Aantares    Aantares BB  Hop To Forum Categories  Your News, Money, Sports  Hop To Forums  Money    Not a BIG CORP? Here's what a "$2T stimulus" might mean for you
Go To
Notify Me
TOS/Tools/Smilies

Not a BIG CORP? Here's what a "$2T stimulus" might mean for you
 Login/Register

Admin
posted
quote:
Those amounts could mean the difference between deep depression or even suicide (for life insurance to survivors)... but, only as a stop gap measure (until Easter?).

Pelosi is already talking about a 4th coronavirus relief package (to further help the NOT-SO-WEALTHY).

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Aardent
Picture of Victor Laszlo
posted Hide Post
I don’t det why we are the ones bailing out the cruise ship industry. They don’t pay taxes. They fly foreign flags and employ mostly foreigner’s.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
“ Fox News has done to our parents what our parents thought video games would do to us.”

"The real threat to our democracy isn't a religion and its millions of followers but the Trump administration's abuse of power and utter contempt for the truth.”

"If there is a Muslim ban, refugees can pretend they are christians. You know, just like republicans do."

New York Post: ‘Donald Trump Jr. is an Idiot’

"Those that tell me not to talk politics cause I'm an uninformed celebrity voted for an uninformed celebrity for president." Alyssa Milano

"trump appeals to the lowest common denominator" Stephen Hawking

• "Science doesn't care what you believe"
    " I don't watch Fox News for the same reason I don't eat out of the toilet"
  •  
    Posts: 31711 | Location: from my home | Mbr Since: 10-13-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    Headquarters are in the US, for some cruise lines. And one ship is registered in the US. All the others are registered in foreign countries to avoid paying minimum wages and being bound by some other US laws. Sort of like most business are incorporated in Nevada or Delaware.

Do remember that the travel agents are losing money too.

Posts: 11017 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Hmmm, something ain't right with that link... so here's one that should work: https://bit.ly/2UxeXgr

We've got our state and federal refunds (filed taxes, in early February, as soon as copies of all paperwork reached us).

Also see:
    quote:
    Ummm, why not (as AOC has said, we're talking about the ones that DO pay taxes...)? SO, WHY?!

Because BIG CORPS will be getting BILLION$ that they do not actually need (so that they can spend those BILLION$ on their fascist-puppets in the upcoming elections)?

Posts: 25914 | Location: VA | Mbr Since: 11-08-2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    First link doesn’t work.

Got a call from a niece who found she couldn’t apply for unemployment on a phone! Wasn’t clear what the problem was but she said she really tried. She ended up buying a really cheap computer so she could file.

Years ago I remember the unemployment office having a few computers but I can’t imagine that that would be efficient in this case. Back then filing could still be on paper, but it still wasn’t all that close to even get to the unemployment offices.

I can only imagine how well some of our seniors are going to file for some of their benefits for this!

Posts: 11017 | Location: Central PA | Mbr Since: 05-14-2017Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
    First link doesn’t work.
    It isn't working for me either AND I copied & pasted it from the "source" document. So, I used "bitly" to shorten the link which is not working... this one should work:
    https://bit.ly/2UxeXgr

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Stop The Madness:
    quote:
    Those amounts could mean the difference between deep depression or even suicide (for life insurance to survivors)... but, only as a stop gap measure (until Easter?).

Pelosi is already talking about a 4th coronavirus relief package (to further help the NOT-SO-WEALTHY).

Oops. Just discovered the above link works for me. I think I was thinking about a link HB recently posted which didn't work for me.

Oh, never mind. I see I was on the wrong link, and Karl already fixed it.

Forget I was here.

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44306 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    Originally posted by Reed N D Dark:
    First link doesn’t work.
    It isn't working for me either AND I copied & pasted it from the "source" document. So, I used "bitly" to shorten the link which is not working... this one should work:
    https://bit.ly/2UxeXgr

That works.

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    quote:
    quote:

Oops. Just discovered the above link works for me. I think I was thinking about a link HB recently posted which didn't work for me.

Forget I was here.
    You may be able to sneak away, LD ... but you'll NEVER be forgotten! Smile   :)

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    IRS releases more info on how to get coronavirus stimulus checks ASAP

Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin said payments will go out "within three weeks" for people who have their direct deposit information on file with the IRS.

Aallegiant
    Picture of Lynn Dee
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    You may be able to sneak away, LD ... but you'll NEVER be forgotten! Smile   :)

LOL!   :lol:

Zach Floyd: "I want Trump to start claiming things like he's eaten 1,000 bees in his life so we can see Scott Walker try to eat a bunch of bees." Plus: And Jeb! take the bold stand of announcing he will not be eating any bees.

