Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50
Go To
Post
Search BB
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies
Reply
  
Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
P.S. In regards the energy problem, some is getting older.

But most is something else, there was a major decrease, even now I'm usually only at 50%.


I'm aware that when we have more than just a couple of cloudy/rainy days that I get depressed and what little energy I have goes out the window. And it's been rainy for the last 4 days and we've still got 1 to go. Then it gets cold again - but at least the sun will be shining for a couple of days!

But 50% is pretty low, ya know. They should be able to find some explanation for that big a decrease.


It's been mainly sunny and war here during the day, cool to cold at night. And I like rainy/cloudy days for the most part.

We actually had a drizzly day last monday and I missed it Frown   :(


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I just have to share this with you all. Please, Vicki, understand I accept you as one of us.

Written by V. A. Bailey (under different title)
I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts....


You just had to make me cry, didn't ya...

But as sad as that story is, the wonderful thing is that there are people like the woman who cared enough to pay attention - and to make the effort to mitigate the sadness just a little bit for that young boy. And THAT is the true spirit of Christmas!


As much as I hate to say it, that story sounds somewhat made up.

On the other hand, there are similar things that do occur.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:

Hate to say it,but your surface feeding Frown   :(


The bait you are using is so stale it wouldn't even attract a wee baggy minnow.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:

Hate to say it,but your surface feeding Frown   :(


The bait you are using is so stale it wouldn't even attract a wee baggy minnow.


It's not bait. It's just being literal.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Of possible interest,

http://chaos.seisat.su/files/t...%20of%20Kabbalah.pdf


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Thanks. Fwiw. The stress test was positive
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Speaking of which my cortisol test came back ok. My cardiologist doesn't think my energy problem is caused by my heart offhand (and offhand I don't think so either except on hot days anyway).

I've been having somr free hot food this week courtesy of my neighbor, who changed his diet and can't use the restaraunt coupons fully.

And it actually got cold this morning (as in I had to use another cover).

And I'm daydreaming of meatloaf (just give me the entire thing, and something offbeat), twice-baked mash potatoes (or some other unusual concoction), peas and carrots and/or creamed corn, and a cream pie (probably banana).


I'm thinking this energy problem may just be that gettin' old thing where the metabolism starts slowing down, 'cause my get-up-and-go feels like it got-up-and-went too.

Hey, free food is nice!

Meatloaf? Don't you know how to make meatloaf? 'Taint that difficult. I used to make mine very similarly to this one, except that I didn't use milk, just a little water (NOT a cupful!), and I added a little dried bell pepper. No sugar in the topping though, just ketchup and mustard with a little bit of hot sauce if you like: http://allrecipes.com/video/67...ngContentType=recipe

My mom used to make a simple side dish of boiled potatoes and green beans. Just boil potatoes and beans in salted water with butter, drain and sprinkle with a bit of pepper. I have some frozen haricot verts and a small bag of baby potatoes just waiting to be cooked.

Another one is sliced summer squash and chopped onion boiled in water with salt and butter with a sprinkle of pepper if desired. So simple and so good!

I have been craving pumpkin pie. Finally had Instacart deliver one Wednesday morning (along with a week's worth of groceries). Love it for breakfast with coffee. Nothin' better.

You need me to send you something?


While I did break down and buy some ground beef for tacos, it's way to expensive unless I can get it at the Smart and Final.

Anyway, me cook?

I'm semi-tired of pumpkin pies.

And I'm relatively ok. Just day-dreaming......


Ground beef for chili or tacos can be cooked in the microwave oven in a plastic collander. Of course you need a pie pan under it!
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I just have to share this with you all. Please, Vicki, understand I accept you as one of us.

