Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 ... 36
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything. We aren't quite back to Eden channeling each others thoughts quite yet (with or without entheogens!)

As you know all too well, given my extremely limited experience I still have reservations about mediums/channellers.

I got nothing from the first two, and the third gave up half-way through the session, saying she'd achieve more if she taught me how to do it.

For me so far, channellers are either naturally gifted in reading body language, or have received excellent training.

Either way, my poker face, controlled shoulders, give them nothing to work on.

Still reckon properly controlled use of entheogens is what we continue to need.

Have you looked up the Johns Hopkins' psilocybin experiments? Googling what I have italicised has given me enough to keep me quiet for quite a time.

Care to join me?

We have issues with returned veterans suffering from PTSD. Why are they all nor permitted controlled use of the sacred mushroom?

Apart, of course, from pressure from Big Pharma and Big Religion.
Well there are modern channelers into very Zoroaster-sounding things including one that has channeled about Zoroaster himself. You do have to be careful about your sources since even if they are genuine, many just channel their own subconscious or a "dead dude" source just having fun who knows little more than you do.

Linda and I have been talking about a friend of hers who is a grad student who has written about and used MDMA aka Ecstacy and channels. She also says she has PTSD from her channeling via too many voices coming in. PTSD in general is ruminating too much over your thoughts and entheogens after just one use makes you more open to other thoughts than the ones overwhelming you. You may though have to be careful about your new thought channels eventually overwhelming you in some way. Timothy Leary did it well, Terence McKenna not so much.

Posts: 910 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything.

LOL, do you live alone?

I do. Sometimes I forget that mumbling under my breath doesn't translate into typing that can be seen on the other end...Wink   ;)
I am the only one in the house a lot when I'm online and in more contentious places like Amazon was and Facebook is, I do clench teeth and run around the house a lot. I do it even when people are around just a little more subdued; my family refers to it as me dancing.

LOL, I've known a couple of people like you. You are fun to watch Wink   ;)

You and Allan keep those discussions coming. I always read them and poke around in some of your references.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4939 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Didn't make it to my dental appointment yesterday. Had to postpone it due to a runny nose...

New appointment on Tuesday.

Posts: 4939 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Sorry to hear that. I noticed this morning I was a bit more stuffed up!

Posts: 5982 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear that. I noticed this morning I was a bit more stuffed up!

Obviously the Internet is a carrier, as I'm on my second box of tissues.

Or maybe it is nothing more than the empathy we share.

Seem to remember recommending you and JR read The Sacred Mushroom and the Cross. Going through it again this time, I'm having second thoughts.

Allegro does not go as far back as I insist on. However, what he says will curl more than the hairs of anyone committed to Judaeo-Christianity.

Problem is, it all makes perfect sense.

Off to feed the birds. The lorikeets have taken over, with up to four dozen sharing my beer table, the other hundred or so within a few feet.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1709 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I have it, haven’t really read it in depth. Are those birds in your backyard?

The weather is too hot and humid, so I’m good with the Internet carrying cold viruses. I’m tiring of coughing up goo too! Y eyes one focus either. It’s as if there is a light film over them.

Pricing is dropping again for Asia, there’s still time for you to join! Several from Au and NZ have recently joined the trip on 4 sept. It’s intensive in that there is a port nearly every day.

Of course if you’d rather go from Singapore to Dubai next April I believe that has a smoking room. At least it’s sister ship did. It’s negative pressure and they call it a connoisseur lounge.

Posts: 5982 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Dental Update:
Went to the dentist on Tuesday. Since the swelling on the lower gums has gone down considerably, it was plain to see that I'm having the same bone fragment issue as I have with the upper gums.

