Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Amazon Ex-Pats  Hop To Forums  General Discussions    Amazon Refugee Camp?
      Page: 1 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 50
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Amazon Refugee Camp?
 Login/Register 
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
"I note you yet again dodged my questions"

Did you miss my first response? It is immediately under your posted question...

[Edit] The fact that it states "Israel and Judah" should clue us that it wasn't written by David, but is more likely a later redaction following the split between Israel and Judah.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6533 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
@Allan

With a little help from Reed I was able to find out where you're posting at Amazon now and under what name. I asked her specifically not to post your new screen name on the Pub thread, with mega-trolls lurking around and all. So she emailed it to me. Finding the thread took a little doing, but I finally did.

I only had a quick look, but you and CMS seem to have something really interesting going on about the names of God--El Elyon, Shaddai, YHVH, Tsvaoth (my transliterations), etc.

I thought I posted a note to CMS suggesting we start a topic here on that subject or a related one. I'm now reading the topic again and can't find the note I thought I posted. Maybe I started writing it and didn't get it finished or posted.

I still think it would be a good idea to start a topic here on one of the subjects being discussed on that thread. I'm not volunteering to start it tonight though. Smile   :)

--Linda

That which can be destroyed by the truth should be. --P.C. Hodgell

Posts: 18699 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
Did you miss my first response? It is immediately under your posted question...

[Edit] The fact that it states "Israel and Judah" should clue us that it wasn't written by David, but is more likely a later redaction following the split between Israel and Judah.[/QUOTE]

The whole thing is a schemozzle so far as I am concerned, and I thought Robb hit it nicely when she confidently predicted in 2017 something which she said was going to happen in the 1980s.

First we are told God is angry with Israel -- no reason given -- THEN we are told he conned David into the census. Clearly this was made up after the event to explain the plague.

Your valid point adds nicely to that.

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2955 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
Picture of Allan
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
@Allan

With a little help from Reed I was able to find out where you're posting at Amazon now and under what name. I asked her specifically not to post your new screen name on the Pub thread, with mega-trolls lurking around and all. So she emailed it to me. Finding the thread took a little doing, but I finally did.

I only had a quick look, but you and CMS seem to have something really interesting going on about the names of God--El Elyon, Shaddai, YHVH, Tsvaoth (my transliterations), etc.

I thought I posted a note to CMS suggesting we start a topic
here on that subject or a related one. I'm now reading the topic again and can't find the note I thought I posted. Maybe I started writing it and didn't get it finished or posted.

That's not me on Amazon; still haven't managed to get a new email address so I can order a book or three.

I like your idea, so will leave it up to you.
I still think it would be a good idea to start a topic here on one of the subjects being discussed on that thread. I'm not volunteering to start it tonight though. Smile   :)

--Linda

The people's flag is deepest red It shrouded oft our martyred dead
...Though cowards flinch and traitors sneer We'll keep the red flag flying here

Posts: 2955 | Location: Queensland, Australia | Mbr Since: 05-05-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
@Allan:

I see you haven't quite gotten the hang of replying to a post on Aantares yet. In some ways it's easier than replying to a post on Amazon because the reply window uses basic HTML code, while on Amazon OTOH you are limited to plain text. It's not difficult, but there are a few tricks you need to know first.

I had a hard time finding your actual reply to my last post, because what you wrote is in the quote box, sandwiched in between the last two paragraphs of my post, which you were quoting.H

You obviously hit the reply button at the bottom of my post, which is what you should do if you're quoting the whole thing. But if you do that, be sure to type your reply AFTER the final HTML quote symbol. It looks like this in the reply window: [/QUOTE] Then hit ENTER once and continue with whatever you want to say.

If you type your reply immediately after the lines you're replying to but before the final [/QUOTE] symbol, it ends up within the quote box like yours did. That can be very confusing!

