Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
Hey bubbas and bubbettes! Good to 'see' y'all mobsters here.

@ Linda: Yes Bryan is having some computer difficulties. He is working on getting it straightened out. But if I don't hear from him in a couple of days, I'm gonna send the posse after him, hee hee hee!

@ Miz Mary, so happy you made it! And yeah, the format is a little different, but we'll get used to it. I'm posting this from my iPhone and I expect it will be a better experience from the computer when I get it booted up this evening.

'Til then, I'm gonna be annoying our favorite pot stirrer to see if I can get him to come on in.

See y'all.

I sent him an email earlier this morning, that is, 5/3/17. Hope he comes back soon. Sparkle   :sparkle:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
Thanks Lois, I did that.
quote:
Originally posted by Lois:
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
Hi Lois, it's great to see you here also. Any chance maybe SIA would join us?
quote:
I am here.

For those who do not want their full names on their posts - go to your profile and remove your signature. It is not required.

How do I get to my profile?

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
@mary:

Bryan's here and already posted three song lyrics this morning. Smile   :)

Go back to page 2 of this topic and you'll see them.

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18669 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vicki:
I made it, too.

It's good to see you here.

j m jones

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am here.

Glad to see you.

j m jones

Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
Hey there, good to see you. I was floored that Amazon banned you. I think I saw some of what was going on when it happened. From what I saw JIG was harassing you about Allan and pushed you too far, at least that is what I figured happened.

Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Constant...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
Don't let John/bluelamp fool you. He isn't just a lurker; he can get pretty wordy when he gets going on one of his favorite topics, which tend to be a bit esoteric. I understand he mostly does that on another forum, where he has a physicist friend capable of following his most convoluted digressions and trains of association. So he tells me anyway, and I have to take his word for it because *I* can't always follow them!

That said, though--he is one of my oldest friends on Prodigy/Aantares and I love him no end. In fact, I was the one who dragged him over to Amazon in the first place.

As for meandering topics--should I take the liberty of opening up the pub, or should I wait for Allan to show up so he can open it himself? That's the big question of the day.

--Linda

I have 6 posts in 4 days over there on the topic of Buckminster Fuller's Syergetics.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Synergetics_(Fuller)

Definitely esoteric.

I see the pub is opened up.

Posts: 910 | Location: Tucson, AZ | Mbr Since: 04-23-2009Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see the pub is opened up.

Bluelamp,

Yes, opening the pub took about the last hour, even though it was mostly copy and paste. So I'll have to save the Buckminster Fuller link for later.

--Linda

Posts: 18669 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Chronic...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Another sig line I have used in the past is Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Especially if they don't happen to want it? Wink   ;)

Posts: 9075 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
quote:
I made it, too.

Mary,
Did you get an opportunity to notify yba?

Oh, and I probably won't be posting much for the next couple of weeks...got too much going on with my crochet projects. Think I've overextended myself once again. Started not one, but two, new afghans, and both are rather difficult.

Not to mention that I went to the grocery today and bought 2 weeks worth. Not bad, but getting it into the house and put away just about did my back in. I'm a wreak again.

So if y'all are waiting for me to say something controversial to jumpstart us, it's gonna be a while.

Meanwhile, here's a good laugh for ya:
An atheist was walking through the woods one day in Alaska, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

Turning to look, he saw a 13-foot Kodiak brown bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer.

His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw to strike him.

"OH MY GOD! ..."

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

Even the river stopped moving ...

As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around...

"YOU DENY MY EXISTENCE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, TEACH OTHERS THAT I DON'T EXIST AND EVEN CREDIT CREATION TO SOME COSMIC ACCIDENT. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT? AM I TO COUNT YOU AS A BELIEVER?"

Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light and said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?"

"VERY WELL." Said God.

The light went out.

The river ran.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

... and the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive."

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 4650 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Henry J:
quote:
Another sig line I have used in the past is Everyone is entitled to my opinion.

