Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... 20
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Off to bed. Good night and God bless.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 3860 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I thought he had said he did. Perhaps Vicki has his?

Just posted an update to Vicki, that Bryan says he needed to break anyway, but might be back on FB by the weekend.

Good to hear he is considering going back.

Posts: 4636 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Vicki,
Bryan is alright. He got kicked off FB for 3 days for wondering if an anti-semite was a Russian Troll.

He also got kicked off ABC for some AIPAC comments. Looks like he's on a roll, huh?

He saw a new cardiologist and is awaiting tests for possible pacemaker.

Does he have another way to contact you? Like email?

UPDATE: Says to tell you he he needs the break anyway but might be back on FB this weekend.

Thank-you so much for the update. Maybe a pacemaker is just what he needs to get his strength back. I know that Facebook can be very annoying- I have had other friends and family end up in Facebook Jail for awhile, too. The only other way we have had to contact each other has been by IM through Facebook.

Vicki

Posts: 398 | Location: Idaho | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
quote:
Vicki,
Bryan is alright. He got kicked off FB for 3 days for wondering if an anti-semite was a Russian Troll.

He also got kicked off ABC for some AIPAC comments. Looks like he's on a roll, huh?

He saw a new cardiologist and is awaiting tests for possible pacemaker.

Does he have another way to contact you? Like email?

UPDATE: Says to tell you he he needs the break anyway but might be back on FB this weekend.

Thank-you so much for the update. Maybe a pacemaker is just what he needs to get his strength back. I know that Facebook can be very annoying- I have had other friends and family end up in Facebook Jail for awhile, too. The only other way we have had to contact each other has been by IM through Facebook.

You are most welcome, Vicki. Did my heart good to hear from him!

And yes, a pacemaker may well be the solution to his lack of energy.

Once you reestablish contact, see if he will share his email with you. It would be nice to have an alternate method of contact should the need present itself.

Posts: 3860 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Mary Jean seems to be settling in at her daughter's and doing well.

No word yet on Bryan's heart eval...

Steve and I are currently suffering from the onset of Spring pollen. Sniffle, sniffle, drip, drip, Achoo!

Got a dental appointment today to hopefully include a denture adjustment.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mary Jean seems to be settling in at her daughter's and doing well.

No word yet on Bryan's heart eval...

Steve and I are currently suffering from the onset of Spring pollen. Sniffle, sniffle, drip, drip, Achoo!

Got a dental appointment today to hopefully include a denture adjustment.

I hear you on the pollen! And our farmer is stirring up the field too!

Haven’t heard from Mary in a few days now, but yes she seemed to be looking forward to finding her books etc!

Hope your dental appt goes swell.

Posts: 4636 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

Haven’t heard from Mary in a few days now, but yes she seemed to be looking forward to finding her books etc!

If I don't hear from Miz Marry today, I'm gonna ping her again.

Missed my dental appointment because I couldn't get a taxi!!!

Rescheduled for Monday.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If I don't hear from Miz Marry today, I'm gonna ping her again.

Missed my dental appointment because I couldn't get a taxi!!!

Rescheduled for Monday.

Sorry to hear you missed your appointment. I’m guessing Mrs exp is sorting books, at least I hope. I know she’s working on home nursing and daughter changing bandages, etc.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Okay Allan, wherefore art thou? I’m afraid to email since I doubt you are up to date, but it’s next!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Okay Allan, wherefore art thou? I’m afraid to email since I doubt you are up to date, but it’s next!

Yeah, where is that bubba.

You stay on him and I'll stay on Mary Jean. Still no word from her today. I'll check with Steve tomorrow to see if he's heard anything from her.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

Not to worry. I am even emailing my Mary Jean, though I have little to say -- you'd better believe that. She did suffer from a cold, which might have set her back a bit.

Too quiet for me on this forum. Sooner JR regains control over her mouth the better. Have a few little challenges which might get both of us back to full cry.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1548 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
You stay on him and I'll stay on Mary Jean.

Got myself nicely mixed up in that previous post.

You and Reed may care to check this one out:

http://vilnagaon.org/jewish-se...rears-its-ugly-head/

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1548 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:

Not to worry. I am even emailing my Mary Jean, though I have little to say -- you'd better believe that. She did suffer from a cold, which might have set her back a bit.

Too quiet for me on this forum. Sooner JR regains control over her mouth the better. Have a few little challenges which might get both of us back to full cry.

Oh those nasty colds!

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but I don't expect to regain much control over my mouth for quite some time, much to my distress.

You see, the dentist has, so far, has only relieved me of all my uppers and two of the lowers. I will have to go through this again when the remaining lowers are pulled. And that will not happen until the uppers have healed and the dentures are fully adjusted for comfort.

