Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Money    Obama did NOTHING about gun control in his 8 years. Why ?
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Obama did NOTHING about gun control in his 8 years. Why ?
 Login/Register

Enthusiast...
posted

Depending on what propaganda is put out by anti-gun nuts and what legislation is proposed by congress in an attempt to appease the anti-gun nuts, here are some stocks you might want to take a look at. Keep in mind, no matter what is proposed, no new gun laws will stop people from killing other people with guns.

quote:
While there is indeed a slowdown under way and the stocks of gunmakers have borne the brunt of it, the industry is inherently cyclical and the current downtrend is nowhere near as apocalyptic as has been portrayed. The industry still offers several attractive investment opportunities, made even more so because of the hits their stocks have taken, but also because of their strong management teams and otherwise great operations.

https://www.fool.com/investing...-to-buy-in-2017.aspx

Posts: 3851 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
quote:
Fear of greater gun control
One of the reasons proffered for rising gun sales at Smith & Wesson Holding (NASDAQ:AOBC), Sturm, Ruger (NYSE:RGR), and other gun manufacturers was the fear of more gun control. Ruger specifically cited the elections in its third-quarter earnings release last month as one of the primary reasons the estimated sell-through of its firearms from independent distributors to retailers was so high for the period. Smith & Wesson was more charitable, saying it didn't take presidential politics into consideration.
While the press and pundits were all expecting Clinton to easily walk away with the presidency, they weren't alone. Gun dealers also bought into the notion she would win and had busily built up their inventory in anticipation of the outcome. The belief was apparently that if she won, there would be a huge run by gun buyers getting their purchases in before any new restrictions could be imposed.
When Donald Trump surprised everyone with his upset victory, it took the wind out of the sails of the gunmakers, which saw their stocks tumble in the aftermath. Shares of Smith & Wesson fell 15% and Ruger dropped 14%. There just no longer seemed to be the need to buy a gun now -- today! -- and that posed a problem for the gun dealers: They had this huge inventory on hand they now needed to get rid of.

https://www.fool.com/investing...growth-will-slo.aspx
Conclusion: The out cry for more gun control will actually put more guns in the hands of Americans, NOT less.

Posts: 3851 | Location: TN | Mbr Since: 11-22-2013Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Enthusiast...
posted Hide Post
Liberals will lose the gun issue again.

I've been getting a lot of questions as to “ what is an assault weapon? “.
So here it is.
Assault weapon, defined
Assault weapon is a term used in the United States to define some types of firearms.
The definition varies among regulating jurisdictions, but usually includes semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip, and sometimes other features such as a flash suppressor or barrel shroud.
: any of various automatic or semiautomatic firearms; especially : assault rifle

Definition of assault rifle
: any of various intermediate-range, magazine-fed military rifles (such as the AK-47) that can be set for automatic or semiautomatic fire;
also : a rifle that resembles a military assault rifle but is designed to allow only semiautomatic fire

By those definitions if “ assault weapons “ are banned, it will only leaves the below weapons for Americans to protect themselves:
Assault weapon: A revolver
Assault rifle: A single shot rifle, a pump action rifle and/or a bolt action rifle. ( AKA long gun )All pre 1950s technology.

All others would be banned in violation of the second amendment of the US Constitution.

quote:
Second Amendment. The Second Amendment of the United States Constitution reads: "A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

IMO, it is time for the NRA to regroup and rename itself as individual state militia's to strengthen American gun owner's right to bear arms.

Aardent
Picture of BullDoug
posted Hide Post
quote:

Because the REPUBLICANS sold their souls to the NRA and blocked any effort to control guns.

You have even made it easier to get assault rifles and easier for others to get guns.

Are you dense or something? You should know this.

You control both houses AND the Presidency. It's all on you at this point.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
In a time of universal deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Posts: 31262 | Location: west | Mbr Since: 11-25-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Admin
Picture of *CJ
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by BullDoug:
quote:

Because the REPUBLICANS sold their souls to the NRA and blocked any effort to control guns.

You have even made it easier to get assault rifles and easier for others to get guns.

High 5   :high5: Doug.

Posts: 16525 | Location: Austin, TX USA | Mbr Since: 09-08-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yep, but the NRA must be feeling a bit of heat as of late. Today I received a letter from the NRA providing me with my "New NRA Membership Card" with a "free" NRA duffel bag when I join.

It states in part:
"There has never been a more important time for you to accept the enclosed membership card and carry it with pride.

Hundreds of anti-gun politicians, judges, radical billionaires and the freedom hating media elite are vowing to fight on and never surrender...not until they ban hundreds of popular firearms, register gun owners and drive a stake in the heart of your freedoms.
No other symbol packs the power of your NRA membership card. That's because this card has stopped hundreds of schemes to ban your guns and ammo, make you pay sky-high taxes on firearm purchases, and shut down gun shows, ranges and hunting lands.