We decided that if we left the lower gums to heal for another week, we could probably remove the fragments from both at the same time. So we decided to wait. I am scheduled for next Tuesday.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Sounds like a reasonable plan, other than you’d prefer to be done, finish, eating, etc!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Weather is supposed to get here around 2-4 iirc. Thatisnt quite late enough to get DC, but these are harsh storms that stall. Over by 7p but may mess up local firework shows. Hmmmm

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
We decided that if we left the lower gums to heal for another week, we could probably remove the fragments from both at the same time. So we decided to wait. I am scheduled for next Tuesday.

Boy, you really are going through it hard.

Does serve one valuable purpose, though.

I really do have no excuse for feeling sorry for myself, do I.

Doesn't stop me from being easily confused.

My chiro put me on to a Medicare scheme which paid for five visits where he can use laser on my sinuses. To begin with, on my first visit it had not been processed, so the front counter was forced to buggerise around until that was sorted. Next visit, it was all my fault. Hadn't realised that, under the scheme, I had to pay in full with my credit card, after which Medicare credited the rebate to my debit card. Hadn't a clue what was going on, and stretched the patience of the assistant.

Have to say my head is much clearer. All I need do now is get off my arse and return to U3A, see if that will get my mind working properly again.

Posts: 1709 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My chiro put me on to a Medicare scheme which paid for five visits where he can use laser on my sinuses. To begin with, on my first visit it had not been processed, so the front counter was forced to buggerise around until that was sorted. Next visit, it was all my fault. Hadn't realised that, under the scheme, I had to pay in full with my credit card, after which Medicare credited the rebate to my debit card. Hadn't a clue what was going on, and stretched the patience of the assistant.

Have to say my head is much clearer. All I need do now is get off my arse and return to U3A, see if that will get my mind working properly again.

Geez it shouldn’t take that long to carterize! Is he basically widening the road?

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Weather is supposed to get here around 2-4 iirc. Thatisnt quite late enough to get DC, but these are harsh storms that stall. Over by 7p but may mess up local firework shows. Hmmmm

Our second one is moving through right now. Hard downpours and tons of thunder and lightning. Yesterday was relatively calm, but hot.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It's probably not quite as bad as it sounds. It's going so slow. I had expected to be gearing up to have the titanium posts installed at this point.

The bone fragments aren't very painful so long as I don't wear the dentures...which means I'm still eating like a toothless baby. But the ice cream, cheesecake, and rootbeer floats aren't so bad Wink   ;) Getting a bit tired of the smoothies though. Did find some frozen individual Shepherd's Pies/Cottage Pies that are pretty good. It's just that 90+ degree weather isn't meat pie weather...
Shepherd's Pie

That little CC to DC business would come to a screeching halt with me because I absolutely refuse to carry a DC. I use duplicate checks (carbon copy) so I have a record of every expenditure and a CC for drive-thru and internet purchases. Far too often here you will find yourself arriving home without a receipt in the bag. After the second time, I cut it up and threw it away.

Yep, that's how I am!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Our second one is moving through right now. Hard downpours and tons of thunder and lightning. Yesterday was relatively calm, but hot.

One of our alerts here said there had already been 2 inches of rain in places! Very short time frame.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's probably not quite as bad as it sounds. It's going so slow. I had expected to be gearing up to have the titanium posts installed at this point.

The bone fragments aren't very painful so long as I don't wear the dentures...which means I'm still eating like a toothless baby. But the ice cream, cheesecake, and rootbeer floats aren't so bad Wink   ;) Getting a bit tired of the smoothies though. Did find some frozen individual Shepherd's Pies/Cottage Pies that are pretty good. It's just that 90+ degree weather isn't meat pie weather...
Shepherd's Pie

That little CC to DC business would come to a screeching halt with me because I absolutely refuse to carry a DC. I use duplicate checks (carbon copy) so I have a record of every expenditure and a CC for drive-thru and internet purchases. Far too often here you will find yourself arriving home without a receipt in the bag. After the second time, I cut it up and threw it away.

Yep, that's how I am!

