Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 17 18 19 20 21 
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Just got home from the dentist. Ugh!

Numbness is just wearing off.

But we only got the lower gum done, which was the worst of the two. Don't think I'd have been able to tolerate having both done even had we not gone the limit on the anesthesia just for the bottom. Grinding bone is much worse than pulling teeth, let me tell ya!

And having a mouth full of stitches feels weird...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4039 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Yep, and you’ll find loops in the stitching too!

Time for a slushy, it sounds like!

Posts: 4953 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed, I feel like I've been kicked in the mouth by a mule.

Not only that, but these stitches look and feel like kitty whiskers that keep popping out between my lips as I try to speak.

And I'm suffering from PTSD. The noise from the smoothie machine sounds far too much like that damnable drill the dentist used to grind my jawbone down with.

mmmooooaaaaaannnn

Posts: 4039 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed, I feel like I've been kicked in the mouth by a mule.

Not only that, but these stitches look and feel like kitty whiskers that keep popping out between my lips as I try to speak.

And I'm suffering from PTSD. The noise from the smoothie machine sounds far too much like that damnable drill the dentist used to grind my jawbone down with.

mmmooooaaaaaannnn

I hear you, and I only had one at a time! After turning me into a smurf, one of the tools that breaks the tooth apart doesn’t deaden sound at all! Then I had the bone buildup and the post implant. Can’t remember much about the drilling of the bone but I remember that I wanted him to be finished soon!

As for the smoothie, I was hoping you had something quiet! But even a door ice dispenser sounds like a lawn mower in gravel!

Get better soon!

Posts: 4953 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Allan, my problem is how to read the sentence. Is she supposed to stop answering questions after she’s been asked 200?

I've never herd of anything even remotely like that.

Anyway, who is going to keep count?

Looks nothing more than part of a monumental cover-up, hiding what is actually going on in the White House.

Whoever released the British Ambassador's top-secret report is worried sick about what is going on in the White House. I've never seen anything like it in all my decades of following world affairs.

As for all governments having “problems” I guess we all knew it, but it seems that it is getting worse in the free world!

You will have seen me saying much the same thing.

We've always had graft and corruption at top levels, but I have never seen anything like what is happening today.

Look at who Trump toadies up to. Apart from Putin, Netanyahu is just one leader facing potential court challenges, something I can hardly imagine in such a religious country as Israel (though, of course: In 2010 a report released by the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics showed that 8% of Israel's Jewish population defines itself as ultra-Orthodox, 12% as Orthodox, 13% as traditional-religious, 25% as traditional, and 42% as secular (behind Australia's 48% with "no religion"), on a descending scale of religiosity. Religion in Israel - Wikipedia https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Religion_in_Israel)

For me, it is a pity so few understand and respect the mythologies of our forebears. They were far more intelligent than we credit them.

All political, religious, and economic empires rise and fall. Given there are some 1000 years between the end of one precessional Age and the next, from Pisces to Aquarius in our case, their astrology Alphas could cheerfully say "see, see? We told you there would be a great change in human behaviour as we switch from one Age to the next".

Smart lads.

What they really were doing was examining their own culture and correctly predicting changes were afoot. The astronomical Age had nothing to do with it at all.

By detecting those changes, they worked out how to avoid potential problems.

That did not always work, but it gave them the flexibility to cope, eventually.

Look at the rise and fall of Greece and Rome, the rise and fall of the British empire.

Had our leaders followed those earlier examples, they could all have been better prepared.

Take today.

How long have we known it was only a matter of time before China regained its prominent position? I've seen people argue that for decades. It was inevitable.

So, instead of Trump's childish argy-bargy, we all could have been working to ensure the transition was peaceful.

Same goes for Russia.

How often have you seen me argue that we should put the Cold War and Stalin behind us, and focus on the simple fact that, had it not been for Russia, we could indeed have lost WWII.

Been watching some brilliant British documentaries on our own history.

One is on the political and religious machinations following Henry VIII's break from Rome through to the rise of the Stuarts and, while we all know about back-room shenanigans, the Spencers had an amazing and highly intelligent network of spies, double agents, messengers and so on. Some say this was the first real, fully organised network, though others certainly would have existed.

Many Christians lie their arses off about Henry, saying he broke from Rome because he lusted after Anne Boleyn.

