Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
      Page: 1 ... 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub & Coffee Shop Part III
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Just thinking about your mess makes my mouth hurt. I think I need a scotch!

Soon as my gums close up, I'm having me one!

Just one?

Posts: 4953 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Bluelamp,

Good to see you here again!

Posts: 4953 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just one?

After months without, one should be sufficient...a double Smile-Big   :D

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4039 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bluelamp,

Oops, I missed him...

Posts: 4039 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Just one?

After months without, one should be sufficient...a double Smile-Big   :D

Or just 1 pint!

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Or just 1 pint!

Of Scotch?

You trying to pickle me?!?!?!?

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Or just 1 pint!

Of Scotch?

You trying to pickle me?!?!?!?

Nope, just leaving your options open!

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
So, who's in a pickle?

Posts: 8953 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
So, who's in a pickle?

Since the original (Shakespeare) meaning was to be drunk, it certainly isn't me. And won't be until my gums can handle the alcohol.

But as per Samuel Pepys' meaning (a rough spot), I most certainly am, in that I cannot drink alcohol for a while!

in a pickle

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce...

Posts: 8953 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Hold the pickle, hold the lettuce...

Oh, don't remind me! It's been months since I've had a hamburger!!!!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
https://www.jatland.com/forums...ati-In-India-or-Iran
...Many scholars believe that the Rigvedic verses and Zend Avesta refer to one river which has been written in Old Persian as Haravaiti and in Skt. Sarasvati. This surmise is supported by the changes governing rule governing change of Sanskrit S into H in Iranian as Skt. Sapta sindhu becomes Haptahindu as mentioned in Avesta as holy land created by Ahura Mazada. This linguistics similarity points to the times when Indo-Aryans and Indo Iranians lived together in ancient times.
...I tend to think Zoroaster monotheism shared things with the Rigveda and it got passed along to Judaism.

Yet again my apologies.

In part, this time my delay is caused by my need to get more information on Zarathustra.

Finally got some, when I started to re-read Allegro's Sacred Mushroom and the Cross today.

I began with Carl Ruck's addendum Fungus Redivivus: New Light on the Mushroom Controversy, where he states that Zarathustrian priests celebrated the haoma sacrament, which included drinking urine as part of the ceremony.

Oddly enough, he does not say why they did this, which makes it seem weird.

Over the years I have read a number of sites which all say the same thing: after they had taken the mushroom, shamans would drink their urine.

Not only that, they drank the urine of reindeer which also had eaten the entheogenic mushroom.

Why?

Because both our bodies and those of the reindeer refined the entheogen and excreted the more-powerful refined version in the urine.

One has to wonder how they got onto that???

All religions began on entheogens, and it is obvious why their leaders banned its popular use.

I know from my own very limited experience that, on an entheogen high, one does not need rabbis, priests or ministers, or imams and ayatollahs.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1566 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I know from my own very limited experience that, on an entheogen high, one does not need rabbis, priests or ministers, or imams and ayatollahs.

Because they no longer need "religion" in order to conceptualize and/or operate within the Unity?

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

In part, this time my delay is caused by my need to get more information on Zarathustra.

Finally got some, when I started to re-read Allegro's Sacred Mushroom and the Cross today.

I began with Carl Ruck's addendum Fungus Redivivus: New Light on the Mushroom Controversy, where he states that Zarathustrian priests celebrated the haoma sacrament, which included drinking urine as part of the ceremony.

Oddly enough, he does not say why they did this, which makes it seem weird.

Over the years I have read a number of sites which all say the same thing: after they had taken the mushroom, shamans would drink their urine.

Not only that, they drank the urine of reindeer which also had eaten the entheogenic mushroom.

Why?

Because both our bodies and those of the reindeer refined the entheogen and excreted the more-powerful refined version in the urine.

One has to wonder how they got onto that???

All religions began on entheogens, and it is obvious why their leaders banned its popular use.

From Wikipedia:

quote:
He received further revelations and saw a vision of the seven Amesha Spenta, and his teachings were collected in the Gathas and the Avesta.[56] He taught about free will,[57] and opposed the use of the hallucinogenic Haoma plant in rituals, polytheism, over-ritualising religious ceremonies and animal sacrifices, as well an oppressive class system in Persia which earned him strong opposition among local authorities.

Even Zoroaster was against rituals including ones with entheogens. I suspect he didn't like people overly enjoying the ritualistic highs since for Zoroaster it was the information he received that was the important part. People like Zoroaster are important since not everybody channels (with or without entheogens)and some may be better at getting information (with or without entheogens).

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Bluelamp,

Oops, I missed him...
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything. We aren't quite back to Eden channeling each others thoughts quite yet (with or without entheogens!)

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything.

LOL, do you live alone?

I do. Sometimes I forget that mumbling under my breath doesn't translate into typing that can be seen on the other end...Wink   ;)

Enthusiast...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bluelamp,

Oops, I missed him...
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything. We aren't quite back to Eden channeling each others thoughts quite yet (with or without entheogens!)

I suspected you might be because if Allan gets serious you are right here. Guess we’ll just have to keep pulling his chain, or just give a shout out now and then.

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:

As you know all too well, given my extremely limited experience I still have reservations about mediums/channellers.

I got nothing from the first two, and the third gave up half-way through the session, saying she'd achieve more if she taught me how to do it.

For me so far, channellers are either naturally gifted in reading body language, or have received excellent training.

Either way, my poker face, controlled shoulders, give them nothing to work on.

Still reckon properly controlled use of entheogens is what we continue to need.

Have you looked up the Johns Hopkins' psilocybin experiments? Googling what I have italicised has given me enough to keep me quiet for quite a time.

Care to join me?

We have issues with returned veterans suffering from PTSD. Why are they all nor permitted controlled use of the sacred mushroom?

Apart, of course, from pressure from Big Pharma and Big Religion.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1566 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Hi to both of you, yes I'm actually usually here I just forget that I'm not actually saying anything.

LOL, do you live alone?

I do. Sometimes I forget that mumbling under my breath doesn't translate into typing that can be seen on the other end...Wink   ;)
I am the only one in the house a lot when I'm online and in more contentious places like Amazon was and Facebook is, I do clench teeth and run around the house a lot. I do it even when people are around just a little more subdued; my family refers to it as me dancing.

Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Bluelamp,

Oops, I missed him...

I suspected you might be because if Allan gets serious you are right here. Guess we’ll just have to keep pulling his chain, or just give a shout out now and then.
I'm actually very introverted though that usually doesn't show up online (I met my wife online) but I think I sometimes just get like I am at a party where I just enjoy listening to everybody else. This is especially true for parties at nostalgic places (like I had last year in Pittsburgh where I was born). This forum is kind of nostalgic in that it goes back to my original online home where I met my wife; actually I met my mother in law first so I never had to worry about my first meeting with my mother in law which was quite nice.