We don’t deal with debit or atm cards either. Although I’ve gotten a new account so I can use it overseas! Our laws don’t protect debit cards well, for sure! The ATM card allows us to get foreign currencies on long trips although so far we’ve never needed it. Japan doesn’t use credit cards, or very little. What a pain!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
JR,

I guess I shouldn’t mention that recently I had a crown needed to be drilled because the pin had started to wobble?

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
We don’t deal with debit or atm cards either. Although I’ve gotten a new account so I can use it overseas! Our laws don’t protect debit cards well, for sure! The ATM card allows us to get foreign currencies on long trips although so far we’ve never needed it. Japan doesn’t use credit cards, or very little. What a pain!

Yeah, that lack of coverage on DCs is another reason not to have one.

I used an ATM card while I was working because they had an ATM in the building I worked in. I dropped it when I retired because numerous people have been held up at gunpoint at ATMs around here.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
JR,

I guess I shouldn’t mention that recently I had a crown needed to be drilled because the pin had started to wobble?

Sheesh! That does not sound like fun.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that lack of coverage on DCs is another reason not to have one.

I used an ATM card while I was working because they had an ATM in the building I worked in. I dropped it when I retired because numerous people have been held up at gunpoint at ATMs around here.

I used one at work too, mainly to keep from having to carry a lot of money and leave it in a desk drawer etc. overseas I first used one in order to pay for transportation as the ATM was at the taxi stand!

We got quite good at telling new hires, here in the states, where the ATMs were. There were 4-5 of us all with different banks, but had learned where most were near the USPTO.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I have it, haven’t really read it in depth.

Wish I could remember my perceptions when I first read Sacred Mushroom and the Cross. This time, it seems more and more is falling into place.

One thing which has long bugged me is the orthodox use of "prostitute" when talking about priests and priestesses who indulged in intercourse as part of their religious ritual.

Money had nothing to do with it at all, of course. Nor did the enjoyment.

It was solely, entirely, about fertility. They had to remind the Sky God he had to do his duty and fertilise Mother Earth, just as they were fertilising each other.

That concept remained in Britain and Europe at least until the 19th century, though I wouldn't mind betting it still goes on there now, the farmer and his wife having it off in their fields immediately before planting as a reminder to their Sky God they needed that fertilising rain.

Wait till you see Allegro's Sumerian interpretation of the origin of the Hebrew word-concept Yahweh. He does not mince his words, saying the original term clearly meant Penis-God.

Mushrooms had them bluffed. Unlike plants, they did not come from seed. Instead, they arrived immediately after the Sky God had rained his semen. For them, the entheogenic mushrooms were the sperm of God, and if they ate them they were directly accessing God Himself. I was never the vocal type under those circumstances, however I can well understand those who heard thunder as the Sky God's expression of his satisfaction.

Given the Semitic aversion to and fear of women, it is easy to see why they made these dramatic reinterpretations of their much older mushroom cult.

We've lost far too much of how and why our forebears thought and acted.

quote:
Are those birds in your backyard?

Yep.

Having fun watching the changes in lorikeet behaviour. The two meat-eaters who try to dominate the dish on my table are now being joined by up to four dozen who insist on sharing their dish. Some, now, will eat out of my hand, others will happily eat within inches from my face, even following my finger pointing to a fresh dish.

Of the original pair, I have no doubt the dominant one knows exactly what I want him to do. He'll attack any other arriving at the table, but I put my finger right up his nose and tell him to get back to his own dish and he does. So long as I have my finger there he stays put. His buddy, on the other hand, ignores anything I do, knowing it is meant for the other, not for him.

quote:
Pricing is dropping again for Asia, there’s still time for you to join! Several from Au and NZ have recently joined the trip on 4 sept. It’s intensive in that there is a port nearly every day.
I'd love to travel, but can't until I sort myself out. Broken sleep means I wake just before midday, and it takes me until evening to get my act into gear.

My sister and her husband, both born in Scotland, are off soon on a return trip which will include part of Europe. I'd love to go with them, as there are parts of Scotland I'd dearly love to visit, especially that newly found temple in Orkney.