Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Leaving Tuesday for...?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
A fire rim cruise!

Posts: 10823 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
The problem I had was the probe for mapping was large. And hard plastic. It hurt in that it doesn’t fir where it needs to be, especially for the rear teeth! The size of at least 3 1/4 sticks of butter. And hard plastic. The results though are perfect fitting if the comments are filled well.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
The problem I had was the probe for mapping was large. And hard plastic. It hurt in that it doesn’t fir where it needs to be, especially for the rear teeth! The size of at least 3 1/4 sticks of butter. And hard plastic. The results though are perfect fitting if the comments are filled well.

Back to waiting mode after having the new impressions done yesterday. They will call me to come back in for consultation once the forms for mapping are done. At that time we will determine a date for the prongs to be installed...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Got emails from Mary Jean and Bryan and a text from Steve.

Mary was moving today...and probably for the next few days.

Bryan is awaiting 2 more doc appointments this month then he'll tell us more. Says he's OK just not very talkative.

Steve is doing alright, just tired of the heat just as I am.

We are running in the mid 90s all week but the humidity is running a little lower than we have been all Summer. I am more than ready for Fall.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Growing tired of the News Forum. Well, mostly just the ashoes who troll but otherwise contribute little or nothing to discussion. Got tired of 'em Amazon and it's just as tiresome here.

Maybe I need a nice long break...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Got emails from Mary Jean and Bryan and a text from Steve.

Mary was moving today...and probably for the next few days.

Bryan is awaiting 2 more doc appointments this month then he'll tell us more. Says he's OK just not very talkative.

Steve is doing alright, just tired of the heat just as I am.

We are running in the mid 90s all week but the humidity is running a little lower than we have been all Summer. I am more than ready for Fall.

For what it is worth, Japanese are tired of the heat and humidity too!

Mary Jean needs to settle and soon! I know it’s not her fault but geez!!!

Bryan I fell for too. When you know there is something wrong and no one can find it is frustrating at its core.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Growing tired of the News Forum. Well, mostly just the ashoes who troll but otherwise contribute little or nothing to discussion. Got tired of 'em Amazon and it's just as tiresome here.

Maybe I need a nice long break...

A few good, but short, discussions but the rest feels like a rerun, for sure.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Know what I'd love to see...?

Once, just once, I'd love to see a reporter, when accused by the liddle donnie of fake news, to yell "fake president!"

And the next time he spews some lame bullchit out his lying mouth, I'd love to hear someone yell "fake genius!"

Lawd have mercy, it just wouldn't do for me to be assigned to the WH...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Oh my, I can’t imagine working in the WH atm. As for someone calling out, it really cannot be a reporter but anyone else should work. How about a Republican candidate for president?

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Finally seem to have shaken off that flu -- which was the real thing, not just my annual "man flu" which used to make me feel real sorry for myself.

Not any more, after this last fair dinkum lot.

All I have to do now is get on top of this interminable tiredness and get back to some possum-stirring here.

Have made a couple of achievements.

Reading The Age of Sacred Terror by Daniel Benjamin and Steven Simon took some work, but I have almost finished it this time. Intriguing.

Briefly, in passing, Benjamin and Simon say much of the problem we have with what I call the infidel jihadists comes directly from interpretations of the original Abrahamic Bible religion. Judaism and Christianity share equal responsibility for the perils we all face today.

With my usual synchronicity, SBS showed the real-life albeit somewhat dramatised Escape from the Towers tonight, based on what survivors have to say. It was an inspiring demonstration of just how great ordinary people can be under extreme stress.

It was followed immediately by the first episode of The Looming Tower. Have some reservations about its presentation, though it does feature real-life CIA, FBI, and al-Qaeda operatives from that factual book.

One thing which really got me in the first program was just how amazingly seemingly ordinary people reacted to extreme pressures. Some of the actions of apparently ordinary people were genuinely inspiring.

Early in the 1990s I bought Bill Moyers' Genesis because of the impact of his 6-hour interview with Joseph Campbell. Couldn't remember why I was unable to get through it back then, but, when I found it again, now I know.

Originally a TV show, each of the 10 chapters is composed of Moyers and a panel of seven, a total of around 40 women and men. Each has an outstanding academic record, a mixture of rabbis, ministers, priests, Hindus, agnostics and so on, educated in additional subjects in universities in the US, Canada, Britain, India, and elsewhere.

These really are highly educated people, with interesting comments and expansions on the events in Genesis.

But, boy, could I have upset those possums.

All have outstanding academic records, primarily religious along with a wide range of additional degrees from universities in the US, Canada, Britain, India and elsewhere.

Not that I think I know better than they, of course.

I was fighting right from the first episode. However, the final episode wrapped it up.

Two highly intelligent women, far more educated than I am, focused on the misogyny of the way Joseph is written up. Both saw it as an extreme hatred of women.

They made the fatal error of not asking why that hatred existed (and still exists).

As I said to one of my female relatives, I'd dearly love to have an erection every time I saw an attractive female.

However, some, if not many, Semitic males deeply resent it when a woman -- any women -- has that effect on them. They see it as a totally unacceptable power the woman has over them.

Got on well with a Muslim college student who told me he, at the age of 8 or thereabouts, carried a gun in his Middle East home and used it. His reaction here to Aussie blokes his same age was cold, dismissive, and as for the female students in their all-too-brief shorts and scanty tops he had real problems.

