Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
You are such a bad, bad boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmg-879j5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHSOLxO7jw

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3171 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
OK Reed, you're gonna have to make up the difference for a while. My tummy is acting up and I was up half the night. Missed an important Doc appt today because of it too. Gotta go lay me down for a while, so see y'all later...maybe.

For Pete's sake what is going on?

You are living in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, so why can you not get proper attention?

How long has this being going on now?

It is inexcusable.

Posts: 3171 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
OK Reed, you're gonna have to make up the difference for a while. My tummy is acting up and I was up half the night. Missed an important Doc appt today because of it too. Gotta go lay me down for a while, so see y'all later...maybe.

You are living in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, so why can you not get proper attention?

It is inexcusable.

Iirc most of her life. There aren’t really any cures for I S, just a lot of avoiding and then something goes wrong! I’m just missing a gall bladder and sometimes something I’ve eaten does sit well, but I’m luck that mine is more short lived. I can take Levstin to stop the cramping but I need to be home within 15-30 minutes or very near a loo!

Posts: 11138 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You are such a bad, bad boy!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dJmg-879j5o
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xOHSOLxO7jw

I was waiting for that! Smile-Big   :D

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6590 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

It is inexcusable.

Now, now.

It's actually been MUCH better over the last 10 months or so. I used to get symptoms of it a couple times a week, then I'd go for several weeks, or even a month, without any symptoms. Lately, it has been weeks and months with no symptoms at all, which is a grand improvement.

But...since I hold the medical community responsible for my having to deal with IBS at all (I believe they caused it by putting me on too many antibiotics - and not diagnosing my lactose intolerance*), I now get very anxious whenever I have a pending doctor appointment...

Not to worry, I've rescheduled for Friday and will make every effort to keep my anxiety in check.

*They were treating me for a non-specific tummy bug rather than requesting a lactose test. Then started treating me for anxiety and still no lactose test...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Iirc most of her life. There aren’t really any cures for I S, just a lot of avoiding and then something goes wrong! I’m just missing a gall bladder and sometimes something I’ve eaten does sit well, but I’m luck that mine is more short lived. I can take Levstin to stop the cramping but I need to be home within 15-30 minutes or very near a loo!

At least over 40 years of it.

I read about some sufferers getting relief from taking chicory root. I'd tried several other therapies with little result, but figured one more try wouldn't hurt. About a week after trying the chicory, I started seeing an improvement.

Amazon used to carry it, but I now have to get it directly from UK.

Oops...just checked and seems https://mountainfresh.co.uk/ has now gone out of business... And I'm on my last bottle.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
If you drink coffee Luzianne coffe used to have chicory. I think cocked fully of nuts may too.

I know I can by frankensence and Mira locally, illlook again when I get a chance. It’s an Amish store that had rows of such things. I know some of their brands were Now but of course not all of them!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you drink coffee Luzianne coffe used to have chicory. I think cocked fully of nuts may too.

I know I can by frankensence and Mira locally, illlook again when I get a chance. It’s an Amish store that had rows of such things. I know some of their brands were Now but of course not all of them!

The chicory in coffee is usually roasted and the kind I need to use is not roasted. I'll poke around to find another source, so don't worry.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
If it is regularly carried in Amish stores they’d certainly send it. Can tell you if I saw a phone. I can, however, see what the brand is.

Thanks for info on unroadted, I expected you’d have had a reason like not enough of it.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
If it is regularly carried in Amish stores they’d certainly send it. Can tell you if I saw a phone. I can, however, see what the brand is.

Thanks for info on unroadted, I expected you’d have had a reason like not enough of it.

I found some on Amazon I'll try.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Bad day.

I'm eating nails and am spittin' lugnuts!

And my icky tummy just went into spasms again.

Went to the doc appt today. Well, what I was led to believe was a rescheduled doc appt. Should have known it wasn't gonna be that easy.

They had made me an appt with the nurse - who cannot write prescriptions... So the whole trip was for nothing...except running up my CC to the tune of $67 round-trip taxi fare.

Now I've got to do this all over again on Tuesday. Maybe I should just slide into a bottle of Scotch...or maybe Courvoisier. Yeah, it's been cold and rainy all day. Courvoisier it is.

And hey, will y'all please let that Doomsayers thread die? I don't want to spend that much time rehashing religion. Just not into it anymore.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Heard from Bry today. Check your email.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
And hey, will y'all please let that Doomsayers thread die? I don't want to spend that much time rehashing religion. Just not into it anymore.

My apologies, mate. It is the only thing keeping me going, even though it has put me well behind in my Christmas shopping.

Have a few posts I'm waiting for you to respond to. No great effort required.

Yeah, that Courvoisier sounds just right.

BTW it was your medicos' stuffing around which really upset me. Seems to happen just about every one of your visits. That taxi bill is plain criminal.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Taxi drives for any real distance are extranomical. In Stockholm I believe we paid €45 from the airport. I know Bueno Aires was $35 for about 45 minutes.

