Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Reply
  
The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I was wondering, has anyone heard from Bryan Borich? Usually we are in contact through Facebook, but he has dropped off of Facebook. I hope he is alright.


It’s been about a month since I heard from him. I know he was having health issues, but he was still responding. I’ll try to contact him since we rarely see him here.

Me too. Haven't heard from him since 27 Feb...


I checked some more on Facebook. Not only is his page no longer in existence, but the comments he made in my and Linda's pages appear to be wiped out, too. Sometimes he asks Facebook to do this. Maybe he's fine, but he got tired of Facebook.


That doesn’t sound good.
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I checked some more on Facebook. Not only is his page no longer in existence, but the comments he made in my and Linda's pages appear to be wiped out, too. Sometimes he asks Facebook to do this. Maybe he's fine, but he got tired of Facebook.

Vicki,
I shot him an email yesterday and have received no reply as of yet.

Must say, I'm a bit concerned about him. He "got tired" of Amazon, then Aantares, and now FB.

A few months ago he told me he was feeling a lot like he did just before he had that aneurysm, but he said the doctors and hospital could find no evidence of it. That's not much of a surprise to either of us since they didn't find any evidence of it just before the last one happened. In fact, they had run bunches of tests which found nothing and were trying to get him to leave the ER when the last of the tests came in with an irregularity. He was immediately admitted to the hospital and was in surgery within an hour.

He has also complained of "feeling really tired" and "having no appetite" over the last few months. But Bryan has several health issues, one of which is diabetes that has resulted in neuropathy in his feet and legs. Was having much difficulty getting around.

I have thought he should be in a nursing home for a while now. And while he has a daughter in San Diego, she has her own issues and isn't much help to him. When he had the aneurysm, he had spent several weeks in the hospital, then in rehab, back to the hospital, then to rehab again, and was almost ready to be released when she finally made contact with him through email. She is all the family he has...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
That doesn’t sound good.

No, it doesn't.

Isolation...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
That doesn’t sound good.

No, it doesn't.

Isolation...


Yep, I was also concerned about his lethargy. Who is Michelle? And do you have a way to contact her?
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
That doesn’t sound good.

No, it doesn't.

Isolation...


Yep, I was also concerned about his lethargy. Who is Michelle? And do you have a way to contact her?

Michelle was on Amazon for a while. She lives somewhere near Macon, GA, iirc. I have her email so I'll shoot one to her.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
That doesn’t sound good.

No, it doesn't.

Isolation...


Yep, I was also concerned about his lethargy. Who is Michelle? And do you have a way to contact her?

Michelle was on Amazon for a while. She lives somewhere near Macon, GA, iirc. I have her email so I'll shoot one to her.


That sounds familiar. I remember someone, too, that sent him a computer.

Have you tried calling?
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
That sounds familiar. I remember someone, too, that sent him a computer.

Have you tried calling?

Calling Bryan?

No, he hates talking on the phone. Plus, he changes phones often, and doesn't have many minutes, iirc. He uses it for emergencies only.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
That sounds familiar. I remember someone, too, that sent him a computer.

Have you tried calling?

Calling Bryan?

No, he hates talking on the phone. Plus, he changes phones often, and doesn't have many minutes, iirc. He uses it for emergencies only.


Ah! I thought he was keeping the numbers and it was an Obama phone.

Mine which has minimal miniutes but the first minute, incoming is free. I was thinking that if he answered to tell him to check his emails!!!!!!!!!!!
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I checked some more on Facebook. Not only is his page no longer in existence, but the comments he made in my and Linda's pages appear to be wiped out, too. Sometimes he asks Facebook to do this. Maybe he's fine, but he got tired of Facebook.

Vicki,
I shot him an email yesterday and have received no reply as of yet.

Must say, I'm a bit concerned about him. He "got tired" of Amazon, then Aantares, and now FB.

A few months ago he told me he was feeling a lot like he did just before he had that aneurysm, but he said the doctors and hospital could find no evidence of it. That's not much of a surprise to either of us since they didn't find any evidence of it just before the last one happened. In fact, they had run bunches of tests which found nothing and were trying to get him to leave the ER when the last of the tests came in with an irregularity. He was immediately admitted to the hospital and was in surgery within an hour.

He has also complained of "feeling really tired" and "having no appetite" over the last few months. But Bryan has several health issues, one of which is diabetes that has resulted in neuropathy in his feet and legs. Was having much difficulty getting around.

I have thought he should be in a nursing home for a while now. And while he has a daughter in San Diego, she has her own issues and isn't much help to him. When he had the aneurysm, he had spent several weeks in the hospital, then in rehab, back to the hospital, then to rehab again, and was almost ready to be released when she finally made contact with him through email. She is all the family he has...


I sure hope he contacts you and that he just got tired of Facebook. Which is too bad, but a whole lot better than being back in the hospital. Would you believe he was even interacting with a couple of the women from my church's Ladies Bible Study group for awhile, there?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Vicki
 
Posts: 420 | Location: Idaho | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
I sure hope he contacts you and that he just got tired of Facebook. Which is too bad, but a whole lot better than being back in the hospital. Would you believe he was even interacting with a couple of the women from my church's Ladies Bible Study group for awhile, there?



I hear that! As for talking to others I think Bryan enjoys the study of all religions and beliefs. And that would fit with his path as a Shamon too. He would likely tell you he had been led there.
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I sure hope he contacts you and that he just got tired of Facebook. Which is too bad, but a whole lot better than being back in the hospital. Would you believe he was even interacting with a couple of the women from my church's Ladies Bible Study group for awhile, there?