The Indo-European cattle and horse herders who moved into the farming Middle East regions from the steppes were dominated by males simply because they were essential to protecting their herds from animal predators and invading tribes.

They were capable of assimilating with the female-deity farmers, marrying off their male deities with the female fertility goddesses of the farmers.

On the other hand, the Semitic goat and sheep herding men of the invading desert tribes could not do that.

Struggling daily to find blades of grass to feed their flocks, to find water from the scarce oases, they owed Mother Earth nothing, so had no relationship with fertility goddesses.

The very concept of a dominating female concept was anathema to them.

So, my dears, next time you get that typically female reaction to being told your sole role is to be bare-feet, pregnant, in the kitchen, read your Bibles and see where that comes from.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
ACK! That OT has absolutely no sway with me. It became obsolete when the NEW Testament was written. The only thing the OT does now is show us WHY the New was so totally necessary. It had become nothing more than testosterone fueled political bs. They all needed relief, but as we all know, the right wingnuts wouldn't let it go Smile-Big   :D

As for:
quote:
Two highly intelligent women, far more educated than I am, focused on the misogyny of the way Joseph is written up. Both saw it as an extreme hatred of women.

They made the fatal error of not asking why that hatred existed (and still exists).

As I said to one of my female relatives, I'd dearly love to have an erection every time I saw an attractive female.

However, some, if not many, Semitic males deeply resent it when a woman -- any women -- has that effect on them. They see it as a totally unacceptable power the woman has over them.

Why is it that so many men somehow presume it is the woman's job to see to it that a man's little rascal either gets up or remains napping?

And why is it her fault that his little rascal gets up when he thinks it shouldn't?

Furthermore, why is it he thinks he's obligated to act on it, or blame the damnable damsel, every time his little rascal sticks its nose in his watch pocket?

Does he take no responsibility for his own body and mind?

I see attractive men all the time. I enjoy their beauty without blaming them for catching my eye. I mean, I've seen some that looked good enough to eat whole, but they only flip my switch if I want them to. Otherwise, they are nothing more than nice eye candy.

You liddle boyz need to grow up and start taking responsibility for your own thoughts and actions! Otherwise, you're little more than the liddle donnie.

Now get your azz in the kitchen and make some dinner; I don't let any jackazz determine whether my feet are bare or shod, pregnant or burping babies.

Needless to say, I've never dated a bible thumping Evangelical, Jew, or Muslim. Ain't gonna either.

How's that? LOL!   :lol:

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan, Mary Jean is finally moved into her new home with her daughter. She can hardly wait for her books to be unpacked...as per usual, but she seems to be content.

She is looking forward to getting a motorized wheelchair so she can drive herself to church on Sundays. I told her not to be popping any willies while she is out and about LOL!   :lol:

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Sounds great. There are some really nice mobility wheelchairs that I’ve seen.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
ACK! That OT has absolutely no sway with me... It had become nothing more than testosterone fueled political bs.

As you know, the entire book from Genesis to Revelation is a political tract for me.

It has been rewritten so often, the canon selected solely to suit the needs of the assorted religious leaders, that it has become meaningless.

That was one of the relevant points Moyers' panels raised, the increasing drop-out from, in particular, the orthodox religions. As I mentioned earlier, the proportion of Israeli Jewish atheists is close to that here in Australia.

That panel, by the way, is anything but a bunch of bible-thumping Evangelicals, Jews, or Muslims.

Now get your azz in the kitchen and make some dinner;

My entire food intake yesterday was a meat pie and whatever food benefit there is in a six-pack of beer. Used to enjoy cooking, now it is a waste of time.

I told her not to be popping any willies while she is out and about LOL!   :lol:

While I'm feeding the birds I'll work out whether that was a subconscious reaction on your part.

Here in Oz, we pop wheelies.

Willies has an entirely different meaning.

You little rascal you.

When you are talking with Mary Jean, please assure her I am always thinking of her. Been so anti-social these past couple of months that I don't know how to start an email to her.

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan, your definitions are what I know here, in the States, too!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
My entire food intake yesterday was a meat pie and whatever food benefit there is in a six-pack of beer. Used to enjoy cooking, now it is a waste of time.

I feel for you, Sugah. Kinda been like that all Summer for me. But it's been so hot and humid that cooking is the last thing I want to do, plus I cannot eat my normal Summer culinary delights because of my dental issues.

Oh, but I recently found an Aussie inspired brand of pot pies. Check it out:
Boomerang's Pies

Got a couple already waiting in my Instacart to be delivered next week. I'll have to make sure I have a beer or 2 in the fridge when they arrive. Ordered the beef and a spinach and mushroom. I'll let you know if they are any good.

quote:
While I'm feeding the birds I'll work out whether that was a subconscious reaction on your part.

Here in Oz, we pop wheelies.

Willies has an entirely different meaning.

I've heard it said both ways, but mostly in the South it's pronounced "willies" vice "wheelies."

I'd always heard them called peters, but I've usually referred to them as rascals.

quote:
When you are talking with Mary Jean, please assure her I am always thinking of her. Been so anti-social these past couple of months that I don't know how to start an email to her.

Consider it done. Here is a site for the wheelchair she is going to get:
Zinger

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Just as long as those wheelies don't give other people the willies!

Posts: 9650 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
LOL!   :lol:

Nice to see you, Henry, and hope you are doing well.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Allan, your definitions are what I know here, in the States, too!

And here's me thinking you, at least, are above such things Clean Up   :clean: