Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
On sale,

https://www.amazon.com/People-...6K32467N2JKH7C3N5VPB

Are you part Indian?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6578 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
On sale,

https://www.amazon.com/People-...6K32467N2JKH7C3N5VPB

Are you part Indian?

Only in my 'last' life Smile   :)

But I just ran across this by accident looking for chargers.

bryan j borich

Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by That JR Thang:
[QUOTE]I like that and this quote

”God is always choosing people. First impressions aside, God is not primarily choosing them for a role or a task, although it might appear that way. God is really choosing them to be God’s self in this world, each in a unique situation. If they allow themselves to experience being chosen, being a beloved, being somehow God’s presence in the world, they invariably communicate that same chosenness to others. And thus the Mystery passes on from age to age. Yes, we do have roles and tasks in this world, but finally they are all the same—to uniquely be divine love in a way that no one else can or will”

My Confirmation Bias has had an absolute ball over the past few weeks, wiping out all my best reds.

One of the triggers was an Amazon post complaining about the harshness of the universe we live in. It reminded me immediately of a book we read so long ago I had forgotten the author and title, but it did not take long to bring it back; Nicholas Monsarrat's The Cruel Sea.

It is a magnificent war novel, based on Monsarrat's own duty on anti-submarine corvettes on the trans-Atlantic convoy runs.

I were just a lad, and remembered a torrid erotic scene which raised my, um, eyebrows more than somewhat.

My Confirmation Bias, however, remembered we, while agreeing with the title in context, realised the sea was not cruel; it, like that poster's universe, has no emotions whatsoever.

Which, of course, is fully in line with our thought that we humans get into ruts and don't bother trying to get out of them, probably because we do not recognise what we have done.

Our distant ancestors, intelligent though they undoubtedly were, knew bugger-all about the causes of major world events such as earthquakes and disease. As Todd Tremlin so rightly suggested in Minds and Gods: The Cognitive Foundations of Religion, our ancestors logically and reasonably hypothesised that, as all our then worldly goods came to us through human agents, then possibly all those natural events were caused by super-human agents.

We've been stuck in that rut ever since.

Life itself, not "God", is what drives us; our brains are our own individual guiding lights. They create a world model from at least the day we are born, interpreting all the information our senses provide to create that model go ensure we survive.

Simple as that.

We all know how often that model breaks down; we interpret something in terms of our individual world model, then some fact from elsewhere proves our model got that bit wrong.

Think of all the facts in our world (forget the scientific ones). How much do we know of how people live elsewhere, what world models they have created? Their "reality" can be quite different from our own.

So, who is right about reality, them or us?

Or both?

Try this:

"Our Brains are always choosing people. First impressions aside, our individual Brain is not primarily choosing us for a role or a task, although it might appear that way. Our Brain is really choosing each of us to be the Life Force's self in this world, each in a unique situation. If we allow ourselves to experience being chosen, being a beloved, being somehow Life Force’s presence in the world, we invariably communicate that same chosenness to others. And thus the Mystery passes on from age to age. Yes, we do have roles and tasks in this world, but finally they are all the same —- to uniquely be divine love in a way that no one else can or will.”

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 3014 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Hey guys,
As some of you know, I've been trying to reach Mary Jean for several weeks now. Finally received a response from her.

She fell and broke her hip and has been in the hospital, then rehab.

I've sent out an email, to include yba and Lois, with the few details that I have.

Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

Posts: 6578 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by bryan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Reed:
[QUOTE]I like that and this quote[QUOTE]

Or both?

Try this:

"Our Brains are always choosing people. First impressions aside, our individual Brain is not primarily choosing us for a role or a task, although it might appear that way. Our Brain is really choosing each of us to be the Life Force's self in this world, each in a unique situation. If we allow ourselves to experience being chosen, being a beloved, being somehow Life Force’s presence in the world, we invariably communicate that same chosenness to others. And thus the Mystery passes on from age to age. Yes, we do have roles and tasks in this world, but finally they are all the same —- to uniquely be divine love in a way that no one else can or will.”

Life Force - God; same thing.

I've been reading some Richard Rohr and he seems to have put into words what my understanding of God and Christ are. Try this:
Cosmic Christ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FGObtu-EMI

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:

True. God is kind of our life force when we are at very high energy physics-wise. Literally our alpha and omega. Our first post-God life force thought physics-wise is briefly mentioned here:

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paola_Zizzi

quote:
Paola Zizzi is an Italian theoretical physicist who is most notable for her work in the field of loop quantum gravity, which regards the universe as a kind of super computer. She proposed that the universe has the computational complexity sufficient for the emergence of consciousness in the period known as the cosmic inflation in her paper titled Emergent Consciousness, which references Roger Penrose's theory of orchestrated objective reduction.