Bull****. She already was fully pregnant before they married. Henry's sole concern was creating a successor to avoid another civil war.

You might enjoy this:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spencer_family

I was brought up on Guy Fawkes Night:
Remember, remember, the Fifth of November.
Gunpowder-treason and plot

That period between Henry and the Stuarts (Stewarts) was key in my education of our history.

The other documentary series, Rise of the Clans, shows how the Scottish clans so violently hated each other they'd sign up with the despised Sassenachs (the English) to defeat their Scot's enemies.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0btrlvb

Only when we fully understand what is going on in all those back rooms will we comprehend what is going on today.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1566 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

That was my first question. And I did seriously re the sentence that way first!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

quote:
Only when we fully understand what is going on in all those back rooms will we comprehend what is going on today

As you pointed out though we first need to learn from history too!

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Those who fail to learn from history will have to repeat it.

In summer school.

Posts: 8953 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Those who fail to learn from history will have to repeat it.

In summer school.

Yikes!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OK guys, I'm bummed.

Got bruises showing up on my chin. Blood blisters inside my lower lip.

Jaw still feels like I've been kicked, especially in the front.

Owieeee...

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK guys, I'm bummed.

Got bruises showing up on my chin. Blood blisters inside my lower lip.

Jaw still feels like I've been kicked, especially in the front.

Owieeee...

The second time I had a tooth pulled, the whole side of my face turned blue and looked like I’d been in a beat down although that term didn’t exist yet. It took about 3 days for me to look like I’d only run into a glass door! The swelling cause pain alone! You’ve had bone grinding, ask anyone with a knee replacement how long that pain stays. The blood blisters worry me a bit, but then that may be the bruising trying to release pressure.

Sorry you are bummed, and in pain. Can you take anything for the pain or are the blood thinners keeping you from most of that? I’ve suggest ice packs and maybe a chin strap to give your jaw a rest. Even a root canal causes my jaw to hurt as I use muscles to resist the pressure.

[[[hug]]]

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
The second time I had a tooth pulled, the whole side of my face turned blue and looked like I’d been in a beat down although that term didn’t exist yet. It took about 3 days for me to look like I’d only run into a glass door! The swelling cause pain alone! You’ve had bone grinding, ask anyone with a knee replacement how long that pain stays. The blood blisters worry me a bit, but then that may be the bruising trying to release pressure.

I'm sure the exterior bruising and interior blood blisters are from the dentist thumbing my chin down and pulling on my lip area with his fingers as he was working. And while it looks bad, it's not nearly as painful as the front of my jawbone.

quote:
Sorry you are bummed, and in pain. Can you take anything for the pain or are the blood thinners keeping you from most of that? I’ve suggest ice packs and maybe a chin strap to give your jaw a rest. Even a root canal causes my jaw to hurt as I use muscles to resist the pressure.

[[[hug]]]

I have to take 2 baby aspirin per day. It's not quite as bad as taking prescription blood thinners, but it's bad enough that I bruise and bleed easily.

He gave me 3 narcotic pain pills when he pulled my upper teeth. I have yet to take any of them. I hate the way narcotics make me feel and the only pain that has put me in a position where I would take them is when I had a kidney stone. Yep, I took them for 5 days. Haven't taken one since.

I have Advil but I'm not supposed to take them close together with the aspirin since it may cause intestinal bleeding. I've taken them before with food - and late in the afternoon or early evening. I just don't make a habit of it. And so far, I haven't taken any pain meds since we started this process.

I do get short relief from popsicles, iced tea, and iced smoothies though. And I freeze any leftover smoothie mixture in a popsicle mold to have later.

Don't worry too much. I'm probably doing quite nicely, it's just that with my chin being black and blue, bottom lip sticking out, and not being able to wear my dentures, I can't leave the house even if I wanted to. And it's not that I have any particular place I need to go. It's just that I couldn't if I wanted to. You know how that goes Smile-Big   :D

But thanks for the hugs. That was nice!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
If I recall correctly 1 large #5 can pineapple juice at least one can of pineapple blended in a blender, 1 can coconut milk, 1 bottle of rum.

