Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Ouch

Posts: 9000 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Ouch

Doing much better now though.

But I will certainly be glad when this is all over.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4141 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Rescheduled this weeks appointment for the 8th of next month. Just couldn't handle any more pain just yet.

Posts: 4141 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Oh my goodness gracious me.

Before I go off on an ASC, I feel I should tell you I am having a ball. (Well, today, anyway.)

As you know, I have been following some of the Johns Hopkins psilocybin research studies.

Now I have just found two sites, one from Johns Hopkins, the other a different site altogether.

Both reinforce my almost absolute conviction that entheogens did indeed lead us to whatever it is we have given the letter-grouping "God" to.

One metaphor I relate to is our brain is like a maze of highways, roads, and tracks, some heavily trafficked, others with only the occasional car or bike.

For virtually all of our 300,000 years as modern humans, we have had two main carriageways – one leading us to drinking water and food, the other ensuring we are not food for the many predators who saw us as a prime meal on a five-star Michelin menu.

So what went on in the rest of the mazeway?

Bugger all, if we were to survive.

Then, somewhere either side of 50,000 years ago, we began to learn how to handle the entheogens we, like so many other of our animal brethren, enjoyed.

By that time, too, we had created enough weapons to have a fair go at defending ourselves against our predators, so we could now afford time to explore those formerly unused roadways.

https://www.hopkinsmedicine.or...its-to-mental-health

http://www.viewzone.com/weedfacts/weedfacts.html

Oh, and for those yet to accept we are indeed all one, add this to your stores of cross-culture animal relationships which we all know:

https://www.smithsonianmag.com...hale-calf-180972769/

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1590 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
WOW! Glad to see you are enjoying yourself Smile-Big   :D

Will eventually get to your references because I'd love to read what's made you so happy.

But I'm up way too late and have a busy day tomorrow with 2 grocery deliveries in the same day. Takes me forever to get the stuff put away.

Glad it's another month before the next Democratic debates. Hopefully the field will have thinned a little by then.

Good night and God bless.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
From your John Hopkins site:
quote:
“And although modern Western medicine doesn’t typically consider ‘spiritual’ or ‘religious’ experiences as one of the tools in the arsenal against sickness, our findings suggest that these encounters often lead to improvements in mental health.”

I can attest to mental health improvement following my spiritual experience. I no longer felt the heavy weight of being a 'victim' and began to see it more as experiences that eventually brought me to this place of peace and light.

And while I would have much preferred it to have happened in a much less painful way, it still ultimately had its positive effect following the spiritual experience, and makes me more sympathetic to the dinged and dented ones of humanity.

Will get to the other sites eventually...

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Am having more oral surgery tomorrow so I may be scarce over the next few days.

May take me a couple of days to get to it but I'll try to post something to let y'all know I'm OK.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Am having more oral surgery tomorrow so I may be scarce over the next few days.

May take me a couple of days to get to it but I'll try to post something to let y'all know I'm OK.

Hoping everything goes smoothly. Is this more bone fragments or are you headed forward again?

Posts: 5131 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Hoping everything goes smoothly. Is this more bone fragments or are you headed forward again?

What a big disappointment.

Woke up at 0 dark 30 with an IBS attack, so had to cancel the dental appointment.

And yes, it was for more bone fragment removal...

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Bummer!

Posts: 5131 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Feelin' really out of it today. Still recovering from yesterday...

Got a text from Steve this afternoon. He seems OK.

Got an email from Mary Jean yesterday and she is about to move again.

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Feelin' really out of it today. Still recovering from yesterday...

Got a text from Steve this afternoon. He seems OK.

Got an email from Mary Jean yesterday and she is about to move again.

Had t heard from her lately, guess she’s been busy!

Glad to hear Steve is doing well!

Wish you a faster recovery.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan,
Found this today and thought of you...

My Boy

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I like that, but it is rather sad indeed.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I like that, but it is rather sad indeed.

Allan had me looking high and low for it back on Amazon.

I had watched most of the Celtic Thunder shows and had heard him sing that one but couldn't find it anywhere online. Then finally, finally, found it posted either in China or Japan (don't remember which), but Allan was pleased to have it.

