Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Good luck tomorrow. I had already sent a yet to be answered email. Will continue.

Thanks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6301 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OK, now I'm ticked!

Dentist's office lost my lower dentures and therefore could not extract my lower teeth... And I wouldn't let them remove the bone slivers on this visit because I'm not gonna go through sore mouth syndrome twice when once would suffice.

Had to do another impression for a new bottom denture. Have my next appointment on June 6.

SHEESH!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Got a call 1 1/2 hours after I returned home that now they've found them.

Think my dentist broke out a big can a whoopass on 'em. He was pretty upset with them since this would have been the 3rd time having to make new impressions (the first were too large and so they had to remake them with the smallest forms they had). Got a feeling he threatened to take the price of the dentures out of somebody's paycheck. And these weren't cheap dentures!

Now I'm off for my belated afternoon nap. See ya later.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
OK, now I'm ticked!

Dentist's office lost my lower dentures and therefore could not extract my lower teeth... And I wouldn't let them remove the bone slivers on this visit because I'm not gonna go through sore mouth syndrome twice when once would suffice.

Had to do another impression for a new bottom denture. Have my next appointment on June 6.

SHEESH!

I’ve had xrays that were lost after they were just taken! Before digital, of course. Are they paying for your transportation?

Posts: 9435 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Got a call 1 1/2 hours after I returned home that now they've found them.

Think my dentist broke out a big can a whoopass on 'em. He was pretty upset with them since this would have been the 3rd time having to make new impressions (the first were too large and so they had to remake them with the smallest forms they had). Got a feeling he threatened to take the price of the dentures out of somebody's paycheck. And these weren't cheap dentures!

Now I'm off for my belated afternoon nap. See ya later.

I’ve had them use too big of molds too. Once I complained and she just pushed them down harder. My gums were sore and when the dentist found out she made her call and apoologize! And check on me and offer some remedies. I now tell them they need to use the smallest mold. They tell me that’s children’s, so I agree to the next to the largest children! They always use the adult and listen, even when they don’t know me. My dentist up here now has a scan system for crowns. The devices is huge so if you are talking about a molar it can be difficult. The fits are much better, however. Not sure I’d want my whole mouthdipone with it though. And I can see it duplicating my mother’s crooked teeth. Bottom lowers were all sideways. Didn’t really look bad and no one really noticed but she made sure we didn’t end up with the same. I have one early tooth that is slightly askew. I wouldn’t want it duplicated either.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
OK, now I'm ticked!

SHEESH!

I’ve had xrays that were lost after they were just taken! Before digital, of course. Are they paying for your transportation?

My last dental office lost a full set of before and after digitals on a root canal and crown. Yep, it came out of their pocket because the insurance wouldn't pay until they produced them.

And no, of course they aren't paying for my transportation (my sister came to be with me) but they did offer to pay for an Uber for my next visit if my sister couldn't make it.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
OK, now I'm ticked!

SHEESH!

My last dental office lost a full set of before and after digitals on a root canal and crown. Yep, it came out of their pocket because the insurance wouldn't pay until they produced them.

And no, of course they aren't paying for my transportation (my sister came to be with me) but they did offer to pay for an Uber for my next visit if my sister couldn't make it.

I think I’d charge them the Uber price, at least!

My xrays were supposedly lost in the bottom of the tank, twice!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Have no idea what the price of Uber would be since I've never used them because they don't screen their drivers as well as most of our taxi services do.

I have no sympathy for them when they lose patient information. None. If it ends up costing them money, so be it. It's their lack of patient information protocols and/or personnel issues that needs fixing.

I would be happy if they straighten their act up and let's just get this done!

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Have no idea what the price of Uber would be since I've never used them because they don't screen their drivers as well as most of our taxi services do.

I have no sympathy for them when they lose patient information. None. If it ends up costing them money, so be it. It's their lack of patient information protocols and/or personnel issues that needs fixing.

I would be happy if they straighten their act up and let's just get this done!

