Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Astrocat:
quote:
When replying to a longer quote, you may not want to quote the whole thing, but only a few relevant sentences. In that case, you first highlight the part of the post you are replying to. Then you go all the way down to the bottom of the screen--not the individual post, but the whole page--to the lower right corner, where you will see two "quick reply" buttons. One is white and one is yellow, and they are right next to each other.

Okay, I'm doing a test run here to see if I've got it. Thanks - I hope

You've got it, Nancy - congratulations! Smile   :)

--Linda

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18699 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
When replying to a longer quote, you may not want to quote the whole thing, but only a few relevant sentences. In that case, you first highlight the part of the post you are replying to. Then you go all the way down to the bottom of the screen--not the individual post, but the whole page--to the lower right corner, where you will see two "quick reply" buttons. One is white and one is yellow, and they are right next to each other.

Nancy M. Davison

Posts: 5 | Location: Oregon | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Astrocat,

I thought I replied to this post earlier, but it seems my reply disappeared. Yes, you got it - congratulations! Smile   :)

--Linda

Posts: 18699 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of mary spaulding
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is a good tip, thanks Astrocat

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
To anybody interested:
yba called me and his wife is in the hospital again. I am sending him an email so he can come on this thread. He need cheering up. He is such a lovely person.

j m jones

Posts: 31 | Location: Redding California | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
yba called me and his wife is in the hospital again.

Poor dear! She will be in my prayers.

Tell yba we are thinking of them.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6536 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by mary spaulding:
To anybody interested:
yba called me and his wife is in the hospital again. I am sending him an email so he can come on this thread. He need cheering up. He is such a lovely person.

yba has been having health problems himself, but I guess you know that now. He's better than he was, but still not all better by a long way.

In recent weeks he's been posting on the Judaism forum, but rather infrequently. He hasn't been posting at all on the Christianity forum. Why should he, with so many of his friends banned? I think he's mostly worried about his wife, who I know has been sick too. I was under the impression that she too was slowly improving, but it sounds like she's taken a turn for the worse. I'm very sorry to hear that.

I have his email address somewhere, but it might take me some time to dig it up. I think it would be better if you emailed him and invited him to this forum. I know I disagree with him sometimes and get angry at him occasionally, but I still think he'd be an asset to this forum.

Since he's a convert to Judaism and his wife is a practicing Christian, he handles himself well in interfaith discussions and feels comfortable with them. That can't be said for all Jews--or all Christians either, obviously. This is an interfaith forum by default - it has to be.

If you want to, you can copy and paste this post into your email and let him know we look forward to having him join us. And that we are praying for him and his wife.

--Linda

Steadfast...
Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
posted Hide Post

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 18956 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
quote:
To anybody interested:

yba has been having health problems himself, but I guess you know that now. He's better than he was, but still not all better by a long way.

In recent weeks he's been posting on the Judaism forum, but rather infrequently. He hasn't been posting at all on the Christianity forum. Why should he, with so many of his friends banned? I think he's mostly worried about his wife, who I know has been sick too. I was under the impression that she too was slowly improving, but it sounds like she's taken a turn for the worse. I'm very sorry to hear that.

I have his email address somewhere, but it might take me some time to dig it up. I think it would be better if you emailed him and invited him to this forum. I know I disagree with him sometimes and get angry at him occasionally, but I still think he'd be an asset to this forum.

Since he's a convert to Judaism and his wife is a practicing Christian, he handles himself well in interfaith discussions and feels comfortable with them. That can't be said for all Jews--or all Christians either, obviously. This is an interfaith forum by default - it has to be.

If you want to, you can copy and paste this post into your email and let him know we look forward to having him join us. And that we are praying for him and his wife.

--Linda

I spoke with him last night on the telephone and he is really worried about his wife. He is on a respirator. He is trying to by optimistic, but underneath he's scared.

He is not going to his email at the present time.

I've let him know about this forum and he is interested.

j m jones

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
I'm going to email yba but I don't see how to get to the Login/Register place for I can tell him how to sign up.
Can anyone help me with this one?

j m jones

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
To anybody interested:

--Linda

I spoke with him last night on the telephone and he is really worried about his wife. He is on a respirator. He is trying to by optimistic, but underneath he's scared.

He is not going to his email at the present time.

I've let him know about this forum and he is interested.

Mary,

Thank you for the update on yba, even though it isn't good news by a long way. I'll let them know on the Judaism forum, unless Lois has done it already. But afaik she hasn't been here today, so I don't think she's seen your post yet.