Especially if they don't happen to want it? Wink   ;)

Henry,

Whether they want it or not is a completely separate issue - but that's the whole point! I recall that you gave me a hard time (in a nice way, of course) about that sig line when I was using it. You quoted it making one small change: "Everyone is entitled to Linda's opinion."

It's still just as true as it ever was, even though I'm using a different sig line now. Smile   :)

--Linda

Chronic...
posted Hide Post
Don't feed the bears.

Posts: 9075 | Location: Colorado | Mbr Since: 10-17-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
How do I get to my profile?

Mary,

To get to your profile (or anyone's) you click on your name in the upper left-hand corner of your post. It's a live link and shows up in blue. Click on it once and it will bring up a drop-down box with a number of options. The first option is "View -------'s public profile." Click on that one. Since it's your own profile, you can then edit it.

--Linda

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
Well, it's your fault for apparently sending me your old email address saying it was your new one?

I think.

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Don't feed the bears.

No wonder I can't get any decent food....

bryan j borich

Posts: 465 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bryan:
quote:
Don't feed the bears.

No wonder I can't get any decent food....

I feed the kitties, birds, raccoons, and possums... If you lived next door, I'm sure I could find a few leftovers for you too!

Posts: 4650 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
"I'm a wreak again."

Is wreak a combo of wreck and weak?

Robb

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
"I'm a wreak again."

Is wreak a combo of wreck and weak?

Robb

LOL. Naw, just the auto-correct guess at my fat-fingering of wreck.

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
quote:
I made it, too.

Mary,
Did you get an opportunity to notify yba?

Oh, and I probably won't be posting much for the next couple of weeks...got too much going on with my crochet projects. Think I've overextended myself once again. Started not one, but two, new afghans, and both are rather difficult.

Not to mention that I went to the grocery today and bought 2 weeks worth. Not bad, but getting it into the house and put away just about did my back in. I'm a wreak again.

So if y'all are waiting for me to say something controversial to jumpstart us, it's gonna be a while.

Meanwhile, here's a good laugh for ya:
An atheist was walking through the woods one day in Alaska, admiring all that evolution had created. "What majestic trees! What a powerful river! What beautiful animals!" he said to himself. As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes behind him.

Turning to look, he saw a 13-foot Kodiak brown bear beginning to charge towards him. He ran as fast as he could down the path. He looked over his shoulder and saw that the bear was rapidly closing on him. Somehow, he ran even faster, so scared that tears came to his eyes. He looked again and the bear was even closer.

His heart pounding in his chest, he tried to run faster yet. But alas, he tripped and fell to the ground. As he rolled over to pick himself up, the bear was right over him, reaching for him with its left paw and raising its right paw to strike him.

"OH MY GOD! ..."

Time stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

Even the river stopped moving ...

As a brilliant light shone upon the man, a thunderous voice came from all around...

"YOU DENY MY EXISTENCE FOR ALL THESE YEARS, TEACH OTHERS THAT I DON'T EXIST AND EVEN CREDIT CREATION TO SOME COSMIC ACCIDENT. DO YOU EXPECT ME TO HELP YOU OUT OF THIS PREDICAMENT? AM I TO COUNT YOU AS A BELIEVER?"

Difficult as it was, the atheist looked directly into the light and said, "It would be hypocritical to ask to be a Christian after all these years, but perhaps you could make the bear a Christian?"

"VERY WELL." Said God.

The light went out.

The river ran.

The sounds of the forest resumed.

... and the bear dropped down on his knees, brought both paws together, bowed his head and spoke: "Lord, thank you for this food which I am about to receive."

Funny. Sad part is God would have accepted his belief. Have fun with your crocheting. Come back soon.
I'll let yba know. I sent an email to Allan. No response yet.

j m jones

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
When replying to a longer quote, you may not want to quote the whole thing, but only a few relevant sentences. In that case, you first highlight the part of the post you are replying to. Then you go all the way down to the bottom of the screen--not the individual post, but the whole page--to the lower right corner, where you will see two "quick reply" buttons. One is white and one is yellow, and they are right next to each other.

Okay, I'm doing a test run here to see if I've got it. Thanks - I hope

Nancy M. Davison

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post