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Permission granted by FCC

http://www.slate.com/articles/...ons_over_puerto.html

bryan j borich

Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
quote:

True. God is kind of our life force when we are at very high energy physics-wise. Literally our alpha and omega. Our first post-God life force thought physics-wise is briefly mentioned here:

From https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paola_Zizzi

quote:
Paola Zizzi is an Italian theoretical physicist who is most notable for her work in the field of loop quantum gravity, which regards the universe as a kind of super computer. She proposed that the universe has the computational complexity sufficient for the emergence of consciousness in the period known as the cosmic inflation in her paper titled Emergent Consciousness, which references Roger Penrose's theory of orchestrated objective reduction.

Sheesh, is everything going to be reduced to science, LOL?

Kinda sucks the mystery and spirituality right out of it, doncha know!

Must admit though, I do like that science is on the verge of confirming that we didn't make God up, as some atheists <ahem> prefer to believe.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Amatuer Radio operators,

http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-...nteers-aid-hospitals

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Permission granted by FCC

http://www.slate.com/articles/...ons_over_puerto.html

Good on 'em! I hope it works for everyone's sake.

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Amatuer Radio operators,

http://www.arrl.org/news/arrl-...nteers-aid-hospitals

Excellent!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
[QUOTE]I like that and this quote[QUOTE]

Or both?

Try this:

I've been reading some Richard Rohr and he seems to have put into words what my understanding of God and Christ are. Try this:
Cosmic Christ

I was just about to ask him what’s the difference! Perhaps he has forgotten who to rile up? Or how?

Posts: 10768 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allan:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Allan:

Or both?

Try this:

quote:
Originally posted by JR:

Cosmic Christ

quote:
Originally posted by Reed:
I was just about to ask him what’s the difference! Perhaps he has forgotten who to rile up? Or how?

Poor baby, must drive him nuts that he cannot deny his own spirituality Autumn  :autumn: Just keeps trying to find some other way to explain it, hee hee.

And I have to admit that I am amazed to find someone that understands God/Christ/Bible in very much the same way that I do in Richard Rohr. It really is kinda blowing my mind!

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I hear that!

Posts: 10768 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
It's worked elsewhere so far, though not all the kinks are worked out yet. And Apple and Samsung phones need updates apparently.

There is also the question of how fast they can deploy.

bryan j borich

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
It's worked elsewhere so far, though not all the kinks are worked out yet. And Apple and Samsung phones need updates apparently.

There is also the question of how fast they can deploy.

It's nice that they have something and are willing to try it until the towers are back up and operational.

Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
I liked the statement that said they may need to do live updates in order for the phones to work with the system!

It reminded me of Juno that needs to be down loaded before you get online!

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
I liked the statement that said they may need to do live updates in order for the phones to work with the system!

It reminded me of Juno that needs to be down loaded before you get online!

Yeah, but in this case, they can just make one trip to a hotspot and then they will hopefully be set.

bryan j borich

Here to stay...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Sheesh, is everything going to be reduced to science, LOL?

Kinda sucks the mystery and spirituality right out of it, doncha know!

Must admit though, I do like that science is on the verge of confirming that we didn't make God up, as some atheists <ahem> prefer to believe.

Yeah in the old days science and religion used to be much closer via philosophers. Leibniz was great!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...ried_Wilhelm_Leibniz

quote:
He became one of the most prolific inventors in the field of mechanical calculators. While working on adding automatic multiplication and division to Pascal's calculator, he was the first to describe a pinwheel calculator in 1685[10] and invented the Leibniz wheel, used in the arithmometer, the first mass-produced mechanical calculator. He also refined the binary number system, which is the foundation of virtually all digital computers.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...Pluralistic_idealism

quote:
Leibniz' form of idealism, known as Panpsychism, views "monads" as the true atoms of the universe and as entities having perception. The monads are "substantial forms of being, "elemental, individual, subject to their own laws, non-interacting, each reflecting the entire universe. Monads are centers of force, which is substance while space, matter and motion are phenomenal and their form and existence is dependent on the simple and immaterial monads. There is a pre-established harmony established by God, the central monad, between the world in the minds of the monads and the external world of objects. Leibniz's cosmology embraced traditional Christian Theism.

There's also physics for prophecy/channeling but that still leaves the hints you get as quite mysterious. Math can also give the actual geometry basis for sacred geometry (Enneagram, Tree of Life, Wheel of Life, Sri Yantra, Chakras, etc.).

Posts: 1051 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
There's also physics for prophecy/channeling but that still leaves the hints you get as quite mysterious. Math can also give the actual geometry basis for sacred geometry (Enneagram, Tree of Life, Wheel of Life, Sri Yantra, Chakras, etc.).

I'm kinda new to this, but the Franciscan Priest Richard Rohr, who I'm currently reading, has brought Enneagram up in a couple of his books and it's certainly something I intend to look into.