine this with Margaret Barker and my Confirmation Bias loves it. With my palate dead, She is the One Who enjoys my best reds while I settle for a goon red.

No big deal. All that’s wrong is I cannot find the motivation to get myself re-started.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Before my frustration gets the better of me once again, thought I’d invite you all to check out the Jack Son
V.O.Chidambaram College, Tuticorin contribution on https://www.researchgate.net/p...m_influenced_Judaism

It is the one thing which has cheered me up over the past few weeks.

Combine this with Margaret Barker and my Confirmation Bias loves it. With my palate dead, She is the One Who enjoys my best reds while I settle for a goon red.

No big deal. All that’s wrong is I cannot find the motivation to get myself re-started.

My get up and go got up and went too! I need to start doing again ... maybe tomorrow!

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Procrastinate now!

Posts: 9000 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
That meeting was postponed!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
My get up and go got up and went too! I need to start doing again ... maybe tomorrow!

Seems all you need is a tuit; a round one.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Seems all you need is a tuit; a round one.

Or a wooden nickel?

You can actually buy both here. I like the tuits that are potholders, at least they have a function!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Okay Allan, where are you.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
On another thread Reed posted: "You really can’t carry on a conversation can you? Are you afraid someone might say something that changed your mind?"

Can we can sort out why some people are terrified of having their perceptions corrected while others are equally terrified of being publicly wrong and keep searching till they get it right?