Although I had a niece that drove for them, I also don’t know what they cost. And like you I’m not crazy abou their partial screening. Although I wondered about taxis at times too, there seems to be more problems with Uber. It was my impression you could get an estimate before hand, but I guess that can be done with a taxi too. Pay your sister the taxi price works for me!

Uber seems to require a smart phone so I’ve never tried them, especially in foreign countries.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Although I had a niece that drove for them, I also don’t know what they cost. And like you I’m not crazy abou their partial screening. Although I wondered about taxis at times too, there seems to be more problems with Uber. It was my impression you could get an estimate before hand, but I guess that can be done with a taxi too. Pay your sister the taxi price works for me!

Uber seems to require a smart phone so I’ve never tried them, especially in foreign countries.

quote:
Taxi drivers and limo drivers undergo fingerprint-based background checks by the state. Uber and Lyft drivers undergo company background checks that do not require fingerprints.

AJC

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:
Taxi drivers and limo drivers undergo fingerprint-based background checks by the state. Uber and Lyft drivers undergo company background checks that do not require fingerprints.

AJC

I didn’t see it in the article but I didn’t see the requirement for a CDL license, for Uber. My niece was in New York and they knew about her previous felony, which she went to jail for in another state. She was having trouble with getting any other job, at the time. She’s a hard worker and is an asset to any company which decides to hire her.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OK, where's Allan...?

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK, where's Allan...?

I sent him a note a couple of days ago, no idea. I was going to stir up Bryan first, but you did that.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan Sugah, I see you pokin' about... You doin' alright?

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Can’t find a way to create a new post

quote:
The US is attempting to confirm reports that North Korea has executed its special envoy to America, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said.
"We've seen the reporting to which you are referring," Mr Pompeo told a news conference in Berlin. "We're doing our best to check it out."
South Korean media reported that the secretive communist state had executed Kim Hyok-Chol and other foreign ministry workers who steered negotiations for a failed summit between leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump.
The pair met in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi in February to discuss the denuclearisation of North Korea in exchange for some possible sanctions relief. But the talks stalled and the summit was abruptly cut short by several hours.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan Sugah, I see you pokin' about... You doin' alright?

I saw that too!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
The US is attempting to confirm reports that North Korea has executed its special envoy to America, Secretary of State Mike Pompeo has said.
"We've seen the reporting to which you are referring," Mr Pompeo told a news conference in Berlin. "We're doing our best to check it out."
South Korean media reported that the secretive communist state had executed Kim Hyok-Chol and other foreign ministry workers who steered negotiations for a failed summit between leader Kim Jong-un and US President Donald Trump.
The pair met in the Vietnamese capital of Hanoi in February to discuss the denuclearisation of North Korea in exchange for some possible sanctions relief. But the talks stalled and the summit was abruptly cut short by several hours.

Do you mean to start a NEW THREAD on the News heading?

Make sure you are IN the News Heading (IOW, Open it).
Once you click on it, you will see:
Aantares Aantares BB Your News, Money, Sports News with underlines underneath the headings and the list of news subjects beneath some tabs.

Then go to the tabs underneath those headings - and above the news subjects - and click on the tab labeled Post (it has a file folder beside it).

Then open Topic.

Fill out the topic line first and then paste your quote in the dialog box.

Then post it.

Easy peasy.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

quote:

Do you mean to start a NEW THREAD on the News heading?

Make sure you are IN the News Heading (IOW, Open it).
Once you click on it, you will see:
Aantares Aantares BB Your News, Money, Sports News with underlines underneath the headings and the list of news subjects beneath some tabs.

Then go to the tabs underneath those headings - and above the news subjects - and click on the tab labeled Post (it has a file folder beside it).

Then open Topic.

Fill out the topic line first and then paste your quote in the dialog box.

Then post it.

Easy peasy.

I’ve done it before and forgot how. The directions are wrong it seems.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Off to the dentist in the morning. May be a few days before I post again.

Chronic...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Off to the dentist in the morning. May be a few days before I post again.

Hope all goes well, or went well if you’re back!