How can this simple membership card be so powerful? Because behind this card stands the ironclad commitment of nearly five million NRA members to fight gun-ban politicians and media elites who attack our guns and trample our freedoms.

This card offers crystal-clear proof to our elected leaders that if they push gun registration, licensing and prohibition, then they can expect defeat in Congress and the courts - and in the next election! It's that promise backed by NRA membership muscle, that stops gun-banners in their tracks."

I'm going to state right up front that I've owned a gun for the better part of 40 years. I learned how to shoot it for the purpose of self defense at a gun range by a professional trainer. I became good enough that I was solicited to join a local gun club that offered self defense/military type competition. I turned it down because I was uncomfortable around those gun-ho Smile   :) types.

However, I am a firm believer that those who own guns should be required to learn how to properly handle and shoot it before they can be licensed to have it in their possession and/or carry it. They are not toys!

Soldiers are not thrown a firearm and sent to war without sufficient training and civilians should be equally treated when it comes to the use of deadly weapons. No wiggle room.

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6586 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by That JR Thang:
quote:
quote:

Yep, but the NRA must be feeling a bit of heat as of late. Today I received a letter from the NRA providing me with my "New NRA Membership Card" with a "free" NRA duffel bag when I join.

It states in part:
"There has never been a more important time for you to accept the enclosed membership card and carry it with pride.

Hundreds of anti-gun politicians, judges, radical billionaires and the freedom hating media elite are vowing to fight on and never surrender...not until they ban hundreds of popular firearms, register gun owners and drive a stake in the heart of your freedoms.
No other symbol packs the power of your NRA membership card. That's because this card has stopped hundreds of schemes to ban your guns and ammo, make you pay sky-high taxes on firearm purchases, and shut down gun shows, ranges and hunting lands.

How can this simple membership card be so powerful? Because behind this card stands the ironclad commitment of nearly five million NRA members to fight gun-ban politicians and media elites who attack our guns and trample our freedoms.

This card offers crystal-clear proof to our elected leaders that if they push gun registration, licensing and prohibition, then they can expect defeat in Congress and the courts - and in the next election! It's that promise backed by NRA membership muscle, that stops gun-banners in their tracks."

I'm going to state right up front that I've owned a gun for the better part of 40 years. I learned how to shoot it for the purpose of self defense at a gun range by a professional trainer. I became good enough that I was solicited to join a local gun club that offered self defense/military type competition. I turned it down because I was uncomfortable around those gun-ho Smile   :) types.

However, I am a firm believer that those who own guns should be required to learn how to properly handle and shoot it before they can be licensed to have it in their possession and/or carry it. They are not toys!

Soldiers are not thrown a firearm and sent to war without sufficient training and civilians should be equally treated when it comes to the use of deadly weapons. No wiggle room.

It sounds like you are talking about a well-trained militia! Switzerland seems to do an excellent job of that. Wow!

Posts: 11041 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Devoted...
Picture of That JR Thang
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It states in part:

It sounds like you are talking about a well-trained militia! Switzerland seems to do an excellent job of that. Wow!

Trust me, I won't be joining the NRA!

The very idea of civilians having access to lethal weapons without proper training is reckless to the extreme, imho.

As for Switzerland:
"People who've been convicted of a crime or have an alcohol or drug addiction aren't allowed to buy guns in Switzerland.

The law also states that anyone who "expresses a violent or dangerous attitude" won't be permitted to own a gun.

Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" also have to prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license."
https://tinyurl.com/yck5mnpo

Fence straddlers get a crotch full of splinters -- Granny

Posts: 6586 | Location: Atlanta | Mbr Since: 05-01-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Never goes away...
Picture of Reed N D Dark
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It states in part:

Trust me, I won't be joining the NRA!

The very idea of civilians having access to lethal weapons without proper training is reckless to the extreme, imho.

As for Switzerland:
"People who've been convicted of a crime or have an alcohol or drug addiction aren't allowed to buy guns in Switzerland.

The law also states that anyone who "expresses a violent or dangerous attitude" won't be permitted to own a gun.

Gun owners who want to carry their weapon for "defensive purposes" also have to prove they can properly load, unload, and shoot their weapon and must pass a test to get a license."
https://tinyurl.com/yck5mnpo

It was my understanding that the way a Swiss citizen got a weapon was through their military service. The only defense it was to be used for was when called up to serve in national defense. And iirc they are mainly rifles.

My grandfather used his for hunting including killing jack rabbits and rattlesnakes that threatened his farm animals.

Posts: 11041 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post