Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 ... 22
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Try this
http://aantares.com/eve/forums...6052334/m/3750052496
It’s about press passes being withdrawn. It’s fairly short.

Got it, thanks. Will check it properly when I get back from the shops.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1567 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I think d way to watch some of your stations. I’m going need a vpn while I’m in China and after exploring t a bit discover I can pick where the server is hmmmm....

Posts: 5056 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Allan, I'm in a funk. I'll get back to you re you post once it lifts...

Tell me about it.

Woke about five hours ago and only now is my head starting to clear. Cutting heavily into my tissue boxes.

Was it you or Reed who said there is a chiropractic method of clearing up this mess?

Try this or get your chiro to do it for you:
relieving sinus pressure

Some of my funk is sinus too. But most of it is these teeth and some messy business with IRS. I really just don't feel up to dealing with them right now...

quote:
Been out of touch with the football club this season. Just discovered the top teams, male and female, are doing extremely well. The men's side in particular, as the top knobs have been doing their damnedest to get us out of the Premier League. We survived only because other clubs pulled out, and we have risen from cellar-dweller to the top of the league.

Excellent. Hope they keep up the good work!

Now I'm off to bed...again...

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4071 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Ahh, I remember rubbing the ankle righ below the bone ... reflexology.

Posts: 5056 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Hoo boy, seems I'll never learn.

While I was sitting watching the reserves match last night, the woman beside me started chatting. She was there to see her son play, and it was not long before I had to ask her what her accent was. She came from Boston six years ago, lives in the far north-west, and had come on a visit to see her son who plays here. She likes the laid-back Aussie style, and her son is now a dinky-di Aussie.

Told her I have some great US friends on Internet chat forums, and she asked me what my main interest was.

Told her it is mythology, and I keep getting into trouble with my views.

We chatted on about mythology, and I mentioned John Allegro and what it cost him when he hypothesised in The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross that religions may have originated with the shamans' use of hallucinogens.

We chatted about this for a while.

When she left, she told me her first name and, as we were shaking hands, added that she is a reverend.

Hadn't noticed, but while we were talking she had looked up Allegro on her iPod, and planned to buy both The Sacred Mushroom[I] and his [I]The Dead Sea Scrolls and the Christian Myth

In passing, have started to look for evidence to support my suspicion that some, at least, of the clergy sexual molestation of children is involved with religious rituals using men's juices and women's menstrual blood.

Looks promising so far.

Posts: 1567 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hoo boy, seems I'll never learn.

While I was sitting watching the reserves match last night, the woman beside me started chatting. She was there to see her son play, and it was not long before I had to ask her what her accent was. She came from Boston six years ago, lives in the far north-west, and had come on a visit to see her son who plays here. She likes the laid-back Aussie style, and her son is now a dinky-di Aussie.

My old boyfriend was from Boston. I've visited there numerous times. They serve the best New England Clam Chowder to be had!

Posts: 4071 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
...Quite apart from the suggestion that the pomegranate was in fact the forbidden fruit in that garden in Eden, hence the conviction it has 613 seeds (wonder how jeff613 is getting on these days?), the pomegranate plays a significant role in many other mythologies.

Have you come across any material on datura? It's name comes from the Hindu word dhatura which means thorn apple.

It is known by several common names; Jimsonweed, Jamestown weed, Thorn Apple, Devil's Trumpet, Angel's Trumpet, Mad Apple, Stink Weed, and likely a few others. The seedpod is called a May Apple by some, and is filled with numerous seeds. Not to mention...
quote:
Despite the grave risks, sacred datura has been used since ancient times by spiritualists, holy men, medicine men, witches and even modern recreational drug users. It may, said one source, spawn “deep inner visionary states,” but it may also leave a person “feeling like an alien” or “feeling as if your being is dissolving.” It may cause a “fear of losing control or of insanity.” It makes you dream, even when awake. It makes you imagine that you’re seeing three dimensional objects that, in reality, don’t exist.

Datura

The seed pods are filled with numerous little black seeds.
Image Seed Pod

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed, Allan,
Did either of you hear from Mary Jean yesterday or today?

Did she mention something about a divorce...?

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Reed, Allan,
Did either of you hear from Mary Jean yesterday or today?

Did she mention something about a divorce...?

I heard from her on the 12th. She was following up on Archie. I responded but have not heard from her. Hope it isn’t the family she is living with!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hope it isn’t the family she is living with!