Written by V. A. Bailey (under different title)
I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts. I looked at all the people and grumbled to myself. I would be in here forever and I just had so much to do. Christmas was beginning to become such a drag. I kind of wished that I could just sleep through Christmas but I hurried the best I could through all the people to the toy department. Once again I kind of mumbled to myself at the prices of all these toys. And wondered if the grandkids would even play with them. I found myself in the doll aisle. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a little boy about 5 holding a lovely doll. He kept touching her hair and he held her so gently. I could not seem to help myself. I just kept looking over at the little boy and wondered who the doll was for. I watched him turn to a woman and he called his aunt by name and said, “Are you sure I don’t have enough money?” She replied a bit impatiently, “You know that you don’t have enough money for it.” The aunt told the little boy not to go anywhere, she had to get some other things and would be back in a few minutes and then she left the aisle. The boy continued to hold the doll. After a bit I asked the boy who the doll was for. He said, “It is the doll my sister wanted so badly for Christmas. She just knew that Santa would bring it.” I told him that maybe Santa was going to bring it. He said, “No, Santa can’t go where my sister is… I have to give the doll to my mum to take to her”. I asked him where his sister was. He looked at me with the saddest eyes and said, “She has gone to be with Jesus. My Daddy says that Mum is going to have to go be with her.” My heart nearly stopped beating. The boy looked at me again and said “I told my Daddy to tell Mummy not to go yet. I told him to tell her to wait till I got back from the store.” Then he asked me if I wanted to see his picture. I told him I would love to. He pulled out some pictures he’d had taken at the front of the store. He said “I want my Mummy to take this with her so she won’t ever forget me. I love my Mummy so very much and I wish she did not have to leave me. But Daddy says she will need to be with my sister.”
I saw that the little boy had lowered his head and had grown so very quiet. While he was not looking I reached into my purse and pulled out a handful of bills. I asked the little boy, “Shall we count that money one more time?” He grew excited and said “Yes, I just know it has to be enough”. So I slipped my money in with his and we began to count it. Of course it was plenty for the doll. He said softly, “Thank you Jesus for giving me enough money.” Then the boy said “I just asked Jesus to give me enough money to buy this doll so Mummy can take it with her to give to my sister and he heard my prayer. I wanted to ask him for enough to buy my Mummy a white rose, but I didn’t ask him, but he gave me enough to buy the doll and a rose for my Mummy. She loves white roses so very very much.”
In a few minutes the aunt came back and I wheeled my cart away. I could not keep from thinking about the little boy as I finished my shopping in a totally different spirit than when I had started. And I kept remembering a story I had seen in the newspaper several days earlier about a drunk driver hitting a car and killing a little girl and the mother was in a serious condition. The family was deciding on whether to remove the life support. Now surely this boy did not belong with that story. Two days later I read in the paper where the family had disconnected the life support and the young woman had died. I could not forget the little boy and just kept wondering if the two were somehow connected. Later that day, I could not help myself and I went and bought some white roses and took them to the funeral home where the young woman was. There she was, holding a lovely white rose, the beautiful doll, and the picture of the little boy in the store. I left there in tears, my life changed forever. The love that little boy had for his little sister and his mother was overwhelming. In a split second a drunk driver had ripped the life of that little boy to pieces.


Vicki is absolutely one of us! Loved the story.
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I just have to share this with you all. Please, Vicki, understand I accept you as one of us.

Written by V. A. Bailey (under different title)
I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts....


You just had to make me cry, didn't ya...

But as sad as that story is, the wonderful thing is that there are people like the woman who cared enough to pay attention - and to make the effort to mitigate the sadness just a little bit for that young boy. And THAT is the true spirit of Christmas!


As much as I hate to say it, that story sounds somewhat made up.

On the other hand, there are similar things that do occur.


Does it really matter? And, to be honest sometimes the truth IS stranger than fiction.
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
It's not bait. It's just being literal.


Well, you do know how I rate Literalists.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here
 
Posts: 3025 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:
I just have to share this with you all. Please, Vicki, understand I accept you as one of us.

Written by V. A. Bailey (under different title)
I hurried into the local department store to grab some last minute Christmas gifts....


You just had to make me cry, didn't ya...

But as sad as that story is, the wonderful thing is that there are people like the woman who cared enough to pay attention - and to make the effort to mitigate the sadness just a little bit for that young boy. And THAT is the true spirit of Christmas!


As much as I hate to say it, that story sounds somewhat made up.

On the other hand, there are similar things that do occur.


Possibly.

And yeah, they do.


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Thanks. Fwiw. The stress test was positive


Yikes! Further testing to follow?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Of possible interest,

http://chaos.seisat.su/files/t...%20of%20Kabbalah.pdf


I've bookmarked it.

Always miss SIA when Kabbalah is mentioned...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Does it really matter? And, to be honest sometimes the truth IS stranger than fiction.


That it is!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
We all have our favorite crooners, but this new boy on the block from AGT 2016 has found a special place in my heart...and EARS. I've listened to one of these 2016 AGT clips at least a couple times a week lately just to get my ears crooned:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LybgZtnZPXI

Gotta love him!


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Speaking of which my cortisol test came back ok. My cardiologist doesn't think my energy problem is caused by my heart offhand (and offhand I don't think so either except on hot days anyway).

I've been having somr free hot food this week courtesy of my neighbor, who changed his diet and can't use the restaraunt coupons fully.

And it actually got cold this morning (as in I had to use another cover).

And I'm daydreaming of meatloaf (just give me the entire thing, and something offbeat), twice-baked mash potatoes (or some other unusual concoction), peas and carrots and/or creamed corn, and a cream pie (probably banana).