I love George Donaldson's voice, but yeah, that song will break your heart. Most of us know someone who's been there and done that...

Glad to have found this one posted here and bookmarked it for myself.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan,

My Boy

That takes me back a year or three. Well remember my thoughts first time I heard it, and still play it now and again with the same feelings.

I let that site play on, to be much cheered by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bEpib1roE

Followed by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od57fkNbdlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPzsmWMCMoc

Those pipes and drums remind me of the oddest dream I had a little while back after watching an episode of Rise of the Clans.

Don't remember any details, but it was as if I were living there with my family and it was full-on deep intensity stuff. Woke up with the distinct feeling it all had been real.

All I need now is some form of confirmation to make it equal to the most shattering devastating predictive dream I had some 50 years ago. The postman brought my Dear John letter later that same day.

Ah, well.

Have been out of things for a few days as I've got my annual bout of man flu.

Not happy, Jan.

We make a great pair. Hope your dentists gets his act together.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1590 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Allan,

My Boy

That takes me back a year or three. Well remember my thoughts first time I heard it, and still play it now and again with the same feelings.

I can only imagine...and it's still gut wrenching.

quote:
I let that site play on, to be much cheered by
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l9bEpib1roE

Followed by:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Od57fkNbdlE
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPzsmWMCMoc
Those pipes and drums remind me of the oddest dream I had a little while back after watching an episode of Rise of the Clans.

On the first I get a notice: Video unavailable This video contains content from Eagle Rock, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds, when I open it.

The second is something I'd have to be in the mood for. But the third struck a chord right away.

quote:
Don't remember any details, but it was as if I were living there with my family and it was full-on deep intensity stuff. Woke up with the distinct feeling it all had been real.

All I need now is some form of confirmation to make it equal to the most shattering devastating predictive dream I had some 50 years ago. The postman brought my Dear John letter later that same day.

I was able to pull up a few trailers for Rise of the Clans. Not sure I could watch it for fear of nightmares. Sheesh!

quote:
Ah, well.

Have been out of things for a few days as I've got my annual bout of man flu.

Not happy, Jan.

We make a great pair. Hope your dentists gets his act together.

Sorry you are feeling out of sorts. Been that way with me for a while now. Had no idea this teeth business was going to be such a long journey. Didn't anticipate this bone fragment business at all.

I was able to wiggle a bone fragment out a couple of days ago and am now working on another. At least I'll be down by 2 when I see the dentist again.

Jan, huh? That's what my old boyfriend that passed a few of years ago used to call me.

Hope you are feeling better soon.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Have an appointment Tuesday to make the impression for the lower gums for the digital mapping of the posts/prongs. Will schedule the installation appointment while I am there.

Have managed to remove all but one of the remaining bone fragments on the bottom. If I don't get it in the next couple of weeks, the dentist can remove it when he installs the posts/prongs.

Still have some larger ones on the upper, but they are near the back and I cannot get to them, so the dentist will have to do those. Think a couple of them are still attached...oh, how I hate it when he has to grind those off. Makes me feel like I've been hit with a hammer!

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I only had mapping done for a crown, I hated it. The probe was the daze of a shoe, or so it seemed! A bit narrower though!

Good luck. My two implants had bone to help build up the area. Both are uppers. So I lucked out, or it at least sounds that way.

Be thinking about you.

The car started leaking transmission fluid yesterday. Hoping it isn’t serious. Appt Monday, leaving Tuesday!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
I've never had the mapping done but I'll be alright so long as it doesn't hurt!!!

Seems I have plenty of bone, it's just that the sinus cavity is not in a good place to allow for the prongs. And I ain't having surgery to reduce the size of the sinuses. Just ain't gonna do it!

With the soft lining on the uppers I think I will be alright with them. They seemed a bit more stable than the lower ones anyway. Not that I'm a good judge of the blasted things since I have been unable to wear them for any length of time due to the bone fragments. Think I've logged in 11 days for the uppers and only 3 1/2 hours for the lowers...

It will be nice to go out in public again once I get this completed. And it will be WONDERFUL to be able to eat REAL food AND IN PUBLIC!!!