Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50

Locked Topic Locked
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
All I was getting at was those London posters took the Monty Python line "He's not the Messiah, he's a very naughty boy" and put it on a poster with a photo of Boris Johnston.

Sheesh, I probably should have stayed in bed. I completely missed the ending of your sentence...

quote:
The Goon Show was originally produced and broadcast by the BBC Home Service from 1951-1960.

Bit before your time, m'dear.

I'll say! I was but a babe growing into young lass then.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6465 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Had a doc appt Wednesday to assess whether new BP meds are working. They are, but...my potassium level is climbing. We'll see how this goes. Since my IBS restricts my diet already, dunno how it's gonna go if I have to also give up the things it allows me to eat. Between that and my dental issues, I just don't know what else I will be able to give up!

Speaking of dental... Got a call from the dental tech today. She has been out with the flu... but, the mapping was finally a success. WooHoo!    :woohoo:

Have an appointment next Thursday for the final consultation prior to surgery. Then it's just a matter of scheduling between the doc and my sis. Gonna be nice to finally get this done, yet I cannot say that I'm looking forward to it. A sore mouth is far from pleasant.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Gonna be nice to finally get this done, yet I cannot say that I'm looking forward to it. A sore mouth is far from pleasant.

My dear femme, think of it this way.

For how long now have you been suffering?

I know for a fact you have not been thinking at your best.

YET!!!

This bloke is looking forward with great anticipation to finding my real JR.

I need you, mate, to get me back on top of life, so see yourself as my Christ figure.

And no, I am not kidding.

Your resurrection is long overdue.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2909 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Gonna be nice to finally get this done, yet I cannot say that I'm looking forward to it. A sore mouth is far from pleasant.

YET!!!

I need you, mate, to get me back on top of life, so see yourself as my Christ figure.

You’re right she needs some finality to her suffering, for sure. As for the Christ figure, the one that tells you who you are or shines a light on who you are, I’m glad to hear she can do that for you.

Posts: 10259 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

YET!!!

Sheesh, bubba, ya know how to put pressure on a girl doncha!

Hafta stop thinking about them installing screws into my jawbone, 'cause every time I do, I get a pounding headache.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
You’re right she needs some finality to her suffering, for sure. As for the Christ figure, the one that tells you who you are or shines a light on who you are, I’m glad to hear she can do that for you.

Don't let that bubba fool ya, he knows I have no teeth and cannot bite right now Wink   ;)

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Thanks, y'all...

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Tomorrow I'll start chapter IV of The Pub, so be on the lookout.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Hey Reed, I see PA is getting a bit of snow today.

You alright?

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

You alright?

Left Friday morning early! No idea what the driveway looks like but I’m glad I’m not dealing with the ice in the mix. Hadn’t checked the news pics either, I’ll have to check!

Thanks for asking. Our power is above ground and is possibly out. That doesn’t mean we wouldn’t be okay though. If more than 12 hours we’d probably fire up the generator although that’s a nuisance.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You alright?

Left Friday morning early! No idea what the driveway looks like but I’m glad I’m not dealing with the ice in the mix. Hadn’t checked the news pics either, I’ll have to check!

We've had a cold rain almost all afternoon. Should move out sometime overnight.

I see from the radar that it has turned into a mix for PA.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You alright?

We've had a cold rain almost all afternoon. Should move out sometime overnight.

I see from the radar that it has turned into a mix for PA.

That was predicted. Southern Florida between 30-50 Tuesday after we leave tomorrow.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
That was predicted. Southern Florida between 30-50 Tuesday after we leave tomorrow.

Yeah, that blast of cold air is gonna move through here too. Hope it kills off a bunch of bugs!

Stay safe!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yeah, that blast of cold air is gonna move through here too. Hope it kills off a bunch of bugs!

Stay safe!

Yep, pa could use a hard freeze too. They were baling, I think, the field Tuesday and Wednesday!

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep, pa could use a hard freeze too. They were baling, I think, the field Tuesday and Wednesday!

Been kinda of a crazy winter here. With this last warm snap, most of the trees are trying to bud out. This freeze will zap that, for sure. And a lot of the shrubs have already started blooming. Hate when that happens, cuz it takes away some of the Spring Glory we get when winter is finally over...

