Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part IV
      Page: 1 ... 47 48 49 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

The Mob's Pub and Coffee Shop Part IV
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
With you all the way, JR.

Nothing I can say can change any of this, but just be certain I am thinking of you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Allan,

This book looks like something you might like

https://www.amazon.com/Forgott...digital-text&sr=1-33

Posts: 10812 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

Nothing I can say can change any of this, but just be certain I am thinking of you.

Thanks.

They think she may have had another TIA (mini-stroke) in addition to the aortic dissection. She had a major stroke 20? years ago and several TIA since, but this time it was hard to tell since there were so many other things going on at the same time.

Mom is expected to be released into home hospice care tomorrow. No timeframe has been given but she is not expected to get any better. Don't even know if she can still walk at this point, just know that it will be much easier on baby sis if she can't since she had to watch mom like a hawk just to keep her from falling before.

Everyone who visited has made it home safely and are resting up for the next trip... I'm just trying to get my back in decent order hoping I will be able to make the next trip. We'll see.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Since we are on page 50 of this iteration of "The Pub", I've started a new one but no need to start using it until tomorrow. Still got room for a few more posts on this one.

Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

Thanks.

They think she may have had another TIA (mini-stroke) in addition to the aortic dissection. She had a major stroke 20? years ago and several TIA since, but this time it was hard to tell since there were so many other things going on at the same time.

Mom is expected to be released into home hospice care tomorrow. No timeframe has been given but she is not expected to get any better. Don't even know if she can still walk at this point, just know that it will be much easier on baby sis if she can't since she had to watch mom like a hawk just to keep her from falling before.

Everyone who visited has made it home safely and are resting up for the next trip... I'm just trying to get my back in decent order hoping I will be able to make the next trip. We'll see.

The swallowing certainly sounded more like a stroke.

And yes, I remember when my grandmother couldn’t keep up withe grandpa. A watermelon seed he was at times! She was glad when he could not get away. Mom had had the mailbox moved around that time but originally, for the first 30 years, it was RR box and was 1.5 very long blocks away, to the end of the road and jog. He walked it everyday there was mail. One day he missed the turn back to the house and walk another couple of blocks and was discovered near the railroad tracks, I think climbing over them! Grandmother couldn’t walk to the box which was why mom had it moved to the driveway as there were now enough houses to be allowed it. Meanwhile a neighbor was getting the mail for her. What a hassle.

I’m wishing your baby sis the best for her sanity, it can’t be easy.

Posts: 10812 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
I dips me lid, JR.

See how you get on with this, published to commemorate the opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in 1932.

http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/...cted/idipsmelid.html

Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
I dips me lid, JR.

See how you get on with this, published to commemorate the opening of the Sydney Harbour Bridge in 1932.

http://www.middlemiss.org/lit/...cted/idipsmelid.html

Lovely poem.

Saved!

Y'all do have issues with those heiches doncha! But what I find most amusing are those misplaced ares. My old boyfriend from Boston used to toss one into the word 'saw' pronouncing it 'sawr'; as in "I sawr it with my own eyes!"

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Last I heard was mom was being sent home in an ambulance and hospice was arranging for a hospital bed to be delivered and a hospice worker to be on hand when mom arrived.

Word from the doc is the aortic dissection is rather large and fragile.

Mom still has no recognition of anyone at this point. They don't anticipate that will change.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
Getting beds delivered seem to be on random schedules at times. Nevertheless I hope your mom makes it home which may be her goal and where she releases her hold on this life. That’s a hassle, but definitely worth affording her. I’m hanging in there for you and the family. Peace to all the family.

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Allan,
This book looks like something you might like...

Thank you, Reed.

Took me a while to work my way through all the reports and interviews, then I chased up the authors' other book, Exogenesis: Hybrid Humans: A Scientific History of Extraterrestrial Genetic Manipulation.

Pretty sure I have never read the Fentons, however I do know where they are coming from.

What clinched that was the reports which included Ancient Aliens and Erich von Däniken. He is highly popular, written a stack of books, but I have serious reservations about him.
https://www.nytimes.com/1974/0...anikens-genesis.html

For me, these people are running around in circles, putting up their concepts then using and twisting all sorts of mythologies to support their claims.

One thing which stops me cold: I have never heard of the likes of, say, Barack Obama, Queen Elizabeth, Boris Johnson, Angela Merkel, Emmanuel Marcon, or even Vladimir Putin, ever being contacted by these aliens.

Why not?

As you can imagine, my mind took off on a number of trips, including the Abrahamic religions.

Given that Buddha was a son of an elected chieftain, or oligarch, how come Abram was the son of an idol maker (or a senior advisor to an unnamed king), while Jesus was born to a temple priestess with all sorts of questions raised about who actually sired him (Pantera, anyone)?

Getting back to Abram: the one and only deity introducing itself through a 3yo boy, then, aged 8 (maybe 10), he smashes up his father's idols. That does not make the slightest bit of sense. No one then believed those idols were the actual deities. Instead, just as many Christians today are certain that, when praying to the statue of one of their saints, the saint inhabits the statue only while the prayers are being said.

Love to know when this report was written.
https://www.chabad.org/library...2/jewish/Abraham.htm

Apart from the facts that there was never a king named Nimrod, nor were there Chaldeans ruling in Ur at the proposed time, how come Abram's birth events are virtually identical to those of Jesus, including the star and the Slaughter of the Innocents?

At least that unknown king got his astrologers to check out that strange star. How come Herod didn't think of that?