Afraid so...

At this point, she doesn't know where she will be living...but maybe back to a nursing home. Makes me very sad.

Long-term relationships do tend to have their ups and downs, so I'm hoping it isn't nearly as serious as it seems to be, and that they will work it out.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hope it isn’t the family she is living with!

Afraid so...

At this point, she doesn't know where she will be living...but maybe back to a nursing home. Makes me very sad.

Long-term relationships do tend to have their ups and downs, so I'm hoping it isn't nearly as serious as it seems to be, and that they will work it out.

Unfortunately some of the stressed can be from extended family. Have you tried to phone her? Is I possible if she paid for a bit more outside help so her daughter didn’t need to work so much it would help? Should we take this offline?

I hate to see her in a nursing home where she isn’t cared for. There are some good ones, but many demand more because they can!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I hate to see her in a nursing home where she isn’t cared for. There are some good ones, but many demand more because they can!

Things aren't quite as bad as Mary Jean had feared, but check your email for the rest, ok.

Now I'm off to bed. Good night and God bless.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Got another email from Mary Jean. Things seem to have settled down a bit and she is no longer in fear of having to be sent to a nursing home - at least not in the near future. Hopefully, not ever.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Any chance Steve might move?

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm thinking Steve will remain where he is until he can no longer live alone...which doesn't seem to be too far in the future. Then he will likely either move in with his daughter or into a nursing home. She lives in WA, but I don't know what area, but iirc, it isn't close to Mary Jean.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I'm thinking Steve will remain where he is until he can no longer live alone...which doesn't seem to be too far in the future. Then he will likely either move in with his daughter or into a nursing home. She lives in WA, but I don't know what area, but iirc, it isn't close to Mary Jean.

I thought it was nearby, from the conversations. I can imagine the two of them needing to talk to each other, but mostly enjoying it!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought it was nearby, from the conversations. I can imagine the two of them needing to talk to each other, but mostly enjoying it!

His daughter lives near where Mary Jane USED TO LIVE. But yeah, they would truly enjoy each other's company tremendously I'm sure.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have you come across any material on datura? Its name comes from the Hindu word dhatura which means thorn apple.

Must have been back on our old forum where I discussed this.

Can't find it quickly, but seem to remember that one aspect of datura is its high chilli-like mouth-burning effect.

That, of course, tied in sweetly with the argument of that time that Moses was literally and psychedelically high on "Mt Sinai" when, in close proximity to that bush which "burned" without being consumed, he had his visions of God (wasn't the bush which burned, it was the seeds in his mouth).

Somewhere on my shelves I have a book where the author states there is one mountain suggested to be where Moses was which actually does have an ancient altar at the peak which has a significant number of datura bushes around it.

Potent stuff, with some real medical advantages.

Will send an email to Mary Jean after I have fed the birds.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Have you come across any material on datura? Its name comes from the Hindu word dhatura which means thorn apple.

Must have been back on our old forum where I discussed this.

Can't find it quickly, but seem to remember that one aspect of datura is its high chilli-like mouth-burning effect.

That, of course, tied in sweetly with the argument of that time that Moses was literally and psychedelically high on "Mt Sinai" when, in close proximity to that bush which "burned" without being consumed, he had his visions of God (wasn't the bush which burned, it was the seeds in his mouth).

Somewhere on my shelves I have a book where the author states there is one mountain suggested to be where Moses was which actually does have an ancient altar at the peak which has a significant number of datura bushes around it.

Ah HA! I DO remember that. Just didn't recall the name of the plant.

quote:
Will send an email to Mary Jean after I have fed the birds.

Y'all stay in touch with her because I'm gonna be kinda out of it for the next few days.

My dental appointment is tomorrow for the removal of the remainder of my teeth and to get these slivers of bone removed from my upper gums. Dang, I'll be so glad to have this portion of this process completed.

But at least the weather is conducive to icy cold smoothies! And I do like them. Especially the ones made with berries. Gives a nice jolt of energy. Zoom zoom!

You might want to try one when you find yourself sagging in the afternoon. Cup of frozen berries, enough pomegranate (or other) juice to cover, a bit of yogurt (optional). Blend until smooth (press through a strainer if you don't like the seeds) and enjoy.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Good luck tomorrow. I had already sent a yet to be answered email. Will continue.