I'm thinking this energy problem may just be that gettin' old thing where the metabolism starts slowing down, 'cause my get-up-and-go feels like it got-up-and-went too.

Hey, free food is nice!

Meatloaf? Don't you know how to make meatloaf? 'Taint that difficult. I used to make mine very similarly to this one, except that I didn't use milk, just a little water (NOT a cupful!), and I added a little dried bell pepper. No sugar in the topping though, just ketchup and mustard with a little bit of hot sauce if you like: http://allrecipes.com/video/67...ngContentType=recipe

My mom used to make a simple side dish of boiled potatoes and green beans. Just boil potatoes and beans in salted water with butter, drain and sprinkle with a bit of pepper. I have some frozen haricot verts and a small bag of baby potatoes just waiting to be cooked.

Another one is sliced summer squash and chopped onion boiled in water with salt and butter with a sprinkle of pepper if desired. So simple and so good!

I have been craving pumpkin pie. Finally had Instacart deliver one Wednesday morning (along with a week's worth of groceries). Love it for breakfast with coffee. Nothin' better.

You need me to send you something?


While I did break down and buy some ground beef for tacos, it's way to expensive unless I can get it at the Smart and Final.

Anyway, me cook?

I'm semi-tired of pumpkin pies.

And I'm relatively ok. Just day-dreaming......


Ground beef for chili or tacos can be cooked in the microwave oven in a plastic collander. Of course you need a pie pan under it!


Cooking ground beef for tacos or chili I can do, meatloaf would be much more problematic.

Smile   :)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Cooking ground beef for tacos or chili I can do, meatloaf would be much more problematic.Smile   :)


No oven?


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny
 
Posts: 6580 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
Cooking ground beef for tacos or chili I can do, meatloaf would be much more problematic.Smile   :)


No oven?


Depends, but mostly no practice.

Not a big deal either, just watching all those food commercials is annoying. Even though I might not really want that food...


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
bryan j borich
 
Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Thanks. Fwiw. The stress test was positive


Yikes! Further testing to follow?


Angiogram.
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
Sorry to hear she is so tired, but I can identify, and she has a few years on me. I’m in the ER for results from CT scan. I was sent here by DR to rule out cardiac etiology!


Well, tell 'em to hurry up and rule it out!

Meanwhile, will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.


Speaking of which my cortisol test came back ok. My cardiologist doesn't think my energy problem is caused by my heart offhand (and offhand I don't think so either except on hot days anyway).

I've been having somr free hot food this week courtesy of my neighbor, who changed his diet and can't use the restaraunt coupons fully.

And it actually got cold this morning (as in I had to use another cover).

And I'm daydreaming of meatloaf (just give me the entire thing, and something offbeat), twice-baked mash potatoes (or some other unusual concoction), peas and carrots and/or creamed corn, and a cream pie (probably banana).


I'm thinking this energy problem may just be that gettin' old thing where the metabolism starts slowing down, 'cause my get-up-and-go feels like it got-up-and-went too.

Hey, free food is nice!

Meatloaf? Don't you know how to make meatloaf? 'Taint that difficult. I used to make mine very similarly to this one, except that I didn't use milk, just a little water (NOT a cupful!), and I added a little dried bell pepper. No sugar in the topping though, just ketchup and mustard with a little bit of hot sauce if you like: http://allrecipes.com/video/67...ngContentType=recipe

My mom used to make a simple side dish of boiled potatoes and green beans. Just boil potatoes and beans in salted water with butter, drain and sprinkle with a bit of pepper. I have some frozen haricot verts and a small bag of baby potatoes just waiting to be cooked.

Another one is sliced summer squash and chopped onion boiled in water with salt and butter with a sprinkle of pepper if desired. So simple and so good!

I have been craving pumpkin pie. Finally had Instacart deliver one Wednesday morning (along with a week's worth of groceries). Love it for breakfast with coffee. Nothin' better.

You need me to send you something?


While I did break down and buy some ground beef for tacos, it's way to expensive unless I can get it at the Smart and Final.

Anyway, me cook?

I'm semi-tired of pumpkin pies.

And I'm relatively ok. Just day-dreaming......


Ground beef for chili or tacos can be cooked in the microwave oven in a plastic collander. Of course you need a pie pan under it!


Cooking ground beef for tacos or chili I can do, meatloaf would be much more problematic.

Smile   :)


Hubby does his in foil, I think mushroom soup covers it but it’s been a while!
 
Posts: 10826 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
  Powered by Social Strata       Page: 1 ... 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 ... 50 
 

    Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?

© 2003-2020 Aantares Online LLC. All Rights Reserved.