That's one thing about yba I never really credited him with before--he always tries to be optimistic, to look for the positive aspect of things, no matter how challenging the situation.

--Linda

Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'm going to email yba but I don't see how to get to the Login/Register place for I can tell him how to sign up.

Mary,

Go to the Aantares home page at this link: www.aantares.com/eve

At the top of the right-hand column, where it says "Welcome ---" you'll see this [Logout] link since you are already logged in. But if you're already logged out or a visitor, the link says [Login/Register]. You click on that and it will bring up the registration form.

--Linda

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Right, you lot, time to get into gear.

Orthodox science looks as though it is starting to catch up on me at long last.

Seems the Blessed Wallace Greenslade was right all along, it IS all in the mind, you know, something I have know since I were a lad back in the 1950s.

Being the decent bloke I am, I give you fair warning: am about to buy the latest Great Courses lectures on Neuropsychology.

Lurking on Amazon, I see the same old errors time after time, from the orthodox believers and non-believers alike. Can't get my head around why the atheists insist the Bible must be read literally, when they do not believe it anyway. Noah's flood story WAS based on real events, as was the Sodom and Gomorrah mythology, designed for exactly the same purpose as the 12,000 years older story of the Rainbow Serpent blowing huge holes in the ground which are now a great tourist attraction as crater lakes.

Have been trying too, to no avail, to find ANYONE who can explain the two versions of David's census. WHY did God con him into making that census?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2955 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Have been trying too, to no avail, to find ANYONE who can explain the two versions of David's census. WHY did God con him into making that census?

Which God; El Elyon or YWHW?
Which God; El Elyon or the High Priest who "wore the
Name" on his forehead?

Now, if it was the High Priest, they received 10%...?

Oh, and just for fun, use your mouse to scramble the face:
http://www.y8.com/games/trump_funny_face

Posts: 6536 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
posted 05-07-2017 12:13 Right, you lot, time to get into gear.

'Bout bloody time you showed up, old man!

Freshie...
posted Hide Post
"Refugee"

We got somethin', we both know it, we don't talk too much about it
Ain't no real big secret, all the same, somehow we get around it
Listen, it don't really matter to me baby
You believe what you want to believe, you see

You don't have to live like a refugee
(Don't have to live like a refugee)

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some
Tell me why you want to lay there, revel in your abandon
Honey, it don't make no difference to me baby
Everybody has to fight to be free, you see

[Chorus:]
You don't have to live like a refugee
No baby you don't have to live like a refugee

Baby we ain't the first
I'm sure a lot of other lovers been burned
Right now it seems real to you, but it's
One of those things you gotta feel to be true

Somewhere, somehow, somebody must have kicked you around some
Who knows maybe you were kidnapped tied up,
Taken away and held for ransom
Honey, it don't make no difference to me, baby
Everybody has to fight to be free, you see

[Chorus x2]

- Tom Petty

I've had that song in my head since I first saw this thread, had to let it out.

Posts: 24 | Location: * | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Mary,

Go to the Aantares home page at this link: www.aantares.com/eve

At the top of the right-hand column, where it says "Welcome ---" you'll see this [Logout] link since you are already logged in. But if you're already logged out or a visitor, the link says [Login/Register]. You click on that and it will bring up the registration form.

--Linda

Thanks Linda. I found another way and have emailed him.

j m jones

Settling in...
posted Hide Post
GARBAGE LYRICS

"All The Good In This Life"

Once when I was a girl
I could have given you a ride for your money
Oh, but how times have changed
Although you do look cute in those red cowboy boots

No, you don't mess around
But you're just a kid, you don't know what it takes

No one can stop you now
Anymore than they can tell the wind not to blow
Who's going to run you now?
With the riders in the dirt back on astelin turf

I can't tell you what to do
You're free as a bird, go do what you've got to do

Don't you worry boy
Life will come and find you
You're going to blow their minds
Show them all a thing or two

Don't you worry boy
Life will come and find you
You're going to blow their minds
Show them all a thing or two

All the good in this life, wish for yourself

bryan j borich

Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
Everyone,

I started a new topic on the Music forum you might want to take a look at. It's called "Song For Today" and it's just for song lyrics.

I figured as long as we have this tradition at Amazon, I might as well do a little redecorating and make this place look a little more like home, ya gnow?

--Linda

Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
posted 05-07-2017 12:13 Right, you lot, time to get into gear.

'Bout bloody time you showed up, old man!

I note you yet again dodged my questions Autumn  :autumn:

Why is it so?

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2955 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post