Posts: 44306 | Location: SoCal by the Mall | Mbr Since: 10-06-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Aavid
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    Originally posted by Lynn Dee:
    quote:
    quote:

Forget I was here.

LD, I found an alternate link. If you haven't seen it yet, please watch it. It's hilarious.

HB

Posts: 25317 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Admin
    posted Hide Post

Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:

We rarely get refunds that require the IRS to have an account number. It’s always been my goal to owe about $50. That turns ou to be harder to do now that I have an IRA that has different gains etc. because the IRA now requires estimated taxes be filed any refund is just applied to the next payment. I do however get my social security deposited directly. As if I had a choice! hopefully whoever does the program that looks at income can still use the information from SSA. I’m pretty sure we are not unique in this kind of scenario. As I was reading what the IRS was suggesting for those that don’t file income taxes having to file short form I found it didn’t exist yet! Geeez.... fortunately, they have recended that requirement!

Ultimately, I’m more worried about family that are now not working and desperately need the checks, soon!

Admin
    posted Hide Post

Here's a good Q&A article, from forbes.com (questions that I would never have asked, but answers about which others might be curious)
    quote:

Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    Interesting questions, at least some of them. The dependent “gotchas” are interesting.

Admin
    posted Hide Post

An article well worth reading:

It goes beyond just telling you who gets how much, who doesn't get anything, and the DATES when the IRS will be sending money to those who qualify.
    quote:

Admin
    posted Hide Post

re: those stimulus checks that SOME are getting or will get:
    quote:
    03 April 2020
    cnbc.com Can I not accept the money the government wants to give me so I don’t have to pay it back later?

As of right now, there is no way to “opt out” of receiving a payment if you qualify. “Payments will be automatically made to every eligible person. If you accepted a tax refund by direct deposit, the government will send the funds directly to you the same way,” Winchester said. “This payment is not taxable income. Instead, it is an advance refund on the taxes you will owe for 2020. If it turns out that you would not qualify for the money based on your 2020 tax return, you do not have to return it. It’s yours to keep.”
    also see:
    quote:
    The Senate (i.e., McConnell) is not interested in taking up the bill. Will this stance hurt or help the CONS in November?

If, for some reason, the Senate does act on and passes this... will DJT veto it?

...so many questions, so little time

Never goes away...
    Picture of Reed N D Dark
    posted Hide Post
    I original looked to see if this was basically an advance of refunds as it was last time. It was less clear this time around.

Admin
    posted Hide Post

Admin
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    While SENATE CONS are hell bent on continuing to screw average Americans... and while MOST Americans continue to SUFFER, billionaires are getting much richer... (I might add, some of the richest are screwing their employees--cutting hours and pay AND laying-off many of them... Elon Musk comes to mind--and he received among the largest gain in billion$)!
    quote:
    American billionaires got $434 billion richer during the pandemic

Elon Musk had among the largest percentage gain of billionaires during the two months, seeing his net worth jump by 48% in the two months to $36 billion.

Aavid
    Picture of Holy Bhagworm
    posted Hide Post
    quote:
    quote:
    While SENATE CONS are hell bent on continuing to screw average Americans... and while MOST Americans continue to SUFFER, billionaires are getting much richer... (I might add, some of the richest are screwing their employees--cutting hours and pay AND laying-off many of them... Elon Musk comes to mind--and he received among the largest gain in billion$)!
    quote:
    American billionaires got $434 billion richer during the pandemic

Elon Musk had among the largest percentage gain of billionaires during the two months, seeing his net worth jump by 48% in the two months to $36 billion.

We haven't received a cent. I only wish they'd blow all of their heads off. Thank you, STM!

HB

Posts: 25317 | Location: 1 | Mbr Since: 08-11-2004Reply With QuoteReport This Post
    Steadfast...
    Picture of Ictalurus Punctatus
    posted Hide Post
    quote:

Well that’s because he’s making a product that will save the climate by making petrol vehicles and peaker electric plants obsolete because they won’t be viable economically.

I thought you lefties were environmentally vectored. But boy, you sure make it look like your only issue is hating the wealthy and the environment cause was ancillary... until now.

If one goes to Tesla.com the first page you see is about solar roof tiles and power wall batteries... not the cars. That solar power roof is going to be even bigger than the car division and the car division is the second most valuable (behind Toyota) car maker.

Instead of seeking understanding, people are increasingly interpreting the actions of others in the least generous way possible and assuming the worst of intentions.

Posts: 19131 | Location: On The Beach | Mbr Since: 10-07-2003Reply With QuoteReport This Post