Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
I think they are having too much fun catholic bashing to come over here.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
Hi Linda and Music.
So far i am not liking the way this forum works, but maybe I'll catch on. I can't see the post I am responding to when I reply and that is a very real handicap.
But it is good to be able to talk

Are you hitting the little quote symbol to lower right of the post you're replying to, or the non-specific reply button at the bottom of the thread?

Yes I was. Thanks for the hint.
mary

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Hey bubbas and bubbettes! Good to 'see' y'all mobsters here.

@ Linda: Yes Bryan is having some computer difficulties. He is working on getting it straightened out. But if I don't hear from him in a couple of days, I'm gonna send the posse after him, hee hee hee!

@ Miz Mary, so happy you made it! And yeah, the format is a little different, but we'll get used to it. I'm posting this from my iPhone and I expect it will be a better experience from the computer when I get it booted up this evening.

'Til then, I'm gonna be annoying our favorite pot stirrer to see if I can get him to come on in.

See y'all.

JR,
Henry J gave me a hint and it's easier now. I still not to old to learn a new trick or two, with help.
Mary

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
"How could you threaten to do that to our good buddy anyway?"

Easy...he would expect it!

Posts: 4093 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
Mary: "JR,
Henry J gave me a hint and it's easier now. I still not to old to learn a new trick or two, with help."

JR: Cool. I'm still learning my way around too.

And to make it more confusing, this forum acts differently on my computer than on my iPhone...

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4093 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:

Hey Robin! Good to see you.

Hope CMS makes it too.

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:

robinhood,

Oh yes, Catholic bashing...their favorite indoor sport, when they aren't Jew bashing, New Age bashing, atheist bashing, heretic bashing etc. I was about to say that will keep them out of trouble for a while, but they can never stay out of trouble for more than two minutes. But hopefully it will keep them too distracted to come over here--at least for a while.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
Please

Robin or Robb will do

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
I am here.

Posts: 3 | Location: Tennessee | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lois:
I am here.

Yes! You made it!

Nice. Just a few more and we can all sing "The Gang's All Here."

I poked at Allan a little while ago to see if I could get him motivated to come join us. We'll see...

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Lois:
I am here.

Yes! You made it!

Nice. Just a few more and we can all sing "The Gang's All Here."

I poked at Allan a little while ago to see if I could get him motivated to come join us. We'll see...

It's just a matter of time...we needed a critical mass first, and we have that already. Allan won't be able to stay away!

--Linda

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please

Robin or Robb will do

So you're Robb on Amazon? Sorry, I didn't make the connection at first.

--Linda

Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
quote:
Please

Robin or Robb will do

So you're Robb on Amazon? Sorry, I didn't make the connection at first.

--Linda

No problem I just thought I would branch out a bit with a slight name change.

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
I made it! Now what?

Nancy M. Davison

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
Now you wait. Or start a topic Autumn  :autumn:

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
I made it, too.

Vicki

Posts: 398 | Location: Idaho | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Bigbird1132
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
quote:
Originally posted by Bigbird1132:
Thanks for starting this
Now back to my lurking.

I'm an experienced lurker both here and on Amazon (under my real name John Gonsowski).

Terrific, another professional lurker Smile   :)
I tend to enjoy the meandering topics -

Dave C

Posts: 4 | Location: Across the Universe | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Now you wait. Or start a topic

That's true, but you don't have to wait to start a topic. As long as you're registered here, any of you can start a new topic right now if you want to.

Or you can post on an existing topic. We have a number of perfectly good topics that have been sitting around here languishing for months. Although I did make an effort to kick a few of them before I posted my OP here.

--Linda

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I made it, too.

Hey Vicki!

Wish I were up to a nice long chat, but this girl is so tired. I gotta tuck me in before I fall out.

Se ya tomorrow.

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
quote:
Thanks for starting this
Now back to my lurking.

I'm an experienced lurker both here and on Amazon (under my real name John Gonsowski).

Terrific, another professional lurker Smile   :)
I tend to enjoy the meandering topics -

Bigbird,

Don't let John/bluelamp fool you. He isn't just a lurker; he can get pretty wordy when he gets going on one of his favorite topics, which tend to be a bit esoteric. I understand he mostly does that on another forum, where he has a physicist friend capable of following his most convoluted digressions and trains of association. So he tells me anyway, and I have to take his word for it because *I* can't always follow them!

That said, though--he is one of my oldest friends on Prodigy/Aantares and I love him no end. In fact, I was the one who dragged him over to Amazon in the first place.

As for meandering topics--should I take the liberty of opening up the pub, or should I wait for Allan to show up so he can open it himself? That's the big question of the day.

--Linda