Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
And so we created our deities in our own images.

Not fully buying it.

There is still that little thing you conveniently overlook, whether naturally occurring or herbally induced, and that is visions.

That is not to say there wasn't some who "put words in God's mouth" though.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6586 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
And so we created our deities in our own images.

Not fully buying it.
There is still that little thing you conveniently overlook, whether naturally occurring or herbally induced, and that is visions.
That is not to say there wasn't some who "put words in God's mouth" though.

Oh my dear.

Can always rely on you to keep me awake. It's after midnight, so I'll be thinking long and hard about your challenge to me to take entheogens into account

Amarita muscaria Rules OK.

Right???

How could I possibly have missed that???

In my present ASC I can assure you I will be thinking on my serious omission.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3125 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Allan, Reed,
Spoke with Steve for about 2 1/2 hours today. We are both concerned about Mary Jean. Neither of us know where she is anymore. Nor are we sure she knows where she is.

I had asked her for her address so that I could send a crocheted afghan and pillow (she said she was cold all the time) to her and she gave me an incorrect address. She actually gave me the address for where her youngest daughter will be moving to early next month, except that the zip code was incorrect (the post office corrected it) and she only gave me a partial street name. The tracking data states that they were delivered, and so meanwhile the packages I sent are supposedly sitting at the door of an unoccupied house.

Steve said she told him that she was currently staying in a hotel after being asked to leave the nursing home so that another person could move in. But that makes no sense to either of us because the nursing home is set up for 6 patients and she has told us that there were only 2 patients currently in the home.

The last couple of emails I received from her don't sound very much like my Mary Jean. But before that, she had written that she had to be careful because the couple that ran the nursing home were so quiet that they could walk upon her before she could hear them - and that she didn't want them to know that she was already planning to leave to go live with her youngest daughter.

Something is amiss and I'm not quite sure what it is...so don't mention any of this in any emails you might exchange with her because I'm not certain that she is the only one with access to it.

Steve and I will try our best to keep tabs on her and hope things improve once she moves in with her daughter sometime early next month.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan, Reed,
Spoke with Steve for about 2 1/2 hours today. We are both concerned about Mary Jean. Neither of us know where she is anymore. Nor are we sure she knows where she is.

I had asked her for her address so that I could send a crocheted afghan and pillow (she said she was cold all the time) to her and she gave me an incorrect address. She actually gave me the address for where her youngest daughter will be moving to early next month, except that the zip code was incorrect (the post office corrected it) and she only gave me a partial street name. The tracking data states that they were delivered, and so meanwhile the packages I sent are supposedly sitting at the door of an unoccupied house.

Steve said she told him that she was currently staying in a hotel after being asked to leave the nursing home so that another person could move in. But that makes no sense to either of us because the nursing home is set up for 6 patients and she has told us that there were only 2 patients currently in the home.

The last couple of emails I received from her don't sound very much like my Mary Jean. But before that, she had written that she had to be careful because the couple that ran the nursing home were so quiet that they could walk upon her before she could hear them - and that she didn't want them to know that she was already planning to leave to go live with her youngest daughter.

Something is amiss and I'm not quite sure what it is...so don't mention any of this in any emails you might exchange with her because I'm not certain that she is the only one with access to it.

Steve and I will try our best to keep tabs on her and hope things improve once she moves in with her daughter sometime early next month.

I’ve heard from her pretty regularly lately. Although not today. Her wound care is getting better. As I understand it she is in a small group home of about 2 others or so it seems. She has a newer nurse that is coming three times a week and it’s helping. Can I ask her about the Afghan if I hear from her? She knew we had the power outage.

Posts: 11072 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I was mistaken, I did get a note dated today.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I’ve heard from her pretty regularly lately. Although not today. Her wound care is getting better. As I understand it she is in a small group home of about 2 others or so it seems. She has a newer nurse that is coming three times a week and it’s helping. Can I ask her about the Afghan if I hear from her? She knew we had the power outage.

Well I'm certainly glad to hear someone say she is still in the nursing home. Sometimes I'm not sure who is confused, Steve or Mary Jean!

However, it remains that the last 2 emails I received from Mary don't sound like herself. They were very short and not very informative (I was trying to find out if I should put a tracer on the afghan and pillow).