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Been kinda of a crazy winter here. With this last warm snap, most of the trees are trying to bud out. This freeze will zap that, for sure. And a lot of the shrubs have already started blooming. Hate when that happens, cuz it takes away some of the Spring Glory we get when winter is finally over...

Yep I don’t like the damage to the trees either! One day 69 next 72 got us in similar problems with the fruit trees!

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
One thing I enjoy about Judaism, JR and bluelamp, is the insistence that if two rabbis totally contradict one another both are correct.

You both mentioned Hekhalot and Merkavah; new to me so I had to look it up.

https://www.sunypress.edu/pdf/60748.pdf
On the other hand, some scholars assert that the Hekhalot and Merkavah literature includes merely literary constructions, which do not reveal authentic mystical experiences and practices. Urbach and Halperin, for instance, maintain this view, arguing that the ascent theme should not be regarded as the primary aspect of this literature, which reflects mostly literary developments. Schäfer argues that the literature does not provide any indication of how the heavenly ascent was carried out, or even if it was practiced at all. M. Himmelfarb assets that the literature includes stories to be repeated and not descriptions of tenable experiences and rites.36 This dichotomy between the experimental and the exegetical aspects of the Hekhalot and Merkavah mystical tradition has been challenged recently in several studies. Alexander discusses the inter-dependency of these two aspects in any study of Hekhalot and Merkavah mysticism and asserts: “from early on in the movement both ‘theoretical’ (i.e. exegetical) and ‘practical’ (i.e. experimental)approaches to the Merkabah were followed.”37 Rejecting any distinction between the two E. R. Wolfson states: “Such a distinction is predicated on the ability to isolate phenomenologically an experience separated from its literal context—a questionable presumption, inasmuch as all such experiences occur within a literary framework.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2909 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Report This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing I enjoy about Judaism, JR and bluelamp, is the insistence that if two rabbis totally contradict one another both are correct.

Truth is, Allan, you enjoy anything that keeps the pot stirred. I've got your number Wink   ;)

quote:
You both mentioned Hekhalot and Merkavah; new to me so I had to look it up.

https://www.sunypress.edu/pdf/60748.pdf
On the other hand, some scholars assert that the Hekhalot and Merkavah literature includes merely literary constructions, which do not reveal authentic mystical experiences and practices. Urbach and Halperin, for instance, maintain this view, arguing that the ascent theme should not be regarded as the primary aspect of this literature, which reflects mostly literary developments. Schäfer argues that the literature does not provide any indication of how the heavenly ascent was carried out, or even if it was practiced at all. M. Himmelfarb assets that the literature includes stories to be repeated and not descriptions of tenable experiences and rites.36 This dichotomy between the experimental and the exegetical aspects of the Hekhalot and Merkavah mystical tradition has been challenged recently in several studies. Alexander discusses the inter-dependency of these two aspects in any study of Hekhalot and Merkavah mysticism and asserts: “from early on in the movement both ‘theoretical’ (i.e. exegetical) and ‘practical’ (i.e. experimental)approaches to the Merkabah were followed.”37 Rejecting any distinction between the two E. R. Wolfson states: “Such a distinction is predicated on the ability to isolate phenomenologically an experience separated from its literal context—a questionable presumption, inasmuch as all such experiences occur within a literary framework.

For some literary yahoo to assume any determination regarding the validity of documented experience simply tells me that he may have chutzpah, but he is way outside of his authority.

I'm going with "Rejecting any distinction between the two E. R. Wolfson states: “Such a distinction is predicated on the ability to isolate phenomenologically an experience separated from its literal context—a questionable presumption, inasmuch as all such experiences occur within a literary framework."

BTW, SIA was deep into Kabbalah, Hekhalot, and Merkavah. She was the one who turned me onto it long before Margaret Barker...who was no slouch on the subject.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yep I don’t like the damage to the trees either! One day 69 next 72 got us in similar problems with the fruit trees!

Yeah, I'm concerned about our peach and apple trees.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
OK guys, let's close this one out and move to Pub IV.

Thanks.