Posts: 18699 | Location: So. Calif., USA | Mbr Since: 03-12-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Steadfast...
posted Hide Post
@Allan again:

This is what your reply should have looked like:
quote:
Originally posted by Raksha:
@Allan

I thought I posted a note to CMS suggesting we start a topic
here on that subject or a related one. I'm now reading the topic again and can't find the note I thought I posted. Maybe I started writing it and didn't get it finished or posted.

That's not me on Amazon; still haven't managed to get a new email address so I can order a book or three.

I like your idea, so will leave it up to you.

You didn't need my last paragraph or my signature, since you were only replying to the first part of my post. So you should have highlighted and deleted them while you were still in the reply window. That's what I just did here.

--Linda

Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Allan:

The whole thing is a schemozzle so far as I am concerned, and I thought Robb hit it nicely when she confidently predicted in 2017 something which she said was going to happen in the 1980s.

First we are told God is angry with Israel -- no reason given -- THEN we are told he conned David into the census. Clearly this was made up after the event to explain the plague.

Your valid point adds nicely to that.

Like I said, it is really easy to say something will happen when it has already happened. Or some natural disaster is god being mad at some person or area. Or just testing you if you get caught in it. Winter  :winter:

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
"Like I said, it is really easy to say something will happen when it has already happened."

IIRC, the original concept behind the word prophecy was not limited to future prediction. It also included revelation/explanation of a current or past event.

Posts: 6533 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Hwow!

Q: Judge Barrett, are you supposed to stop for a red light?
A: I can only decide cases as they come to me litigated by parties on a full record after fully engaging precedent, talking to colleagues, writing an opinion, and so I can't answer hypothetical questions like that.

Posts: 32135 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Gus Rodgers:
Hwow!

Don't hold back, say what you're thinking, we can handle it.

Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Craig:
quote:
Hwow!

I am an atheist.

A: I can only decide cases as they come to me litigated by parties on a full record after fully engaging precedent, talking to colleagues, writing an opinion, and so I can't answer hypothetical questions like that.

Posts: 32135 | Location: Dacron, Ohio | Mbr Since: 05-19-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hwow!

I am an atheist.

I'm pretty close to that. This group from Amazon is very diverse. Some are Christians, some are Jewish, at least two are Panentheists, and at least one atheist. I was a Fundie Christian for over 30 years but have abandoned that completely. We all usually get along fairly well too.

Posts: 32 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:

I'm pretty close to that. This group from Amazon is very diverse. Some are Christians, some are Jewish, at least two are Panentheists, and at least one atheist. I was a Fundie Christian for over 30 years but have abandoned that completely. We all usually get along fairly well too.

And Bry would be classified as??????

“I’m not in this world to live up to your expectations and you’re not in this world to live up to mine.”

Posts: 66 | Location: PacNorthwest | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Settling in...
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hwow!

I am an atheist.

Don't worry, God won't hold you responsible for not believing in yourself.

Smile   :)

bryan j borich

Posts: 477 | Location: CA | Mbr Since: 05-02-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Hwow!

I am an atheist.

Okay, fine. I have been a member of Aant from the very beginning. I only rarely post on the Religion & Spirituality forum.

Welcome.

Freshie...
Picture of Craig
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by robinhood:
quote:

And Bry would be classified as??????

Panentheist

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:

When you think about that...
God is Spirit.
God is omnipresent, there is no place where He is not.
Therefore we exist within God.
And God is within us.

"...that God may be all, and in all..." 1 Cor 15:28

Emerging...
Picture of robinhood
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:

When you think about that...
God is Spirit.
God is omnipresent, there is no place where He is not.
Therefore we exist within God.
And God is within us.

"...that God may be all, and in all..." 1 Cor 15:28

Face Palm

Sigh

Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Face Palm

Alright...SHE!

Aardent
Picture of Gus Rodgers
posted Hide Post
Exactly how does one get to this Amazon bb all you panentheists are fleeing from?