Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 ... 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I was wondering if you were ok when I didn't see you on Facebook anymore. I'm glad you're feeling better. So sad about Marianne, though.

VICKI! Good to see you! Bryan's gonna be so surprised and I'm gonna love it!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4098 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
I usually try to avoid Yba since he objects to my Anti-Zionism as that was or used to be his desire.

However, given that pass on my sorrow at her situation, Frown   :(

Will do.

Posts: 4098 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
quote:
Some probable good news/bad news on my end,

good
1. Feeling better, but still weak. Weather has been nice.
2. Should be getting approx. $20 COLA from SS (I hope)

Bad
1. getting $40 rent increase
2. Should be expecting Food Stamp decrease with the COLA increase.

Miss Reed, Mrs. Exp, Sia, Vicki(despite our arguments), and CMS, among others.

I was wondering if you were ok when I didn't see you on Facebook anymore. I'm glad you're feeling better. So sad about Marianne, though.

I frequently get tired of FB Smile   :)

Although dropping it has put a crimp in other things.

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:

good

Bad

Sorry to hear that - the bad news part of it anyway.
quote:

Vicki misses you too. I told her yesterday I'd show her where to find you (meaning right here), but then got sidetracked by other stuff as usual.

One of the main things that has gotten me sidetracked--not to mention furious--in recent weeks is all the mansplaining being generated by the rash of accusations of sexual harassment directed at powerful men. It started with the odious Harvey Weinstein, and continued through a whole string of other entitled jerks, with the latest target--NOT victim!--being Matt Lauer, who just got fired from the "Today" show this morning.

I can't stomach all the whiny demands for validation and reassurance I've been seeing in my Facebook feed, and which I refuse on principle to humor or respond to in any way. After 5000 years of patriarchy and decades if not centuries of systematic protection of abusers and equally systematic victim-blaming, men have no business trying to hijack this issue and making it "about" them.

I'm hoping that won't be the case here, but I realize there are no guarantees.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:

Vicki!!!

I see you discovered this place on your own, without any help from me.

Yes, it is very sad about Marianne and yba. I doubt if my last post would improve his morale much, but he'd also know it's very, very typical of me. So it might cheer him up for that reason alone.

--Linda

Posts: 18659 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
One of the main things that has gotten me sidetracked--not to mention furious--in recent weeks is all the mansplaining being generated by the rash of accusations of sexual harassment directed at powerful men. It started with the odious Harvey Weinstein, and continued through a whole string of other entitled jerks, with the latest target--NOT victim!--being Matt Lauer, who just got fired from the "Today" show this morning.

I can't stomach all the whiny demands for validation and reassurance I've been seeing in my Facebook feed, and which I refuse on principle to humor or respond to in any way. After 5000 years of patriarchy and decades if not centuries of systematic protection of abusers and equally systematic victim-blaming, men have no business trying to hijack this issue and making it "about" them.

I'm hoping that won't be the case here, but I realize there are no guarantees.

--Linda

Well Dahlin', at least the liddle trumpeter is good for something, huh. With his vulgar attitude he's managed to stir up all the women who have been harassed by the liddle jerks! May THAT go down in history as his major claim to fame!

Here to stay...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluelamp:
quote:
And yet they vote for another bad guy. And Trump is already friends with the Russians, just a question of how close, same for most people around him.

And as far as the Russians are concerned he might not need to be a close friend, just an easily manipulated puppet.

There are indications that the Russians started keeping close tabs on him when he married Ivana. Her father reported to the Czech secret service in trade for her visiting. That information got fed to the KGB, who eventually set up his visit to Moscow.

It's not like the voters were presented with a variety of outsiders with a chance to win. I wish Trump was really good friends with Putin since that would mean no nuclear war threats and great cooperation for solving lots of world problems. The rest of the U.S. government just won't let that happen. I actually trust Putin and the KGB more than the false flagging CIA and friends (I'm pretty sure Trump is not a CIA friend).

That was the one saving point in Trump's favour before the election IMO. It is bloody childish for the West to keep Russia as an enemy, so I hoped Trump would apply his business pragmatism to gain rapport with Russia, a country which undoubtedly saved us from the Nazis.

However, I was right in suspecting Trump owes too much to the USA munitions corporations to want to see our world at peace.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 1571 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well Dahlin', at least the liddle trumpeter is good for something, huh. With his vulgar attitude he's managed to stir up all the women who have been harassed by the liddle jerks! May THAT go down in history as his major claim to fame!

The Trumpster is good for a lot more than that! What he's positively brilliant at is showing the world America's shadow side, in the Jungian sense. He is the embodiment of everything that is worst about this country--all the racism, xenophobia, the out-of-control materialism, the worship of money no matter how it was acquired, the total contempt for anything resembling truth, etc. etc. etc. And yes...total vulgarity and contempt for women.

Not to mention the insane religions or religion-substitutes where "values" consist of being anti-abortion and being opposed to gay marriage. Period. No other values that can be recognized as such.

Oh yes, and being militantly anti-science. Can't leave that one out, not with Allan reading this thread. Smile   :)

But that's a subject for another post, or a long rant. Maybe by me and maybe by someone else.

--Linda

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Linda,

Don't hold stuff in like that - tell us how you really feel! Smile   :)

Posts: 8988 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Soviets have done their own deeds, and in their case don't need to false flag like we do.

As far as Trump and Putin, I expect Trump is just an ignorant stooge of Putin...