No, I would rather you not bring it up to Mary Jean. I don't want to start a 4-way confusion since a 3-way confusion is already tuff enough for me to try to untangle! Think I'm just going to wait until after 3 March to see if things improve once her daughter moves into the new house and Mary Jean gets situated there.

If the afghan has disappeared then I will attempt to make her another by next winter...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Well I'm certainly glad to hear someone say she is still in the nursing home. Sometimes I'm not sure who is confused, Steve or Mary Jean!

However, it remains that the last 2 emails I received from Mary don't sound like herself. They were very short and not very informative (I was trying to find out if I should put a tracer on the afghan and pillow).

No, I would rather you not bring it up to Mary Jean. I don't want to start a 4-way confusion since a 3-way confusion is already tuff enough for me to try to untangle! Think I'm just going to wait until after 3 March to see if things improve once her daughter moves into the new house and Mary Jean gets situated there.

If the afghan has disappeared then I will attempt to make her another by next winter...

The very last email way short but we had been discussing power outages, hospitals that start moving your bed and don’t tell you where you are going and at one point that her nurse schedule had gone to three days a week. Haven’t heard her say much about her living arrangements lately. Previously she said there was no one to talk to. I didn’t regular talk to her but when I started with the mil updates and the power outage she was regularly responding and both of us getting off topic. I figured you would then be getting less but you’d have more time to crochet. I think shenposted about the snow.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
The very last email way short but we had been discussing power outages, hospitals that start moving your bed and don’t tell you where you are going and at one point that her nurse schedule had gone to three days a week. Haven’t heard her say much about her living arrangements lately. Previously she said there was no one to talk to. I didn’t regular talk to her but when I started with the mil updates and the power outage she was regularly responding and both of us getting off topic. I figured you would then be getting less but you’d have more time to crochet. I think shenposted about the snow.

OK, finally got a coherent email from her. She says she is paid up at the nursing home until the 6th of March and that she will be leaving on the 5th.

She also said that what Steve said was in regard to an earlier plan, but that it has now changed...Her daughter will take possession of the new house on the 3rd and she will move in on the 5th.

Now I'm gonna tuck Miz Baby and my tired ol' butt into bed.
Good night and God bless.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OK, finally got a coherent email from her. She says she is paid up at the nursing home until the 6th of March and that she will be leaving on the 5th.

She also said that what Steve said was in regard to an earlier plan, but that it has now changed...Her daughter will take possession of the new house on the 3rd and she will move in on the 5th.

Now I'm gonna tuck Miz Baby and my tired ol' butt into bed.
Good night and God bless.

Glad to hear that, thxs

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Allan, Reed,

When I got to the end it was "for this relief, much thanks". Please let them know that while I am not emailing them they are both deeply in my spirit.

One of our former Prime Ministers got into trouble when he famously said life wasn't meant to be easy.

He's right.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Malcolm_Fraser
Fraser's best known phrase, generally taken as a gloomy explanation of life's difficulties, but for him rather it was a reason to take on difficult tasks. Not widely recognised as being in fact a paraphrase of a line from George Bernard Shaw's play Back to Methuselah: "Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful."

Maybe this will help you and Reed get through the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NUQm3CzuA

Posts: 3125 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Allan, Reed,

When I got to the end it was "for this relief, much thanks". Please let them know that while I am not emailing them they are both deeply in my spirit.

One of our former Prime Ministers got into trouble when he famously said life wasn't meant to be easy.

He's right.

https://en.wikiquote.org/wiki/Malcolm_Fraser
Fraser's best known phrase, generally taken as a gloomy explanation of life's difficulties, but for him rather it was a reason to take on difficult tasks. Not widely recognised as being in fact a paraphrase of a line from George Bernard Shaw's play Back to Methuselah: "Life is not meant to be easy, my child; but take courage: it can be delightful."

Maybe this will help you and Reed get through the day.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2NUQm3CzuA

Truly it was a great relief for me too!

And yeah, gonna listen to me some Manitas de Plata and tuck me in. Good night sweet prince. God bless.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
One for my mob.

Saw a promo for what at first I thought was a documentary on support for the miners' strike in 1984, something I well remember as it came about through Margaret Thatcher, not one of my favourite British Prime Ministers.