I'm becoming even more concerned, Vicki. I called the last cell number I had for him, it went straight to voicemail, and I left a message for him to check his email.

Still no response. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow afternoon, I'll check the hospital...

Love that he was interacting with some of that ladies from your church. That kind of thing is good for him.

I'm just hoping he isn't withdrawing and folding in on himself. That would not be a good thing, for it would mean that he is likely all alone when he needs us most.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I sure hope he contacts you and that he just got tired of Facebook. Which is too bad, but a whole lot better than being back in the hospital. Would you believe he was even interacting with a couple of the women from my church's Ladies Bible Study group for awhile, there?

I'm becoming even more concerned, Vicki. I called the last cell number I had for him, it went straight to voicemail, and I left a message for him to check his email.

Still no response. If I don't hear from him by tomorrow afternoon, I'll check the hospital...

Love that he was interacting with some of that ladies from your church. That kind of thing is good for him.

I'm just hoping he isn't withdrawing and folding in on himself. That would not be a good thing, for it would mean that he is likely all alone when he needs us most.


I would have thought he would have reached out to you. But yes, crawling in a hole is not a good thing for him.

Iirc, he had been reject for something he applied for, he said he didn’t expect to get it. And when I sent him the LAST update on MIL he said he shouldn’t have opened it. You can check the date on that one, but it can’t be before 27 Feb.
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I would have thought he would have reached out to you. But yes, crawling in a hole is not a good thing for him.

He usually does, but he is also aware that I was having issues with my teeth, so he may have been "giving me some room," so to speak.

quote:
Iirc, he had been reject for something he applied for, he said he didn’t expect to get it. And when I sent him the LAST update on MIL he said he shouldn’t have opened it. You can check the date on that one, but it can’t be before 27 Feb.

Yeah, back on Feb 11, he stated he didn't get the "in-house aid" that he had wanted. And it was Michelle's daughter that had helped him out, btw.

Feb 27, the email where he said he shouldn't have opened it, was the last email I received from him.

He had said his right shoulder was giving him some difficulty (Arthritis), his feet and legs suffer from diabetic neuropathy, and he had stated Michelle's daughter made sure he had some food and water. If he has folded up, he may not be able to get food and water sufficient to sustain him if he is unable to walk and carry. That is too sad for words!

I really wish he weren't so far away! But if he simply needs food and water, I can have Instacart deliver it, but someone would have to open the gate for them.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I would have thought he would have reached out to you. But yes, crawling in a hole is not a good thing for him.

He usually does, but he is also aware that I was having issues with my teeth, so he may have been "giving me some room," so to speak.

quote:
Iirc, he had been reject for something he applied for, he said he didn’t expect to get it. And when I sent him the LAST update on MIL he said he shouldn’t have opened it. You can check the date on that one, but it can’t be before 27 Feb.

Yeah, back on Feb 11, he stated he didn't get the "in-house aid" that he had wanted. And it was Michelle's daughter that had helped him out, btw.

Feb 27, the email where he said he shouldn't have opened it, was the last email I received from him.

He had said his right shoulder was giving him some difficulty (Arthritis), his feet and legs suffer from diabetic neuropathy, and he had stated Michelle's daughter made sure he had some food and water. If he has folded up, he may not be able to get food and water sufficient to sustain him if he is unable to walk and carry. That is too sad for words!

I really wish he weren't so far away! But if he simply needs food and water, I can have Instacart deliver it, but someone would have to open the gate for them.


I hear you. It looks like the property he is living in may be church owned, that could be a start. Somehow I missed the neuropathy, I know others who certainly wouldn’t recommend it! Wish I knew someone to doa wellness check. I’d have thought neighbors might notice.
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I hear you. It looks like the property he is living in may be church owned, that could be a start. Somehow I missed the neuropathy, I know others who certainly wouldn’t recommend it! Wish I knew someone to doa wellness check. I’d have thought neighbors might notice.

He lives in what looks like an extended-stay hotel situated above a restaurant. Don't know who owns it.

Most of the people around him are transients. Few have better means than Bryan does. Occasionally he can get someone to pick-up and deliver jugs of water for him, but that is pretty iffy sometimes. They are just not very reliable.

I just checked and the last time Bryan had food delivered was back on the 15th of February. And it looks like he has been having it delivered about once a month for the past 4-5 months. So he is in pretty bad shape.

Prior to that, I was using the Instacart account that I set up for him to send him food when he ran short. He has changed the payment method to his own card now, so that seems to be his main method of receiving groceries these days.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Reed,

Just heard from Bryan.

Check your email.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Vicki,
Bryan is alright. He got kicked off FB for 3 days for wondering if an anti-semite was a Russian Troll.

He also got kicked off ABC for some AIPAC comments. Looks like he's on a roll, huh?

He saw a new cardiologist and is awaiting tests for possible pacemaker.

Does he have another way to contact you? Like email?

UPDATE: Says to tell you he he needs the break anyway but might be back on FB this weekend.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Reed,

Just heard from Bryan.

Check your email.


Already just did, came here to see you!
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Vicki,
Bryan is alright. He got kicked off FB for 3 days for wondering if an anti-semite was a Russian Troll.

He also got kicked off ABC for some AIPAC comments. Looks like he's on a roll, huh?

He saw a new cardiologist and is awaiting tests for possible pacemaker.

Does he have another way to contact you? Like email?


I thought he had said he did. Perhaps Vicki has his?
 
Posts: 5978 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I thought he had said he did. Perhaps Vicki has his?

Just posted an update to Vicki, that Bryan says he needed to break anyway, but might be back on FB by the weekend.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 4934 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... 36 
 

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III

© 2003-2019 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.