Stir tofer and place in freezer until needed. I put it in a good size Tupperware container. When froze it will be slush in parts as alcohol doesn’t freeze at the same temp as pineapple juice. Stir as best you can or mix parts of frozen with slush and drink. I loved it in summer, and a boyfriend from Hawaii first made it. I’d now use a slushy straw but at the time I could get brain freeze just drinking it out of a glass. Hmmm was I using an iced tea spoon? I don’t remember.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Have to congratulate the US women on winning the World Cup.

Could not possibly have been more than 8yo when I cycled some three miles each way from Port Glasgow to neighbouring Greenock to watch my home team.

Never played the World Game, but spent considerably more than half my adult age coaching junior players, including a long time writing our top team's matches for the local newspaper and radio reports.

So, there I am, crediting play strategies, analysing individual skills, comparing the respective national approaches.

Why, then, am I also thinking what a beautiful bottom, oh how I'd love to have my hands wrapped round that gorgeous hair, getting up close and personal with those brilliant eyss?

Not really football, is it?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1566 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
If I recall correctly 1 large #5 can pineapple juice at least one can of pineapple blended in a blender, 1 can coconut milk, 1 bottle of rum.

Stir tofer and place in freezer until needed. I put it in a good size Tupperware container. When froze it will be slush in parts as alcohol doesn’t freeze at the same temp as pineapple juice. Stir as best you can or mix parts of frozen with slush and drink. I loved it in summer, and a boyfriend from Hawaii first made it. I’d now use a slushy straw but at the time I could get brain freeze just drinking it out of a glass. Hmmm was I using an iced tea spoon? I don’t remember.

Oh, stop it!

I cannot have alcohol just yet. Not even mouthwash containing alcohol. It doesn't play well with with wounds. Burns like crazy.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
Have to congratulate the US women on winning the World Cup.

Could not possibly have been more than 8yo when I cycled some three miles each way from Port Glasgow to neighbouring Greenock to watch my home team.

Never played the World Game, but spent considerably more than half my adult age coaching junior players, including a long time writing our top team's matches for the local newspaper and radio reports.

So, there I am, crediting play strategies, analysing individual skills, comparing the respective national approaches.

Why, then, am I also thinking what a beautiful bottom, oh how I'd love to have my hands wrapped round that gorgeous hair, getting up close and personal with those brilliant eyss?

Not really football, is it?

Those girls were magnificent weren't they!

Didn't watch all of it, only clips here and there. But it's easy to see they've got it going on.

And no, Sugah, it really isn't football. It's the BEAUTY! And they do have plenty of it.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Oh, stop it!

I cannot have alcohol just yet. Not even mouthwash containing alcohol. It doesn't play well with with wounds. Burns like crazy.

Oh oh, sorry! All I remember is the nice coolness. But I’m going the pineapple could hurt a bit.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Well, the bruising seems to be gone, my lip no longer sticks out like I'm pouting, and some of the soreness has abated. Still a bit tender right in front below my lower lip though, where he had to do quite a bit of grinding on the bone.

I've clipped several of the stitches so that they no longer look like whiskers in my mouth.

I usually eat lots of salad from late spring through early fall and I haven't had one since sometime in March. I'm craving one.

I don't often eat steak, but I for some reason I really want one.

Soon as this is over, I'm having steak and salad. Probably several of them. Back to back!

Ate some carrot cake today. It was nice to have a orange veggie in my diet again Smile-Big   :D Getting a little tired of smashed peas and potatoes. Ordered some more crabcakes and frozen Swedish Meatball dinners. Will probably have to smash the meatballs and pasta, but I've gotta have a change from smoothies and yogurt.

All things considered I think I'm doing ok though.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Sounds like progress!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
I clipped my stitches out a couple of days ago. Was supposed to have an appointment on Thursday but I couldn't bring myself to go. Didn't want anyone messing 'round in my mouth since my gum was still sore, so I clipped and pulled them myself.

And I certainly wasn't up to having the bone ground on the uppers, so I made the appointment for this coming Thursday. Maybe by then I'll be up to it.

Finally had a couple shots of Bailey's Irish Cream in my morning coffee. Dang that stuff was good! Still not up to any straight whisky, but you can bet your sweet bippy I'm gonna pour me a Rusty Nail (1 1⁄2 oz Scotch, 3⁄4 oz Drambuie) soon as possible. Maybe before the dentist does his damage this coming Thursday...? Yeah, that sounds good!