Right now I'm suffering from the beginnings of a pressure sore from the dentures, which means I can only wear them when I'm eating (to keep food from getting into the indentations where the teeth once were). And let me tell ya, as much as I feel like grinding my teeth right now, I must refrain or suffer the pain of bottom teeth pressing into tender, still healing, upper gums! I don't bite my fingernails, and right now, without both sets of teeth, I cannot, but man, how I wish I could!

I really needed to make it to this last appointment, so that my dentures could be adjusted, and am furious at the taxi service since I am a "regular customer" and should have been given priority. But since it would only have been a short trip (not a big money maker), conventioneers (longer trips) were given the priority.

Anyway, once the lowers are pulled, both the upper and lower dentures are fully adjusted, and the gums have fully healed (3-6 months), THEN they will do the surgery to install the prongs onto which my permanent snap-on teeth will attach. So I'm now looking at a year-long process instead of 6-8 months! SHEESH!!!

I am not a happy camper...

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
You stay on him and I'll stay on Mary Jean.

Got myself nicely mixed up in that previous post.

You and Reed may care to check this one out:

http://vilnagaon.org/jewish-se...rears-its-ugly-head/

Cannot quite wrap my head around this, but the constant thought running through my brain throughout reading it was, what a monkey funk! Someone has got to be making this more difficult than it naturally is...

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I’ve noticed the quiet too, however our elections will soon be in full disarray and I maywish for this quiet.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Oh those nasty colds!

Hate to be the one to tell you this, but I don't expect to regain much control over my mouth for quite some time, much to my distress.

You see, the dentist has, so far, has only relieved me of all my uppers and two of the lowers. I will have to go through this again when the remaining lowers are pulled. And that will not happen until the uppers have healed and the dentures are fully adjusted for comfort.

Right now I'm suffering from the beginnings of a pressure sore from the dentures, which means I can only wear them when I'm eating (to keep food from getting into the indentations where the teeth once were). And let me tell ya, as much as I feel like grinding my teeth right now, I must refrain or suffer the pain of bottom teeth pressing into tender, still healing, upper gums! I don't bite my fingernails, and right now, without both sets of teeth, I cannot, but man, how I wish I could!

I really needed to make it to this last appointment, so that my dentures could be adjusted, and am furious at the taxi service since I am a "regular customer" and should have been given priority. But since it would only have been a short trip (not a big money maker), conventioneers (longer trips) were given the priority.

Anyway, once the lowers are pulled, both the upper and lower dentures are fully adjusted, and the gums have fully healed (3-6 months), THEN they will do the surgery to install the prongs onto which my permanent snap-on teeth will attach. So I'm now looking at a year-long process instead of 6-8 months! SHEESH!!!

I am not a happy camper...

Geez, I wouldn’t be happy either. I finally got an appointment about a blister and by nightfall I had a root canal, last Friday! It actually went well, as I remembered my last implant that was a molar and required healing between extraction and implant, and that was just one tooth!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Geez, I wouldn’t be happy either. I finally got an appointment about a blister and by nightfall I had a root canal, last Friday! It actually went well, as I remembered my last implant that was a molar and required healing between extraction and implant, and that was just one tooth!

Tell me, how much difference is there between the pain of a pulled tooth and the implantation of a prong?

And what about the healing process for the implant...longer/shorter than for a pulled tooth?

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Tell me, how much difference is there between the pain of a pulled tooth and the implantation of a prong?

And what about the healing process for the implant...longer/shorter than for a pulled tooth?

I thought the implant was shorter recovery, but that is probably measured in pain and not healing. I’ve only had implants done one at a time and both included using the insertion of additional bone, ground up iirc, to add to the strength of the bone and be part of building of the bone. It’s been years but I think it was shorter duration of pain, but different bone pain. It took several years for the tooth to not feel numb when chewing, but that was just a weird feeling and not a pain. Remember too that in the case of an implant I don’t think they wanted the socket to completely heal as they would be cutting again. Fwiw, my other tooth was not a molar and so was done as one procedure. Of course, I then had the making of a crown to deal with, and that was before laser measuring.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I thought the implant was shorter recovery, but that is probably measured in pain and not healing. I’ve only had implants done one at a time and both included using the insertion of additional bone, ground up iirc, to add to the strength of the bone and be part of building of the bone. It’s been years but I think it was shorter duration of pain, but different bone pain. It took several years for the tooth to not feel numb when chewing, but that was just a weird feeling and not a pain. Remember too that in the case of an implant I don’t think they wanted the socket to completely heal as they would be cutting again. Fwiw, my other tooth was not a molar and so was done as one procedure. Of course, I then had the making of a crown to deal with, and that was before laser measuring.

Thanks, Reed. Just trying to get a feel for what I'm in for.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Thanks, Reed. Just trying to get a feel for what I'm in for.

I feel for you, but I truly remember the extraction being worse and at a lower level than yours. All of mine were uppers which I think are less problematic! I think I took 2-3 Percocet at the time, 5mg. I had to fight for that over darvon but it works better for me, as oxycodene at least. I asked for 6 was given 10.