Instead, it was a movie, a dramatisation of a fund-raising program set up by a group of gays and lesbians to raise funds for the miners who were struggling to survive.

Remember, this was 1984, when homosexuals were still on the outer, subject to police harassment and street bashings.

Fortunately I was in an ASC, which heightens my empathy to a great extent. I could relate to everyone, including the religious types.

It is very British, much taking place in Wales.
See if you can access it. Well worth the effort IMO:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt3169706/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_(2014_film)

Recognised one of the actors, but had to look him up to see he played Moriarty in Sherlock, a totally different role, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Scott_(actor)

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
One for my mob.

Saw a promo for what at first I thought was a documentary on support for the miners' strike in 1984, something I well remember as it came about through Margaret Thatcher, not one of my favourite British Prime Ministers.

Instead, it was a movie, a dramatisation of a fund-raising program set up by a group of gays and lesbians to raise funds for the miners who were struggling to survive.

Remember, this was 1984, when homosexuals were still on the outer, subject to police harassment and street bashings.

Fortunately I was in an ASC, which heightens my empathy to a great extent. I could relate to everyone, including the religious types.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pride_(2014_film)

Recognised one of the actors, but had to look him up to see he played Moriarty in Sherlock, a totally different role, of course.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Andrew_Scott_(actor)

Looks like it’s a Prime video that can be downloaded. Thxs

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
One for my mob.

Excellent!

I found it on Amazon, so if you have Amazon Prime you can watch it there for free:

Pride

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Please let me know what you think of it.

Found another one while responding to TruCon on another thread.

Synchronicity keeps reinforcing my convictions.

You know how I like to delve deep in the past, and reckon we have long-forgotten memories lodged in our genes. Stories of giants, and incredibly educated legendary heroes who became deities.

Put that in with Graham Hancock's insistence on Egypt and Mexico being civilised by some unknown people who travelled the world for just that purpose.

Then read this. The dates are "wrong", however, if I'm right about oral memory, then just maybe we have something here. It will keep me quiet for quite some time:

http://www.sydhav.no/giants/denisova_giants_egypt.htm

Must let bluelamp know: Were the Denisovans the giants of the legends all over the world? Where they the first kings of Egypt - the divine Pharaohs? Did they have an advanced technology that later got lost, might be together with the Denisovans themselves, in a world wide catastrophe?

Atlantis, here we come.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Loved it! Very touching.

Must say I held it together until the very end when they told of what happened to some of the gays. One died with aids when he was only 23...while another was still alive at 65.

quote:
Found another one while responding to TruCon on another thread.

Synchronicity keeps reinforcing my convictions.

You know how I like to delve deep in the past, and reckon we have long-forgotten memories lodged in our genes. Stories of giants, and incredibly educated legendary heroes who became deities.

Put that in with Graham Hancock's insistence on Egypt and Mexico being civilised by some unknown people who travelled the world for just that purpose.

Then read this. The dates are "wrong", however, if I'm right about oral memory, then just maybe we have something here. It will keep me quiet for quite some time:

http://www.sydhav.no/giants/denisova_giants_egypt.htm

I read through much of that and found it fascinating. Still have way too little verifiable information on which to form an opinion though. Again, fascinating.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Loved it! Very touching.
Must say I held it together until the very end when they told of what happened to some of the gays. One died with aids when he was only 23...while another was still alive at 65.

Life was tough all round.
quote:

I read through much of that and found it fascinating. Still have way too little verifiable information on which to form an opinion though. Again, fascinating.

As I said to bluelamp, for me orthodox science is dodging this one.

Really got me going on alleged cover-ups I otherwise shrug off.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OUCH!

And yet it isn't nearly as bad as I had anticipated it would be.

Gave me 3 Hydrocodone to get me through the first couple of days but I doubt seriously that I will have to take any of it. A bit of soreness but no real pain.

Still bleeding a little though. Gonna have to wash my pillow.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Gonna have to wash my pillow.

That'll bring back memories.

Hang in there, mate.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gonna have to wash my pillow.

That'll bring back memories.

Hang in there, mate.

Bloody nose...?

I've had a few of those when the house got too dry from the heat in winter. First one was pretty scary since upon waking I'm rather drowsy for a while. Took me a few to figure out what had happened.