Although if Tillerson is telling the truth one wonders why we need a massive military increase.

And yes I agree the options for President sucked big time. But then only the bad choices run in the first place.

P.S. Trumps only true friend is himself. Although on the other hand that applies to a lot of people in this world.

Yeah Russia is extremely corrupt in the organizational crime sense and Putin probably has to walk some line between being ruthless and nice.

quote:
[When conducting political campaigns] one has to be insincere and promise something which you cannot fulfill. So you either have to be a fool who does not understand what you are promising, or deliberately be lying.

- Vladimir Putin

Trump is good at both!

Posts: 900 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
quote:
And yet they vote for another bad guy. And Trump is already friends with the Russians, just a question of how close, same for most people around him.

And as far as the Russians are concerned he might not need to be a close friend, just an easily manipulated puppet.

There are indications that the Russians started keeping close tabs on him when he married Ivana. Her father reported to the Czech secret service in trade for her visiting. That information got fed to the KGB, who eventually set up his visit to Moscow.

It's not like the voters were presented with a variety of outsiders with a chance to win. I wish Trump was really good friends with Putin since that would mean no nuclear war threats and great cooperation for solving lots of world problems. The rest of the U.S. government just won't let that happen. I actually trust Putin and the KGB more than the false flagging CIA and friends (I'm pretty sure Trump is not a CIA friend).

That was the one saving point in Trump's favour before the election IMO. It is bloody childish for the West to keep Russia as an enemy, so I hoped Trump would apply his business pragmatism to gain rapport with Russia, a country which undoubtedly saved us from the Nazis.

However, I was right in suspecting Trump owes too much to the USA munitions corporations to want to see our world at peace.

Trump is actually not considered a good business person, at best he's considered average. And that's probably being generous. It is why he had to go overseas for money, no banks in the U.S. would finance him anymore. The Russians however would.

I doubt he owes anything to the military complex, except what his supporters want.

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
Linda,

Don't hold stuff in like that - tell us how you really feel! Smile   :)

Oh, c'mon Henry...when have you ever known me to do otherwise?

--Linda

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The Trumpster is good for a lot more than that! What he's positively brilliant at is showing the world America's shadow side, in the Jungian sense. He is the embodiment of everything that is worst about this country--all the racism, xenophobia, the out-of-control materialism, the worship of money no matter how it was acquired, the total contempt for anything resembling truth, etc. etc. etc. And yes...total vulgarity and contempt for women.

Not to mention the insane religions or religion-substitutes where "values" consist of being anti-abortion and being opposed to gay marriage. Period. No other values that can be recognized as such.

Oh yes, and being militantly anti-science. Can't leave that one out, not with Allan reading this thread. Smile   :)

But that's a subject for another post, or a long rant. Maybe by me and maybe by someone else.

--Linda

Well, YEAH!. But I was tired and figured I'd let you do all the typing.

Thanks, you didn't let me down!

Good onya.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yeah Russia is extremely corrupt in the organizational crime sense and Putin probably has to walk some line between being ruthless and nice.

quote:
[When conducting political campaigns] one has to be insincere and promise something which you cannot fulfill. So you either have to be a fool who does not understand what you are promising, or deliberately be lying.

- Vladimir Putin

Trump is good at both!

Yep, big time.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

I don't trust either one of those hoodlums.

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Trump is actually not considered a good business person, at best he's considered average. And that's probably being generous. It is why he had to go overseas for money, no banks in the U.S. would finance him anymore. The Russians however would.

I doubt he owes anything to the military complex, except what his supporters want.

Yep, he's stuck it to the banks numerous times.

And yeah, his supporters want a big and ready war machine, because they are warmongers at heart.

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
quote:

--Linda

Well, YEAH!. But I was tired and figured I'd let you do all the typing.

Thanks, you didn't let me down!

Good onya.

Actually, I recall saying some of that more than a year(?) ago now. Although I didn't put it as Americas darkside, America for the most part has never been in favor of the light. And Trump exemplifies American values, the real values we show others, greed, murder, theft, racism, etc....

It's only occasionally we get something right, usually unintentionally.

Btw just read an interesting article about the Coast Guard capturing people in international waters (for possible drug smuggling) and chaining the captives to the decks for months at times.

bryan j borich

Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
And Trump exemplifies American values, the real values we show others, greed, murder, theft, racism, etc....

I'm not sure that is fair. When did we start letting the bottom feeders exemplify America?

Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

He should just ask TDM!

But by just keeping my mouth shut around my Evangelical siblings, I've learned that they hope the liddle trumpeter:
1) will uphold Israel in all things
2) will pave the way for Evangelicals to wrangle their way into his administration allowing them to "take over the government"
3) but failing the first 2, will prove to be the antichrist and usher in the apocalypse so they can be "raptured" and watch the "tribulation" from the balconies of heaven

Not to mention that since he is bigoted, they feel free to display their bigotry.

They really are a sick lot.

I believe the majority of his staunch advocates would agree. Meanwhile there is a bill to allow churches to be political so to speak! Not a good sign though. Like the Alabama law about school vouchers for religious schools, I think they may be allowing for people who are other than Christian to benefit, which they also have overlooked!

Posts: 5108 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:

good

Bad

Are t food stamps based on income AND expenses? For those on Medicare,the high COLA means a high Medicare increase, traditionally. Remember there have been a few times wher the COLA kept Medicare from increasing, although costs had.

Posts: 5108 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post