$45 US from Sydney airport to port.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Taxi drives for any real distance are extranomical. In Stockholm I believe we paid €45 from the airport. I know Buenos Aires was $35 for about 45 minutes.

My taxi experience is limited; one trip of a couple of miles to pick up my car from the pub after a big night out was around $10.

All I was thinking of was JR having to go through all this at such cost. In line with what I have been saying about Michael Moore's programs, it seems the US cares bugger-all about its own people.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Heard from Bry today.

Please let him know I am keeping a close eye on this, and pass on my best wishes.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Taxi drives for any real distance are extranomical. In Stockholm I believe we paid €45 from the airport. I know Buenos Aires was $35 for about 45 minutes.

My taxi experience is limited; one trip of a couple of miles to pick up my car from the pub after a big night out was around $10.

All I was thinking of was JR having to go through all this at such cost. In line with what I have been saying about Michael Moore's programs, it seems the US cares bugger-all about its own people.

I agree that needing to pay that much seems ridiculous because it is, but distance matters and sometimes your clinic isn’t as close as you’d like it! If she has given up her car the costs get more reasonable when you consider what maintenance, depreciation, taxes, insurance etc.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
I agree that needing to pay that much seems ridiculous because it is, but distance matters and sometimes your clinic isn’t as close as you’d like it! If she has given up her car the costs get more reasonable when you consider what maintenance, depreciation, taxes, insurance etc.

It is the sheer lack of care which gets me, taking what JR had given her country.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

My apologies, mate. It is the only thing keeping me going, even though it has put me well behind in my Christmas shopping.

None necessary. I know it is a subject you never tire of, but it's no longer that way for me. I don't mind a little here and there, but...

Christmas shopping was easy for me this year. I had found a new source for a fruitcake we used to get when I was young. They had disappeared off the market for years because the grocery store that produced them closed most of their stores here in the south.

Every now and then I could order a few from one of the stores in NY, but only if I remembered the short window of availability, and ordered them before the limited supply was gone. Then a few years ago, they went completely out of business and we all mourned the loss of our beloved fruitcake.

THEN I found out that someone had purchased the recipe for the fruitcake and started producing them again! So Christmas shopping is already wrapped.

quote:
Have a few posts I'm waiting for you to respond to. No great effort required.

Maybe tomorrow. Don't want to mess me buzz up Smile-Big   :D

quote:
Yeah, that Courvoisier sounds just right.

Yep, it hit the spot.

quote:
BTW it was your medicos' stuffing around which really upset me. Seems to happen just about every one of your visits. That taxi bill is plain criminal.

Yeah, Kaiser Permanente (an HMO) is usually pretty good, but they are making some changes that I'm not real fond of. When it all settles down some of the changes will be nice. Like video or e-visits, urgent care within the regular facilities, prescriptions by mail (which I already use), etc. But you still have to do an in-person visit with the doctor at least twice within the year. Which was my problem. I hadn't been since early spring of this year. Since they will only write prescriptions for 6 months, you have to be seen before they will write a new 6-month script. My doc actually wrote me a 1-month script, beyond that 6-month period, for one of my BP meds because I wouldn't go out of the house without my dentures - and I couldn't wear them at the time because of the tooth shrapnel issue.

But then I got sick on the day of my appointment - and the day I ran out of one of my meds. Good thing is that I do have an extra supply of another BP med that I don't have to take a a full dose of all the time, so I'm using it until I can get the other meds.

I'm going to file a complaint though. I made it clear that the appointment for BP screening and new supply of medications. When I had to cancel, and they asked if I would like to make a new appointment, I of course said yes, and the sooner the better, since I needed the meds right away. Then to find out that she hadn't even made the appointment with the doctor - but with the nurse - who cannot write prescriptions - sheesh!

But Kaiser wasn't the ones who jacked me around until I came down with IBS. That was long ago and under a different insurance plan.

Taxis... What can I say. They are expensive here. The charges are gaged by time and miles, so considering it was a 27 mi one-way trip, and it was raining, and on a very busy freeway, I got off pretty easy. If there had been as accident, road work, or broken down vehicle, it could have been much worse.

However, I'm thinking you are rolling all the issues I've been having with the dental office in on top of this doctor stuff. They are totally unrelated. But yeah, enough is enough. I'm more than a little sick of it. 'Bout time for me to show me arse I guess...

Few more sips and I'm off to bed.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Heard from Bry today.

Please let him know I am keeping a close eye on this, and pass on my best wishes.

He's got some degenerating cartilage issues in his knees and shoulders.

And he is going to have to move because the building has been sold to new owners and they are turning it into a boutique. Lord knows it is difficult enough for him to find affordable housing in San Diego, but to try to do it within 30 days is almost impossible.